Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:25 AM
I'm loving this challenge so much! I'm on the fifth generation so far, who is a teenager right now.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 2:57 PM
I'm so trying this challenge. It seems really fun! Thanks for creating it.
i was wondering if I could translate it to Spanish to post in a forum, giving you the proper credit for its creation, of course.
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#128 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:00 PM
i completed the challenge but i changed it a little bit for my own use. i couldn't make sense of being stranded/otherwise stuck to this weird lil island and then leaving to meet someone and willingly come back so i made my sims marry the lowly paparazzi who would appear on the island. other strandees! who knows how they got there, we only know they're stuck there now. true fate. anyway, my sims had one child each generation until the last. i gave deidra the fertility treatment and she had one girl and then twins later, one of each sex. after the fifth generation (actually, in the teen/child stage), i decided to move all 8 sims (grandma, grandpa, mom, dad, daughter, twins) to a houseboat on isle paradiso. they sold all of the paintings and sculptures and fish and were able to afford a nice 2 bedroom one and now i'm trying to figure out where to go from there.
Test Subject
#129 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 12:47 PM
I started like 2 hours ago and she already went to university and got pregnant...
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 3:57 PM
I'm going to have a go at it as well, and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! I made it into a spiritual journey for my stranded Sim, Myoki.

Here's my first chapter:

1.1 Maebe, or Myoki

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Test Subject
#131 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 6:13 PM
So, just wondering...What about going into the future, same rules as UniversityEP Addition?
Test Subject
#132 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 8:02 PM
I'm going to try this, it seems awesome
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#133 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by themightypoog
So, just wondering...What about going into the future, same rules as UniversityEP Addition?

Rules for future travel is stated in the first post and if you're strictly following my rules it says: "Your sims may never during the course of the challenge travel to the future."

I did it this way since future, unlike university or travel, is a semi-permanent place to stay and your sims are not supposed to live anywhere else than on the island.

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Test Subject
#134 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 9:22 PM
The link for the base game version of the island is broken. :S
Test Subject
#135 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Is there a way to do that in game in a world (like the Midnight Sun Isle) that doesn't have a City Hall?

u can use a computer
Test Subject
#136 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 10:42 PM
Umm....
Did anyone else have a horse that did this on the island?

Please explain! Suoer confused! Could it be the world, a mod, or something totally different?

BTW... Awesome challenge! Just started it and I love it.
Test Subject
#137 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 2:41 AM
What about marrying imaginary friends?
Test Subject
#138 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 9:29 PM Last edited by taratownie : 8th Apr 2014 at 10:24 PM.
Thanks for the fun challenge! I figured out how to build a free temporary shelter using two half gable roofs, it's an eyesore for sure but hey it's free and great for the first days in the sun.

First go to build mode, select roofs and turn autoroof off.

Select half gable roof and make 6*3 roof.

Then create another 6*6 half gable roof on top of another roof.

And congrats now you have a free 6*3 shelter that is recognized by game as a room.

Go ahead paint it as you wish, it's all free because technically it's all roof. I used free wooden floor as well.

Here is my sim sleeping happily during his first night on the island. (The Culinary Librarian LTW wasn't one of my brightest ideas )

If you don't know what you're doing I suggest you to use the roof sizes I did. If you want to try building a shelter of different size the first roof needs to be x*3 and the the another roof x*3+y where x=length of the room and y=width of the room.

Note: Please leave the roof angle slider to the default position otherwise this might not work for you.
Test Subject
#139 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:20 PM
I don't have world adventures or university life, so when I start this challenge I'm going go into edit world and cheat in spouces and pretend that they swam from nearby islands or other shipwrecks.

Moved to Novellam.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:12 AM
I played this ages ago when I used to play TS3 - now that I've permanently switched back to The Sims 2 (much to the benefit of my bank balance, as I used to spend a fortune in the Store!) I think I'll give it a shot in The Sims 2 instead :-) Obviously I'll have to use a different island, but I think that the premise of the challenge could definitely work :-)
Test Subject
#141 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:05 PM
Started this challenge twice already have a blog and a LP on youtube. Think I may scrap the blog but the videos is fun.. No one is subscribing =[ New to LPs check it out if you widh and excuse my Noobieness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pcptYR6rbU
There is three parts uploading.. Uploading another one now! I promise the videops do get better. lol
Test Subject
#142 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 1:56 PM
Thanks!!! I am play right now and it is a lot of fun. I post some pictures right here. ty
http://manadarinarock.tumblr.com/ta...t-sun-challenge
Theorist
#143 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 3:52 PM
This is a fun challenge! I'm doing a YouTube series of own spin on this challenge using minasavenue's Duneoog island and a bit of an easier ruleset since it's the first challenge I've ever done. There's three videos up now with a fourth coming tomorrow.

Here's the first episode (there's annotations at the end to get to the next video): http://youtu.be/_wdbylW9IQM

Test Subject
#144 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 9:23 AM
with it doesn't work i have it in the map packages but in my game when i want to star the world ins't there please in what map do i have to put it?
Test Subject
#145 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
I wonder if there is some way to make the world not to spawn paparazzis, wild animals and such...

There is, on options

Instructor
#146 Old 7th May 2014 at 9:28 AM Last edited by MrsNervousSubject : 7th May 2014 at 9:49 AM.
I've recently started this challenge in Stefizzi's new world "Ink" - and I must admit I am loving it so far. I'm actually finding myself having a blast. It's allowing me explore features of expansion packs that I completely forgot even existed.
I'm posting about it over on my Simblr if anyone wants to check it out > here <.
I'm currently on generation one with my founder Ted Buckley

Buckley's Chance:
simply means "no chance in the world" or "it's as good as impossible". - an Australian vernacular phrase.

Here's a few pictures (to tempt you)!

Test Subject
#147 Old 9th May 2014 at 5:09 PM
I love this challenge so far!
I'm posting the story on tumblr, so you can follow this link to find it: http://bringdreams.tumblr.com/
The first post is a bit triggering for some (I won't be bringing up the topic again, maybe subtly but that's about it), and I'm not a good writer, so if I played it off badly I do apologize, I just didn't think the generic "my cruise ship crashed" was very realistic for the circumstances. So take caution in that, but I hope anyone who reads likes it, and thanks for the challenge idea!
Test Subject
#148 Old 17th May 2014 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toxi
I'm going to have a go at it as well, and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! I made it into a spiritual journey for my stranded Sim, Myoki.

Here's my first chapter:

1.1 Maebe, or Myoki

I read your story and I just love it! Great job!! Can't wait to read more! I think I'll try this challenge out myself. =D
Test Subject
#149 Old 19th May 2014 at 8:51 PM
this is such a cool challenge!!!!

ps can i have my sim be a mermaid?
Test Subject
#150 Old 23rd May 2014 at 11:46 PM
Hey :D
Recently I was looking some gameplays on Youtube, then I found this. But, I have some curiosity questions. and sorry if anyone has already asked these.

Participating in this challenge is strictly to post on youtube. If I want to be part of this (besides the rule I have read) what I have to make? Just leave a message here or someone will monitor or something my progress (???? haha). And last. I'm from Brazil, and I saw some brazilian gameplays making this too, but this challenge has any country permissions?

Sorry, I know these are really stupid questions. But like I said, I'm looking forward to make one of this... Well. Since this challenge ir all in english and in my The Sims 3 channel on youtube I do not make voice videos, just the clean gameplay, I think this would be another doubt, if this is really a problem.

And I think It's all...
Besides I wanna to congratulate the maker of this challenge. It's really interesting. I liked a lot...
Page 6 of 14