Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2020 at 2:24 AM
Can't Delete a Thread but Want Account Deleted
Hi, there!

Apologies in advance if I'm erring by posting here. Sorry!

I've been "spring-cleaning" my digital life, and in doing this, I'm working on deleting any account I just really don't have a use for anymore. Frankly, I just don't play the Sims anymore, and I don't really have a need to stick around this forum. I'm sure my inactive history/activity on the site kinda proves that.

Anyways, I read the official policy about account deletion and tried to abide by it; unfortunately, there's one thread in particular that I can't delete. It's a "Sims 2 Help" thread I submitted way back in 2010. (Thread Here .) When I click "delete" and go through the confirmation, I get a page that says "I do not have permission to access this page".

Is there any way that thread could be deleted so my account can be deleted per normal policy? Or if the metaphorical middleman wants to be skipped, can we just delete the account immediately?

I'm willing to adhere to whatever process is necessary. I know making exceptions is not the ideal way of doing things, so I'm okay if the thread is just deleted; and then, I'll just let your normal account deletion system take place.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 6:31 PM
Sorry for intruding on your post like this, but hello administrators, I have the same issue. I've left the Sims community and want to clean up the junk I left behind.

I also can't delete my 3 or so threads that I started, because I think it's per site protocol that they stay up to help other users. However, in my opinion, mine in particular are pretty janky since I deleted my replies on them and they didn't serve much purpose to begin with.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by featherlullaby
Sorry for intruding on your post like this, but hello administrators, I have the same issue. I've left the Sims community and want to clean up the junk I left behind.

I also can't delete my 3 or so threads that I started, because I think it's per site protocol that they stay up to help other users. However, in my opinion, mine in particular are pretty janky since I deleted my replies on them and they didn't serve much purpose to begin with.
Hey @featherlullaby !

I deleted a few threads/posts that indeed don't really add much value anymore (Like ones where you already deleted the replies and were the only one who replied on them). Though there are a few that still seem very valuable for other users though, and still possible to follow. But no activity on your account will eventually get deleted (those threads though will still exist but made by 'deleted user')

Hopefully this is in some way helpful!