Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 11:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Message "Sims isn't installed or installed correctly" when trying to start the game
Hello,

everytime I try to start the game, no matter if from shortcut or from the files, it just gives me this message after pressing "Play". It's not my new custom content, cache files or Saved Sims, I tried that already. Everything worked perfectly the day before. The error just randomly came up after my game crashed once and doesn't go away. I have all of the patches, Windows 8 and play with CDs. Does somebody know how to fix this:/
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 12:04 PM
Is your anti virus set to ignore sims files? Has it updated or run a scan? Check that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Is your anti virus set to ignore sims files? Has it updated or run a scan? Check that.

unfortunately that wasn‘t it, I uninstalled the anti virus and it still doesn‘t work but thanks