2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:06 AM
Okay, I don't understand how to download the world. HELP!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimLoverTS3
Okay, I don't understand how to download the world. HELP!!

Okay so step one: Choose which version you would prefer. I do have Island Paradise, but I like the original version so I am sticking with that one. Click on the one you want (Base Game-Island version or Island Paradise-Houseboat version). Each will take you to a website that will have lots of text, but don't get confused! There are specific places you can click.

On the Base Game version: As soon as the page loads there are two links you can click, One is the original version with the namesake: "Isle of the Midnight Sun" INI files. Those just mean that when you play the game you will have specific lighting effects. In this case you will have sun all day long and at midnight it won't be fully dark.I say pick that because the second version is one that you have to download extra files. Not that complicated, but you do have to follow the instructions at the bottom of the page. (Note: you can download this file anyway without the extra lighting mod if you don't want the midnight sun effect. Your game, your choice! )

On the Island Paradise version: There is a link at the bottom of the page that says "dowload". Just click that and save where ever you want.

Note: In order to open the either version, you need a program to open it. Really simple download, not scary or dangerous for you computer. 7zip and WinRAR are great programs to use. Both are free and don't harm your computer. If you have any questions just let me know. Once you download the version of your choosing then put the world in your folder called "Downloads" which is found in your sims 3 folder where ever your sims 3 is installed (usually in "My Documents"), but do make sure you install it from your installer if you go this route. You can also just double click your file and it will install for you.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate. I hope I was clear enough, I am not always the best at describing but if something doesn't make sense please let me know!
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:11 AM
I'm trying this, once again... this time though I plan to get to gen 5. Already got Gen 2 ready to make Gen 3...

I think when this challenge is over I'll use the last heir for the asylum challenge. I mean being raised and living in total isolation most of your life would make you look kind of insane/feral to others around you wouldn't it? Even if you thought you were fine...

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Test Subject
#229 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 8:05 PM
Always one of my favorite challenges, gonna try it again woo
Mad Poster
#230 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Oh wow...I must try this too

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 1:04 AM
I have been eye-ing this challenge for a while. Would it be possible to substitute other custom worlds for China, Egypt, and France? The newest versions of the Traveler mod do not require World Adventures...obviously, I am talking about three custom worlds with similiar sizes to the canon worlds...
Mad Poster
#232 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 12:26 AM
This is very cool so far. I dunno if I should post pictures, but anyways..I decided that each generation would have only one child..this is enough and the bare minimum anyways.
I started with Sofia, and she has a son now. He just turned into a teen. This might be annoying though, as he will have to bring another sim in..there is no way HE will be pregnant. So! I wish he was a girl. lol
Sofia has one more travel, she only went twice. Once in China, and then in France where she found her baby's daddy.
I admit, playing a world that small..what a difference! zero lag man...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#233 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:37 PM
I still play it from time to time, two sisters married each other and both of them have a daughter with the one plantsim guy who is living with them.
Plantsim guy is also married to another guy who will (eventually when the two daughters grow up) impregnate them both.
Keeping it in the family, literally :P
Test Subject
#234 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 1:04 AM
I want to do this challenge but I don't know how to download the map for Mac Anyone have any tips, I'm a noob so please make it easy to understand
Test Subject
#235 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 1:11 AM
Default Help
Quote: Originally posted by Ca1iso
Okay so step one: Choose which version you would prefer. I do have Island Paradise, but I like the original version so I am sticking with that one. Click on the one you want (Base Game-Island version or Island Paradise-Houseboat version). Each will take you to a website that will have lots of text, but don't get confused! There are specific places you can click.

On the Base Game version: As soon as the page loads there are two links you can click, One is the original version with the namesake: "Isle of the Midnight Sun" INI files. Those just mean that when you play the game you will have specific lighting effects. In this case you will have sun all day long and at midnight it won't be fully dark.I say pick that because the second version is one that you have to download extra files. Not that complicated, but you do have to follow the instructions at the bottom of the page. (Note: you can download this file anyway without the extra lighting mod if you don't want the midnight sun effect. Your game, your choice! )

On the Island Paradise version: There is a link at the bottom of the page that says "dowload". Just click that and save where ever you want.

Note: In order to open the either version, you need a program to open it. Really simple download, not scary or dangerous for you computer. 7zip and WinRAR are great programs to use. Both are free and don't harm your computer. If you have any questions just let me know. Once you download the version of your choosing then put the world in your folder called "Downloads" which is found in your sims 3 folder where ever your sims 3 is installed (usually in "My Documents"), but do make sure you install it from your installer if you go this route. You can also just double click your file and it will install for you.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate. I hope I was clear enough, I am not always the best at describing but if something doesn't make sense please let me know!

I read your post, but I'm a total noob so I don't understand. I downloaded WinRAR but it won't work
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DivergentDemigod125
I want to do this challenge but I don't know how to download the map for Mac Anyone have any tips, I'm a noob so please make it easy to understand

Google downloading worlds for sims 3 on Mac or something
Test Subject
#237 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katysim3
Google downloading worlds for sims 3 on Mac or something
Thank you! I took your advice and dug deeper via google and it worked, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 1:56 AM Last edited by wheatberry : 1st Oct 2015 at 2:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
How can you garden on the IP version if you don't own the grass/land part of it?

Three ways to plant indoor:
1. If you have ITF pack, buy a garden soil rug. (my favorite option)
2. If you have Supernature pack, buy planters.
3. Use 'moveobjects on' cheat.
Lab Assistant
#239 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xhudson
Nice challenge.. except it's very difficult in the beginning to make a lot of money as when the social needs bar is extremely low it becomes impossible for your sim to do anything apart from eat and crap!

To resolve social needs:
1. Adopt pets.
2. If you can luckily find seeds (because it looks like there's no explicit spawner), you could have plants and then talk to them.
3. If you have ITF, buy a Bright Sprite Holo Disc.
4. If you have ITF Limited Edition, buy a Quantum Power Pack, but I think that's too cheat.

Fishing will not generate too much money initially. Painting or writing might be a better way. Wild flowers worth quite a bit fortune, too. You could see them from time to time.
Test Subject
#240 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 9:19 AM
I'm absolutely in love with this challenge, I've been playing non stop all week. However something has been bugging me, I've realized that I don't have the little sunken ship on my island, it wasn't there when I downloaded it. Anyone know where I can find it or why it isn't showing up?
Test Subject
#241 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 12:03 AM
you could also use into the future to get a husband and crops and all that
Instructor
#242 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:17 AM
Actually, if you want to go strictly by the rules, traveling into the future is forbidden.
Test Subject
#243 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SasssyNoodles
you could also use into the future to get a husband and crops and all that

Travelling to the future is forbidden in the game, I'm sorry to say

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Test Subject
#244 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blualishous
I'm absolutely in love with this challenge, I've been playing non stop all week. However something has been bugging me, I've realized that I don't have the little sunken ship on my island, it wasn't there when I downloaded it. Anyone know where I can find it or why it isn't showing up?

Do you mean the houseboat dock? If so, you need the island paradise EP for that

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Test Subject
#245 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 3:31 PM
So I had played this challenge for a while, but then left the save file just sitting around for months. Hmm, maybe I'll continue it. :P
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 6:21 AM Last edited by wheatberry : 16th Oct 2015 at 3:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by scurvywench
I also ran into the problem of not being able to send my kids to boarding school. I was able to enroll them, the school took my simoleans and said a car would be there at 9am the following morning, but of course no car showed up. I figured they would leave the same way everything else comes and goes... by just disappearing and reappearing, but nothing happened at all. Does anyone know of a cheat to get the kids to boarding school?

Please travel to a customed vacation world by using NRAAS's travel mod first. You then enroll your descendants in the boarding school. They could then attend the school the following day.

Edit: I forgot the sims stop aging when traveling. I'm not sure the sims will graduate from boarding school when they age up. Sorry!
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForestSimmer
Travelling to the future is forbidden in the game, I'm sorry to say

I think the reason why it's forbidden is the future world won't force your sims to come back. So, as far as you could send your sims back in one or two weeks, personally, I think it's OK to travel there.
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 10:19 PM
I have been playing this and I want to say thanks, it's a great idea and pretty neat to think I would have to earn money without actually going to work. Some issues I am having is with the lot size, it's so tiny that I couldn't get the woman I wooed from China to visit...she kept swimming in the ground and could not be greeted (I found it was just an issue with mailbox placement but still annoying). The house seems pretty narrow and I have to build up. With 2 adults and a child, it already feels cramped. I would like this play this again but have an opportunity to either create islands in the same town (like grow my own community with JUST my first sim and people he/she has brought in). EDIT: It's been so long since I played I forgot all about create a world! Thanks again for the island, the challenge is fun and unique.

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Scholar
#249 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrunkenWriter
I have been playing this and I want to say thanks, it's a great idea and pretty neat to think I would have to earn money without actually going to work. Some issues I am having is with the lot size, it's so tiny that I couldn't get the woman I wooed from China to visit...she kept swimming in the ground and could not be greeted (I found it was just an issue with mailbox placement but still annoying). The house seems pretty narrow and I have to build up. With 2 adults and a child, it already feels cramped. I would like this play this again but have an opportunity to either create islands in the same town (like grow my own community with JUST my first sim and people he/she has brought in). EDIT: It's been so long since I played I forgot all about create a world! Thanks again for the island, the challenge is fun and unique.

There are a lot of really beautiful custom worlds designed for this challenge. I've been spending the better part of a week shopping and daydreaming:
Custom Worlds Simblr
Sims Catalog

I started up this challenge tonight on O. It's so beautiful, I love it. Though I'm saying my eccentric loner moved there out of choice. It's amazing the game runs so fast it's just a joy. Also with no distractions she's really skilled up. I took the liberty of placing a few autosoils and a common seed spawner in edit town mode since I have the "no fridge shopping mod." The first two days she was eating endless roast fish. Now, with her apple tree she can make pancakes!
Test Subject
#250 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 3:12 PM
I don't understand, if this world doesn't have bookstores or libraries for reading books, how would you increase sim skill levels?
If this world doesn't have supermarket where would you buy food or seeds to plant?
Big mystery how it is possible to survive there. Unless visit China\Egypt\France to get some seeds, fruits, vegetables and plant on home lot to make food from it...
Page 10 of 14