Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:17 AM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 6:07 PM.
Default Vampire Chains - A Sims 3 Late Night Challenge
VAMPIRE CHAINS - A SIMS 3 LATE NIGHT CHALLENGE

Testing Currently In Progress - Please post if your willing to help me test this challenge!

CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION:

Your sim had been prowling around the city one night until he/she found a nest of vampires! Your sim ran for their life but was no match for the speed of the undead. As they were cornered, a master vampire appeared and offered them a deal. If they chose to live with the vampire and become his/her human pet or they could suffer a painful death. Of course, your sim chose the first one, and becomes a slave of the Undead.

You sim is now living with their master in the city of Brightport, and is required to feed, take care of, and provide for their master. Will your sim be able to outrank the master in a world of Vampires? Or will they end up as one of the forgotten bodies littering Brightport's streets?

STARTING THE CHALLENGE:

1. Create a YA/A male or female sim, and give them the 'Brave' trait (you can choose any other traits you wish) - this will be your main sim so create them carefully

2. Create a YA/A male or female "Master Vampire", give them the 'Evil' and 'Great Kisser' traits - you will be changing this sim into vampire ASAP

3. Move your sim and the vampire into a Brightport lot:

It can be any lot (custom, pre-made, ect.) as long as two or more sims can live in it. It must have expensive, tasteful furnishing. Remember, Vampires can live forever (usually), and have accumulated a great deal of money, so it's only natural that they live in luxury (You can use the 'Motherlode' or 'Familyfunds' cheat this ONCE)

Click on the "Master Vampire" sim.

Enable the 'Testing Cheats Enabled' cheat and SHIFT + COMMAND click on the mailbox - select 'Make me know everyone' cheat. Raise your relationship bar fairly high with all the vampires in the city - Your a Master so you'll of course know all the vampires.

5. Change your Vampire sim into a vampire.

This can be done in multiple ways - you can befriend a vampire and ask him to turn you or you can become romantic with one and they turn the vampire sim into a vampire. (If you choose the last option, make sure to cut the RELATIONSHIP OFF with him/her.)

Select your main sim.

Enable the 'Testing Cheats Enabled' cheat and SHIFT + COMMAND click on the mailbox - select 'Make me know everyone' cheat. This is so your sim can befriend vampire by know who is who. It's really painful looking everywhere just for one vampire.
You do not have to do this step if you don't want to, it just make you able to call other sims without actually having to "meet" them.

7. START PLAYING!

STEP ONE - BECOMING A VAMPIRE
:

GOALS:

- Befriend or meet all the vampires in Brightport
- Become a vampire

You are living in a home with your master , and are required to fufill your duties.

Night:
Because your master sleeps in the day, you are required to sleep ("Woo-Hoo", you're not required to "Try for Baby" yet) with your master every other night (or more) to fill their um... needs. At night, you must 'feed' your Master with your own blood and travel with them where ever they visit (Clubs, bars, pool, ect.).

Day:
During the day however, you must clean the house. After you finish doing this, you must go out and build your relationships with the vampires. You are under the protection of you Master (who would kill you if they found out you're doing this) and therefor cannot be 'tasted' by other vampires.

If you manage to befriend or meet (whichever you like) all the vampires in Brightport, you can choose to become a vampire (Of course your master knows nothing about this.) by the hands of another vampire other then your Master.
After you have successfully done this, you have completed STEP ONE.

STEP TWO - HIGHER THEN YOUR MASTER? :

You have successfully become a vampire, congratulations. Of course, your Master was very pissed after they found out, but they decided to keep you as a slave for punishment. Have fun serving your master forever... not.

GOALS:

- Raise you and your Master's child well
- Become higher ranking then your master (Start level and popularity)
- Max out charisma skill

Duties:
Because you no longer have flowing blood, you are required to bring a human home every night for them to feed. You are still required to woo-hoo with then every other night, however, if they/you become pregnant because of this, you must raise the child without any help from the Master. This is because the Master has no time for small vampire children, and barely communicates with them.

To ensure that you will rise above your Master in ranking, you must build your Star Level and befriend all the vampires in Brightport to earn their support. Or course, in order to befriend that many people, it would be wise to raise or max out the Charisma skill as well.

As soon as you are a 5-Star celebrity, friends with all the vampires, raised your child to YA and maxed out the Charisma skill, you have finished this step.

STEP THREE - FAMILIES ARE POWER :

You have cut all bonds with your Master and have now become a Master ranking vampire member yourself. You now live alone in a home, and must search for a mate that ensures a powerful vampire line is continues in your offspring. But, before you are consitered worthy to be a mate, you must find and create a coven to serve you. Good luck!

GOALS:

- Find and marry a mate
- Produce 2 or more children with your mate, as long as there is one male and one female offspring
- Manage a good reputation in the Vampire Society, do not make any enemies.
- Find and turn 3-5 sims into vampires for your coven

Creating a Coven:
To make sure you have a loyal group of supporters, find and befriend 3-5 sims that you wish to turn into vampires. After you turn these sims into vampires, have them live with you and come with you when you go out to a club, bar, ect. where you would be in "danger" from other vampires.

Finding a Mate:
After successfully creating a coven, you must search the town for a mate (Townie, Create-A-Sim, ect.), however, that sim must be a vampire (Can be already one or you can turn them) to ensure that you have a strong line.

Preparing for Bonding:
As soon you find and choose a suitable mate, make sure they are introduced (or meet) every vampire in the city and in your coven to ensure they have support. After this you both must only eat plasma fruits or plasma packets, so you do not 'Bond' with any other person. At this point you can decide wether or not to keep living with your coven. It doesn't matter if you do, but if you continue to live with them, they can assist in raising your first offspring.

Bonding:
Get engaged and married (You can throw a party if you want , as long as you only invite vampires and/or the coven). After getting married, you and your mate are not allowed to leave the house for a week (this allows you to woo-hoo, have a child, ect.). After you and your mate bear the first offspring, you must raise the baby to a child before having another baby(an exception to this is twins, this rule is so the house is not over run with small children).

Raising Your Offspring:

RAISING THEM YOURSELF:
As soon as you children are born (or toddlers), you (or your coven, if your still living with them) must be sure to teach them life skills (walking, talking, potty, reading) to make sure they grow up to be respectable vampires.
When they are children/teens, make sure they get good grades and become popular with humans (this will help them become popular fast for prom, parties, ect.). As soon as they start to be able to drink blood, make sure they only drink from plasma packs, to ensure they will be able to drink from them when they are older (they can always drink from them, but I just added this for fun).

COVEN RAISING:
This only applies to coven member who have LEFT the household.

If you decide you are to busy to be bothered with raising your own child, send them (move) to a member of your coven. There the coven member(s) will raise them themselves, and you will not be bothered, unless you wish to see your offspring. However, this means you cannot control the way your child is brought up and taught (grades, skills, traits, ect.).

Line and Protection:
As soon as a offspring has become a YA, you must send them off into the Vampire World of Brightport, where if you are found to be a vampire, you will be instantly killed (have rumors started by biting others). When your offspring has moved out, make sure they live with someone in your coven, to ensure their protection until they fully understand the world of the Undead (if your child is already living with a coven member, this does not apply). As soon as you are finished having or raising children (this can stop at anytime, as long as you have one male and one female offspring) or have died, the challenge is done.

You have finished this challange, congratulations!

AFTER THE CHALLENGE:
You can continue this challenge by playing choosing and playing as one of the offspring (successor) and taking up a human slave. You can repeat this challenge or try and have a line of vampire children with the slave, but kill of any human children. See how many vampire children you can have with a human sim.

"Test Cheat Enabled True" is ONLY allowed at the SPECIFIED points. The SAME RULES APPLY for the "Motherlode" and money cheats.

However, you CAN use Nrass's Master-controller mod to be able to change a sim into a vampire. Also, if you want to have more then 8 members in a household, you can use a mod for that as well.

If you want to help me test this, you can play and tell me what was I should change or add. You can also tell if it's too long or to hard.

Oh! Feel free to post your progress here, I would love to see how many people actually finish this painful thing

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:09 AM
ooooh and i have just the vampire for this (household already made) Lestat! He was the first vampire I made with late night when i got it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:37 AM
Awesome!
I have a vampire guy I made for the Master too (I think his name is Lucan De Angelo?)
Anyway, the first thing my main sim did when she and Lucan moved in was get in a fight with him
Oh well.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:31 AM
debating if i actually want to use him, when i saved his household he was already a 4 star caleb(usually i toss him in a town when im not using bridgeport makes having vamps easier) a goal in the challenge might be to create a 'coven' of vampires, maybe have 3-5 sims that are under the main sim...... after the master is out, hmmmm something like that I shall work on it, vampires are the main reason i choose late night instead of generation, world adventures or pets...... though I might test it with Lestat I have an idea for me actually doing the challenge(one i will make a blog of) but have to work the kinks in my mind about that one out...... *goes to play with Lestat and whatever i create my main sim to be.......
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 8:06 PM
Funny, I made a Master and his pet/maid for Bridgeport out of boredom. I was in the process of renovating the apartment I put them in; to make it 2 to 3 floors. I haven't worked on that saved game in awhile, I've been working on the Brothel Challenge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:56 AM
That coven idea doesn't sound to bad actually...
I guess it would make sense if it was a goal to turn 3-5 sims into vampires or something, then have them live with him/her until the main sim finds his/her mate.
I'll go edit it now! Thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:33 PM
I just love vampire challenges!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 10:35 PM
oh a quicker way to make your vampire master a vampire: mastercontroller
if you have it that is. I have found it nraas' masterconroller, story progression and woohooer very useful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:55 AM
True, but as I don't use mods I forgot to add it. (I have a Mac and un-zipping files is painful.)
Thanks for bringing that up
Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 11:01 PM
I'm going to try this challenge - it looks quite interesting! Just as a quick question, though. Can't you just go by the vampire master's list to see which people are vampires, so you only need to do the "make me know everyone" cheat once? It saves time and one step, if I'm thinking correctly.
And also, do I just use my own judgment as to when my slave's supposed to sleep? Otherwise he'd be up all day and all night...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 11:27 PM
Yeah you can only do it once if you want. I just did it for the servant so you could call them and stuff to build the relationship with the other vampire(s).
You can use your own judgement for your sim to sleep, I usually only make mine sleep when they're about to collapse or to pass time, lol.
Above all, it's your sim
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:23 PM
This sounds like such a great idea! I haven't really played much as a vampire, so this sounds really interesting. I've got a few challenges on the go at the moment, so it may be a while, but I definitely think I'll give this a go.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 7:46 AM
I also think that this is a great idea. I love the Sims 3 creatures. I have to figure out how I will do this alongside another challenge I'm doing though.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 12:53 AM
This challenge looks like a lot of fun. I don't think I'll write up a story, but I will for sure try it!! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Khandnarutofan : 11th Oct 2012 at 11:15 PM.
When you say the main Sim must Woohoo with their master every other night or more, in step 1 is it just Woohoo, or Try for Baby?
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 6:05 PM
I really like this! I like that most of it isn't about raising a family. I will definitely try this!
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 4:35 AM
I like the story line.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 8:50 AM
This sounds like a fun challenge, gives me a nice break from my Sim families and also my LP's. I'll let you know how it goes with periodical updates and even pictures if you want.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:07 PM
I have a scoring suggestion based on the rules:

Vampire Chains Challenge Scoring

Cheats[unless allowed in rules](-.5 ea)
Step 1
Know All Vampires[without "Know Everyone" cheat](5 pts)
Vampire Best Friends(2 pts ea.)
Completion(10)

Step 2
Toddler Skills[must finish all skills](3pts)
Traits[get points for being able to select your child's trait](1 pt ea.)
Celebrity Level(1 pt ea.)
Charisma Level(1 pt ea.)
Completion(10)

Step 3
Toddler Skills[must finish all skills](3pts per child)
Traits(1 pt ea.)
Coven Best Friend(2pts ea.)
Completion(10)
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Khandnarutofan
When you say the main Sim must Woohoo with their master every other night or more, in step 1 is it just Woohoo, or Try for Baby?

I am going to say that it's just Woohoo because there are no Step 1 guidelines for children.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claireguitar
By Brightport do you mean Bridgeport? Sorry about that, I get it from my mom. She always picks apart what I say.

I just noticed – thanks for pointing that out

Quote: Originally posted by kittenvampire14
I have a scoring suggestion based on the rules:

Vampire Chains Challenge Scoring

Cheats[unless allowed in rules](-.5 ea)
Step 1
Know All Vampires[without "Know Everyone" cheat](5 pts)
Vampire Best Friends(2 pts ea.)
Completion(10)

Step 2
Toddler Skills[must finish all skills](3pts)
Traits[get points for being able to select your child's trait](1 pt ea.)
Celebrity Level(1 pt ea.)
Charisma Level(1 pt ea.)
Completion(10)

Step 3
Toddler Skills[must finish all skills](3pts per child)
Traits(1 pt ea.)
Coven Best Friend(2pts ea.)
Completion(10)

Hmm… I didn’t actually think about a scoring system – due to the fact I rarely use them myself. But I know some Simmers like to use them, so it seems that I should add one. Yours seems fair – would you mind if I used it? Just with a few tweaks, of course

Quote: Originally posted by kittenvampire14
I am going to say that it's just Woohoo because there are no Step 1 guidelines for children.

Correct. I’ll add that to my post to make things clearer.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 10:30 PM
I will love to try this challenge, it helps with the sims 3 supernatural because you can crate a vampire now I never done a challenge before
I have a feeling I am going to mess up along the road lol = )
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:04 PM
I am going to try this

Faith is made stronger by facing doubt, untested it is nothing.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 4:46 AM
Hello! I absolutely LOVE this challenge and i'm already on Step 3! I'm so exited to continue but l have a quick question, once you have raised your child from Step 2, do you move them out and let them live however they want or do you keep them in your household? And also when l end up cutting all ties with my master, then do l just move him out of my house and that's it?
And again thanks for the amazing challenge!