Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 2:48 AM Last edited by RainMilk : 20th Apr 2020 at 3:51 AM.
Default Transparent Ham
Hello, I made a new conversion but this time its transparent. the blend is set to none and alphamode is 0. I did try 1, didn't work. Will include the file. I know the texture is huge but I have not found a program to keep the quality but reduce the size yet.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MrNecturus-GoodFood-Ham.rar (2.32 MB, 2 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 3:13 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Apr 2020 at 3:23 AM.
If you click the "image 1024x1024" or 512x512 (depending on the size you want) in the TXTR and then export this, and reimport with DXT3 (or 5) that'll do it for the texture size. Quality doesn't seem to be reduced.

The mesh is also inside out.

Try this (in Milkshape)
- Face --> Reverse Vertex Order
- Vertex --> Align Normals
- Export as OBJ and reimport in SimPE That should do it.
(If you want to keep the edges of the smoothing in some areas, you have to mark individual parts of the mesh and do "align normals" on each part separately).

If you're using Blender, let me know. There's stuff you'll need to know, especially on how to properly export OBJs, but if you're just using Milkshape there's no point in writing it up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 3:34 AM Last edited by RainMilk : 20th Apr 2020 at 3:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you click the "image 1024x1024" or 512x512 (depending on the size you want) in the TXTR and then export this, and reimport with DXT3 (or 5) that'll do it for the texture size. Quality doesn't seem to be reduced.

The mesh is also inside out.

Try this (in Milkshape)
- Face --> Reverse Vertex Order
- Vertex --> Align Normals
- Export as OBJ and reimport in SimPE That should do it.
(If you want to keep the edges of the smoothing in some areas, you have to mark individual parts of the mesh and do "align normals" on each part separately).

If you're using Blender, let me know. There's stuff you'll need to know, especially on how to properly export OBJs, but if you're just using Milkshape there's no point in writing it up.

I do have blender. Looked fine in there. hmm also I don't have Vertex --> Align Normals in milkshape. I fixed it! I just fliped the direction of the normal in blender! Thanks again 22!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 3:04 PM
Make sure you use the proper export settings in Blender, or the files throw errors or export with the normals front-to-back, or all sorts of weird issues. Meshes with these settings can be exported directly to SimPE withouth any errors or weirdness (unless it already exists in the mesh)

You can save the settings as a preset, so you don't have to remember them each time. Click the + button next to where it says "operator presets" and give the preset a new name.