Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

31 Recolors of Serinion's Portable Bucket for ablution

by suceress Posted 11th Aug 2020 at 5:13 PM - Updated 16th Aug 2020 at 8:37 AM by suceress : updated info

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:25 AM
LOL yes, a BR 31 flavors joke! Maybe recolor the water in them to be each flavor color of water?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wykkyd
LOL yes, a BR 31 flavors joke! Maybe recolor the water in them to be each flavor color of water?

LOL! That would be funny. I might play around with that at some point. Not sure if it affects the color of the water in use. I'd have to test it out. Medicated right now-- need a root canal & waiting on dental appointment.
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
LOL! That would be funny. I might play around with that at some point. Not sure if it affects the color of the water in use. I'd have to test it out. Medicated right now-- need a root canal & waiting on dental appointment.

You definitely should try that!! It would be hilarious. Flavored water! "Simaskin's and Bobbin's 31 Flavors"

Ouchie... tooth pain is no joke! Hope ya feel better soon!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 1:48 PM Last edited by suceress : 12th Aug 2020 at 3:18 PM.
Are the screenshots showing Ok for everyone? I have a widescreen monitor so everything gets stretched & looks huge on my screen.

Also, I noticed there appears to be a line/mark where the lines on the original bucket were. I don't know if this is from the mesh shape or some hidden overlay, but it is only visible when you go to camera mode and zoom way in. I didn't notice it until I read about using Tab to be able to use camera to zoom in close. I see there is also a dark line inside the bucket that does not go all the way down. I think it's because I didn't think that would show above the waterline so I didn't do darkening all the way down. I'm going to pretend it is a waterline/stain. It's hard to see when not in the camera mode all zoomed in.

The edit button for my my content post has disappeared for me & I'm waiting for moderators to approve the changes & see if the edit button comes back.
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 10:38 PM
@suceress I am unable to place this object. The error says "Object is missing its footprint resource"
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 1:15 AM Last edited by suceress : 13th Aug 2020 at 8:51 AM. Reason: added link
Quote: Originally posted by Wykkyd
@suceress I am unable to place this object. The error says "Object is missing its footprint resource"

That is very strange. No idea why that would be happening. It's only a recolor. Can you place Serinion's original bucket? Only thing I changed at all was textures & swatches.
Someone on the official Sims forums said that it is a sign of a missing CC mesh, but I'm not sure.
Carl's Sims has a guide suggesting how to resolve the issue. Hopefully you won't have to repair or reinstall.
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...p?topic=28926.0

Edit: so it is likely the error is caused by a missing mesh. If anyone gets this same error, please make sure to download Serinion's bucket. The mesh is an improvement on the Maxis one and the object is awesome. Serinion is also awesome. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=629073
I would edit my post to have the notice about downloading the mesh bolded in allcaps and red but I am unable to edit the main post. I think it's because it's under review for changes I was asked to make by admins.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 3:04 AM
thank you this was so much needed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
thank you this was so much needed.

You're very welcome. I was trying to see if I could get other CC creators to do it but started thinking maybe I could try it myself since I have GIMP.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 6:04 PM
Edit: so it is likely the error is caused by a missing mesh. If anyone gets this same error, please make sure to download Serinion's bucket. The mesh is an improvement on the Maxis one and the object is awesome. Serinion is also awesome. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=629073

Hi great recoloring.
I haven't had much time to update my items on modthesims lately. however with the release of eco lifestyle I made some improvement you will find them for free on my patreon.
See you soon
https://www.patreon.com/posts/big-wave-of-38335828

Serinion Studio Patreon page
Find in that extra support, some "rewards" with exclusive objects for patron only.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serinion
Hi great recoloring.
I haven't had much time to update my items on modthesims lately. however with the release of eco lifestyle I made some improvement you will find them for free on my patreon.
See you soon
https://www.patreon.com/posts/big-wave-of-38335828

Awesome! Thank you. I will add that to my main post.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 6:33 AM
Awesome! Thank you. I will add that to my main post.

Thanks, taking a closer look, I realize that my mesh needs to be reworked in order to remove unsightly bumpmapping lines and shadows.
I will correct it tonight

Find in that extra support, some "rewards" with exclusive objects for patron only.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Serinion

Thanks, taking a closer look, I realize that my mesh needs to be reworked in order to remove unsightly bumpmapping lines and shadows.
I will correct it tonight

The shadow inside the bucket was my fault because I thought the waterline was higher. I only darkened the wood at the very top. It would be fixed if I darkened below that as well. But the bumpmapping lines on the outside are visible from close up.
Will I need to redo my recolors or will they automatically put the texture on your reworked mesh if you update the mesh?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 7:24 AM
The shadow inside the bucket was my fault because I thought the waterline was higher. I only darkened the wood at the very top. It would be fixed if I darkened below that as well. But the bumpmapping lines on the outside are visible from close up.
Will I need to redo my recolors or will they automatically put the texture on your reworked mesh if you update the mesh?

This coloring problem it's the shadow mesh. In this time, I didn't know how to rework the shadow mesh. I think your work will be corrected automatically.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 12:29 PM
Thank you! I love having more options!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 7:43 PM
Applesauce! lol
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 5:59 AM
I still need to see about improved recolors with the newer mesh but life has been absolutely crazy. Got hit with 2 hurricanes. Power was out for over 3 weeks with first one then 2 weeks later got hit with another one & power was out for over a week. Raccoons invaded my house & ransacked it. Lost everything in my fridge & freezer TWICE. Tried to use the generator but the breaker for it blew. I'm trying to get back in the creative mood.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 11:27 AM
Since this post things have still been crazy. Had to get a tooth pulled, tore a deltoid and injured my rotator cuff, & my desktop that had my files on it stopped working. Still trying to get it back running. I need to try to remember how to work with GIMP again on my laptop.
Barring that, @Serinion if you would like to use my textures for your newer meshes, please feel free to do so.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 12:26 AM
Thanks