Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 5:41 PM
Default Testing Performance and Loading Times in Evansdale County on Ryzen 5 3600X CPU

In this video I test loading times and performance in Evansdale County , a custom TS3 World by MySimRealty. I'm populating this world manually. So far there are 55 residents, 87 service Sims and 44 homeless. I'm aiming for 120 residents at least, considering the amount of community lots there are.

I have every EP and SP installed, as well as 7 GB of Store/CC and 35 script mods. I'm also using default replacements for skin textures, eyes and more + 4K shadows and anisotropic filtering.

Loading times are pretty fast (40 seconds) for such a large world. Responsiveness is great. The game runs at a consistent 60 FPS with V-Sync enabled through Nvidia Inspector. If V-Sync is disabled, the game runs at 100-300 FPS but there's noticeable screen tearing. When I'm not recording, the game loads faster (30 seconds) and performance is even better.

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 at 3200 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P
Storage: Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD + 2 TB HDD WD Black 7200 RPM
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Damn my system is outdated. Is your game loaded on the SSD or the HDD? I'm thinking about getting a small SSD chip since my mobo supports one, just big enough to put TS3 on it.

On the SSD. I'll be buying a new SSD soon and I'll install it there. I heard games run better on an SSD that's not running the SO at the same time (a dedicated SSD just for games). That'll also allow me to record to one SSD while using the other for gaming.

Since upgrading to my new CPU, I've noticed a massive increase in performance and overall smoothness. I'm still using the same GPU and SSD, but the CPU makes a huge difference. You still get the occasional stutter when moving the camera, but the simulation runs 100% lag free.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 8:48 PM
SSDs are no brainers, you can get a terabyte for under €100 nowadays. I have a terabyte in SSD space already but it's spread across two drives and about €250.....

Of course SSDs aren't all the same and some are better at this than that, but all SSDs are faster than all HDDs and I can't imagine storing important data on a HDD in this day and age.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 5:53 PM
Oooo! I love videos like this! I love seeing how the Sims 3 performs on different levels of hardware, it's fascinating to me.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.