Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Celeb
What about the zombies that spawn on the lot on a full moon with Supernatural?

I would think if you have Supernatural that you would want your medic to be able to at least have a partial skill at alchemy so that they can make cures for the Zombies. Once cured the Zombies would leave the lot. Perhaps a roll for full moons a few days before the full moon that tells you how many cures you can have on hand. If you don't have enough and someone actually comes into contact with a zombie then you would do the whole roll for illness thing and they could possibly die.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 10:56 PM
I'm starting this challenge over in a smaller world because the downloaded world I was using was just too big. Anyways, I've been thinking of doing a story about this and I have already started, so far I have just the prologue. I'm not sure if I'm going to use Twinbrook or Riverview.

Zombie Apocalypse
The Beginning of the End

Prologue:
It was a peaceful day in Twinbrook, everybody got along with one another and the town seemed to be thriving and doing well. In this peaceful town, what the people didn’t know was that some government scientists were experimenting with some pretty dangerous chemicals in order to create “super-humans” which would be immune to any and all illness and have strengths that were unimaginable. Unfortunately, this experiment was a huge failure and instead of making a serum for a “super-human”, the effects of this serum caused the test subjects to lose all sense of their humanity and who they were, becoming an instinct driven, hollow shell of what they once were.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 5:44 PM
Well, I am a week into the challenge. My first outing roll, I rolled to find someone new to bring back. I ended up with a handyman, teacher, solider, architect, farmer, and hunter. I was surprised by how quickly they all got along within three days, I had three couples. By the fourth day they were all married. Handyman to the architect, farmer to the hunter, and teacher to the solider. My teacher is currently pregnant.

Unfortunately, the teacher had painted a couple of paintings and my farmer and hunter both had product to sell, so they headed out to the consignment shop, (the only place in town where the owners are sympathizers) and as they were returning home, my architect was attacked from behind with a blunt force object. So now I have to deal with a Handyman that won't do anything but cry over his broken heart.

He will come around though. Hopefully, I will roll that one to meet someone new again soon.
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 1:37 PM
Mmm interesting
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElenoreMari
So; I'm on day three, and so far I have been extremely lucky with my rolls. As I said earlier, I have a Priest, a Medic, a Teacher, an Engineer and a Welder. The priest is named Father John Casey, the medic is named Alexine Alvara, the teacher is named Raina Myra, the engineer is named Valerie Wyatt and the Welder is named Eitan Az. I tried give them all at least one trait that would be considered 'negative' and may make it harder to live in Monster infested world. For example, Raina has the coward trait and Eitan has the loner trait.
So, Day one rolls around and it is a Sunday, noticing that since I have a Priest that once a week I get a 'free' trip out of the churchyard, I made Raina go buy some food. Which is good since my characters seem to like putting food away in the inventory instead of placing the leftovers into the fridge.
Then Day two comes along and I roll a random number. I was expecting the worse, but surprisingly got a 28; meaning I get a Divine Revelation; aka a safe card. So I'm off to a good start. Next, I realize we desperately need a shower. Everyone is already stinky and my two neat sims are flipping out. I roll to send out the Welder to go scavenge one, and I get an eight; so he gets back safely.
So everything is going pretty well, a romance has broke out between Raina and Eitan, Alexine and Father John and becoming really good friends and Valerie already has a few engineering skill points. But we really need a bed. Everyone is taking naps on the couches and it takes most of the day just to get to the halfway point.

Sounds like your challenge is going well. I lost my Farmer and my Architect on outings, just a couple of days apart. But on an leave lot roll and a regular play roll, I got to move two people back in. I goofed on that a bit. I forgot that I used a preset Sim for one of the women that died. When I replaced her I did so with a woman my daughter made that was already available. Apparently she looks exactly like one of the women that died. Now shes married to the one that died husband. Its weird watching her walk away from him and then have the tombstone over her face image pop up over his head. LOL

I believe I am into my second week now. I have one baby with two more on the way. I ended up installing a cheat that would let me have more than the usual amount of Sims. I'm going to need it. LOL
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 12:57 AM
I wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this challenge. I got a new computer and the only save that transferred over properly was the save for Mysty's Doomsday Countdown. I am playing the three parts of that to get to her save the children and then her Vampire the Masq challenge. I usually play four challenges in rotation but to play her save the children challenge the way I want I need to get through the three parts of the doomsday colony. Once I have I will start this one again with the Masq, save the children, and Mother Russia. Hopefully it won't take to long.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 1:27 AM
Default My thoughts
Just wanted to add that I have tried this challenge and thought it was loads of fun
I love the detail of the challenge. Nicely done!
Instructor
#58 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 7:53 PM
Wow 0~0 I seriously *have* to try this. I've never taken on a challenge that was so structured and had so many rules, I might not be able to handle it x'D But I'm looking forward to trying!
Instructor
#59 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 9:06 PM
Why did this have to be brought to the first page again.
I mean seriously.
I have enough challenges to play already. *sigh*
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 1:03 AM
Default A Holy Zombie Aftermath
So I decided I'd cross this with the "Zombie Aftermath" challenge with the whole stage zero being generation one and stage three being gen 4. So I started in Twinbrook.
I downloaded a church, St Marcus Church and Graveyard, from TSR and converted it to a house. I then rolled for my simmies.
I got an Engineer and a Hunter, then got 9 and 10 again so I put in a medic and Priest. And then I rolled an Architect. Not too shabby.
My Huntress is a lovely lady by the name of Leia Connors. She's in a relationship with her childhood sweetheart, Zachary Jacobs, the Engineer. My medic is a woman by the name of Erica something and her little brother is Michael and he's the architect. And last but by no means least I have the priest, a young woman by the name of Christiane Marcus, a witch who tries her hardest to enhance the enchantment around the church, though she's still getting the hang of this magic thing.
I was having a super time and was around day three when my game crashed. Oh boy. Time to start over in Riverview. Oh yeah, I forgot to save the game. Oh well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 4th May 2014 at 5:59 AM
Woops, back again, trying once more.
Was gunna use my old save, but it seems to have deleted one of the characters randomly.
/blinks
/starts over
/AGAIN
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th May 2014 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Tenshi29 : 14th May 2014 at 6:09 AM.
I plan on trying this with a twist. Not 1 - 12, but 1 - 13. Rolling a 13 gives me a supernatural, which will have to live in a separate area since the humans won't trust them enough to let them into the main building

Then I have to roll again.

1: fairy - gardener of a 4x4 plot of land. If the fairy dies, the plants in that land must be discarded after someone tends to them one last time. They'll live in an area called the "grotto" (surrounded by flowers)

2: werewolf - automatic hunter. They live in an area called the den. (Surrounded by trees)

3: vampire: automatic fighter. They can max out gardening, but can only grow plasma fruit so they don't try to feed on the humans. This only applies if there is no gardener. They live in a crypt. Which will be a basement

4: witch: unique. They can max out alchemy and gardening. They have a 10% chance of casting a protection spell for expeditions off the lot once a week. They live in a tower.

Thoughts?

Get this! When I rolled, my first refugee was a vampire. I would have preferred a fairy, but there you go.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 12:51 AM
I'm trying this once more .... But I need a clarfication ... If you roll a cook, which I did, can you cook only if you have all the ingredients or can you buy meals?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:19 AM
I saw this pop up and I wanted to add to it. This was one of the first Sims 3 challenges I ever played and was one of the reasons I decided to start creating my own challenges. Now almost a year later and after writing several challenges of my own, I wanted to come back and say thanks. I truly loved playing this and I'm inspired to play it again
Instructor
#65 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katysim3
I'm trying this once more .... But I need a clarfication ... If you roll a cook, which I did, can you cook only if you have all the ingredients or can you buy meals?

Only if you have all of the ingredients, unless a daily rolls allows otherwise.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 11:51 PM
picss!]
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:17 PM
So I have rebooted this challenge and my rolls got me; a Medic, Priest, Soldier, Architect, and Farmer. Kinda sturdy don't you think? I'll have to build their church once I decide which town I'll play in; I have every town and a few custom worlds. I suppose we'll see... I did add Martial Arts to the Soldier's Full Skills and am planning on having it as a church/dojo maybe o3o
Test Subject
#68 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:08 PM
I recently started and got a fighter (Andrew) , priest(John), farmer (Dixie), welder(Percy) and a handyman(William). Percy and Dixie are both teens and a little romance is starting From the rolls, I got a medic (Brianna). I really like this challenge!
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:55 PM
Here are my sims:
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 2:13 PM
got so many 4s and 12s... ended up with a Cook, Artist Priest (chosen) Farmer (chosen) then I got another 4, rolled again, got a 1, rolled again and got a Medic. Are you sure random.org is pure random?
Test Subject
#71 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 3:25 AM
I REALLY want to try this. Unfortunately I'm to busy to read the details right now but I'm going to copy the link for when I have time. I will most certainly try this out!
Page 3 of 3