Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 4:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "REFERENCE TO TREE TREE PARAMETER WHERE NONE EXISTS" error when trying to use cell phone
Hi I've been having this problem for a while now where if I try to use any sim's cell phone in any way I get the "Reference to tree tree parameter when no parameter exists." error and when i hit reset the cell phone disappears from the sims inventory. For other phones this doesn't happen. This happens with every single sim in my game.

If it matters, I have all the dlc

Are there any specific mods that are known to cause this problem

I have searched high and low all over the internet and within my mods folder for some way to solve this problem, and when i removed all my mods i could use the cell phone like normal, so it's clearly a mod/hack that's causing this problem

Any tips?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 4:57 AM
Binary search.
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 3:55 PM
@Kestrellyn, I had to look that up, as I had no idea what you were talking about.

@imjustheretodownload12, yes do a Binary search, also known around here as the 50/50 method.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Kestrellyn, I had to look that up, as I had no idea what you were talking about.

@imjustheretodownload12, yes do a Binary search, also known around here as the 50/50 method.

thanks so much! was able to narrow it down to a bad mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 3:57 AM
if anyones wondering so, its the mod where kids use cell phones