Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 5:30 PM
Default Problems with TS4 to TS2 Conversion
Hello! Thank you for reading my post. I am quite new to Sims2 object conversion. I have created a group of files (a mesh file and two recolors). I have UC installed and I used UC for this project. My first problem is that I am having trouble changing the preferences in SimPE for the EPs and SPs. I can direct it to the base game and the stand-alone stuff packs in UC, but not the bundled expansion packs or the stuff packs. Can someone tell me how to browse to the correct folder in SimPE preferences for UC to make the bundled EPs and SPs available too?

My second issue is that when I make a mesh package, the object in-game is displaced. I would like to share my conversions, so while I am happy enough to use setquartertileplacement on myself, I don't want users of my conversions to have to use a cheat to place them. How can I get the objects to sit right in their footprint? I used a two-tile object to create the two-tile conversion.

My third issue is that when I make a recolor, the original colors of the item I used to create the mesh are also show up in-game, along with the recolors I have created. Once again, while I am happy enough to ignore them, I don't want users of my conversions to have to ignore them, too. How to I get the original colors of the item not to show up?

I have followed a tutorial to create the conversion mesh https://keoni-chan.livejournal.com/36034.html. I used the tutorial http://modthesims.info/t/102356 to create the recolors. I know that there is a preference for items to be created with Base Game compatibility, but I had trouble finding a BG object that is recolorable and has a a two-tile footprint and an appropriate environment score. I have zipped the three files in question and have attached them to this post. I would love it if someone could take a look and tell me how to fix them up so I can share good quality conversions. Again thank you very much for reading my post.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  JessB66 4T2 TS4 DO Industrial Pantry Rack.zip (166.4 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 6:47 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Nov 2019 at 7:04 PM.
1) Extra, Preferences, and one of the tabs. Depending on the SimPE version you should be able to select the folder paths. I had some issues with the 0.73 version in relation to the UC, but some people have made it work for them (I ended up using a newer version somewhat updated for the UC paths, the 0.75f version, but it does have a few other issues which is why you'll want to try another version first. 0.73 QA is the most recent "official" update and is updated for M&G).

2) If the object is displaced, you need to make sure you placed it in the same space as the original object. Best way is to extract the original TS2 mesh you cloned and place the TS4 mesh in relation to it (roughly same spot). Wall items are often below the ground in TS4, and above ground in TS2 because of the different ways the games handle wall items. Most items a sim interacts with, plus lamps and anything on a wall is probably in a different position.

3) When you make a mesh, make sure you tick "original color only" or some such in the cloning options. Alternatively you can add your recolors to the mesh package instead of having them as separate files (replace textures in the extra TXTRs), or you can delete the MMAT, TXTR and TXMT belonging to the textures you don't want to keep (but make sure you don't delete the main mesh texture files).

4) When you get over the basics of making objects and recolors and start feeling confident with doing this, you'll find it's possible to add and remove subsets (fairly easy once you're comfortable with the resource structure of an object), and fixing footprints (a bit more challenging - it is possible, but I've never bothered, and it's not too important for a wallhanging), editing environment scores, and quite a lot of other things. I don't know how to fix footprints or edit environment scores (mostly because I've never bothered to do so because it's not something that bothers me in gameplay) but I know it's possible and there are tutorials. Adding and editing subsets (plus slaving/repo items because that's really useful if you have items that can use the same recolors) I can almost but not quite do in my sleep, thanks to IgnorantBliss' tutorials:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379 - Adding a subset to an object and making it recolorable
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=229452 (Slave Object Tutorial - might come in handy later)

A few other tutorials on the things you asked about:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...onmental_Rating (environment rating)
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=97054 (footprint)
(The latter two I haven't tried, so can't speak for the difficulty, but looks like environment score is fairly easy)

https://ts2tutorialdatabase.tumblr.com/ (adding in because it is a really great database for tutorials - a bit difficult to find stuff, but if you have a word you're looking for, use the browser search, usually pops up when clicking Ctrl+F in your browser depending on whether the browser has this function)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:53 PM
Your original object is displaced, or missing, because you have not given your new conversion unique GUIDs. This also makes recolors not show properly or adds the original recolors to your newly cloned object. After creating new GUIDs for each OBJD, use Fix Integrity and remake your recolors.

How to get a unique GUID now that ambertation is down. http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...7&postcount=164
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 9:14 PM
Default Thank you for your reply
Wow, what a lot of good advice and info! Thanks for taking the time to write it all down for me.

When I use SimPE's Preferences, I can get to the relevant folder no problem, but it doesn't find the objects. For example, I can browse to C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Best of Business/EP5. Would it help if I drilled down further to TS Data then Control Res or Sys, etc? What path past EP# or SP# should I follow? I am using SimPE QA 0.73.44.37511 (alpha). Are other versions better? Are they available since http://sims.ambertation.de is down (for the foreseeable future)?

One of the things I would really like to do is to learn how to make my conversions so that there are two different subsets that can be recolored. It multiplies the color options and makes for more robust packages while the related files for the object are smaller overall, so more bang for your buck, as it were. I am very new to this, but that is definitely something I want to learn next. I am very glad to hear it is not too difficult.

I ran into the problem with wall heights on my attempt to convert TS4 LD Clean Sweep with fairly hilarious results. That attempt ran into a "laundry list" of problems. (chuckles) I thought it would be an easy item to convert. Fortunately I am so new to all this, I was thrilled with what I was able to do, even though it sits down into the floor (without moving it up with [ and ]) and sits about half a tile from the wall. I use boolprop snapobjectstogrid false to position it as best I can, but obviously that's not anywhere near good enough for something I want to share with others.

I will be sure to go through the tutorials you have listed. Again, it was very kind of you to take the time to help a newbie like myself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 10:35 PM
Default Thank you for your reply.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Your original object is displaced, or missing, because you have not given your new conversion unique GUIDs. This also makes recolors not show properly or adds the original recolors to your newly cloned object. After creating new GUIDs for each OBJD, use Fix Integrity and remake your recolors.

How to get a unique GUID now that ambertation is down. http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...7&postcount=164

Wow, getting a reply from you was quite a thrill. You are so very, very good at all this and I use a whole ton of your stuff in my game. I did run into a bit of a "facer" when I discovered the GUID database is not available. And I actually found the post you made about the issue and referenced above while looking for a workaround. I agree this is a good solution since the chance of conflicts is small and it is better to do it this way then to stop creating because the database is down, perhaps for good. I used the technique you described or at least I thought I did. What had me confused is that when I make an clone of an object, the GUID has 10 hexadecimal digits, where as if I use random.org's generator for 4 bytes, I wind up with 8 hexadecimal digits. So I was using for 5 bytes to get 10 hexadecimal digits. I tend to overthink things. Is that what I am doing wrong? I really feel quite foolish... I will go try it the other way and see if that sorts things out.

Thank you so much for your reply and for the excellent work you have done. I use your creations on just about every build I do. It's like meeting a celebrity and it's very nice of you to take time out to help a newbie like me. Getting involved with this aspect of simming has opened up a whole new world for me. I am very enthusiastic and I have some ambitions, too. I would love to learn how to convert "build mode" items like windows and doors and how to center doors and windows across two or three tiles. You and Leefish are very good at that. Since I have your attention, is there maybe a tutorial available to teach me how? Or forum discussions? I can do it for Sims 4, but I'm not playing that at this point. I like to build and I find that centered doors and windows are very valuable indeed, so I would like to make and share some.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 11:51 PM
Default OOoopsie!
To clarify, @HugeLunatic, I see you were in the discussion on that forum, but it was Icad who suggested the random.org workaround, the particular post you referred to above. Let me get back to trying to fix up the GUIDs on my conversions before I embarrass myself any more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 1:33 AM
I have concluded that my problem is I definitely don't know where to enter the GUID I generate from Random.org. I had been entering it in the Object Data Editor GUID box to the left of the get GUID link. That is certainly NOT where it's supposed to go, since SimPE just ignores whatever I put there. But where it DOES go is a complete mystery. Also, do I need a unique GUID for ALL OBJD's if the object I am cloning has more than one?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 4:15 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Nov 2019 at 12:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jessb66
I have concluded that my problem is I definitely don't know where to enter the GUID I generate from Random.org. I had been entering it in the Object Data Editor GUID box to the left of the get GUID link. That is certainly NOT where it's supposed to go, since SimPE just ignores whatever I put there. But where it DOES go is a complete mystery.

In the first text box in the OBJD (I think you have the right spot). Remember to click 'commit' after doing changes or they won't apply (commited changes puts the resource name into italics, and back to normal when you save the file).

do I need a unique GUID for ALL OBJD's if the object I am cloning has more than one?

You need one unique GUID per unique OBJD resource. If items have more than one grid square ingame they usually have more than one OBJD and need separate GUIDS for each. The main GUID/OBJD controls recolors, and you should update MMATs on just the main GUID/OBJD. This usually is the one with boxes ticked in the categories to the left, or the one without a number behind (such as 'itemname - 1.0') or with the lowest number if all have numbers, and nearly always the one in an unedited cloned file that matches the one listed in the MMATs (always, unless the MMATs are already borked for some reason).

If you edit the main GUID after making recolors, make sure you also edit the MMATs in the recolor files to match (again, use main GUID for this). And commit between steps and before going to a different resource, saving changes when you are done.

Ignore the four boxes below the first box. I think they mainly control which maxis object shows on a lot if the CC item is removed from your game (the gruid from the original item the object is cloned from), and perhaps some other uninteresting things.

---

[...] I like to build and I find that centered doors and windows are very valuable indeed, so I would like to make and share some.

I haven't tried these, but might come in handy for making windows, and possibly also doors (can't imagine the technique is much different)
- http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=98436 (making windows)
- http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=153754 (wallmasks for doors/windows - could come in handy for centered ones)
Possibly some others over at Leefish, without saying it for sure.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#9 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 10:05 AM
Choose the box right next to where it says GUID bolded at the top left of the Plugin view. For standard deco objects, ignore the list of other GUIDs below. GUIDs are 8 bit, the 0x beforehand are leading characters. You can omit those and SimPE will auto generate those after pressing commit. iCad's answer in the topic was the most direct and useful imo, which is why I direct linked to that post.

To add an additional subset (and have it recolorable), there is an old but useful tutorial by Ignorant Bliss: http://db.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 4:54 PM
Now that I better understand how this works, I'm off to see if I can fix up my conversion of S4 Dine Out's Industrial Pantry Shelf. Thank you guys for spelling this out so succinctly for me. I am awfully dense. I'm sure this info is very helpful for other people, too. I can't be the only one who is just getting started with the making of 4T2 conversions and I bet there are other people who are scrambling for an alternative now that the SimPE GUID database in not available. I hold out hope that Quaxi will continue to support the Sims 2 community for old time's sake or that we may be able to do something similar or better yet to carry on his work with the database ourselves if Quaxi doesn't want to. The hash generator method of getting GUIDs is limited because it's kind of one to a customer, as it were. I am sure I will refer to the info you guys have given me over and over, so while I'm dense, I try not to ask the same question over and over again. I really don't want to try your patience and I am very grateful for the time you have taken to explain things to me. Simming means a lot to me. Learning how to do these conversions means I have a little something, however small, that I can give back to the community. I have gained so much through it. The Sims community is really pretty amazing, isn't it? Kind of reaffirms one's faith in humanity, huh? I'm getting myself all choked up now. I better go work on that conversion before I get downright maudlin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 10:02 PM
Default Nope, Still Not Working
I have done this object over in SimPE so many times now without success that I have given up and made one that is good enough for my purposes. The object is STILL shifted half a tile to the right on the footprint. All of the two tile objects I create are this way. I understand that's because of the GUIDs, but the ones I get from the Random.org method just never work. This is very upsetting because I have to be able to get multi-tile objects to work properly in order to pursue one of my big goals in Sims 2 modding, the creation of centered on two tiles (or three tiles) windows, doors, and arches. I love this sort of build object and use them all the time. I have downloaded all I can find, but I still want MORE, so I figure it would be really good for me to learn how to make them. My hope is to distribute them and my other stuff here on MTS. Sadly, I submitted another group of converted Sims 4 objects in the feedback section, but no one offered any feedback. Is that forum still active? I am very proud of how these objects came out. It's a sink from Sims 4 Laundry Day. I gave it a "hand painted" dirty state and really polished up the files as best I could. There are also a couple of deco items. I really want to be able to create things that I can be proud of and that have been checked over by someone else before posting.

Anyhow, I attached a picture to this post. I'm not sure how it could help solve my problem, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Again, thanks for reading this post and giving much needed support to a new and struggling creator.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 1:02 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Nov 2019 at 1:27 AM.
You may have to shift the mesh to fit the footprint. 2-tile items aren't always placed in the middle in Milkshape.

Attached a picture of the crib (only 2-tile item I could think of and knew I had the mesh for) as an example, and you can see it's off-center in Milkshape, but ingame it's aligned in the middle.

One grid square in Milkshape is about the size of one grid square ingame - but while the 0,0,0 point in Milkshape is the middle of a grid square ingame, it's instead at the corner of 4 grid squares in Milkshape, meaning the alignment isn't always easy to figure out. The walls are roughly in the middle of a grid square in Milkshape (so all wall items are off-center in side views).
Screenshots
Theorist
#13 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 1:46 AM
@jessb66 - G'Day hun, this may not be the correct way to line things up but it is the way I do it and it is pretty easy. I import the mesh into MilkShape then import the mesh of the object I am going to clone, then just move the mesh (in this case the shelves) to line up with the object I am cloning.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 8:13 PM
Woot! Success!!! Thank you all so very much for helping me with this. It works! It works! So happy! [JessB66 does "the dance of joy"]. Y'all better get ready for a deluge of 4t2 conversions from me. I have an awful lot of the EPs and SPs (I still plan to get them all, fangirl that I am) so I have PLENTY of things to convert. That's all I am really using Sims 4 for at this point. Next skill I need to learn is how to make subsets. It's really exciting for me learning something new. What excellent teachers I have had here at MTS!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 2:18 AM Last edited by jessb66 : 3rd Dec 2019 at 6:14 PM. Reason: added more info
Default Sims 4 Mega Hutch for Sims 2
Today I am working on creating some custom content for a Craftsman style house. I am furnishing it with Sims 2 Mission Style furniture, Michelle's addons and recolors as well as BuggyBooz Craftsman set. I am filling in with conversions from Sims 4 Base Game. So here is my conversion of the Mega Hutch. The original hutch has different color handles and but all the same yellow and copper dishes inside the hutch. The problem is that even though I cleaned up the textures and made the appropriate areas transparent and imported them as DTX3s, there is still some parts of the dishes inside the hutch that should be transparent but are not. Could someone tell me exactly how to fix this problem? I looked at a tutorial here about creating subsets and tried to apply what it said about multiple transparent subsets, but I wasn't successful. It was pretty much a disaster, so I went back to an iteration that was better and that's what I've uploaded here. Also, the original Sims 4 object has a glass subset. I would love to have the look of clear or slightly frosted glass on my conversion, but I couldn't tell if that would use up one of the two subsets. I have attached the a zip of the file and a picture to show what the problem is.

I AM able to create items with subsets successfully now and I converted Sims 4's Mega Dining Chair (all 21 colors). I am hoping to release a collection of S4 Mega and Mission object conversions here on MTS. Now that I can do subsets (at least ones with only one transparent subset), I want to work some more on the objects I have converted before trying the approval process here. I want to offer only the best I have made here. MTS is synonymous with quality in my mind. I'm thinking my simblr is for things that are "good enough for my game, maybe they will work for yours" type-stuff. Could be I'm overthinking all this. I tend to do that. Maybe I ought to start with something small (and good) like a little laundry hamper I converted yesterday? Or maybe I should give that a subset for the hamper lid so you can mix and match it? Tumblr is where I plan to blog about my neighborhood Black Gull Bay and it's subhoods. Something big happened in Black Gull Bay's downtown today and St. Albans now has a shiny, new urban core. I should really have taken before and after pics, but I didn't think. Too bad. Well, I have drifted WAY off topic here. Better go walk the dog and get back to posting about St. Albans.

Thank you for reading and I hope one of you will find the time to have a look at my problem with the Mega Hutch. I did it over several times, but I really need some help here because what I was trying to do started to make things worse.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  JessB66 4t2 S4-BG Mega Hutch MESH Oak.zip (328.4 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 3:35 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 3rd Dec 2019 at 6:42 AM.
Not on my computer so can't look at anything right now - just wanted to tell you: look at HugeLunatic's off-grid rugs mod here. It tells you what to do to fix the dark recolors problem (or there's a link to it somewhere in the posy). The answer is in the TXMT.

P.S. For anyone who might be a bit confused now, this wasn't just some out of the blue random post. OP posted a rug conversion on their tumblr and was wondering about the difference in the textures when comparing outdoors to indoors. Thought I'd just post here about it for them.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
P.S. For anyone who might be a bit confused now, this wasn't just some out of the blue random post. OP posted a rug conversion on their tumblr and was wondering about the difference in the textures when comparing outdoors to indoors. Thought I'd just post here about it for them.

I was confused. I thought I had not had enough coffee.

Transparency that mlc mentioned. https://hugelunatic.com/?p=82
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 9:24 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Dec 2019 at 7:43 PM.
(Picture showing the TXMT lines is in Hugelunatic's link)
If there are only cutout shapes where the texture is supposed to either show or not show, then only set the AlphaTestEnabled to 1. You can use this setting on the whole mesh, usually without any issues.

Only use Blend if there is actual see-through transparency (glass, plastic, etc.) and only if those parts are in a separate mesh group, or you'll have a mess on your hands. The Blend setting is very particularly about mesh layering, and often causes mesh parts to bleed through each other if used incorrectly. If you intend to use this on the door, then the door needs to be a separate subset (but you can skip making it recolorable if that is easier) and needs to be layered at the bottom of the mesh group list in Milkshape and SimPE (when you import OBJ, SimPE does it more or less alphabetically, so if you want to add a glass group at the end, name it something like xglass, and rename once imported. Alternatively, export/import as the GMDC/simPE format used for meshes with skeletons preserves the mesh group layering in the correct order).

In the case of transparency use Dxt5, because it preserves the transparency data better. Dxt3 usually works fine for cutout shapes.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#19 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 3:09 PM
Now I'm confused, lol. I didn't say anything about transparency! I was talking about the OPs rug problem! :D
Mad Poster
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 7:41 PM
Was talking about the Mega Hutch mesh (picture/file) in regards to the plates mentioned in OP's post (#15), not the rug problem
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 5:04 AM
Maybe I should start a new thread for each problem I run into? Maybe doing it this way is too confusing? Someone please tell me how to do this going forward. I had thought I was doing right by adding on new posts on the general topic of "Problems [I have encountered learning to do] Sims 4 to Sims 2 Conversions." I don't want to annoy anyone by doing things the wrong way, posting netiquette included. I'm new and I need you guy's help.

I bookmarked HugeLunatic's website. I will fix up the carpet files on my tumblr and repost them. It was like they just ate up the light indoors, and only indoors. They are fine as long as they are outside. I made sure people would know there was an issue with them by posting a picture of what one looks like indoors. But it is far better to fix the problem so they will look the same indoors as outside. Thank you for pointing the solution out. I was going to create a series of Arts and Crafts-style rugs, so that info is really useful to me. Also, it WAS the blend setting issue above that made for my little disaster with the Mega Hutch. I think I can have a go at fixing it up now. Thanks!

I was wondering what people thought about maybe creating some different colors for the dishes in the hutch? Maybe they could be linked to the colors of the handles on the hutch? For example yellow dishes with gold handles and blue dishes with silver handles? They wouldn't be cannon, of course, but they might be really useful.

I would rather have cabinet/handles subsets than cabinet/glass subsets, if it's an either/or situation and there is no way to have cabinet/handles/glass. I thought I'd ask. I know there can only be two subsets, but I thought maybe you can cheat a bit if one is a standard material?

On the subject of subsets, I am thinking now that since subsets are a BIG advantage that Sims 2 has, that it makes sense to *always* make a subset, even if the original object doesn't have more than one thing that varies? For example, the laundry hamper is just all white or all tan or all brown. But I could make basket/lid subsets. Then you could mix and match if you wanted to. Or would that just make things more complicated to create and to use? I would appreciate some feedback on this issue as well.

Thank you very much for reading my post. I would very much like to hear what you have to say about anything that is being discussed here. I have an awful lot of questions, I know. It is very exciting for me to have others Simmers to communicate with. That's something new for me, too.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 11:56 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Dec 2019 at 12:07 PM.
You can have several subsets for the cabinet, but only two can be recolorable. If you want a glass subset too, but don't mind it being non recolorable, you can of course do a recolorable one for the plates and handles instead. That would be more useful.

You don't always need two recolorable subsets. Personally I do it when I see I want more options, and if there are clear distinctions between the items. For a clothing hamper with clothes I'd perhaps make one subset for the hamper and another for the clothes, if the mesh could be parted that way. If it was just the hamper, and if the basket and lid were the same color or material, I'd probably stick with one subset - but not knowing how that hamper looks like, I don't know what would look best.

I sometimes use Milkshape as a recolor testing device, testing out textures before I make the files. It is very useful because you can see the whole item from all angles, and decide whether you like it or not. It can read PSD files in the material section (but transparency needs png).

---

If you have several different issues, it can be more useful with separate threads for them. But if the problems are somewhat related and you prefer keeping everything in one, you need to make clear distinctions between the different problems, so there is less confusion. You can for instance have one problem in one paragraphs and skip lines between, using a heading like "rug problem" directly over that paragraph. When one problem is solved, clearly say so. Numbering the problems could also be useful. Lots of ways to do it (do what works for you).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 8:20 PM Last edited by jessb66 : 4th Dec 2019 at 8:21 PM. Reason: add picture
@Simmer22 Going forward, I think I need to break things up a bit more. I have a bunch of works-in-progress -- a laughable number really, but what Simmer doesn't? So a simple thing to do is to make a new thread for each item. Of course the same problem could effect more than one item, but I think that's ok.

That said, I think I am going to focus today on getting the Sims 4 Base Game Wicker Laundry Hamper ready to submit on MTS. I have decided it doesn't need two recolorable subsets. It's just fine as it is. It's a simple item, it looks good in game, and it's "done." I'm making it a bright white recolor to go in the Craftsman style house I'm on about, but that won't take any time really. The sooner I dive in a get a submission in, the sooner I will overcome my fear of rejection. I've attached a picture here of my conversion.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 8:39 PM
This particular simmer is very much one of those. My Project folders put together (just on the laptop, so from roughly 2012 to now) is roughly 70 GB (no idea with the previous computers), and there's a good mix of finished and unfinished projects in there... I love starting projects, but I'm easily distracted by new ones, and it sometimes takes me a lot of time to put in those few finishing touches (or I just procrastinate endlessly ). I've so far never posted anything to the Download section of MTS, but have my own site and prefer uploading there.
------

It's always scary to post your first creations, but you'll probably get the hang of it pretty fast. Looks like you've already learned a lot in a short time, which is a good start.

Can't see the picture, though. Sure you clicked upload?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 1:14 AM
Default Uh, Yup... I forgot to hit the upload button for the picture. Doh!
That was the problem there. Let me try that again.
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2