Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 10:22 PM Last edited by justJones : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:00 PM.
Default The Medieval Challenge
If this challenge has been made before I'm really sorry! and I used google translator for sme of the stuff so I'm sorry for the crappy english!

Basically you are going to live like they did in the Medieval times.

Story
People thoght he/she was crazy. Going back in time? Yeah right, that's impossible! But everything is possible if you believe.
A scientist from Sunset Valley had always a dream of making a time machine and go back in time. Seeing dinosaurs and experience the ancient egypt. After 20 years (*cough*simdays*cough*) of working on this project he/she finally accomplished what people thought was impossible. Creating a time machine. The scientist didn't want anyone to know about his/her treasure, so he/she hid it before he/she jumped in the machine and went back in time. You even experienced the future. Your dream finally came true, but something wrong in the system happened and you lost you consciousness.
Suddenly you are in a dark room and surrounded by homeless people or more like slaves. They were pale and sick looking. They steared at you as if you was an alien or something with your modern clothes and clean hair. In the corner of your eye you can see people
with cloths over them. They aren't moving and you realize that they're dead. It didn't smell dead bodies in the room so it wasn't long ago they died. You raise up quickly and asks where they keep your time machine. They point at a pile of metal and chords int the corner. Your time machine. Destroyed. Suddenly you can hear seagulls and waves from outside. You're on a boat. Not just any boat, but a viking ship.
Suddenly you can hear men voices from upstairs shouting stuff on a language you don't understand. It was deffinetely not simlish. It sounded a loud bump in the ship. They had deffientely hit something and most likely it was land. The men upstairs shouts something that sounds something like they speak in Aurora Skies. An old man crawls up to you and asks for a deal. He can lead you out of the ship, but you'll have to marry his son/daughter. You hesitate for a moment, but you don't want to become one of them. You nod you head and together with the old man you find you way out. When you are up on the ships surface he whispers a name before he dissapears down in the darkness again. You creep slowly over the ships end and dive in to the water before you swim some metres before you crawl on land. You realize you're in the medieval times. There is now way out and how exciting wouldn't it be to live like a medieval villager? But first of you need a place to live and a man/woman to marry. You decide to search up the old man's son/daughter and see if your charm is enough to have a old timey male/female to fall in love with you.

Start playing:

You need a man and woman

The man needs to be young adult or adult same with the woman. My scientist is a woman (Penelope) that is living with the old man's son (Frederyck). Penelope has modern clothes, but they're ripped and "dirty". Frederyck has medieval styled clothing (find the most medievaly clothing you can find). For now Penelope is living outside (place a tent or a sleeping bag or a bench outside). When Penelope gets a high relationship with Frederyck you can move her into the house and put her in old medieval clothing (if you don't have any, here is a tip for a dress)

Penelope's traits/Scientist's traits: Genius, natural cook, green thumb, friendly, insane
Frederyck's traits/the old man's son/daughter's traits: Family oriented, absent minded, green thumb, natural cook, angler

I recommend playing in maybe this Town or Dragon Valley or Moonlight falls. Now you have to kick alot of the people that lives there out of the town (may be alot but whatever) and you may keep only some of them. Make the old man's son/daughter house. It cannot be big and castle like, but small and normal. Delete the school. Youa re only allowed to have these communtiy lots: Grocery store, Bookstore, Library, some parks
Things that you are allowed to have in the house:
Firepit
1 2-square wooden dining table
4 wooden chairs
1 cheap doublebed
Alot of cribs
A cheap bathtub (just pretend it's a barrel filled with water)
1 cheap toilet
1 potty
1-2 trashcan(s)
Some toddler toys (you are going to have children right?)
Please tell me if I forgot something

Some carpets or curtains are ok, just don't overdo the decorations

Now you can start with the good stuff. You can only eat food with ingredients that comes from your garden. You can only go somewhere by walking or riding a horse (if you have pets) and you are only allowed to visit the grocery store ONCE to get anything you need. You can also fish for food. Get atleast 6-7 children (they had many children back then gotta keep it realistic ya know) and then the oldest is the one to keep the challenge going until you have reached the 7th generation. All the modern stuff away. Modern stuff is not allowed!

Toddlers job:
Be thought how to walk, talk and go potty
Master the logic skill or the music skill
Have a good relationship with their siblings

Child's job:
Keep the house clean
Help their parents out
Fish
Garden

Teen's job:
Raise the children
Help their parents
Fish Garden
Keep the house clean
Have a good relationship with it's siblings

The young adults job (Penelope and Frederyck):
Have 7 children
Fish
Garden
Cook
Shopping for groceries
Pay the bills and have money for the family (by selling fish or vegetables/fruit)

Rules:
No car or bike
No taxi
As soon as the first child becomes a teen the parents must focus on cooking, gardening and fishing. The baby isn't that important.
Turn supernaturals and celebrities off (if you have SN or LN)
Normal lifespan
All generations must have 6 or 7 children (not the 7th generation though)
No sending children to boarding school (or what ever it's called)
No cheats please

Ways to lose:
If you don't have 6 or 7 children when the parents grow up to elders (it should be possible)
If the repo man comes
If you get robbed (that shouldn't happen)
If the child grows up with randomized traits
If one of the sims get in a taxi or a car
If any of the sims have bad reputations
If the children grows up to be YA and doesn't have any relationship with their siblings or their parents

Good luck! And sorry for my bad grammar and english. English is not my main language so.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:32 PM
Tralalala, I would love some feedback or if it's something confusing you then just ask
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 4:43 AM
Oooh, I like it! What is your main language? I speak 3 including English so maybe I speak it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NinjaTessa
Oooh, I like it! What is your main language? I speak 3 including English so maybe I speak it.

Thank you! Glad you like it My main Language is Norwegian.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 6:13 PM
I'm going to try this challenge! I dunno how much I'll stick to the rules, we'll see I will post PIcs, I hope to see other people pics too!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ephy
I'm going to try this challenge! I dunno how much I'll stick to the rules, we'll see I will post PIcs, I hope to see other people pics too!

Awesome! I`m so happy that you want to try it out ^^
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:03 AM
Is there any mod or something to prevent them from using taxi? It's really hard otherwise..
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:56 PM
challenge excepted!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPoster
Is there any mod or something to prevent them from using taxi? It's really hard otherwise..

Sorry, but I don`t think so :/ But that what`s making it a Challenge right? :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 5:15 PM
looks interesting. I like the story
Might give it a shot sometime
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KikeiBatto
looks interesting. I like the story
Might give it a shot sometime

Thank you! :D
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 5:42 PM
Considering SIms tend to automatically use cars or taxis if a Sim travels a long distance without clicking on the ground and selecting "go here" (an interaction that is cancelled out from your queue the moment you line another action up), it's not so much part of a challenge as it is in dire need of a mod for a medieval themed save. Thankfully, Twallan long came to the rescue.