Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:16 PM
Default Settling Down
Settling Down

Intro
You’ve been your parents least favorite child for as long as you can remember. You think back about your childhood, and realize, it does kind of make sense, you were a rebel. But now that has passed, you are a responsible young lady (man is fine too but for the story’s sake). You have grown up to find that you love children, and decide that you are going to enjoy a family-oriented life. You just need to find someone who feels the same…

Requirements
None! This is base-game friendly, but yes, it will be more fun if you have other expansion packs, especially Generations.

Picking the Town
You can choose any town you want. That’s the glory of this challenge, it can be set up anywhere. I personally would choose a suburban kind of town like Sunset Valley, but it is your choice.

Creating Your Sims
Your founder is the only person you will be creating in CAS (Create-A-Sim). Make sure you like them because you’ll be seeing them awhile.

Looks and Clothes
-Give your founder some normal looking hair, (maybe you can add some faded un-natural color since she was a rebel in her Teen years, but that’s it. And if you do that you must re-dye it once she ages up into an Adult.) try to make it look parent like.
-If you have multiple expansions, I would filter the clothes to show only the base game because I feel that those have the most parental looking clothes.

Traits
There is only one required trait and that’s Family-oriented. Although, if you have Generations I recommend that you add Nurturing to their traits.

LifeTime Wish
Choose the Surrounded by Family option.

Jumping Into the World
Now that you’re in the world, it’s time for your founder to find another Sim. This Sim MUST have the Family-Oriented trait and/or the childish trait. (Hint, if you’re in Sunset Valley aim to get Leighton Sekemoto or Gobios Koffi if you started out with a female Sim and are looking for a male Sim. If you started out with a male Sim and are looking for a female, go for Zelda Mae,
and some other Sims. You’re out of luck for a family oriented Sim unless you want to break up some household and seduce married women.)

Finding a Partner
Once you find your (wo)man, move them in and start a family!

Starting Your Family
Okay, you finally had your kid and they aged up into a toddler. Your first question if you hate raising kids is probably, “Can I age them up?” The answer: No. You have to stick with your toddlers, children, and teens until they age up into a Young Adult NATURALLY. Once they do that, get them a job and move them out.

Toddlers
Sorry to break it to you, but you’re going to be teaching your toddlers some skills. The minimum is 2 toddler skills (such as talking, logic, handiness, or music). I recommend that you teach them all the skills you possibly can or else you’re going to have some restrictions in the child age.

Children
You now have your a kid aging up into a child! Yay! But now you have to chose their traits. The question is, what skills did you teach them? If you didn’t teach them how to walk, they’re clumsy. If they aren’t potty trained, then they’re inappropriate. If they can’t talk, they don’t get the charismatic trait, EVER. If you didn’t teach them the logic skill, then your kid can’t be a genius until (s)he learns at least two logic skill points as a child. If they didn’t learn the handiness skill, your child can’t be handy until (s)he learns at least 2 handiness skill points. If they didn’t learn the music trait, your child can’t be virtuoso until (s)he learns at least 2 skill points in any instrument. You see my point?

Your child needs to get at least 2 skills to level 2 and have an A average before they age up into a Teen.

Teens
Your child aged up into a teen! Yay! But now you need to chose their fourth trait. Again, if one of their traits is linked toward a skill and the didn’t get at least 2 skill points in that skill as a child, they may not obtain that trait as of yet.

As a teen, your Sims now have to learn 2 more skills and earn 2 skill points in it. If you wish to not add 2 more skills, then you must add 1 more skill points to each of the skills your Teen already knows.

Young Adults
Your teen has finally reached its end point in the house with their parents. You must now get this Sim a job in a career that reflects one of the skills they have learned (or if they only have two skills learned they can only get a part time job). Then, you must kick this Sim out. You may marry them off first, but after the wedding it’s time to say goodbye. See the options section for another choice if you have the required expansion pack(s).

Once Your Youngest Child Moves Out.
That’s it. You can call the challenge quits once your founder and his/her spouse die, or add another generation that starts with your youngest child. If you chose the second choice, then do not move your youngest child out. They will keep their parent’s house and raise their children in it. That way, your founder and his/her spouse will be able to see their grandchildren.

If you’re playing this challenge multigenerational, make sure to have a cemetery off the lot for all your heirs and their spouses. Make sure that your first founder and his/her spouse is buried their too. If you wish, you can keep the previous generations graves on your lot until the current generations founder AND spouse die. Then move the previous generations graves into the off lot cemetery.

Options
University
Instead of kicking your young adult Sim out after they have their birthday, you can send them to University! Look at their skills and select a major that reflects on them. Then, after your Sim gets their degree, you can get them a job and then you have the option to marry them off. If you do not do this, kick them out. You may do this for your heir as long as his/her parents are still alive.

Generations
Have all (or some) of your teens go through a rebellious phase just like their mother/the first founder. Have them prank houses (ding-dong-ditch) and play pranks on their family members!

Make their imaginary friend come alive! If you’re doing this challenge as a legacy, only do this for the youngest child. If their imaginary friend is of the opposite gender, they can have kids with it!

Have your teens accept the opportunity that makes all the Young Adults to Elders leave the house. Host a party!! If the cops come… You’ll figure it out.

Ambitions
Have your children host at least one bake sale.

World Adventures
Have your family go on a vacation! Take your kids and spouse to Egypt, France, or China! While you’re there, go see the local attractions. If you’re in Egypt, go to the pyramids, if you’re in China, go to the dojo, ect.

Showtime
Go see a SimFest with the whole family! Either boo or cheer on the local acrobats, magicians, and singers.

Seasons
Take your family out on every leisure day to the festivals. Make sure you celebrate Spooky Day by trick-or-treating, on Love Day go on an egg hunt and make sure they spend time with their special someones. *wink wink*. On Snowflake day hold a gift-giving party! And finally on summer leisure day, just go to the festival and have a relaxing day.

Island Paradise
Go to the beach with your household as many times as you can. Or have a boating trip! It’s up to you!

Late Night
Have your eligible Sims in the household go out to a bar on a Friday night. Come home right after the bar closes for the night.

Supernatural
Get one of your Sims interested in alchemy. Have them brew a potion that turns them into a supernatural, make them drink it.

Pets
Have your family adopt a dog, cat, or a horse. Make sure that the children and teens walk the dog/cat or ride the horse. It’s the teen/child’s job to care for them!

Into The Future
Get a PlumBot and have it do all your chores, or it can just be your friend! It’s up to you.

Go into the future to see what your generations will look like as of that moment! Become friends with your descendants, or even become romantically involved with someone in the future!

I hope you have fun with this challenge!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 3:42 AM
How many children are you supposed to have? How do you win? How do you lose? Its a good challenge just a little vague.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vreiff01
How many children are you supposed to have? How do you win? How do you lose? Its a good challenge just a little vague.

You have to have at least one child to keep the challenge going, and you don't really win or lose, it's a kind of challenge that can go on for as long or as short as you like. Sorry that it's a little vague.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 11:46 PM
I did something similar to this challenge once upon a time, of course it was my own variation lol. I may try to write a challenge in my own style with my rules like this one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clobaby
I did something similar to this challenge once upon a time, of course it was my own variation lol. I may try to write a challenge in my own style with my rules like this one.

That'd be awesome! If you do write a challenge I'd love to play it. Hope you write one