Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 4:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Teens being promoted to adult jobs
It happened more than once that once a teen reaches the top of their career, their jobs is switched to a lvl 3 (I think) adult job and they're not obligated to go to school anymore. Is this a glitch or was it caused by a mod? I have InTeen, InSim and other mods like that. I wish to turn it off iif possible.

One one hand this doesn't annoy me because I can pretend that a teen had to drop out of school because of financial reasons (culinary, slacker for example) or a teen model/musician/gamer was so talented that they decided to be homeshooled to focus on their career. I can always quit job but sometimes I wish it stayed the way it was supposed to.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 6:06 PM
are you using InTeen? If so - that's an expected behaviour (until you use 'no independent teen' addon)

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 7:19 PM
This happens normally with InTeen, but it's supposed to happen once they reach 7 days to adulthood (or 8? can't remember exactly). They are considered a high school graduate at that point and are switched to the adult version of their career track and no longer required to attend school. You'll have to get the no independent teens add-on mentioned by ElaineNualla.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2023 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
This happens normally with InTeen, but it's supposed to happen once they reach 7 days to adulthood (or 8? can't remember exactly). They are considered a high school graduate at that point and are switched to the adult version of their career track and no longer required to attend school. You'll have to get the no independent teens add-on mentioned by ElaineNualla.

Wait, what? I would understand 2 days before adulthood but not half into their teenagehood. My current teen did pass half of her age stage so it's probably that. I have a mod that asks if I wish to promote my sims but can't remember if I get the same option for teens switching to adult careers. I have to look up. I'm glad it's not a glitch and if I'm asked about promoting the teen than it's not a problem turning ot off.

Thank youuu.