Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 10:25 PM Last edited by treena410 : 18th Jun 2009 at 1:57 AM.
Back To Love {completed 6-17-09}
~Kat and Sean were high school sweethearts, but what will happen when they go to different colleges in the fall? Can love find us again after we make the wrong choices?~

Hey everyone! This is my first Sim story ever, so I’d really like feedback to know how it is! I love reading stories on here, so I thought I’d give it a shot. I find that the best inspiration is true life; so believe it or not, this is based on a true story. Names have been changed of course, haha. Anyway – enjoy and let me know what you think!

>>BACK TO LOVE<<

----------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: The Day I Met Sean

My name is Katarina Antonelli – Kat for short. I’m Italian, which I think is way cool. My Father lives in Italy with his new family. One day he decided he didn’t love my mother anymore, so he just packed his bags and went back to Italy. But that’s another story completely. I live with my mom and sister here in Danview Valley. For the most part, I’m a pretty quiet teenager. I enjoy reading, chatting online with my friends, hanging out in the park, and I’m the top of my class.

My sister, Sophia (or Sofie as I like to call her), is the complete opposite of me. She’s older than me by a year and a half, and maybe that’s why she has so much more confidence that I do. She’s so pretty, and boys love her. She dyed her hair blonde and is always telling me that “blondes have more fun.” Maybe so, but brunettes do it better! Haha!
Anyway, this is a story about my life, and more importantly, about love. Even though my father left my mother, I’ve never given up on love. It all started halfway through my Junior year of high school….

::HONK HONK::

Mom was waiting for us in the car.

“Coming, Mamma! Sofie, you look fine! You don’t need any more makeup. Hurry up or we’re going to be late for school!” I barked at my sister on my way out the door. I didn’t want to be late for school because I had a presentation in my first class that morning.

“Yeah yeah,” she replied. Sophia had a bad case of Senioritis. She only had a few more months of high school left and then she’d be leaving for college in the fall.

Luckily, we made it to school just before the bell rang and I gave my presentation for Government class. Mr. Hines told the class he would have the grades by the end of the day and to come back later to have them handed back to us. I knew I did a great job on my project, but I was still eager to find out my grade. I always wanted to make good grades at school to please my mom. I enjoyed learning and doing schoolwork also, but I figured my mom had been let down enough times in life to have to worry about her kids flunking out.

That afternoon as Sophia and I were walking out the school doors I suddenly realized that I forgotten to pick up my project grade.

“Sophia, please come with me! You know how creepy Mr. Hines is, I don’t want to go to his room alone.” I begged my sister.

“Okay Kat, but we have to quick, so we don’t keep Mamma waiting in the car.” She replied. Hurriedly, we ran back to Mr. Hines classroom. I was in such a rush I didn’t notice the boy coming out of the door, and to my utter humiliation, I bumped into him and almost knocked him over.

“I am SOO sorry! I didn’t see you – are you okay?” I asked him as he picked up the papers he had dropped.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about it. I shouldn’t have gotten in your way, haha!” I guess he could tell I was stressing out too much about our collision, because he shot me a gorgeous smile before walking away.

“Sofie, who is that boy? I’ve never seen him before,” I asked as we watched him walk away.

“I don’t know, Kat. Why? Do you like him? You do, don’t you? He is kind of cute!” she taunted back.

“No way! I don’t even know him. Could you stop thinking about boys for just one second? I was only curious why he was talking to Mr. Hines,” I explained. But even as I said it, I knew it wasn’t completely true.

“Well, hon, hate to break this to you, but Mr. Hines does teach more classes than just yours. I’m sure he’s just in a different class period,” said Sophia.

I got my grade from Mr. Hines, and we hurried out to the parking lot to find our mom’s van among the mass of vehicles waiting to pick up kids from school.

Later that day I was minding my own business, relaxing on my bed and daydreaming, as I often do, when I realized that Sophia had joined me. I must have been too caught up in my thoughts to notice her entrance.

“Kat, I found out who your mystery guy is. His name is Sean Riley and he’s in your grade,” she said as I broke my reverie.

“Oh, that’s nice,” I replied.

“Seriously Kat, you need to get out more. You spend too much time daydreaming and with your head in books. Kelli and Damion are coming over tonight; you should hang out with us,” Sophia said. Kelli is our best friend and Damion is her boyfriend.

“Hmmm, maybe,” I replied halfheartedly. Honestly, I didn’t want to hang out tonight. I had a lot of homework to do. Junior year was turning out to be the most demanding.

“So, what were you thinking about anyway? Were you thinking about Sean,” she giggled.

“Sofie! Stop teasing me! I told you already, I don’t even know him,” I said, frustrated. Actually, I had been thinking about Sean, but I didn’t want to let on to that fact, because it would only fuel Sophia’s need to torture me. “I have a lot of homework to do tonight; I was thinking about how to incite an isomerisation reaction in chemistry class.”

“An iso-what?” Sophia seemed dumbfounded,” No, never mind, I don’t want to know. All I’m saying is I think it would be nice to see you happy. Not every guy is like dad you know.”

I was momentarily stunned. It always surprises me at how well my sister knows me. I saw my mom hurt by our dad walking out on her, and deep down I was afraid of getting hurt by guys also. I didn’t know what to say to Sophia, but she had already left my room, so I decided to start on my homework. It was getting late.

Kelli and Damion came over after dinner and spent the evening hanging out in Sophia’s room.

They had gotten tired of repeatedly dying at video games, so they had started talking. Sophia, being the busybody that she was, decided to dig up more information on Sean. Damion said that he knew Sean’s best friend Pete and that from everything he knew Sean seemed to be a great guy.

“So he’s smart nice, and cute? He sounds perfect for Kat! We just need to think of a way to get them together,” schemed Sophia.

“Well,” Kelli offered, “Damion and I are going bowling Friday night. Why don’t we make it a group thing and you and Kat could come. We’d just have to think of a way to get Sean there.”

Damion spoke up, “I’m pretty sure that I can talk Pete into coming, and I’ll tell him to invite Sean.

“That’s great you guys! We can get them having fun together and maybe sparks will fly!” said Sophia, “I’ll go ask Kat now if she’s up for it. This could be hard because I think she’d tired of me badgering her today.”

“Come in!” I called when I heard the knock at my door. I was typing out a 5 page report over ‘The Crucible’ for English class. I turned around and saw Sophia enter my room.

“Hey sis, what’s up?” she asked.

I stood up and stretched my limbs; it was good to take a little break from writing. I knew she wanted something because Sophia never just wants to talk for the sake of small talk.

“Kat, do you want to go bowling with Kelli, Damion and me Friday night? Damion’s going to bring some friends too, maybe Sean will be there!” Sophia said enthusiastically.

It figured that she would be trying to set me up. I was a little bit irritated and felt like my sister was plotting against me, but Sean was really cute and I knew I was starting to like him the more she talked it up. Truthfully, I wanted to have fun with my friends and if he was there, that would just be a bonus.

“Okay, I’ll come. I do need a break,” I answered. “But please don’t do anything to embarrass me Sofie.”

“Aww, but where’s the fun in that?” Sophia teased. “I’m so glad you’re coming, it’s going to be so much fun!!”

We hugged and then she left me to my homework. I hoped she was right.

Back in her room, Sophia gave the thumbs up to Kelli and Damion.
“Our plan is in motion! Kat agreed to come. Now we just have to think of a way to get them alone together…”

5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 7:03 PM
Chapter 2: Ditched!

Damion caught up with Pete in the hallway after class.

“Hey, you guys coming bowling tonight?” Damion asked.

“Yeah,” Pete replied. “Sean didn’t have plans. Thanks for asking D.”

“Not a problem, see you guys there!”

Pete had thought it was weird that Damion wanted to hang out with Sean. The two of them didn’t usually hang out, but once he’d learned that Sophia Antonelli was trying to hook up her sister with Sean, Pete had agreed to help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I was giving myself one last look over in the mirror before heading out that night. I couldn’t help but smile to think that I was only a few minutes away from hanging out with the cute guy I’s met at school only a couple of days ago. Despite myself, I was really looking forward to it. And who knows? Maybe we’d hit it off.

I was imagining myself flirting with Sean and must have gotten really into it because I heard laughter behind me.

I turned around and was shocked to see Sophia standing in my room.

“Don’t you knock?!” I screamed.

“Not if it means missing a show like this!” she laughed. “Well…is he a good kisser?? Hahaha!”

I threw a pillow at my sister and then grabbed my purse.

We met up with Kelli and Damion at the bowling alley. We were picking out our balls when Sean and Pete showed up. He was looking so good that night and I could feel my heart beating faster.

“Why don’t you go over there and talk to him, Kat.” She suggested.

“Nah, I wouldn’t know what to say,” I replied.

“Well, just take my lead on how I flirt with Damion,” she said as she walked over to our lane.

“D! I need a kiss for good luck” said Kelli brazenly and gave her boyfriend a very showy kiss.

There’s no way I could take her lead! I mean, Damion was her boyfriend, they’d known each other for months, and I had never even had a conversation with Sean. This was totally different.

“Hey, Pete’s kind of cute, in a dorky way, don’t you think so?” said Sophia as I took my seat next to her.

“Uh, sure Sofie.” I rolled my eyes. My sister was always thinking about boys.

Sean was sitting right behind me but I still couldn’t find my courage to talk to him. He seemed to be busy talking to Pete anyway, and I didn’t want to interrupt. I was beginning to think that I would never get my chance.

“Yipee!! I knocked down all but one!” Kelli shouted as she jumped up and down. “You’re up Kat!”

As I stepped up to grab my ball, I saw Damion and Pete nudging Sean up for a turn as well.

Sean got up and came toward me. My palms started to sweat as I reached for my ball.

“Good luck, Kat” said Sean as he gave me a thumbs up and then winked at me. I think my heart just skipped a beat.

I could hear Sophia and Kelli whispering behind me as I stepped up to the line. I figured they were just talking about ‘how cute’ Pete was or something stupid. I totally didn’t expect what happened next.

As I hurtled the ball down the lane, I hear rapid footsteps behind us. Unfortunately I only knocked down three pins, but that suddenly didn’t matter when I turned around and realized that everyone had left us!!

#3 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 9:46 PM
this story is really good,
your a really good writer and i can't believe this is your first story,
keep writing!
cant wait for next update!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#4 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:13 PM
I like it very much can't wait to see what happens!!!

and I LOVE Kelli's hair!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:48 PM
Charley and Lunatic - thanks so much for the nice comments! It inspires me to know that people are reading and liking the story.
Lunatic - Kelli's hair is here with lots of neat recolors: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=66174

The best stories come from real life. Check out my Sim story at S2C:
Back To Love
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:51 PM
I just found this story and im hooked
#7 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:05 AM
YAY thank you Treena :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 10:07 PM
Chapter 3: Alone With Sean

“Looks like they bailed,” Sean said once he noticed what had happened as well.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said back. “You’re Sean, right?” He nodded and I hoped he didn’t think I was some psycho stalker. After all, he had no reason to think I knew his name. “I’m sorry they ran off like that Sean. They’re probably playing a prank on us, we should go look for them.”

We checked the bathrooms and the parking lot, but Sophia’s car was gone and there was no sign of our friends anywhere. I guessed that they were all having a good laugh at my expense right about now.

“Don’t worry about it Katarina,” Sean said when he noticed I was getting worried.” I drove Pete here, so my car is outside. I can give you a ride home.”

“Oh, okay, that would be nice,” I grinned up at him, trying not to look overly excited to be alone with him. “And, you can call me Kat, everyone else does.”

“Katarina is a beautiful name. Is it Greek?” he asked.

“Italian, actually. It means ‘pure.’” I couldn’t hold in my smile this time.

Sean flashed me the gorgeous smile that I’d been dreaming about all week. “Well, Katarina, I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty hungry. There’s a small Diner next door, would you like to grab a bite before we leave?”

Really? Seriously? Did Sean just ask me to have dinner with him? My stomach was doing flips, and not from hunger. I could only manage to nod in agreement.

As I looked over the menu, I settled on getting some fries. I couldn’t hold down a big meal seeing as my stomach was all in knots from sitting so close to Sean. He was a pretty quiet guy, which only made him that much hotter to me; it added that sense of mysteriousness that Sophia always gushes about in the guys she goes out with. Huh… I guess I have learned some stuff from my sister, as different as we are. I was turning out to be boy crazy just like her! At least about this boy.

I watched Sean out of the corner of my eye – hey, I didn’t want to gawk and have him catch me! He was sooo cute! I mean, how did I get this lucky?

As the waitress delivered our food I figured I’d better start talking. A girl can’t be thought of as dull, can she?

So, we talked about school and what subjects we were taking. We must have gotten pretty caught up in gossiping about our teachers because before I knew it our plates were empty and the bill had come. That’s right, one bill. Argh, don’t you just hate when they don’t split the bill? I mean, it wasn’t like this was a date… well, I guess it COULD have looked that way. Oh no, I was getting nervous! Was this a date? I quickly reached in my purse and threw some money on the table for my portion before it became awkward. Sean just gave me a weird look and handed the bill with our cash to the waitress.

I realized that my time with Sean was running out, he’d be taking me home now that we were done with dinner. I don’t know what came over me next, either wanting to spend more time with him, or not wanting to go home just yet to face Sophia’s taunting – probably both – but I asked Sean if he wanted to play a game of pool in the game room. He said yes! Great… he could show off his skills while I showed off my suckiness. Maybe that wasn’t the best idea…

Sean kept staring at me as I played and I was nervous beyond belief at this point – was he checking me out? I tried to brush off my awkwardness, but I couldn’t and I sent the white ball flying up off the table! I was so embarrassed! Sean laughed at me playfully and showed me how to shoot correctly. I got the hang of it and actually won a game! I think he tried to lose on purpose, but oh well.

We played 2 games of pool and then gave up the table because we ran out of quarters. Just as well, I needed to get home anyway.

Sean drove me home in silence. He seemed preoccupied and I was such a ball of nerves that I couldn’t think of anything decent to say. The only thing I could come up with was school and I didn’t want him to think that school was my life. I mean, it is, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t have time for a boyfriend! I totally didn’t want to come off a major nerd so I just kept quiet.

Actually, there were a couple of times that I saw Sean looking at me out of the corner of my eye. He seemed like he was about to say something, but when I would look over at him he would quickly focus on the road again. Can you believe it – I was actually wishing that Sophia was here to help the conversation! She always knows just what to say and how to get what she wants. Sometimes I really envy my sister. I sighed. This night couldn’t possibly be more awkward…

“Well, this is it,” I said as Sean pulled over in front of my house. To my surprise he got out of the car and walked me to the door.

“Oh, you really didn’t have to walk me to my door,” I began. It was then that I saw Sophia peering out her bedroom window at us. I was so going to kill her when I got inside!

“It’s okay,” Sean said as he nervously shifted his weight. “I was hoping that the extra walk would give me time to build up the courage to ask you out.”

I stood there for a moment trying not to gape.

“Of course I would love to go out with you!” I nearly shouted. “I mean… cool.” Ugh, I totally came off as eager. Forget Sophia, I was going to scream at myself when I got inside.

“Really? How about tomorrow night? I can pick you up at 7,” he said.

I agreed and we said goodbye.

When I went inside I stood at the door and watched Sean walk back to his car. I couldn’t believe my luck! The total hottie I had been crushing on all week just asked me out!

I swear I saw Sean pumping his fist in the air like he’d just won the big game as he reached for his car door. But I could have just imagined it.

When Sean pulled off I decided I didn’t want to face Sophia just now and I fled to the privacy of my room. Unfortunately, I found my big sis had already beaten me to it! She was lounging on my bed with a smirk on her face when I walked in. I was SO not in the mood!

“Get out of my room Sofie! I don’t want to talk to you right now!” I shouted. “How dare you ditch me? Do you have any idea how humiliated I was?”

“Well, you didn’t seem so humiliated when Sean asked you out just now,” she said hastily. “We did you a favor!”

She had me there; I wasn’t exactly suffering at the thought of going out with the guy they left me with. I suddenly couldn’t think about being angry at her because I just wanted to gush about the fact that I had a date tomorrow night! I told her all about what happened after everyone left us at the bowling alley.

“I’m so excited for you Kat!” Sophia and I hugged, forgiving each other for fighting only moments before. “Okay, so what are you going to wear?” she asked curiously.

That night as we stayed up talking about everything from what I should wear to what I should say, I was very thankful for having a sister like Sophia.

Coming up next time - the date! Thanks for reading!

Back To Love
#9 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 4:17 AM
Your story is wonderful. But mine's kinda weird..
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 4:56 AM
Excellent first story. Very enjoyable.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 10:01 AM
great update
can't wait to see what happens at the date :D
keep updating!

#12 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 10:28 AM
nice story
#13 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 2:37 PM
I really like the story! Please update soon :-)
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 7:57 PM
I can't wait for an update!
I love the part where their bowling and everybody just runs away!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 8:01 AM
chapter 4: The Date

I had spent all day wondering if I had just imagined being asked out by Sean but Sophia had talked me out of my nervousness and helped me get ready.

“My stupid hair never does what I tell it to!” I whined, trying yet again to make it stay to the side instead of flopping into my face.

“You look great, silly!” Sophia said, rolling her eyes. Usually she would be the one getting ready for a date on a Saturday night.

The doorbell rang, cueing my heart to skip a beat.

“Wow! Sean’s lookin’ good tonight!” said Sophia, looking through her window at Sean waiting on the front porch. She smiled at me and then rushed me out of her room.

“Have fun, sis! And remember not to talk about yourself too much. You want to talk about him, guys like that!” I heard her say as I met Sean on the front porch.

When I’d gotten into Sean’s car there was a single pink rose on my seat. He’s so thoughtful! After a short drive we pulled up to the fanciest restaurant in town. It even had a valet service that parked the car for us!

We were seated at a private corner table with romantic lamps and fresh roses in the center. Sean sat down in the middle chair, forcing me to sit beside him rather than across from him. Sneaky sneaky, but I was happy to be closer to him.

The waitress came over after a while for our orders as we were taking in the ambiance of the place and making small talk.

I asked Sean about himself, just like Sophia advised. What kind of music did he listen to, his favorite subject in school, and favorite movies. We had some things in common and I found out that Sean was really smart, like me. He wanted to be a doctor and on the weekends he worked at a local nursing home.

Sean smiled at me and I couldn’t help but notice that he looked nervous, and oh so cute! I couldn’t believe what happened next. Sean reached over and took my hand in his.

“Kat, this is sort of embarrassing,” Sean said, fidgeting in his seat, “but I’m glad you agreed to go out with me. I couldn’t stop thinking about you after that day we ran into each other at school. I’m glad that our friends ditched us last night.”

I blushed, but couldn’t hide my excitement. “I was thinking about you all week too Sean.”

The waitress came back with our bill before we were even done eating. I guess we had spent most of the evening talking that we’d forgotten to actually eat. We quickly finished and paid her.

The restaurant had a bar and lounge area with a big inviting fireplace. Neither of us wanted to night to end so soon, so we took a seat in front of the fireplace. We sat there talking for probably half an hour.

Then Sean scooted closer to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I felt so secure in his arms.

We sat there holding hands and watching the embers burn for a long time.

Sean walked me to my door again and I wondered if he was going to kiss me. I was hoping he would.

“Goodnight Katarina, I had a great time and I hope we can go out again,” he said softly into my ear as he hugged me.

“Definitely,” I replied, my heart beating fast now.

He leaned in and kissed me goodnight. It was quick, but soft and magical. As he walked back to his car I heard him call, “see you at school,” and then he was gone, into the night.

I stood on the porch for a while, trying to memorize the curve of his face and taste of his lips. It was the best date I’d ever been on and despite the short time I’d known Sean, I was starting to fall for the boy.

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone! They are really encouraging.

I apologize for not having a picture of Sean and Kat's kiss. I thought I had taken one, and it's too late to stage another because their sims have grown up for later parts of the story.

Sorry!! This was a quick update mainly to show what a sweet guy Sean is, but the story will pick up soon. :nod:

Next time: The end of Junior year.

Back To Love
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 4:36 PM
wow your fast at updating! but thats a good thing :D
haha great as always

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 8:08 PM
LoL, simcharley. I have all the pictures for chapters 1-7 ready, so all I have to do is write the story behind them. But I can't guarantee later chapters will be so quick!

Back To Love
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 4:05 PM
oo that explains it lols,
and just read your siggy, its a true event?! :D
EDIT; rated your story a 5. :P

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 10:15 PM
Thanks! You're awesome! And yes, this is based on one of my friend's mom (Kat, but that's not her real name). When I get done with this story I am going to make the story of my grandmother. Real life is the best story!

Back To Love
#20 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 11:55 AM
This story is so intresting. Please keep on updated
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:07 PM
The next chapter has about 30 pictures in it, and I have the first part done, but I also have a friend in from out of state, so I've been busy with entertaining. The next chapter should be up early next week. Sorry for the delay, I know I usually get them up quick.
Spicy: I will definitely keep updating, I like the story too much not to!

Back To Love
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 11:14 PM
Chapter 5: Family - part 1
Ignore my last comment, I had some free time today and was able to finish it earlier than I thought.
Chapter 5 is in 2 parts because I exceeded the picture limit.

Note: Nonna and Nonno are Italian words for Grandmother and Grandfather, respectively. So when Kat is talking about Nonna, she means her grandmother. It’s her pet name for them, not their actual names, LOL. That would be strange if their names were so similar. Also, I don’t speak Italian, and found those meanings on the internet, so if they are wrong I apologize to anyone who speaks Italian!

Oh my gosh! I can’t believe how fast Junior year is flying by. My first date with Sean was 3 months ago, so let me recap what’s been going on since then.

For Christmas break, Momma took Sophia and me to visit our Grandparents who live in New York. It was good to see family that we don’t see much. Nonno had the best stories about his life in Italy before his parents came to the US. We had a ton of fun in the snow with our cousins! We don’t get as much snow in the south where we live.

Nonna wasted no time in asking me if I had a boyfriend. It was the first time I could answer the question with a ‘yes’ and I found myself blushing profusely when Nonna asked me all about Sean and his family. Nonno grunted and muttered something under his breath in Italian, which I didn’t understand.

“Oh, my darling Kat, ignore your Nonno.” My grandmother said, “He only says he wants you to marry an Italian boy, but I say you are young and happy and there is plenty of time before you get married. We can introduce you to some nice Italian boys when you are older.”

The holiday passed but those words stuck with me. I couldn’t believe my grandparents would expect me to marry for tradition rather than love, how unfair! The car trip home was the first time I was alone with Momma and Sophia, and I brought up what Nonna had said. Sophia said that I had gotten off easy; when she turned 14 Nonno lectured her on the importance of marrying into another Italian family, probably because she was the oldest child. Momma told me not to worry about it; she only wanted me to be happy no matter who I married. Her parents had arranged her marriage to my father, and he ended up leaving her.

I decided that I was too young to think about getting married anyway, and pushed the thoughts out of my mind.

Now that school had started again I got to see Sean almost every day and it was no surprise that he asked me to Junior Prom the minute that announcements went up. Kelli was going with Damion, and she’d confided in me that she was planning on sleeping with him for the first time after Prom. Sophia wasted no time in asking Pete to the Prom. He was in her grade and they had gone out a few times after that night at the bowling alley.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It was hard for me to think about anything other than Prom the whole month leading up to it... dinner, the limo, the dress, hair, nails – I was so caught up in it all. I never considered myself the type of girl who goes on a lot of dates, or puts much emphasis on makeup and fashion, but I was enjoying my moment of being a girly girl.

Kelli came to our house to get ready, and we goofed off until the guys picked us up for pictures. When the boys arrived, Sean was practically tripping over himself to tell me how beautiful I looked. I had picked out a lovely turquoise, sequined gown a few weeks ago. Sophia said it complemented my skin and hair. I didn’t know about that, but I felt like a real princess in that dress.

Prom was so much fun! We danced a lot, well, everyone except for Damion. He said he didn’t like to dance and Kelli went ahead without him. My favorite part of the night was slow dancing with Sean.

After Prom, Kelli and Damion parted ways with the group. I don’t know why, but she never wanted to talk about what happened that night. The rest of us just went home, exhausted.

Before I knew it, it was the last day of school. When I got there, Sean was waiting for me by my locker.

“If you aren’t doing anything tonight, would you want to come to my house for dinner?” he asked.

“You mean, with your dad?” I returned his question with a question. I had never met Sean’s parents before, he lived with his dad and his mom was away on business.

“Well, yeah, if you want to.” He said. “Kat, you’re very important to me and I want my dad to know you, plus he’s a great cook.”

I agreed and smiled at the thought of our relationship progressing. We kissed each other in the hallway before heading to our exams. Normally, I didn’t like seeing public displays of affection at school, but we were in that stage. You know the one I’m talking about, when all you want to do is make out.

Momma drove me over to Sean’s house for dinner at 6 o’clock. Mr. Riley had made spaghetti with meatballs, and it was almost as good as my Nonna’s authentic Italian recipe.

I found out that Sean’s dad worked at the state capital, and his mom was an Architect. She was currently living in Tokyo working on an 8 month long project. Sean was an only child and wasn’t close to his mom at all since she was often gone on work projects.

We made small talk over dinner and Sean told his dad how we met and how our friends had played a part in setting us up, which his dad found pretty amusing.

“So Katarina, are you planning on going to college at Sim State?” his dad asked me curiously. Sim State was the local university, and Mr. Riley’s Alma Matter. He’d been pushing Sean to go there after high school.

“I don’t know where I want to go yet, maybe out of state. I’ve already gotten some scholarship offers if I keep my grades next year. But I do know that I want to study medicine and maybe be a Nurse, like my mom.” I replied.

I really liked Sean’s dad and I hoped he liked me too, since he and Sean were so close.

School was finally out for the summer! Kelli was leaving tomorrow to spend the summer with her Aunt in California, so we all got together one last time at the skate center. It was the last time we’d all be together as a group because Pete and Sophia were leaving for college in a few months.

“Hey guys! Watch this! I can do a jump twist!” Kelli hollered as she started spinning.

Hahaha! We all laughed when she landed on her butt in the middle of the skate floor, I helped my friend up and she laughed with us, “I guess I’m not a figure skater after all.”

Sean and I skated to the slow songs, but I was a little worried about Kelli. She seemed to be avoiding Damion that night.

Back To Love
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 11:15 PM
Chapter 5: Family - part 2
When Sean drove me home, I didn’t want the night to end. Summer meant not seeing him as much, since he’d be working more. Momma was working a late shift at the hospital and Sophia had gone over to Kelli’s house to help her pack, so I asked Sean if he wanted to come in for a little while. We were watching TV and Sean pulled me into his lap.

“I love you Katarina,” he said very slowly and seriously.

I wasn’t expecting him to say those three little words so soon, but I knew I felt the same. “I love you too Sean.”

He kissed me, and we got a little carried away.

“Can we go to your room?” he asked between breaths. In the back of my mind I was thinking that things were going too fast, but mostly I was just caught up in the moment and I agreed.

The next thing I knew, we were in my room and had lost our clothes. Sean very gently laid me back onto my bed.

We had made out before, but never more than that. Sean laid me back onto my pillows and his hands started wandering all over me. I loved Sean, and my body wanted to continue what we doing, but this wasn’t how I wanted it to be. I mean, I didn’t even remember what happened to my clothes.

“Sean, wait. I can’t!” I sobbed, pushing him away and standing up.

“Kat, I’m so sorry. I don’t know… I just wanted to make you happy,” Sean said, taking my hands in his.

“I am happy! Just being with you makes me happy,” I replied. “But, I don’t think I’m ready to get physical with you yet.”

“I will never do anything that you don’t want me to, I do love you. I’m sorry,” he said.

I knew his words were true. Sean would never hurt me or force me to do anything. I hugged him and told him how lucky I was to have a boyfriend like him.

We found our clothes and got dressed. I was a little embarrassed about confiding in Sean that I was waiting until marriage to have sex, but I knew he needed to know where I stood. He wasn’t upset like I thought he would be, but instead told me that he was willing to wait however long I wanted.

That summer was amazing, but it flew by quickly. Sean had picked up more hours at the nursing home, and I volunteered a few days a week at the hospital my mom worked at.

Before I knew it, Sophia was leaving for college at Sim State.

“Wake up sleepy head!” she said barging into my room. “Don’t you want to see your big sis off to college? Or were you hoping to never see me again?”

I rubbed the sleep crusties out of my eyes and threw on some clothes.

I ran out to the front porch to say goodbye and saw Momma hugging Sophia and crying.

A taxi had come to take Sophia to college. Momma couldn’t take her since she had to be at work in half an hour. Luckily, Pete was going to Sim State also and had already moved in to his dorm. He would help Sophia unpack and she wouldn’t be totally alone in a new place. We were going to go up to the campus in two days to help Sophia set up her dorm room and get settled in.

I was really going to miss my sister. She had been with me my whole life and we’d never been apart for more than a couple of weeks. Despite our differences, and the fact that I wasn’t exactly “cool” enough to hang out with her at school, we were best friends. Sophia could see the tears starting to well up in my eyes and gave me a long hug.

“Don’t worry, Kat. You can come visit me anytime and I’ll be back for Christmas in a few months,” she said. “Until then, I’m only a phone call away. We’re not just friends, we’re family, and sisters are forever.”

We watched Sophia get into the taxi, her belongings piled up in the back.

We waved from the porch as the cab drove Sophia away, to her new college life.

I knew I had to start thinking about college too. At this same time next year I would be the one leaving for college.

Coming up next: Where will Kat go to college? What happened between Kelli and Damion after the Prom?

Back To Love
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:44 AM
Sean is so sweet! I can't wait to see what happens! And I'm curious to know what's the problem between Kelli and Diamon :p
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 5:12 PM
fantastic update :D

Page 1 of 16