Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 10:43 PM
Default 26. Still Waiting?!
You stay out waiting until you keel over and die of the cold and hunger. Maybe you should have done something! Jeez, there was a restaurant right next to you and everything!

The Duke was reported to have passed out in a drunken stupor in some bar, and didn’t get up until the morning. The end.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 10:48 PM
Default Game Over

Thanks to boolPropped for helping me get this ready for the forum.

And, as always, many thanks to Elena for being a supportive reader/feedbacker/sister.

You may all read and post now! I have been working on this story since October, have been spending several weeks getting pictures together, and had it posted within 20 minutes! So, there might be several number mistakes, and there's two posts with missing pictures (which will be fixed soonish). If you see any other issues, tell me post-haste! And if you are confused as to how to read, see the rules or ask me!

Enjoy!

(EDIT: Mind, you all *can* post! I'd actually appreciate feedback as to whether you think this type of story worked, as I have a "sequelish" type thing to it in mind that concerns the Flea a bit more...)

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#28 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:12 AM
Default I survived! XD
Sweet. I got the map to my Uncle.
Although I'm a vampire ^.^

Some FB:
This was ingenious! I'd love to see more stories like this; I'll probably re-read and choose a different strategy next time. Very well thought out; interesting plot line, and great pictures. How long did this take you to do? Are you thinking of doing anymore stories in this fashion?
#29 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:21 AM
I got the same ending as Amy Lynn.

That was really fun, Spiff! I encourage you to do more.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Instructor
#30 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 12:21 AM
I've always wanted to make a story like this, just never had the time or the graphics card to do such, hoping to tackle something like this in the future.

Wonderful story, very suspensful, I liked the fact that we as a reader could make our decisions.

Just to let you know, for post number 25 piccies are missing aswell

I made it through safely gave the map to my uncle, its good because I can redo this again taking different turns if I wish.

Thankyou for submitting this story HPSpiff

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 3:23 PM
Loved it. I got the same result as the first two though. Please do more!
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:04 AM
That was amazing! I kept re-reading the story until I had chosen every decision. Great job!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 5:15 PM
Thank you! I was worried it wouldn't go over too well, because it's a very... different story. I'm glad you liked it!

Amy Lynn - Muchas gracias, your feedback was very helpful! To answer your questions: I have been working on this since October, though it's been stewing in my head since, oh, last year. The writing was the longest part, as I was writing it on and off between classes. Once I finally had a semi-complete story (this was originally intended to be longer and have more than one ending that's not dying), I started planning out pictures, what the set looked like, the sims... Also, in answer to your second question, I had a lot of fun with this story, so I'm really hoping to get another one done if this one goes over well. Of course, other people are welcome to do one - I did not invent this, just made the first story like it in the community.

Derange - Heh, it seems like you all have good survival skills. And thanks for the encouragement! It's worked. *wink*

auroraspirit - I can't wait to see you do a Choose Your Own Adventure! Thanks for telling me about the picture! I'm in Texas now, miles away from my computer, but I'll get them up as soon as I get back (I'm planning what they'll look like now). And you're very welcome!

Mikoyo - Wow, nobody died? Were you all cheating? *attempts to look fierce* I know that I've never played one of these without cheating... I'll try to do more!

missd - Wow, you read it all! Cool! I'm glad you liked it!

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#34 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 7:52 PM
I liked this and it was different from most Fics. I ended on Post 25. Will you do another one, since you write them in the same style and the pictures you post with the story are great. Looking foward to more.
Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 8:29 PM
MM, I won! Yay! ~~~
It was sweet.

~The Sims 2-Game of Control Freaks around the globe~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 7:20 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been in Austin and my Gramma was hogging the computer. (Seriously, my dad was teaching her how to make a MySpace!)

Anyway - I'm glad you both liked it, Diego and Twilight! Well, after all these nice responses, I'll have to make another one!

I'm about to get the missing pictures done, so everything will be cleaned up soon!

Field Researcher
#37 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 9:48 AM
I also survived... and got vamped! I was so hoping I'd get an entertaining death.

BTW - Is this at all based on the Neverwhere universe created by Neil Gaiman?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:31 PM
Ooh, sorry I did not respond, skylark. I haven't looked at this for a while, eek. Anway, thanks! If you want to die entertainingly (I think there are a few funny ones, myself), I guess you'll have to read again. Seriously, you all have way to many survival skills.

I haven't heard of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, but considering I used a lot of themes from fantasty/otherworld stories, I probably did get something. :P

#39 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:37 PM
Woop woop, I got vamped XD Great story, Spiff!! Maybe I'll read it a couple more times and see what happens to me
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:37 AM
Wow, so many readers since I last checked this! I'm glad you liked it, Zora. And yes, you must read it more. Mwahahahaha...

Just to let everyone who's interested know - All pictures are up! Check the lovely posts 15 and 26 for pictures galore!

Page 2 of 2