Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 8:48 AM
Family Traditions Challenge
Family Traditions Half-Legacy Challenge:

Choose any 10 of the following traditions. These traditions must be chosen up front. To complete the challenge, all 10 traditions must have lasted for 5 generations. The challenge ends in a victory and 100 points are added to your score when the 4th firstborn (i.e. the 5th generation) has completed every tradition. Just because a generation misses a tradition does not mean the challenge has to be over. (But of course, only play for fun! If you aren’t satisfied with a game, STOP PLAYING and find something you do enjoy!) Your score is determined by adding up all points from all traditions.

For a “Lite” version, pick 5 traditions. Add only 50 points for a victory. All other points stay the same.

1. Family Business: Founder’s career path must be taken by any family member wishing to have a full-time job. The Family Business can be any career, profession, or self-employment. Part-time jobs cannot be a Family Business, and may be taken by any family member who does not seek full employment. Founder and the firstborn of each generation much reach Level 10 of this career. (Spares who move out of the family home are no longer in control of player and therefore do not need to continue or join the family business.)
o 2 points for Founder and each firstborn that reaches level 10 of this career.
o 1 point for each family member who reaches level 5 or higher. (N/R)

2. Like Father, Like Son: Each member of the bloodline must have one of two (or both) family traits by Young Adulthood. Both of these traits must be possessed by the Founder. Firstborns must have both of these traits by Young Adulthood. These traits can be anything.
o 1 point for each firstborn with both traits.
o .5 points for each bloodline member with 1 or both traits.
o -1 point for each failure of either firstborn or bloodline member.

3. Family Values: Each member of the bloodline must have the same Lifetime Want. It must be the Founder’s Lifetime Want. Founder and firstborns must achieve this Lifetime Want before their death.
o 2 points for Founder and firstborn achieving the LTW.
o 1 point if another family member achieves this LTW. (N/R)

4. Celebrating Together: Each member of the bloodline who resides in the family home at the time must have a party (with cake) for every birthday. Each member of the bloodline who resides in the family home at the time of their marriage must have a wedding party. Founders and firstborns must have all living immediate family members on the guest list of or in attendance at each party, regardless of whether or not these family members live in the family home. This includes siblings, parents, children, and spouse. If the number of immediate family members exceeds the guest list, all guests must be immediate family members. (Birthday Parties cannot occur until the first game notification appears, saying, “---‘s birthday is in a few days.”)
o .5 points for each birthday party, with cake, with required guests.
o .5 points for each wedding with required guests.
o No points for non-firstborns, but parties are still required to win 100 extra points.

5. Large Family: Each founder and firstborn must raise 5 babies to young adulthood. These must all be natural pregnancies—not adoptions. Any spare children are, of course, allowed to move out any time after reaching young adulthood.
o 2 points upon the founder/firstborn’s 5th child reaching young adulthood.
o .5 points for each additional child raised to young adulthood by founder/firstborn. (N/R)
o 1 point for any other family member who completes this condition. (N/R)

6. Philanthropic Legacy: Each founder and firstborn must donate 35,000 to any charity/ies over the course of their life. (This requires each firstborn to have the “Good” trait.) It would be a good idea to keep track of each person’s donations in a Word document or on a piece of paper.
o 1 point for the 35,000th donated by the founder/firstborns.
o -1 point for each failure to do so.
o .5 point for any other member of bloodline who donates 35,000. (N/R)

7. Great Minds Think Alike: Founder and each firstborn must max the same skill before their death—along with any and all skill challenges. Each member of the bloodline must learn this skill, i.e., they must reach level one of this skill.
o 2 points for each maxed skill by founder/firstborn.
o No points for bloodline member learning skill, but still required for victory.
o 1 point for each member of bloodline reaching level 5 or higher. (N/R)

8. Matriarchy or Patriarchy: Each firstborn must be the same sex as the founder. If, in a matriarchy, a son is born before the first daughter, he is passed over in favor of the daughter. He is then considered a “spare”. Procreation MUST continue until a child of the same sex as the founder is born. (If a 50-50 gender hack is not used, pay attention to apples and watermelon eaten by the mother.)
o .5 point for each firstborn of correct sex.
o -1 point for failing to produce the correct sex.

9. Famous Family: The founder and each firstborn must reach level 5 celebrity status and have 3 celebrity best friends/old friends of level 4 or 5 before their death. All members of the bloodline must reach celebrity level 1 by adulthood if kept in the family home.
o 1 point for each 5-star celebrity founder/firstborn with 3 4- or 5-star best friends.
o No points for bloodline 1-star celebrities, but still required for the victory.

10. Allied Nations: Founder must reach level 3 visa status and own a vacation home in China, Egypt, or France by the time of their death. Each firstborn must reach level 3 visa status in this same location before their death. By the end of this challenge, a vacation home owned by the family (not necessarily the same one the founder bought) must be worth at least 50,000. No family members (including founder or firstborns) may travel to another location without first visiting the allied nation and reaching visa level 1.
o 2 points for reaching level 3 visa status for each founder/firstborn.
o -1 point for each family member going to a different nation without reaching level 1 visa in the allied nation first.
o 1 point for any other family member reaching level 3 visa status. (N/R)
o 3 points for vacation home worth 50,000
o -1 point if a vacation home is not bought by the founder. -2 if not bought by 1st firstborn either. -4 if not bought by 2nd firstborn either. Penalty keeps doubling accordingly.

11. Coming from Wealth: At the time of the founder’s death, the net worth of the family must be at least 50,000. The 1st and 2nd firstborns must each add 50,000 to the net worth by the time of their death, and the 3rd and 4th firstborns must each add 100,000. This is to be measured by the actual net worth at the time of the person’s death, and not necessarily the exact amount of money each individual contributed. If the conditions are surpassed, the money does not “roll-over” into the next generation’s contributions.
o 1 point for each successful contribution.

12. Family Museum and Mausoleum: Over the course of the Founder’s lifetime, they must have at least 1 portrait painted of them. For each firstborn, they must have 3 portraits—all at different age stages, and one life stage must be young adult or adult. Each spouse of a firstborn needs a portrait of them as an adult or young adult. All people in the bloodline must have a portrait, sculpture, or 2 photographs of them—at any life stage. (Photographs must be from 2 different life stages.) All of these portraits must be maintained in a family museum on a lot purchased by the founder. The museum must be a real building with doors, windows, roof, floor, and wall covering. Photographs and sculptures can also be maintained here, as well as relics from an Allied Nation or collectibles from a Family Pastime. On this lot must also be any and all graves generated by the family home, as well as one flowering plant (potted or not) for each remains. There does NOT need to be an actual mausoleum rabbit-hole.
o 1 point for each successful individual.
o -1 point if there are not enough plants.

13. Family Pastime: Founder chooses a “collectible” category (i.e. gems, metals, insects, seeds, space rocks). Each firstborn must collect every base-game variety of that collectible during their lifetime. Every member of the bloodline must collect at least 3 different varieties before young adulthood, 5 if they stay in the family home until their death. These items cannot be sold or “used” (i.e. planted or transmuted), but gems may be cut in any cut and metals may be smelted. Extras can be sold, but one of each type must always remain on the lot or in the Family Museum.
o 2 points for every successful founder/firstborn.
o No points for bloodline members, but conditions outlined are still required for victory.

14. Play Together, Stay Together: The founder chooses a musical instrument, maxing that skill. Each firstborn must also max that instrument skill. Any and all skill challenges must be attained, and all compositions learned by each founder and firstborn. Everyone in the bloodline must learn the skill, i.e. reach level one. CAN be used with Great Minds Think Alike, but a different skill must be learned for GMTA. It CAN be another instrument.
o 2 points for each maxed skill by firstborn/founder.
o No points for bloodline members, but still required for victory.
o 1 point for any family member reaching level 5 or higher.

15. Battle of the Sexes: This changes gameplay a LOT. Start with a founding couple—they come out of CAS married. For each tradition you choose that requires a choice of many options (i.e. maxing one skill out of all skills available), the founding father picks one and the founding mother picks a different one. In each generation, there must be a firstborn male and firstborn female. Each male must complete the founding father’s choices, and the female must complete the founding mother’s choices. Male firstborns must come from male firstborns and females from females—so each firstborn must have at least one child.
o Large Family: One firstborn of each generation must have 3 kids, and the other must have 2. 1 and 4 is NOT acceptable. More than five children total is always OK.
o Coming from Wealth: At the time of the last firstborn’s death for that generation, the net worth can be totaled. Each generation—not each person—must amass that amount of money.
o Matriarchy/Patriarchy: CANNOT be used with Battle of the Sexes. Battle of the Sexes already implies both a matriarchy and a patriarchy.
o Celebrating Together, Philanthropic Legacy, Famous Family, Family Museum/Mausoleum: All conditions must be met by both male and female firstborns.
o “Choice” traditions include: Family Business, Like Father/Like Son, Family Values, Great Minds Think Alike, Allied Nations, Family Pastime, Play Together/Stay Together.
o POINTS: Each founder/firstborn earns the points for any individual success. Large Family, Coming from Wealth earn only communal points.

Other Rules
1. Like any legacy, your founder must purchase the largest lot available, and have only 1,300 to start life with. If needed, use “testingcheatsenabled on” then “familyfunds HouseholdName 1300”.
2. This must be a brand new, straight from EA neighborhood.
3. If you are going to compare your score to other players: Mods can be used, but only to “fix” things. Nothing that overtly makes the challenge easier can be used, including (but not limited to) faster skill gain, price increases or decreases in player’s favor, CC objects that are less expensive than EA equivalents, using BuyDebug, meet co-workers faster, all buyable fruits/fish/books, faster visa level gain, higher spawn rates, using EA cheats, better harvestables, auto-water objects, more chance of twins/trips/quads, etc. 50-50 gender CAN be used!
4. Simbots, mummies, vampires cannot contribute to points. Consuming ambrosia, life fruit, or anything containing life fruit negates any further contributions to points from that sim. Cheating in order to give the player some sort of advantage is not allowed if you want to compare scores.

Let me know if you play this challenge, if you have anything to add or modify. I'd love feedback, especially if you play it. Points are for fun, and don't have to be counted, but a lot of people want a way to be competitive. I based a lot of my "traditions" off of the Immortal Dynasty Challenge, which looks like an incredible (and incredibly hard) challenge. I highly recommend checking that challenge out as well.

PEACE, LOVE, and LLAMAS!
--elansims
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 7:43 AM
Im a great fan of metros challenges too. But i like your idea - maybe i should try this some day.
Just one question to be sure, is this a 5 generational challenge or 10?
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LenaLJ
Im a great fan of metros challenges too. But i like your idea - maybe i should try this some day.
Just one question to be sure, is this a 5 generational challenge or 10?
this is a 5 generation, i think.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:40 AM
As it says up there toward the top...
Quote:
To complete the challenge, all 10 traditions must have lasted for 5 generations. The challenge ends in a victory and 100 points are added to your score when the 4th firstborn (i.e. the 5th generation) has completed every tradition.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 8:02 AM
This challenge is really detailed, I think instead of first born I'm going to combine this with another challenge I saw where the heir has to have the same hair and eye colors as their parent.
I'll post progress soon :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 5:30 AM
I started playing with my founding couple and so far have two sets of twins, but the more I play the more confusing the rules get. Has anyone else started this challenge?