Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#126 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 9:21 PM
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (22, Part 2)

Yay! Part 2, part 2! I think this one is shorter than part 1, but still important! Part 1 got me a lot of comments, and I LOVED every single one of them. You all keep me writing!
Pleasae enjoy, comment, rate, thank, blah blah. Family tree link in my signature, blah blah. My e-mail is [email protected] blah, blah, blah. Onward!

BROKE

The Broke-Long family, young and old alike, were gathered at Beau and Allegra Broke’s house for little Dimitri's first birthday party. The young couple had already graduated, wed, and got busy having babies. Dimitri was their first and the whole family doted on him, excited for the first grandson in the family.
Brandi played with Dimitri, making faces at him. “He’s so sweet, Allegra! You and my son make some cute babies. I’m so happy he has your pretty emerald eyes!”

Allegra smiled proudly. “Thanks, Brandi!” No one who had ever known Allegra considered her the motherly type. Allegra herself never wanted children. Beau, however, desperately wanted kids so Allegra agreed. Once Dimitri was born, she fell in love. She was unable to imagine a world without the baby boy she so dutifully cared for and protected.
Brandi scowled internally at her daughter in law calling her by her first name. She wished Allegra would call her “Mom”, like Angela did.

Allegra handed Dimitri off to Benjamin to get something to eat while Brandi located her son for an important conversation.
“Oh hi, sweetie! I’m glad I found you. I was just telling Allegra what beautiful babies you two make.”
Beau laughed. “Thanks mom, I think so too. I love that little guy to death. Allegra too, of course.”
Brandi smiled. “I knew you would dear, you’re a family sim! So do you…think you’ll have anymore?” Also a family Sim, Brandi was hopeful she’d end up with more than the four grandchildren she already had.

Beau’s face lit up. “Oh Mom, I’d love to! Allegra though, she’s not really a kid person.”
Brandi frowned. “But she’s so good with little Dimitri!”
Beau nodded, a serious expression on his face. “I know; she loves him more than I can say. But I’m lucky I even convinced her to have one baby. I don’t think she’ll ever want anymore.”
Brandi threw her hands into the air. “Oh, that’s just crazy! Why, I had four children and I could have had double, no, triple that! Happily!”
Beau sighed. “I know Mom, I know. I’d love a houseful myself, but not everyone feels that way.”
Before Brandi could retort, Allegra called everyone over for cake.

The whole family crowded in the peach colored kitchen to sing and cheer for baby Dimitri. Allegra cradled her son and rocked him back and forth. He smiled up happily at his mother, vaguely aware of the celebration around him. After the candles were extinguished, Allegra threw Dimitri into the air as everyone waited in anticipation to see Dimitri in toddler form.

Allegra caught Dimitri while confetti rained down around the two of them. Dressed to impress, Dimitri smiled at his mother and all his guests while everyone let out a simultaneous “Awh”. Yes, Dimitri was cute and everyone knew it.

After the festivities ended and the guests returned to their respective homes, Beau took sleepy Dimitri to his room. “Now, you look very dashing in your baby tuxedo. You really know how to dress for a party. But, it’s bedtime and I hate to say it…jammy time!”
Dimitri giggled and spun into his pajamas as Beau tossed him in the air.

Beau walked towards the crib and Dimitri wrapped his chubby fists around his father’s neck. “No, Daddy! No bed!”
Beau’s heart melted and he hugged his son tightly. “I’m sorry, son. You have to sleep.” He pried Dimitri off his chest and sat him gently in his crib. He rubbed Dimitri’s cheek gingerly. “Goodnight, birthday boy. Daddy loves you.”

Dimitri felt the plush cribbing under his bottom and his eyelids immediately felt heavy. He tried to resist the inevitable sleep but was soon overcome, falling back onto his bed fast asleep. Beau tried to muffle his chuckle as he tucked the tot in, and kissed his one last time.

DREAMER

“Alright everyone, say, ‘old people’!” Lilith laughed at her joke as she clicked the camera. It was Cassandra and Darren’s anniversary party, and they requested a family picture. Eden laughed along with Lilith; the girls had a similar sense of humor as well as a feisty attitude. Since marrying Dirk, Eden and Lilith had been spending more time together and really getting along.

Eden sauntered off to the bathroom and Darren chuckled as well. “Very funny, Lilith. We may be old, but we can still pack a punch!” She winked at her father in law and went upstairs to put Liam to bed.
Cassandra, not paying attention to jokes or the party for that matter, pulled Darren aside. “Do you realize who we’re missing?!”
Darren looked around the room. “Umm…”

“Alex and Lucy didn’t show up!” Cassandra frowned while looking to her husband for explanation.
Darren chose his words carefully as to not upset his wife; this party was very important to her. “Well…did they say they would be here?”
Cassandra thought a moment. “Well…no…but, he’s my brother! Where could they be?!”

Darren gave his wife a look. “I don’t know, a honeymoon maybe?”
Cassandra snorted. “It’s a little late for that. Something must be wrong. You’re right. They didn’t even RSVP.”
Darren tried to sooth Cassandra. “Cassie, calm down. I’m sure they’re fine. Maybe they’re even on their way.”
Cassandra screwed up her face, not believing a word Darren said. “Destiny isn’t here either.”
Darren widened his eyes, surprised at his wife. “Did you really expect her to show up after your last conversation with her?”
Cassandra scowled and ran her hand through her hair, embarrassed. “No.”

Darren sighed. “You’re worrying too much. Please, just relax and try to celebrate with the people that are here. Okay?”
Cassandra let out a half sigh, half groan noise and threw up her hands in defeat. “Okay, I’ll try.”

Cassandra tried her best to let loose and have fun dancing with all her guests. Everyone laughed and boogied down until Darren called everyone in the kitchen for a toast.
They all crowded around as Darren passed out the champagne filled glasses. The kitchen grew silent while the guests waited for Darren to speak.

Darren cleared his throat. “To my beautiful wife, Cassandra, who has been planning this party since before we even met.” Everyone laughed; Cassandra blushed.
“Cassandra, after I lost Darleen…I never thought I’d love again. But then I met you, and you changed my world. You’re a wonderful step mother to my son and almost everyone else you meet in need of Mom. Your heart is so big; it astounds me. We all love you, and we’re all so grateful to have you in our lives.”

“Thank you, my dear, for putting love back into my world and making the last two decades some of the best of my life. I couldn’t have made it this far without you.” Darren lifted his glass into the air. “To Cassandra!” Everyone echoed Darren before they tipped back their glasses and drank to the women they knew and loved.

After a few more hours, the party ended and the guests went home. Satisfied with their golden anniversary, Darren and Cassandra hobbled up the stairs to retire to bed. Cassandra stopped in the bathroom to wash up. She called to Darren who was in the nearby bedroom as she felt the warm water trickle down her cheeks. “I think that ended up really well.”

Darren didn’t respond and Cassandra kept talking. “I mean, I was so worried at the beginning. My siblings didn’t show up and that really hurt. It still does but, I took your advice and just appreciated those who were there.” Cassandra smiled to herself. “I still have so much to learn from you. I don’t know what I’d do without you.” Still, Darren did not respond. Cassandra shut off the water. “What was that, sweetie? Sorry, I couldn’t hear you over the water.” Cassandra waited patiently for her husband’s voice until a terrified scream filled the air. Cassandra’s eyes went big and she froze in place. “Darren?” She called hopefully.

Cassandra threw open the bathroom door only to find the Grim Reaper standing with a cloud of smoke in her bedroom. Her stomach flopped and her heart skipped a beat as she saw the vile being talking to her husband. “No…”, she breathed quietly, unable to move.

Darren stared at the Reaper in amazement and terror, unable to break focus and assure Cassandra he would be alright. He was too far gone and shortly, faded away against the burgundy wall paint without a word.

Lilith heard the crying and scream, and rushed into the bedroom carrying Liam on her hip. “Is everything…” Before she could finish her sentence, her eyes locked with the urn on the floor. Cassandra stood in front of it, weeping. “Oh no…” she breathed and rushed over to Cassandra. She set Liam on the wood floor and kissed his cheek before putting her arm around Cassandra. Liam looked up at his grandmother curiously, wondering why she was so sad.

Neither of the women spoke, well aware of each others’ thoughts and feelings. Lilith simply rubbed Cassandra’s arm soothingly, letting her cry and grieve until no more salty tears could be shed.

TO BE CONTINUED
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 7:00 AM
While Darren's passing was very sad (I cried) the story of Darren and Cassandra is my favorite. I loved seeing Cassandra happy. Too many Sim writers turn Cassandra into a mean, bitter, soul.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 11:10 AM
Awww! Poor Cass! RIP Darren!

About Allegra, TBH, she doesn't seem to be so motherly. I think one kid is enough for her. Trust me, you should consider just stopping at one for this couple. To me, it seems like your neighborhood is filling up too fast.

Just be careful and keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.

About Allegra, TBH, she doesn't seem to be so motherly. I think one kid is enough for her. Trust me, you should consider just stopping at one for this couple. To me, it seems like your neighborhood is filling up too fast.

I have to agree about Allegra. Some mum do better with just one child.

The best revenage is a well lived life.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elanna
While Darren's passing was very sad (I cried) the story of Darren and Cassandra is my favorite. I loved seeing Cassandra happy. Too many Sim writers turn Cassandra into a mean, bitter, soul.

Hey elanna! Thanks so much for commenting. Sorry I made you cry! But then again, it means a lot that my writing can move people to tears. I'm glad you appreciate Cassandra's character. I've always liked her, and don't like giving her a life that turns her bitter. Thanks again!

Allegra really isn't motherly, but she does a good job with Dimitri. Beau is a family Sim so they at least needed ONE. You're totally right though, my neighborhood is getting big. I have realized that and anticipated it when I started this. I don't want too many characters, so a lot of the families will probably stick with one child. Which is hard for me because I love babies lol. Thanks for commenting!
Mad Poster
#131 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hmrnd3
Allegra really isn't motherly, but she does a good job with Dimitri. Beau is a family Sim so they at least needed ONE. You're totally right though, my neighborhood is getting big. I have realized that and anticipated it when I started this. I don't want too many characters, so a lot of the families will probably stick with one child. Which is hard for me because I love babies lol. Thanks for commenting!

Or, you could set the limit to two kids only for family sims, but other families, specifically those without the Family aspiration may have to only have one child. I find having two kids for a Family sim is the best middle-ground solution.

Oh well, don't let me tell you what to do, its your story and its great as always!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#132 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 9:13 PM
Or, you could set the limit to two kids only for family sims, but other families, specifically those without the Family aspiration may have to only have one child. I find having two kids for a Family sim is the best middle-ground solution.

Oh well, don't let me tell you what to do, its your story and its great as always!

Yeah, two kids is a good number. I'm probably going to stick to one kid per family. Unless their LTW requests 3 or 6, or if the story line calls for more. Thanks though! I always appreciate input
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#133 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 4:55 AM
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (23)

Taa daa! The much awaited, highly anticipated chapter 23. I know this out a teensy bit late. I've had the pictures taken for a while...I was just suffering from intense laziness...sorry. But now, you can enjoy!
I love comments, thanks, ratings, oh my! Feel free to message me in a PM or at [email protected]. Also check the neato sweeto family tree in my signature. Adios!

LOTHARIO

Kaylynn and Don Lothario gathered in their green kitchen to celebrate Carmen’s birthday. Their youngest child was on her way to becoming a teenager, and the elderly couple felt bittersweet about their parenting days coming to an end. Carmen cocked her head to the side as she deliberated on a good birthday wish. When she finally realized what she wanted, she smiled and blew out her pink candles. Kaylynn and Don cheered and waited for their baby girl to age.

Carmen wobbled until she finally shot up into her teenage body. She admired her new figure and smiled, happy with the results. Don watched with horror as his little girl turned into a woman; he did not like what he saw. He hadn’t been around for Letti’s birthdays, so the protective fatherly feeling was new to him. “Carmen! You need to pull down that shirt or pull up that skirt! I can see your midriff. Actually…don’t pull up that skirt. It’s already far too short.”
Kaylynn shot her husband a look. “Don! Leave the girl alone!”

Carmen laughed and helped herself to a slice of cake. “Relax, Dad. I’ll change for school tomorrow.”
Don frowned uncomfortably. “You better. I know better than anyone how men can be. You can’t leave the house looking like that!” Kaylynn narrowed her eyes at her husband, wishing he would back off. Don, however, wasn’t taking any chances in keeping his daughters safe. After all his years of absence, Letti ended up pregnant and unmarried.

Letti, in fact, had been staying with her father since graduation. She spent most of her time reclining on Don’s bed, balancing books on her big pregnant belly. She read, moped, and read some more. After she missed Carmen’s birthday celebration, Don decided he’d better have a talk with his eldest daughter. When Carmen left for school the next morning, Don hiked up his steep stairs only to find Letti’s nose buried in another novel. He smiled warmly. “Good morning, princess. How are you and baby?”
Letti didn’t look up. “Hi. Everything’s fine.”

Don didn’t take Letti’s coldness personally. He knew how down she felt. “We really missed you at Carmen’s birthday. Everything okay?”
Letti sighed, closed her book, and swung herself on the edge of the bed. “I know. I’m sorry. I just don’t like people seeing me…this way.”
Don quirked an eyebrow. “What? Pregnant?" Letti hung her head and nodded. Don sighed. “Letti, there’s nothing to be ashamed about. People have babies all the time.”

Letti stood to face her father, frowning. “Yes but not from drunken nights with people they don’t love. People they can’t even tolerate for that matter.”
Don could see tears welling up in his daughter’s eyes. “Oh Letti, please cheer up. I hate to see you this way. Everyone makes mistakes, but this baby is here for a reason. It’s not all bad. Trust me, having unplanned children isn’t the worst thing that can happen to you. I have four of them! They are the best things that ever happened to me.”

A smile spread on Letti’s face and she let a loose a little laugh, realizing she in fact was an unplanned child just like the one growing inside of her. “Thanks, dad. I guess you’re right.”
Don smiled. “That’s my girl. I love you, darling. And I know you’ll love this baby as much as I love you.”
Letti nodded determinedly. “This baby is mine just as much as it is Martin’s.” She paused, then sighed as her face fell flat again. “I just…I’m ashamed. And worried. I’m turning out just like my mother. One night stands, having illegitimate children. I didn’t want this for myself, or any of my children. I don’t want to be that kind of mother.”

Don nodded. “I understand. I love your mother, but we made many mistakes." Letti was suprised to hear her father say he loved her mother. That was much different than the story Nina had spun to her daughter. Don continued. "But that’s not really who you are. There’s still time to learn from our mistakes, my love. It’ll all be alright.” Don pulled his daughter into a hug and kissed her hair while rubbing her back. He paused, and whispered into her ear. “You have a visitor downstairs.”

Curious, Letti waddled down the stairs and into the living room. She opened the big front door and found Martin standing outside. He wore paint stained overalls and had a timid grin on his face. Her heart dropped. “Martin? What are you doing here?”
He smiled humbly. “Hi, Letti. I just…” his eyes fell to her swollen stomach. “Wow. You look great. How are you feeling?”
Letti folded her arms over her belly, embarrassed. “Fine, thank you.”
Martin grew nervous. “Well uhm, I was wondering if you’d…come with me. I want to show you something. It’s really important.”

Letti started to say no, but stopped herself. She couldn’t push Martin away forever. Whether she loved him or hated him, they were having a baby together. Letti nodded in agreeance and soon found herself climbing into Martin’s car, driving down the road. After several minutes, Martin stopped the vehicle. “We’re here.” The pair climbed out and shut the car doors with a slam. Letti looked around, not recognizing her surroundings. “Martin, where are we?”
Martin smiled shyly. “This is my house.”

Letti looked up at a big, white house. It had beautiful, dark wood windows with bright white shutters. She looked it up and down, confused. “What happened to the little trailer you were living in with your brother?”
Martin chuckled. “I sold the trailer. This is the same property. Joshua and I built this house from the ground up.”
Letti was wide eyed with amazement. “This is amazing, Martin! I didn’t know you knew anything about architecture.”

Martin beamed. “I don’t. Well, didn’t. But I’m glad you like it. You do like it, don’t you?”
Letti nodded, smiling. “It’s beautiful.”
Martin took Letti’s hand gingerly. She flinched at first, then let him take it. His palm felt warm and soft in hers. “Can I show you around inside?”
Letti’s discomfort faded; she smiled at Martin. “Sure.”

They walked into the house. Martin placed his hands proudly on his sides and smiled. “This is the living room. Nice and spacious, with a back door that goes out to the deck. There’s two full bathrooms on this floor. Those are the only rooms without hardwood floors.”
“Wow, Martin”, Letti breathed “It’s wonderful.” Her voice echoed in the big empty room. She could smell the fresh paint and the polished wood floors.
He smiled, almost looking as if he was holding in laughter. “Go check out the kitchen.” He nodded towards a nearby door way. “It’s right over there.”

Letti waddled into the kitchen. Dark wooden counter tops and cupboards, all new appliances. Wow. Martin has really outdone himself. This must have cost a fortune. A kick from inside Letti’s womb interrupted her thoughts. She flinched slightly and brought her hand to her stomach. The baby had been going wild since she stepped foot in the house. She rubbed her tummy soothingly and the baby settled. Something is different about this house, something special.

Martin walked in. “Is the baby moving?”
Letti dropped her hands from her stomach. “Just stopped. Sorry.”
Martin’s face fell slightly, disappointed he wouldn’t have a chance to feel his child. “Oh.”
Letti could see his hurt and tried to change the subject. “What are you going to do with this house, Martin? It’s huge. Well, huge for one person at least. Is Joshua living here too?”
His eyes darted from side to side nervously. “Uhm, come upstairs. I’ll show you.”

Martin helped Letti upstairs and led her into one of the two bedrooms. He motioned for her to open the door. She did, and found nothing in the room but a beautiful, antique baby crib against the far wall. The sight of it took her breath away; she finally understood the real purpose of the big, white house. “Oh Martin…”

Martin walked in front of Letti and fell to one knee, smiling up at her. “Letti, this house was built for a family. Not just me, and not for my brother, but for you and our baby. I brought you here in hopes you’d like it; I can see you do. I put so much love and work into it. I know I’m not your ideal man, but I’ve changed a lot since I’ve learned I’m going to be a father.”
Letti’s heart pounded in fear and excitement.

Martin pulled a black box from his smeared overalls and opened it, revealing a shiny, diamond engagement ring. “Letti Caliente, will you marry me?”
Letti gasped at the ring, unsure of what to do. Her hesitation made Martin worry. “I promise, I’ll do whatever it takes to make you and our baby happy. Anything.” Letti didn’t love Martin, but he did seem to be making quite an effort. He really did love her. Accepting the ring was a one way ticket to the family she always wanted. A married mother, an involved father, and a big house.

Before making her decision, the words of her father flashed in Letti's mind. "There’s still time to learn from our mistakes..." Letti smiled and nodded, slipping the ring onto her finger. “Yes, Martin. I will marry you.”
Martin smiled brightly and stood to hug his new fiancée. “Thank you for giving me a chance, Letti. I promise, I’ll make everything right.”
Letti smiled and hugged him back, hoping she made the right choice.

CALIENTE

The first snow fall of the year came on the day of Jane and Ricardo’s wedding. Jane looked out at all her shivering guests, happy they still came to the event despite the weather. The ceremony started, and everyone watched with tears in their eyes as the love birds said their vows.

Carmen Lothario, unbeknownst to her, sat next to her father’s old lover, Nina Caliente. Nina, Ricardo’s stand in Mother for the event, watched her nephew proudly. Don and Kaylynn sat across the aisle, Kaylynn trying to ignore Nina while wondering where Dina was. While Don secretly stole glances at Nina in her form fitting red dress, Cassandra Dreamer stole glances at Don, her old fiancée. Letti sat way in the back, avoiding her mother and hiding her big belly. Despite the family, a few old college and childhood friends looked on at Jane and Ricardo. The couple kissed and everyone applauded, momentarily forgetting their petty grievances.

After the ceremony, the wedding party gathered on Jane and Ricardo’s roof top deck for the reception. The newlyweds laughed at themselves as Ricardo stuffed Jane’s face with cake. Don and Kaylynn started hula dancing and soon everyone joined in. Despite the awkwardness of family clashing, everyone seemed to be having a good time.

The reception lasted well into the night. Despite the cold winter air, everyone continued partying. Refreshments were running low, and Nina volunteered to retrieve more snacks from her old kitchen. She made up a cheese platter and was then distracted by the grimy kitchen sink. Scrubbing away, Nina didn’t hear Don enter the kitchen behind her. He stopped and watched her. “Fancy seeing you here,” he said with a purr in his voice.

Nina was startled but hid it with a well mastered coolness. She didn’t have to turn around to know who was behind her; she’d recognize that voice anywhere. “What do you want, Don?”
Don chuckled. “I was just looking for the bathroom. This house is a lot different than I remember.”
Nina snorted. “A lot can change in 25 years.”

Don’s cheeky smile fell off his face. He looked at Nina longingly and with a voice barely above a whisper said, “Not that much has changed.”
Nina chuckled and shook her head. She stopped wiping down the sink and started to face him. “Oh come on, you’ve got to be kidding me.”
Don stared at Nina like a sad puppy. “What?”
Nina place her hands on her hips firmly. “Are you trying to hit on me? At your son’s wedding. With your wife in the next room.”
Don smirked. “Oh don’t pretend like you don’t still have feelings for me, Nina. It may have been 25 years but I can tell there's still heat between us. I felt it the moment I laid eyes on you tonight. You look ravishing. It’s been a long time…but what we had was special.”

Nina laughed almost hysterically. “Special?! Don, all we did was sleep around. We were friends with benefits, two romance Sims with many, many lovers.”
Don nodded. “That’s why we worked so well. We had the same interests.”
Nina grew angry. “Stop it. You don’t know what you’re talking about.”
Don protested. “Oh c’mon. You were always my favorite, Nina. Out of all the girls, you were the best. Not just in bed. Didn’t you know that? Don’t you wanna find out if we’ve still got something?”

Nina stared at Don, coldly and blankly. “Go to hell, Don. You’re a pathetic excuse for a husband, father, and man. You’ve got all your kids convinced you’re some kind of hero after all you’ve done is ruin people’s lives, including theirs. You ruined my sister’s too. She loved you more than anyone, and now she’s so delusional she couldn’t even attend her own son’s wedding. Not to mention you’ve taken my daughter from me. The daughter I raised and sacrificed for. She hates me and runs to your arms and I hate you for that. I never want to see you again. Get the hell out of this kitchen.”
Don hung his head, unsure of what to say. He walked out of the kitchen slowly, dejected, leaving Nina alone with buzzing thoughts and pumping adrenaline.

GOTH

Lucy looked down at her husband’s descended stomach. “How…what…” Her mind was drawing a blank.
Alex cleared his throat. “The best I can figure is that I have been implanted with an alien fetus by the aliens who abducted me last night.”
Lucy looked up at Alex, suddenly believing that he was truly abducted. “That’s possible?”
Alex rested his hands behind him, pushing out his tummy. “Apparently. Go on, have a listen.”

Unsure, Lucy slowly and carefully bent down next to Alex’s belly. She cupped her hand around her ear and listened intently. All sorts of odd gurgles an unidentifiable noises emitted from Alex’s middle. Lucy’s eyes went wide and she placed her hands on her husband’s stomach. Alex saw Lucy’s surprise. “Pretty cool, huh?”
Lucy beamed up at Alex, smiling happily.“There’s really a baby in there!”
Alex chuckled. “Well, I don’t know about a baby.”

Lucy took a step back and cocked her head to the side. “What do you mean?”
Alex crossed his arms. “Lucy, it’s an alien. We have no idea what it looks like or how it will behave. It could be dangerous, to me and others. I was planning on heading to the hospital after this talk to have it removed. That way the media will be alerted and my family's name cleared.”
Lucy balked, her motherly instincts kicking in. “Removed?!"

Alex raised his eyebrows at his wife. “Yes, Lucy. It has be removed. Did you not hear what I said? This proves everything! My life's work is complete!”
Lucy wrinkled her nose and crossed her arms. “That’ll kill it.”
“Well, maybe not. It seems to be growing rather quickly. It’s possibly the gestation period will end rather shortly.” Alex shook his head. “That isn’t the point. My work is done. It may be better off dead now. It is a potential danger to me, you, anyone it comes in contact with.”
Lucy continued scoffing and frowning without saying a word.
Alex laughed. “Oh c’mon, Lucy. You are joking, correct?”

Lucy shook her head. “I don’t like this.”
Alex was appalled. “Lucy this thing could tear me open when it is ready to be born! I could die! Then you’re locked in the house with a vicious alien!”
Lucy paused for a moment and looked at her shoes. “We wanted a baby, Alex. We can’t make one, so we were given one. This is what we’ve been wanting. Besides, I don’t think it’s vicious.”

Alex thought and thought, not knowing what to say. He gave up, throwing up his hands. “Fine. Fine! But if it murders me, it’s your fault.”
Lucy’s face glowed as she smiled in excitement. “Oh, Alex! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just know this baby is going to be perfect!”
Alex snorted. “Yeah. Whatever. I’m only agreeing to this for research. I don’t want to risk the hospital or military taking the fetus and making me out to be crazy.”
Lucy smirked. “Yeah sure, okay Alex.”
Suddenly, a strange smell filled the air. Alex sniffed. “Is something...burning?”
Lucy thought a moment until she realized what the smell was. “My pie!”, she exclaimed.

Lucy whipped around and snatched her blackened dessert out of the oven. Clouds of dark smoke filled the kitchen. Lucy sighed as she mourned her berry pie. Maybe I can’t handle an alien baby.

For the next few days, the Goths hid out in their home while Alex’s belly grew. Not wanting to risk being seen and questioned, the couple missed quite a few important family events. It was worth it, to Lucy, for the sake of the baby.

Eventually, the time came for Alex to go into labor. He felt strange, painful sensations in his abdomen and immediately began to holler. He gripped his stomach and swayed back and forth. “Lucy! Something is wrong!”
Alex threw back his head and screamed just as Lucy walked in. “Breathe Alex, just breathe! It’ll be over soon!”
Alex was panicked. “It’s tearing me apart! Just like I said! This is all your fault!”
Lucy began to worry, perhaps the baby was dangerous. “Don’t worry Alex! Childbirth hurts for women too!”

Before Alex could holler anymore, the baby was born. Alexander found himself holding a black eyed, green skinned infant. Alex looked into her eyes. “Remarkable!” The sight of his daughter took his breath away and he was instantly filled with nothing but love for the tiny creature. As she nuzzled calmly into his arm, he quickly realized the baby was neither vicious nor dangerous.

Lucy scurried over to come see her daughter. “She’s beautiful!”
Alex beamed, in utter shock. “It’s a miracle!”
Lucy played with the baby. “Hi there, precious! Hello there, Alba!”
A puzzled look spread across Alex’s face. “Alba?”

Lucy scooped up the baby and kissed her bald head. “Yes. Alba. That’s what we’re naming her.”
Alex watched his wife cuddle his alien daughter. “She’s really ours then. You were right.” He rubbed his head, mind still reeling in suprise.

The couple stayed silent, watching their new baby curiously. Lucy grew worried. “This isn't good. Nobody will understand, Alex. We’ve got to protect her.”
Alex nodded. “I've been thinking the same thing. t’s not safe for her here, or us. She’ll be taken, poked and prodded.”
Lucy’s eyes filled with tears. “We’ve got to get out of here. I’ve been doing some research...there’s a town down south where they see a lot of this.”
Alexander’s eyes went wide. “You mean I’m not the first to experience alien impregnation?”
Lucy nodded, bouncing Alba. “Not according to my research. It’s highly guarded by scientists and the military. Most of my findings were based on conspiracy theories.”
Alex pursed his lips and thought to himself a moment. “It’s worth a shot. We’ll leave in the morning. Where exactly are we off to?”
Lucy paused, thinking about all the friends and family she was about to leave behind. We have to. For Alba. She looked Alex in the eyes earnestly. “A place called Strangetown.”

TO BE CONTINUED
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 2:55 PM
Le gasp!

I hope this isn't the last we hear from Alex & Lucy,
Mad Poster
#135 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JayKenz
Le gasp!

I hope this isn't the last we hear from Alex & Lucy,

Yeah, and I do hope that Lucy does get pregnant. :D
#136 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:46 AM
I just read all 23 chapters today. Overall I really liked it, had a good pace to it flow wise concerning plot progression. Though that comes with a price because then character immersion and growth is stunted or sacrificed. Which is dismaying to me because the characters are written real enough emotion wise that I'm drawn into them but left unsatisfied that I didn't know them better. For example: the Coral/Lilith relationship was over before it even really began(Coral has regrets about it but no follow through before her death?), and Dina's descent into mental illness seemed more forced as a extremely good plot twist but not really buy-able because of the suddenness of it and no proper foreshadowing/timeline to it. Some pairings were obvious from the outset (And frankly required in semi canon ways if strictly following the preset storyline) and some really unexpected (Beau Broke and Allegra Gorey?!?! that was a shocker). I like that I'm more invested in the newer generations then the pre-made generation because you've done a fantastic job with pulling us into their personalities and emotions Ricardo and Gideon are my favorites so far). Really hope to see more.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#137 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
I just read all 23 chapters today. Overall I really liked it, had a good pace to it flow wise concerning plot progression. Though that comes with a price because then character immersion and growth is stunted or sacrificed. Which is dismaying to me because the characters are written real enough emotion wise that I'm drawn into them but left unsatisfied that I didn't know them better. For example: the Coral/Lilith relationship was over before it even really began(Coral has regrets about it but no follow through before her death?), and Dina's descent into mental illness seemed more forced as a extremely good plot twist but not really buy-able because of the suddenness of it and no proper foreshadowing/timeline to it. Some pairings were obvious from the outset (And frankly required in semi canon ways if strictly following the preset storyline) and some really unexpected (Beau Broke and Allegra Gorey?!?! that was a shocker). I like that I'm more invested in the newer generations then the pre-made generation because you've done a fantastic job with pulling us into their personalities and emotions Ricardo and Gideon are my favorites so far). Really hope to see more.

Hey SingleClawDesigns! Thanks for taking the time to read all the chapters and then leave me such a wonderful comment with a through critique. I really appreciate it.
It makes me really happy to read you are more invested in the newer generations than the previous. That means a lot to me as a writer who's trying to develop likeable characters.
I'm sorry you are unsatisfied with lack of depth in some of the characters' stories. When you write a story with SO many of them, you've gotta pick and choose on what and who deserves screen time so to speak. I never considered Coral a big character, and find it interesting you were invested in the relationship between her and Lilith. I wasn't too worried about resolving things with her, because it wasn't crucial to the main plot. Unfortunately, that's how real life works sometimes. People die with unresolved feelings and such. But, I will take note of this and try to be thorough with all the plot points. And not forget the B characters!
I tried to make the events leading up to Dina's schizophrenia onset plentiful. Such as her burning Ricardo's paintings and forgetting who Gideon was. Then before that, how she neglected Gideon and cheated her way into Mortimer's money. I'm not a psychology expert; perhaps those events were too subtle or not of someone with schizophrenia.
Anyways, thanks again for the great comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. You will most definitely see more of this story!
Test Subject
#138 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 12:00 AM
Ahh way to much to comment on. I'll just pick my top moments which made me go whaaaaaaaaaaa?!
1. Martin and Letti. Ugh. I think he just looks unattractive, that's why I don't warm to him. At all. I feel so sorry for Letti, she feels she has to marry him for the baby? She should just be a single mum and be BETTER than Nina.
2. NOOOOOOOOOOOO DON! I thought you had chaaaaaaaaaaanged Can't believe he tried it on with Nina, but good on her for turning him down!
3. How could Alex want to terminate their baby? Sad times but I love the name Alba. Reminds me of Time Travellers Wife
4. How could I forget... Poor Cass, Darren has gone I really liked them as a couple, I thought they played off each other well Wonder how she'll cope now, I guess she has Lilith and Dirk though to keep her company
Sorry I didn't comment on the last chapter, now I'm back at university, so it's been a bit hectic.
Looking forward to the next chapter!

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
#139 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 11:32 PM
As a major fan of the soap genre I can totally understand that when you have that many characters and storylines some will be back burnered for the more interesting ones. It's me being picky mostly because I could see a potential there and just like in a show, sometimes you don't always get why they go in the direction they do.

I mentioned the Lillth/Oldie relationship in particular because as I was reading I thought that her simply finding out that she did have family support would have changed her for the better much sooner. If I remember correctly Herb died first. Coral already had misgivings about her relationship with Lilith, with Herb being gone it would have made sense for her to want to reach out to Lilith even more. Would have tied up that plot thread neatly, then again another sub plot about the overdone "Lilith VS Family dynamic" may have been a potential road hazard. Instead you made Coral a huge impact on how Mary-Sue and Daniel deal with her death, their own misgivings about each other and wrote what I consider to be the best Mary-Sue/Daniel ending to date. So don't get me wrong I may be unsatisfied because I didn't get what I thought would happen, but it doesn't mean that I don't love the way you 360'ed it into something else entirely.

DIna Dina Dina. The thing about her is that canon wise she's so grounded into a particular personality set that a good majority of people can not or will not view her out of that context. Personally for me if I roll it around in my head enough I can easily see how you've written it actually works for her going crazy because I can picture how she would do it. Then again I can also view it as Dina being her same old self where she only destroyed the paintings to hide the secret of Bella based solely on the money involved. It was never about Gideon/Ricardo, or hiding the family secret. It was more about she couldn't stand to see her competition in any form. In the classic gold digger sense she got everything she wanted but still came out second best and she can't stand that. She may have wanted the best for Ricardo but by destroying the paintings it was still all about her and her insecurity about her status in life. Now to view it from the mentally ill perspective all she really had to do was destroy the Bella painting if it bugged her that much and leave the others alone. A mentally stable Dina would have seen that as the obvious choice . Why destroy his whole studio of work? She pushed him into painting so why all of a sudden flip out over a painting. Could it really have to do with the fact that the 3 men who meant the most in her life (Mortimer, Don and Ricardo) all seem to be connected to Bella in a deeper sense and she can't stand it?. She was not Mortimer or Don's first love, that would be Bella, and her own son can finish a portrait of a woman he never met?

So when you think about it unless people have a good amount of time to see her slowly deteriorating and process all the thoughts behind why she's getting to that unstable place they're not gonna view it as her being mentally ill because they have other plots to keep their attention as well (like for me I was too focused on Don getting to know his kids that Dina suddenly landing in the hospital took me by surprise because I sorta skimmed over that to get to the Don stuff) . It may have dragged out the story a bit; but Ricardo and Gideon are A characters so maybe a few flashbacks are in the works? (Because lets face I totally want to see a deranged DIna talking to herself while destroying her bedroom LOL)

One quick question (which is what I wanted to post in the first place and it's turned into all this rambling so my apologies) The strangetown foreshadowing means that we'll be getting a subhood version of Strangetown and even more characters on canvas, or is it just simply Alexander and Lucy going off screen? If it's the former I'm really gonna be on the edge of my seat in anticipation to see how you introduce/interpret some of those characters.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 9:47 AM
I just now read EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER. Dina is actually my favorite premade Sims character, so I feel awful for her(even though she's not really the "best" person).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#141 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 5:32 PM
PhoenixSpirit: I agree, Martin is really unattractive. Hopefully Letti's genes overpower his huge ears for their baby's sake. I don't care for him much either, but he's starting to grow on me. Letti wants to marry him to give her baby the life she never had. She knows she could be a great single mom, but she also knows from experience it's hard to grow up with a split family and not know who your father is. She wants to, like Don said, learn from their mistakes.
Oh Don. Disappointing everyone again I see Yeah, he did change some. He wasn't cheating on Kaylynn anymore. But that whole time was without Nina Caliente right in his face. Seeing her at Ricardo's wedding stirred him up, heat of the moment thing. Perhaps he'll realize what a fool he was being at the reception?
Alex, a man of science, didn't recognize the baby as a baby until she was born. He was afraid for his life, and didn't know if the baby would dangerous. Remember, Pleasantview has never seen any green skinned folks I love the name Alba too! And I did get it from Time Traveler’s Wife, haha!
I really like Darren too and was sad to see his death. It almost felt untimely, but he died naturally of old age. But yes, I think Cassandra will enjoy the remainder of her life being a good mom and grandma to her family.
Don't worry about not commenting on a chapter, lol! I figured you hadn't gone far Thanks for this comment though! I always look forward to reading your thoughts. Chapter 24 will be out in a few days I hope!

SingleClawDesigns: Wow, I love how deeply you've analyzed my characters. Even though are some aren't technically "mine" so to speak. I never really thought of doing much with Lilith and the Oldies. I only wrote about them because they are Mary-Sue's parents and I felt they deserved recognition at the least. I like your idea though, and I suppose I could have incorporated them more. It was hard also, because they were ready to die so early on in the story. I don't think Lilith would have changed much with her grandmother's support. They way I see Lilith, she was the type of a girl who liked to create problems. Her home life wasn't really that bad but she hated her parents for what they put her through. She wanted to be mad and them, and forced herself to be. She was a cranky teen and it has turned her into a bitter adult when it comes to her parents. Note she hasn't spoken with them since she moved out, mentioned nothing of her mother's death, and neither of her parents even know they have a grandson. I'm glad though, you like the direction I took things in, even if it's not what you were expecting
You're right; I suppose Dina's antics could be interpreted in many different ways. I like to think they were fueled by money in the beginning, but eventually that created a lot of problems she had to deal with. She truly does love Ricardo, just as much as she loves money. She wanted great wealth, she ended up with a baby, and then wanted wealth for herself and the baby. She wanted to live in the lap of luxury and then wanted the same glamour for her son. So, for somebody that's obsessed with money, that is love. Buying him the best and forcing him into private school. I hope that makes sense, haha. Eventually, all her deceit and stress combined with physiology led to the decline of her mental health.
Also, as a reader, you weren't supposed to see a lot of the nitty gritty with Dina at first. It was supposed to seem as if while Ricardo was away at college and dealing with his daddy issues, Gideon was stuck at home dutifully caring for mentally ill Dina. It's a sort of familial love triangle. Gideon loves Dina, Dina loves Ricardo, and Ricardo doesn't want much to do with either of them. So Gideon tried to prove his love by caring for her the best he could and not bothering anyone else. Then Ricardo remembers that Gideon even exists after meeting Lorenzo. Thus, queue crazy town. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, it was supposed to take you off guard a little. It was supposed to be like she was declining rapidly right under your nose and golden boy Gideon was dealing with it in secret out of love.
Now to the question after MY rambling, haha. I haven't decided 100% how I'm going to handle the Lucy and Alex situation. I have two possibilities I'm playing around with, but neither include them going off screen. That is all I'll say! ;D

Noeh: Hey Noeh! Thanks for reading all the chapters and dropping me a comment! I've always liked Dina too, and I'm glad I could evoke some emotion in you with my writing!
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:04 PM
So a couple of days ago I binge-read your entire story, but I have since not remembered many details of it anymore :P
I think the story is great and I bet it is a lot of hard work, so good job

I had a few things I wanted to say, but I really don't feel like organizing them into proper sentences or questions so I'm just gonna share some random thoughts I had while reading (random means they might not be in chronological order or even make much sense ) :

Don got married so young? I always thought he'd only go for marriage as an elder when he was sad and lonely.
Kaylyn is a terrible person for tricking Don into having their first baby because it should have happened with mutual consent. Not that Don hasn't done bad things himself while with her, but she was sly and deceptive. I guess they kinda deserve each other!
I like how the aging up and dying are portrayed exactly like they happen in-game, especially that the Sims' clothes change. But I wondered how nobody ever felt that was weird, although it would be the norm so nobody would question it :/
Compared to the 'parents' generation, the younger ones sure turned out to be way more faithful to their significant others! They also seem to be having happier lives so far.
Why does everyone keep getting married right after University? Doesn't anyone ever want to have a successful career before getting married? Does no one have commitment issues? Does no one want to take things slow and not rush into things?
Daniel really didn't do anything to get Mary-Sue back, ever ...
Too many babies!!!
If the purpose is "Eventually, I want to get down to a single sim that can trace his or her family tree to every family", then why is the cast of characters not narrowing down? Is an apocalyptic event coming up that will wipe out half of the population of Pleasantview?
Angela's girls are twins, just like she was. Does that mean Lilith's child is going to rebel against her as a teen?
Ricardo is Lothario and Caliente. Eden is Dreamer, Goth and Bachelor. Angela's daughters are Pleasant and Broke. I think this is where the 'Pleasantview Heir' is gonna come out of somehow :P
Alex had an alien baby and now he is moving? You're either getting rid of him for good, or he will be back soon (aka before Cassandra dies so he can clear his father's name!)

Well that's it
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hmrnd3

Taa daa! The much awaited, highly anticipated chapter 23. I know this out a teensy bit late. I've had the pictures taken for a while...I was just suffering from intense laziness...sorry. But now, you can enjoy!
I love comments, thanks, ratings, oh my! Feel free to message me in a PM or at [email protected]. Also check the neato sweeto family tree in my signature. Adios!

LOTHARIO

Kaylynn and Don Lothario gathered in their green kitchen to celebrate Carmen’s birthday. Their youngest child was on her way to becoming a teenager, and the elderly couple felt bittersweet about their parenting days coming to an end. Carmen cocked her head to the side as she deliberated on a good birthday wish. When she finally realized what she wanted, she smiled and blew out her pink candles. Kaylynn and Don cheered and waited for their baby girl to age.

Carmen wobbled until she finally shot up into her teenage body. She admired her new figure and smiled, happy with the results. Don watched with horror as his little girl turned into a woman; he did not like what he saw. He hadn’t been around for Letti’s birthdays, so the protective fatherly feeling was new to him. “Carmen! You need to pull down that shirt or pull up that skirt! I can see your midriff. Actually…don’t pull up that skirt. It’s already far too short.”
Kaylynn shot her husband a look. “Don! Leave the girl alone!”

Carmen laughed and helped herself to a slice of cake. “Relax, Dad. I’ll change for school tomorrow.”
Don frowned uncomfortably. “You better. I know better than anyone how men can be. You can’t leave the house looking like that!” Kaylynn narrowed her eyes at her husband, wishing he would back off. Don, however, wasn’t taking any chances in keeping his daughters safe. After all his years of absence, Letti ended up pregnant and unmarried.

Letti, in fact, had been staying with her father since graduation. She spent most of her time reclining on Don’s bed, balancing books on her big pregnant belly. She read, moped, and read some more. After she missed Carmen’s birthday celebration, Don decided he’d better have a talk with his eldest daughter. When Carmen left for school the next morning, Don hiked up his steep stairs only to find Letti’s nose buried in another novel. He smiled warmly. “Good morning, princess. How are you and baby?”
Letti didn’t look up. “Hi. Everything’s fine.”

Don didn’t take Letti’s coldness personally. He knew how down she felt. “We really missed you at Carmen’s birthday. Everything okay?”
Letti sighed, closed her book, and swung herself on the edge of the bed. “I know. I’m sorry. I just don’t like people seeing me…this way.”
Don quirked an eyebrow. “What? Pregnant?" Letti hung her head and nodded. Don sighed. “Letti, there’s nothing to be ashamed about. People have babies all the time.”

Letti stood to face her father, frowning. “Yes but not from drunken nights with people they don’t love. People they can’t even tolerate for that matter.”
Don could see tears welling up in his daughter’s eyes. “Oh Letti, please cheer up. I hate to see you this way. Everyone makes mistakes, but this baby is here for a reason. It’s not all bad. Trust me, having unplanned children isn’t the worst thing that can happen to you. I have four of them! They are the best things that ever happened to me.”

A smile spread on Letti’s face and she let a loose a little laugh, realizing she in fact was an unplanned child just like the one growing inside of her. “Thanks, dad. I guess you’re right.”
Don smiled. “That’s my girl. I love you, darling. And I know you’ll love this baby as much as I love you.”
Letti nodded determinedly. “This baby is mine just as much as it is Martin’s.” She paused, then sighed as her face fell flat again. “I just…I’m ashamed. And worried. I’m turning out just like my mother. One night stands, having illegitimate children. I didn’t want this for myself, or any of my children. I don’t want to be that kind of mother.”

Don nodded. “I understand. I love your mother, but we made many mistakes." Letti was suprised to hear her father say he loved her mother. That was much different than the story Nina had spun to her daughter. Don continued. "But that’s not really who you are. There’s still time to learn from our mistakes, my love. It’ll all be alright.” Don pulled his daughter into a hug and kissed her hair while rubbing her back. He paused, and whispered into her ear. “You have a visitor downstairs.”

Curious, Letti waddled down the stairs and into the living room. She opened the big front door and found Martin standing outside. He wore paint stained overalls and had a timid grin on his face. Her heart dropped. “Martin? What are you doing here?”
He smiled humbly. “Hi, Letti. I just…” his eyes fell to her swollen stomach. “Wow. You look great. How are you feeling?”
Letti folded her arms over her belly, embarrassed. “Fine, thank you.”
Martin grew nervous. “Well uhm, I was wondering if you’d…come with me. I want to show you something. It’s really important.”

Letti started to say no, but stopped herself. She couldn’t push Martin away forever. Whether she loved him or hated him, they were having a baby together. Letti nodded in agreeance and soon found herself climbing into Martin’s car, driving down the road. After several minutes, Martin stopped the vehicle. “We’re here.” The pair climbed out and shut the car doors with a slam. Letti looked around, not recognizing her surroundings. “Martin, where are we?”
Martin smiled shyly. “This is my house.”

Letti looked up at a big, white house. It had beautiful, dark wood windows with bright white shutters. She looked it up and down, confused. “What happened to the little trailer you were living in with your brother?”
Martin chuckled. “I sold the trailer. This is the same property. Joshua and I built this house from the ground up.”
Letti was wide eyed with amazement. “This is amazing, Martin! I didn’t know you knew anything about architecture.”

Martin beamed. “I don’t. Well, didn’t. But I’m glad you like it. You do like it, don’t you?”
Letti nodded, smiling. “It’s beautiful.”
Martin took Letti’s hand gingerly. She flinched at first, then let him take it. His palm felt warm and soft in hers. “Can I show you around inside?”
Letti’s discomfort faded; she smiled at Martin. “Sure.”

They walked into the house. Martin placed his hands proudly on his sides and smiled. “This is the living room. Nice and spacious, with a back door that goes out to the deck. There’s two full bathrooms on this floor. Those are the only rooms without hardwood floors.”
“Wow, Martin”, Letti breathed “It’s wonderful.” Her voice echoed in the big empty room. She could smell the fresh paint and the polished wood floors.
He smiled, almost looking as if he was holding in laughter. “Go check out the kitchen.” He nodded towards a nearby door way. “It’s right over there.”

Letti waddled into the kitchen. Dark wooden counter tops and cupboards, all new appliances. Wow. Martin has really outdone himself. This must have cost a fortune. A kick from inside Letti’s womb interrupted her thoughts. She flinched slightly and brought her hand to her stomach. The baby had been going wild since she stepped foot in the house. She rubbed her tummy soothingly and the baby settled. Something is different about this house, something special.

Martin walked in. “Is the baby moving?”
Letti dropped her hands from her stomach. “Just stopped. Sorry.”
Martin’s face fell slightly, disappointed he wouldn’t have a chance to feel his child. “Oh.”
Letti could see his hurt and tried to change the subject. “What are you going to do with this house, Martin? It’s huge. Well, huge for one person at least. Is Joshua living here too?”
His eyes darted from side to side nervously. “Uhm, come upstairs. I’ll show you.”

Martin helped Letti upstairs and led her into one of the two bedrooms. He motioned for her to open the door. She did, and found nothing in the room but a beautiful, antique baby crib against the far wall. The sight of it took her breath away; she finally understood the real purpose of the big, white house. “Oh Martin…”

Martin walked in front of Letti and fell to one knee, smiling up at her. “Letti, this house was built for a family. Not just me, and not for my brother, but for you and our baby. I brought you here in hopes you’d like it; I can see you do. I put so much love and work into it. I know I’m not your ideal man, but I’ve changed a lot since I’ve learned I’m going to be a father.”
Letti’s heart pounded in fear and excitement.

Martin pulled a black box from his smeared overalls and opened it, revealing a shiny, diamond engagement ring. “Letti Caliente, will you marry me?”
Letti gasped at the ring, unsure of what to do. Her hesitation made Martin worry. “I promise, I’ll do whatever it takes to make you and our baby happy. Anything.” Letti didn’t love Martin, but he did seem to be making quite an effort. He really did love her. Accepting the ring was a one way ticket to the family she always wanted. A married mother, an involved father, and a big house.

Before making her decision, the words of her father flashed in Letti's mind. "There’s still time to learn from our mistakes..." Letti smiled and nodded, slipping the ring onto her finger. “Yes, Martin. I will marry you.”
Martin smiled brightly and stood to hug his new fiancée. “Thank you for giving me a chance, Letti. I promise, I’ll make everything right.”
Letti smiled and hugged him back, hoping she made the right choice.

CALIENTE

The first snow fall of the year came on the day of Jane and Ricardo’s wedding. Jane looked out at all her shivering guests, happy they still came to the event despite the weather. The ceremony started, and everyone watched with tears in their eyes as the love birds said their vows.

Carmen Lothario, unbeknownst to her, sat next to her father’s old lover, Nina Caliente. Nina, Ricardo’s stand in Mother for the event, watched her nephew proudly. Don and Kaylynn sat across the aisle, Kaylynn trying to ignore Nina while wondering where Dina was. While Don secretly stole glances at Nina in her form fitting red dress, Cassandra Dreamer stole glances at Don, her old fiancée. Letti sat way in the back, avoiding her mother and hiding her big belly. Despite the family, a few old college and childhood friends looked on at Jane and Ricardo. The couple kissed and everyone applauded, momentarily forgetting their petty grievances.

After the ceremony, the wedding party gathered on Jane and Ricardo’s roof top deck for the reception. The newlyweds laughed at themselves as Ricardo stuffed Jane’s face with cake. Don and Kaylynn started hula dancing and soon everyone joined in. Despite the awkwardness of family clashing, everyone seemed to be having a good time.

The reception lasted well into the night. Despite the cold winter air, everyone continued partying. Refreshments were running low, and Nina volunteered to retrieve more snacks from her old kitchen. She made up a cheese platter and was then distracted by the grimy kitchen sink. Scrubbing away, Nina didn’t hear Don enter the kitchen behind her. He stopped and watched her. “Fancy seeing you here,” he said with a purr in his voice.

Nina was startled but hid it with a well mastered coolness. She didn’t have to turn around to know who was behind her; she’d recognize that voice anywhere. “What do you want, Don?”
Don chuckled. “I was just looking for the bathroom. This house is a lot different than I remember.”
Nina snorted. “A lot can change in 25 years.”

Don’s cheeky smile fell off his face. He looked at Nina longingly and with a voice barely above a whisper said, “Not that much has changed.”
Nina chuckled and shook her head. She stopped wiping down the sink and started to face him. “Oh come on, you’ve got to be kidding me.”
Don stared at Nina like a sad puppy. “What?”
Nina place her hands on her hips firmly. “Are you trying to hit on me? At your son’s wedding. With your wife in the next room.”
Don smirked. “Oh don’t pretend like you don’t still have feelings for me, Nina. It may have been 25 years but I can tell there's still heat between us. I felt it the moment I laid eyes on you tonight. You look ravishing. It’s been a long time…but what we had was special.”

Nina laughed almost hysterically. “Special?! Don, all we did was sleep around. We were friends with benefits, two romance Sims with many, many lovers.”
Don nodded. “That’s why we worked so well. We had the same interests.”
Nina grew angry. “Stop it. You don’t know what you’re talking about.”
Don protested. “Oh c’mon. You were always my favorite, Nina. Out of all the girls, you were the best. Not just in bed. Didn’t you know that? Don’t you wanna find out if we’ve still got something?”

Nina stared at Don, coldly and blankly. “Go to hell, Don. You’re a pathetic excuse for a husband, father, and man. You’ve got all your kids convinced you’re some kind of hero after all you’ve done is ruin people’s lives, including theirs. You ruined my sister’s too. She loved you more than anyone, and now she’s so delusional she couldn’t even attend her own son’s wedding. Not to mention you’ve taken my daughter from me. The daughter I raised and sacrificed for. She hates me and runs to your arms and I hate you for that. I never want to see you again. Get the hell out of this kitchen.”
Don hung his head, unsure of what to say. He walked out of the kitchen slowly, dejected, leaving Nina alone with buzzing thoughts and pumping adrenaline.

GOTH

Lucy looked down at her husband’s descended stomach. “How…what…” Her mind was drawing a blank.
Alex cleared his throat. “The best I can figure is that I have been implanted with an alien fetus by the aliens who abducted me last night.”
Lucy looked up at Alex, suddenly believing that he was truly abducted. “That’s possible?”
Alex rested his hands behind him, pushing out his tummy. “Apparently. Go on, have a listen.”

Unsure, Lucy slowly and carefully bent down next to Alex’s belly. She cupped her hand around her ear and listened intently. All sorts of odd gurgles an unidentifiable noises emitted from Alex’s middle. Lucy’s eyes went wide and she placed her hands on her husband’s stomach. Alex saw Lucy’s surprise. “Pretty cool, huh?”
Lucy beamed up at Alex, smiling happily.“There’s really a baby in there!”
Alex chuckled. “Well, I don’t know about a baby.”

Lucy took a step back and cocked her head to the side. “What do you mean?”
Alex crossed his arms. “Lucy, it’s an alien. We have no idea what it looks like or how it will behave. It could be dangerous, to me and others. I was planning on heading to the hospital after this talk to have it removed. That way the media will be alerted and my family's name cleared.”
Lucy balked, her motherly instincts kicking in. “Removed?!"

Alex raised his eyebrows at his wife. “Yes, Lucy. It has be removed. Did you not hear what I said? This proves everything! My life's work is complete!”
Lucy wrinkled her nose and crossed her arms. “That’ll kill it.”
“Well, maybe not. It seems to be growing rather quickly. It’s possibly the gestation period will end rather shortly.” Alex shook his head. “That isn’t the point. My work is done. It may be better off dead now. It is a potential danger to me, you, anyone it comes in contact with.”
Lucy continued scoffing and frowning without saying a word.
Alex laughed. “Oh c’mon, Lucy. You are joking, correct?”

Lucy shook her head. “I don’t like this.”
Alex was appalled. “Lucy this thing could tear me open when it is ready to be born! I could die! Then you’re locked in the house with a vicious alien!”
Lucy paused for a moment and looked at her shoes. “We wanted a baby, Alex. We can’t make one, so we were given one. This is what we’ve been wanting. Besides, I don’t think it’s vicious.”

Alex thought and thought, not knowing what to say. He gave up, throwing up his hands. “Fine. Fine! But if it murders me, it’s your fault.”
Lucy’s face glowed as she smiled in excitement. “Oh, Alex! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just know this baby is going to be perfect!”
Alex snorted. “Yeah. Whatever. I’m only agreeing to this for research. I don’t want to risk the hospital or military taking the fetus and making me out to be crazy.”
Lucy smirked. “Yeah sure, okay Alex.”
Suddenly, a strange smell filled the air. Alex sniffed. “Is something...burning?”
Lucy thought a moment until she realized what the smell was. “My pie!”, she exclaimed.

Lucy whipped around and snatched her blackened dessert out of the oven. Clouds of dark smoke filled the kitchen. Lucy sighed as she mourned her berry pie. Maybe I can’t handle an alien baby.

For the next few days, the Goths hid out in their home while Alex’s belly grew. Not wanting to risk being seen and questioned, the couple missed quite a few important family events. It was worth it, to Lucy, for the sake of the baby.

Eventually, the time came for Alex to go into labor. He felt strange, painful sensations in his abdomen and immediately began to holler. He gripped his stomach and swayed back and forth. “Lucy! Something is wrong!”
Alex threw back his head and screamed just as Lucy walked in. “Breathe Alex, just breathe! It’ll be over soon!”
Alex was panicked. “It’s tearing me apart! Just like I said! This is all your fault!”
Lucy began to worry, perhaps the baby was dangerous. “Don’t worry Alex! Childbirth hurts for women too!”

Before Alex could holler anymore, the baby was born. Alexander found himself holding a black eyed, green skinned infant. Alex looked into her eyes. “Remarkable!” The sight of his daughter took his breath away and he was instantly filled with nothing but love for the tiny creature. As she nuzzled calmly into his arm, he quickly realized the baby was neither vicious nor dangerous.

Lucy scurried over to come see her daughter. “She’s beautiful!”
Alex beamed, in utter shock. “It’s a miracle!”
Lucy played with the baby. “Hi there, precious! Hello there, Alba!”
A puzzled look spread across Alex’s face. “Alba?”

Lucy scooped up the baby and kissed her bald head. “Yes. Alba. That’s what we’re naming her.”
Alex watched his wife cuddle his alien daughter. “She’s really ours then. You were right.” He rubbed his head, mind still reeling in suprise.

The couple stayed silent, watching their new baby curiously. Lucy grew worried. “This isn't good. Nobody will understand, Alex. We’ve got to protect her.”
Alex nodded. “I've been thinking the same thing. t’s not safe for her here, or us. She’ll be taken, poked and prodded.”
Lucy’s eyes filled with tears. “We’ve got to get out of here. I’ve been doing some research...there’s a town down south where they see a lot of this.”
Alexander’s eyes went wide. “You mean I’m not the first to experience alien impregnation?”
Lucy nodded, bouncing Alba. “Not according to my research. It’s highly guarded by scientists and the military. Most of my findings were based on conspiracy theories.”
Alex pursed his lips and thought to himself a moment. “It’s worth a shot. We’ll leave in the morning. Where exactly are we off to?”
Lucy paused, thinking about all the friends and family she was about to leave behind. We have to. For Alba. She looked Alex in the eyes earnestly. “A place called Strangetown.”

TO BE CONTINUED

I love the idea of Alexander and Lucy moving to Strangetown. Great opening for a new story. Though, when playing Lucy and Alexander, I never marry them to each other. But I love their love story. Don Lothario? Can't stand the man. Having "Don" as a dad (who wasn't there) I really have no respect for the man. Three cheers to Nina on how she handled that zero.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#144 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 9:12 PM
Blue77: Hey! Thanks for reading my story. I am a fan of yours so it means a lot you took the time to check mine out. I'm glad you think it's great. Yes, it is a lot of work! Here's some replies to your comments.
Don only married Kaylynn (at first) because he needed money to help pay child support. But yes, she is tricky so I guess you can say she got him back.
I'm glad you like how I keep aging the way it is in game. I like my story to be a mix of Sim culture and real life. I want it to be realistic (to a degree) but I don't want to give the impression that I'm trying to write as if this is story takes place in our world. It IS a Sim story and I want it to keep that element.
You're right. Mostly everyone gets married pretty quickly after college. I don't know why. I guess because it keeps the story moving. They can all have successful careers and such while being married.
I'm not narrowing down the characters yet, but eventually I will. The more characters I have, the quicker joining all the families will be. Once all the families are connected then I can start narrowing it down. Plus, I think the story would be pretty boring if there were no original characters/nobody was having babies. If people were just growing old and passing away.
Angela having twins was not planned. I only wanted her to have two children, but oh well. I don't have any plans of Liam rebelling against Lilith, but we'll see
I'm not getting rid of Alex and Lucy. What's happened to them will surface within the next two chapters! Thanks for the comment!

elanna: Well elanna, I think you win the award for longest comment! Lol I'm glad you like that Alex and Lucy are moving to Strangetown. I'm excited for it too! Although, I'm not too familiar with the original Strangetown inhabitants, so I'll have to do some background research.
I love Alex and Lucy together too. I've never paired them up before now, but I think they make a really sweet couple.
I don't know why, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Don Lothario. Perhaps its because he always fathers such beautiful children? He does need a swift kick in the arse though, and you're right, Nina was happy to give it to him!
Mad Poster
#145 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 10:08 PM
hmrnd3, will Lucy ever get pregnant? I mean, come on, we're talking about the Goth's here! The Family name must go on! That's how its been ever since. :P

*Sorry if I seem pushy or anything, but I like these two the most!*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#146 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 11:15 PM
hmrnd3, will Lucy ever get pregnant? I mean, come on, we're talking about the Goth's here! The Family name must go on! That's how its been ever since. :P

*Sorry if I seem pushy or anything, but I like these two the most!*

Hmmm...will Lucy ever get pregnant? Everyone is worrying about that, lol! You're right, we are talking about the Goths. And it would make sense they'd want to carry on the family name. But, Gideon could always carry on the family name. That is, if he ever finds a lady his isn't somehow related to.
Then again, Lucy is a family Sim and she always gets her way. Hmm...I wonder...

Only time will tell! Sorry for having to be ornery ;D And don't worry, you're not pushy. I love comments!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#147 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 6:39 AM
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (24)

Greetings all! Thanks for clicking; I hope you enjoy. Sorry that this chapter took a while. School keeps me busy, unfortunately. Plus there's been a lot of birthdays in my family lately. Yadda yadda.
Anyways, I've been totally digging everyone's comments. I love watching people analyze my plot and characters. If you're ever confused by the family ties, feel free to check out the interactive family tree I have created for ya'll. There's a link in my signature. Also feel free to PM or email me at [email protected] (if you're reading this and do not have a MTS account). I appreciate any and all ratings, comments, and thank yous! So, without further delay...

SIM STATE UNIVERSITY

It was party time at Sim State university; graduation party time. The Pinenut Plaza dorms were filled with music and balloons for a triple graduation celebration. Destiny Goth, Felix Pleasant, and Henry Broke had taken their final exams and were well on their way to careers and families. In the middle of the party, Felix decided to make a spectacle of himself and his new girlfriend Eden by surprise proposing. Nobody payed much mind to the show, well aware of Felix’s recent betrayal to Destiny. Destiny, however, looked on sorrowfully while watching her niece and best friend accept the proposal of her ex boyfriend.

They hugged and kissed while Destiny stormed off to the cafeteria for a drink. I don’t need a man. I don’t need Eden. It’s just me now. I don’t care. I do not care. She replayed the self empowering message again and again in her head while watching the red cup fill with fizzy purple drink. Her eyes filled with hot tears as she tried to convince herself it didn’t hurt. She chugged down the juice, not stopping for air. Just get through this party, then you never have to see any of these people again.
She downed the last of the juice and looked grimly into the bottom of the empty cup. Before she could fill it up again, a voice from behind her faintly said, “Well hello there, Cinderella.”

Startled, Destiny dropped her plastic cup and spun on her heels only to see the mysterious young man from the park. His eyes twinkled slyly as hers lit up and her smiled widened. “Hey! It's you!” She said loudly, not knowing what else to say. The pair looked at each other with excitement and bewilderment, trying to find the right words. “Uh…what are you doing here?!”
Lorenzo laughed. “Well I’m graduating today; I’m the only one left in my house. Word on the street is that the Pinenut Plaza dorms are throwing a huge grad party. Rather than sitting around home alone I figured I’d come check it out. Little did I know I’d see you here.”

Destiny smiled brightly. “Well I’m certainly glad you did. This party has been a drag so far. There’s just three of us leaving. Me, my ex, and a friend of mine.”
Lorenzo chuckled. “Your ex?”
Destiny nodded. “Yes. The one who left me for my niece.” She pursed her lips uncomfortably.
“Hey, what happened to choosing happiness and living for yourself?”
Destiny looked at her shoes. “Yeah…that was going well. Until I just watched him propose to her.”
Lorenzo winced. “I’m sorry.”

Destiny was quiet for a moment and then shook her head as if to clear it. “Hey, you know what? It’s okay. You’re here now, and you’ve reminded me of my new goals. I’m not going to waste my time with these people anymore after graduation. I’m gone. Hell, I might not even go back to Pleasantview. I’m going to change my whole look. Maybe my name. Who knows!?”
Lorenzo laughed. “Whoa, settle down there! I never even knew your original name.”

Lorenzo grabbed Destiny’s hand smoothly and smiled at her. “I’m Lorenzo. It’s nice to finally meet you.”
Destiny blushed. Lorenzo’s smile took her breath away. She wanted to tell him her name, but that would jeopardize all her plans. She wanted to leave, to move on to bigger and better things without being tied down to anyone. But something, a feeling deep in her heart, told her to take the plunge. “I’m Destiny.”

Lorenzo smirked. “Really?"
Destiny nodded, suprised by his reaction. “Yeah…why?”
Lorenzo shook his head, laughing. “It’s just so…ironic. I mean, it’s obvious we’re destined to be together.”
Destiny blushed and looked at Lorenzo sheepishly until the two burst out in laughter. “That’s too cheesy for me to handle right now" She tugged back on Lorenzo's hand. "Let’s get out of here.”
Lorenzo winked. “I’m right behind you.”

DREAMER

Cassandra Dreamer held her grandson Liam close to her chest while looking into his big, blue eyes. They were same eyes her late husband, Darren Dreamer had. Liam was the only thing keeping Cassandra going since Darren’s death. Now, it was time for Liam to grow into a child. It was a bittersweet day for Cassandra, and Liam’s parents as well.

Cassandra still wasn’t ready for any large celebrations, so the small family of four gathered in the dining room to cheer for Liam. After he blew out his candles with the help of Grandma Cassie, Liam stood up on his wobbly legs and braced himself for the transformation.

Surrounded by the love and cheers of his family, Liam sprang into action as a very cute young boy. He admired his new and improved hands with a smile before helping himself to some celebratory cake. After a quiet birthday dinner and dessert, everyone kissed Liam goodnight and headed to bed. Nobody felt the same without Darren, and it didn’t seem right to be celebrating just yet.

Asleep and alone in her bed, Cassandra dreamed of Darren. They were young again, kissing passionately on her old bed, in her old room at the Goth mansion. She was aware it wasn’t real in the dream, but she wanted to hold on to the fantasy as long as she could. Her heart ached as dream Darren kissed her and caressed her back; how she longed to have him back in her arms. A phone started ringing, causing the night vision to slowly fade. The ringing grew louder as Cassandra felt her body return to her own bed with pink sheets. “Wake up, Cassie. Wake up.” Darren whispered in her ear.

Cassandra finally awoke and sat up in bed. She wiped tears from her eyes as she got her bearings. What a strange dream. Why would I dream about being back in the old house? Cassandra sat still a moment, and then heard the phone ringing again. Realizing it was her cell phone and not part of the dream, she sat up and snatched it off the dresser.

Cassandra brought the phone to her ear while flicking on a small lamp. “H-hello?” She wondered who would be calling in the middle of the night.
A gruff, male voice answered. “Hello, ma’m. Sorry to disturb you at this hour. Is this Mrs. Cassandra Dreamer?”
Cassandra rubbed her forehead. “Uhm yes, this is. Who’s calling?

"Ma’m, this is the Pleasantview fire marshall. I’m afraid I have some bad news.”
Cassandra’s eyes went wide. “Fire marshall?”
“Yes ma’m. I’ve been in touch with the chief of the Pleasantview fire department. There’s been a suspicious fire at the residence 165 Sim Lane. It’s currently under investigation. I believe you’re the owner of that home?”
Cassandra’s heart began to pound. “Well, no. I used to own it…I sold it to my brother. The papers are still being sorted out. That doesn’t matter! My brother and his wife live there! Are they okay?!”
The fire marshall’s line was silent for a moment before he sighed and cleared his throat. “Mrs. Dreamer, I don’t know how to tell you this. There were no survivors, or remains found in the home. The emergency call was placed from a neighbor. The fire was very large though, and most of the home has been destroyed. Anyone who would have been inside the home at the time of the fire…well, it’s highly unlikely they could have survived.”

PLEASANT

Daniel Pleasant hobbled to his front door at the sound of his doorbell. He peeked through the glass to see his son, Felix, who was a recent graduate of Sim State university. Felix waved and smiled at his elderly father while rocking back and forth on his heels. Daniel fumbled with the lock, eager to give his only son a hug.

Daniel finally managed to open the door and Felix stepped in. The men smiled widely at each other and went in for a big embrace. “My boy!” Daniel cried out. He was beyond happy to have his son moving back in with him for his final days.
Felix smiled and squeezed his father tightly. “Dad! It’s great to see you!”
“You look great, son. I see you've taken my advice on facial hair." Felix chuckled and Daniel looked at his son with a far away look in his eyes. "You look so much like your mother."

Felix released from the hug. “Oh, Dad…” the men grew quiet at the mention of Mary-Sue. “How are you doing, Dad?”
Daniel’s smile dropped off his face. “It’s been…hard. Harder than I expected. I’m used to her leaving, you know? But before…I always hoped she’d come back.” Daniel hung his head and Felix stood silently, not knowing what to say. Daniel’s eyes suddenly lit up again as he clapped his hands. “Where’s that girl of yours? Destiny, was it?”

Felix raised his eyebrows. “Oh uh…we broke up. But I’m with somebody else now. Engaged actually. Her name is Eden.”
Daniel looked puzzled. “Eden? Engaged? What was wrong with Destiny?!”
Felix chuckled a little. “Oh Dad, nothing was wrong with her. We just weren’t good together. Eden is driven, a career woman. We both want great careers and wealth. Destiny just wanted to pop out babies her whole life and settle down.”
Daniel sighed. “Felix, come into the kitchen with me and have a seat. We need to talk.”

The two men walked into the kitchen solemnly. Felix scratched his head. “Dad, I don’t understand. What’s wrong?”
Daniel pulled out his chair. “You need to learn something about career women.”
Felix sat down in the chair across from his father. “Okay…what about them?”
Daniel sighed. “You’re so much like your mother. You have so much to learn if you don’t want to end up like...us.”

Felix tried to play along with his father's antics. “Oh c’mon, Dad. Just say it.”
“Alright. Here is goes. These career women, at first, they seem glorious and unstoppable. You love their drive, their passion, their competitiveness. Soon, you’ll have a family and unfortunately, none of that passion will apply to your children or you. They’re driven by money and you’ll be eternally placed on the back burner. Those women are fun to be with, but not the kind of women you want to marry and raise a family with. You want a women who will always be by your side and always love her children.”
Felix blew some air threw his mouth and laughed a little. “Wow, Dad. That was…sexist. I think you’re overreacting.”

“Son, I’m not trying to be sexist. I’m sure Eden is a great girl and will make a hell of a career for herself. I know you’re wired like that too so you know, maybe it’ll work out. You must always remember though…family comes first. Anybody who lives and believes otherwise is going to have a lifetime of struggle and unhappiness. That’s what happened to your mother and I. I don’t want that kind of life for you.”
Felix nodded. “Okay, Dad.”
Daniel smiled halfheartedly, feeling like his son wasn't understanding him. “I love you, Felix.”
"I love you too, Dad."

The next few days went by smoothly. Daniel and Felix lived side by side, going to work and relaxing at home without mentioning Eden or Mary-Sue. Still, Felix couldn’t get his father’s words out of his mind. Eyes closed in the shower, he replayed their conversation on his first day back form college. Family comes first. Would he and Eden really suffer from their career driven paths? Maybe it’s best if we just don’t have children. A shriek from the living room broke Felix’s train of thought. He froze, the warm water rushing over his body, and called out for Daniel. “Dad? Are you okay?” When there was no reply, Felix hopped out of the shower and threw on his clothes.

Felix rushed into the living room and saw his father sitting on the couch, shaking. He looked fearfully at something behind his son. Felix felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end as an ominous whooshing sound grew closer and closer behind him. His jumped and began to shake. Too fearful to turn around and face the Reaper, Felix’s eyes grew wide while he watched his father. “Dad…no…” He buried his face in his hands and began to cry as the Reaper raised his mighty scythe.

The Grim Reaper hovered past Felix and over to Daniel while stretching out his bony finger. Daniel watched in horror and then relief as Grim handed him a tropical drink and suitcase. He smiled, suddenly filled with peace. He whispered, “Mary-Sue! I’m on my way, babe!” before fading away against the periwinkle wall paper.

BROKE

It was time for a double birthday in the Broke house. Brandi and Benjamin Long swung their twin granddaughters, Flora and Fauna, back and forth in front of their pink cakes. The little girls blew out their candles before they were placed on the floor and cheered for by their parents, grandparents, and aunt and uncle.

As soon as the girls became children, Angela squealed with delight and raced them upstairs to dress them in matching pink and purple outfits. Her three daughters were the apple of her eye, and she adored dressing them up like little dolls. The twins sat on the couch, bored stiff with their birthday party until big sister Rose rescued them. The sisters dressed in their pajamas and ran into their pink bedroom for a wild sleepover complete with pillow fighting.

Rose was a great big sister. She led Flora and Fauna in everything, keeping them happy and safe. Angela recognized her daughters feats, and was astounded at how much Rose reminded her of her headstrong cousin, Lucy. She loved Rose dearly, and depended on her help. After the twins’ birthday, Angela brought Rose to the cemetery to visit Mary-Sue and Daniel’s graves. “Now Rosie, you’re the big sister and you're very good at it. You always keep your sisters in line and look out for them. You make me so proud of how loyal you are to your family. That’s part of the reason I brought you here today, to visit Grandpa and Grandma. The twins were too small when they died to remember. But I know you remember them, and they loved you very much.”

Rose hugged her mother tightly. “I know, Mommy. I loved them too and I’m happy to visit them. I’ll always look out for our family.”
Angela smiled and wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. “That’s my girl.”
Before Angela and Rose could release their embrace, Lilith and Liam walked up to the grave. Lilith gave her sister a small, awkward wave. “Hey, Angela.”

Angela looked at her twin, surprised to see her at their parents’ grave. They hadn’t seen each other since Darren and Cassandra’s anniversary party, when Dirk had insisted Lilith invite Angela. They hadn’t spoken at the party and before that, had only caught glimpses of each other at family events like graduations and weddings. Angela grew uncomfortable. “Lilith…what are you doing here?”
Lilith squirmed, knowing she was somewhat unwelcome. “I just came to see Mom and Dad…tell Liam about them.”

Angela snorted and whispered so the children wouldn't hear. “Tell him what? How much you hated them, how you put them through hell, or how you never spoke to them after you moved in with Aunt Jennifer? Did they even know Liam existed?”
Lilith frowned. “I…don’t know. I didn’t…they never met him.” Liam detected his mother's sadness and looked on at her and his aunt discerningly.
Angela smirked, feeling somewhat victorious. “Well Lilith, you got your wish.” She nodded at her parents’ tombstones. “You wanted them out of your life. Here they are.”

Angela watched as tears filled her sister's eyes. She’d never seen Lilith cry, ever. She started to regret her harsh words; perhaps she’d taken it too far. But isn't this Lilith’s fault? How dare she show her face here after everything.
“You know what, Angela…” Lilith paused and placed her hands on her hips. “You win.” With that, she took Liam’s hand and led him out of the cemetery.

TO BE CONTINUED
#148 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 1:54 PM
This was exactly what i needed to see after a long 8 hour shift.

Wow Alexander is either incredibly stupid or really heartless. How could he do that to Cassandra so close after Darren's death. I mean the poor girl had to deal with her mother being gone all those years, then Darren dying and now Alex? He'd be so off my christmas card list.

I'm not to sure what your angle is with the Pleasant girls right now, but I can see something on the horizon though for sure, just can't quite put my intuitive finger on what exactly LOL. That whole conversation with her daughters and the obvious omission of Felix from Angela in that conversation to Lilith leads me to believe there's a big event coming soon that's going to bring about some deep soul searching from one or both of them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#149 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
This was exactly what i needed to see after a long 8 hour shift.

Wow Alexander is either incredibly stupid or really heartless. How could he do that to Cassandra so close after Darren's death. I mean the poor girl had to deal with her mother being gone all those years, then Darren dying and now Alex? He'd be so off my christmas card list.

I'm not to sure what your angle is with the Pleasant girls right now, but I can see something on the horizon though for sure, just can't quite put my intuitive finger on what exactly LOL. That whole conversation with her daughters and the obvious omission of Felix from Angela in that conversation to Lilith leads me to believe there's a big event coming soon that's going to bring about some deep soul searching from one or both of them.

So glad I could brighten your day after a long shift!
Although Alexander is often socially inept, he loves his family. He would never do anything to hurt them without good reason
The goal of the scene with Angela and Lilith was to display how the twins were grieving the loss of their parents in their own way, and how they still bear resentment towards each other. I'm sure there will be more to come of their relationship.
Thanks so much for reading and commenting!
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 7:47 AM
[QUOTE=hmrnd3
Well elanna, I think you win the award for longest comment! Lol I'm glad you like that Alex and Lucy are moving to Strangetown. I'm excited for it too! Although, I'm not too familiar with the original Strangetown inhabitants, so I'll have to do some background research.
I love Alex and Lucy together too. I've never paired them up before now, but I think they make a really sweet couple.
I don't know why, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Don Lothario. Perhaps its because he always fathers such beautiful children? He does need a swift kick in the arse though, and you're right, Nina was happy to give it to him![/QUOTE]
LOL. sorry about that. Didn't realize that I had posted the whole of your chapter

Page 6 of 9