Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 10:15 PM
Chapter 11 - part 1: The Proposal
Hey guys! Thanks for reading, I really love hearing from new readers and continuing readers. This chapter had too many pictures so I split it into two parts.

Summer was finally here! I was spending the break at Nonna and Nonno’s house. There really wasn’t a reason for me to go home since Momma was working full time, Sophia was spending the summer with Pete at his family’s summer house in Florida, and Sean and his dad were visiting his mom in Spain. She had a new project and was flying them out for the summer months to be with her. Nonna had invited me to stay with her for the summer, and I didn’t see any reason not to, so I packed my things and headed to New York.

Nonna had once again set up a guest bedroom for me, and as I unpacked, I wondered what the summer had in store from me, so far away from my friends.

I spent most of my time on my computer, and reading. Nonno and Nonna were gone a lot, and I found myself alone most of the time.

I talked to Sean whenever I could. We could only talk a few times a month since he was overseas. He told me all about Spain and the places they visited. We had already made plans for him to visit me the day he got back in two months.

Really, the only person I knew here was Emilio. He still came over to help my grandparents. The first week I was here, my grandparents got him to show me around town. He’s a good guy and we have a lot to talk about, especially school. He had a little sister that came over to play in our pool a lot. I was becoming friends with both of them, but I missed Kelli and Sean.

-------------------------------------------

One morning over breakfast, Nonna told me that she and Nonno had to leave town for a few weeks. Nonno’s brother was very sick and the doctors had only given him 2 weeks to live. My grandparents needed to be with him and help the family make arrangements for when he passed away. I had never met the man, and they needed someone to stay here, so I was given the place to myself. Of course, they reminded me that Emilio would be around if I needed anything.

Kelli came up to keep me company for 2 weeks. Our favorite thing to do was lounge by the pool. Emilio was cleaning the pool one day while we were lounging and Kelli was gawking at him.

“Kat, who’s the hottie with the body?” she asked, practically drooling.

“Oh, that’s Emilio, our neighbor,” I answered. We continued sunbathing in silence. I was relaxing in the warm sun with my eyes closed when I heard Kelli let out a little gasp, and felt her nudge my arm.

I couldn’t help it. My eyes were glued to him as he climbed out of the pool, water dripping down his physique.

“I’m done for the day, is there anything else you want me to do?” Emilio asked, walking over to my chair.

“Oh, no thanks, we’re okay,” I replied.

“Okay, but give me a call if you two ladies get scared… or just lonely,” he winked at us and walked inside.

“Okay, Kat, what is up with the hottie neighbor?” Kelli asked mischievously as we got ready for bed that night.

“Emilio? He’s a family friend I guess. He helps my grandparents around the house. It’s nice,” I told her.

“Yeah… you’re telling me you aren’t the least bit attracted to him?” she pried.

“No! I don’t think about guys like that, I love Sean,” I protested.

“Come on, not even a little? Obviously, the guy adores you. He was watching you all day. Oh come on, Kat, let’s give him a call,” she begged. “We can say we heard a noise and thought it was the boogie man!”

I chose not to believe her claim. Emilio was never anything but friendly towards me. Besides, I had a boyfriend.

Sean was finally home from Spain and came to see me as soon as his plane landed. His flight landed in New York and his dad got a hotel room in town. I’d insisted that he go home and get some rest; he could always come to visit next week, but he couldn’t wait. He sounded nervous on the phone, but I credited it to him being jetlagged and excited to be home.

He picked me up and took me to a restaurant that looked very familiar. It was the same place we went on our first date. Well, not the SAME place, but a different location of the same restaurant.

Okay, women generally pick up on little hints. Sean and I had been dating for over 2 years, and while we were young, that’s a long time in the dating world. Not to mention, Sean was acting weird, and had made a point of recreating our first date. Oh, and was that a bulge in his pocket? I found myself fearing the one question that most women wait their whole lives for. I wasn’t ready to get married! I got so nervous that I found myself shoving food into my mouth without thinking.

“Whoa, slow down honey. I don’t want you choking,” Sean said, half laughing at me. I set down my fork and took a deep breath.

“That’s better,” he smiled, touching my cheek. “Kat, I want to tell you something. I love you so much, and all I’ve ever wanted is to make you happy.”

Sean reached into his pocket and withdrew a small black box.
“Katarina, I would be honored to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?”

I didn’t know what emotion was on my face. I was partly terrified, although I had to admit, a little excited also.

I picked up the ring box and peeked inside.

“Oh Sean, how did you afford this? It’s beautiful!” I gasped.

“You like it?” he said, clearly relieved. It must be a tough job for a guy to pick out a diamond for his girlfriend hoping it’s the right one for her.

“Sean, this is too overwhelming, I can’t think right now,” I said, avoiding eye contact. Sean looked at me, puzzled.

“I just need a little more time. I love you. I do Sean, with all of my heart. But can I please have some time to think about this?” I pleaded. “This is a major step.”

“Oh,” he sighed, clearly disappointed. “I guess a little more time couldn’t hurt.”

I started to hand the ring back to him, but he stopped me.

“No, Kat, it’s yours. I want you to wear it,” he insisted.

I slipped the diamond ring on my finger and gazed at it.

The ring had a mesmerizing quality - the more I looked at it the more I wanted to say yes. But I couldn’t say yes to a ring. I had to do what my heart was telling me, and it was telling me that I wasn't ready.

Next: The aftermath. Where will Kat's heart take her?

The best stories come from real life. Check out my Sim story at S2C:
Back To Love
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 10:26 PM
Okay, so I've noticed that I always vary on if I put the pictures or the text describing them first. Not on purpose, I just plain don't remember how I did it the time before. I'm liking it with text first, that way a picture doesn't ruin the story before you get there. What do you think? Is that easier to read?

Back To Love
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 11:12 PM
The picture is better after the text I think...

Great chapter by the way! I think there is a slight chance of Kat not being with Sean anymore, because her heart is saying she's not ready, and she's been with him for so long, maybe it's time to move on...
#54 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 4:14 AM
Emilio Emilio Emilio <333 lol

I want problems and I can smell problems from the Italian side!! I loved this chapter, sean is sweet as always.

You updated this story REALLY fast! I had no internet for almost a week and there is already three new chapters, you're amazing lol.

well.. as for the pictures and the text, I agree with oasis.. it is better with the text before the pic
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 4:43 AM
Lol, 'problems' are coming! The story is moving slower than I intended, but that's because I take so many freakin pictures!! I feel bad if I don't use alot, so there kept being repeats of dates and unimportant stuff. I'll try to speed it along next time. Thanks you guys for the input!

Back To Love
#56 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:03 PM
I envy you. Your great with the pictures and the story. I need help from my bro!
Plus, it's all so ORIGINAL. I love it! Congrats and Good luck!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:35 PM
Chapter 11 - part 2: The Aftermath
The drive back to my grandparents’ house was awkward, but what would you expect after a disappointing proposal?

As soon as we got to my room, Sean broke the silence. “Kat, come on, PLEASE tell me why you can’t say yes. Do you not love me?”

“Sean,” I began weakly, “Of course I love you and want to spend my life with you! But I need to think about school right now. I’m not ready to get married. We’re only 19! We both have three years of school left, and probably more after that.”

“I can’t believe you! You’ve spent the last two years talking about our future together and here I am giving you what I THOUGHT you wanted, and you throw it right back in my face!” Sean yelled at me. “Do you know how long I have saved my money to get you that ring?”

I had never seen him so upset, but I knew that his anger was only his way of protecting his broken heart right now. I felt so bad for rejecting him, but I needed a few more years. Was that wrong?

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have yelled at you,” he began to cool off. “This isn’t about the ring. I just don’t… don’t know what I did wrong.”

“You haven’t done anything wrong, Sean.”

“Then say yes! Kat, say yes! We can have a long engagement if you’d like,” he begged.

“I’m sorry, I can’t. I just need time to think,” I protested.

Sean dropped his arms helplessly, and without another word left the house. From my window I watched him walk down the empty street. He would probably have his dad pick him up at the market down the road, and they would go back to Danview Valley tomorrow. I didn’t know when I would see him next.

I took the ring off my finger, and held it in my hand. Such a tiny thing was the cause of this horrible feeling in my gut, but for most people it was a symbol of commitment and happiness. Why couldn’t I be one of those people? I cried myself to sleep that night.

------------------------------------------------------

In the morning I called Sean. In the light of day we were able to talk more reasonably. We agreed not to be engaged yet, but we didn’t want to lose each other. In a few years we’d both be ready and could go from there. In the meantime, I had the ring in my possession. I don’t know what was going through my head, but sometimes I liked to wear it. It was comforting, knowing that in a few years school would be behind me and I could settle down with my love.

To get my mind off of the failed proposal, I started helping Emilio in the garden. Agriculture was a pretty big thing in Oxford, New York and my grandparents had a large orchard and a few plots of land for growing veggies. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to improve my gardening skills. The first time I used a garden hoe was funny.

I found working the ground to be very relaxing, but the fact the Emilio was constantly staring at me prevented me from relaxing completely.

“You’re holding it wrong,” he said, coming over to me. Suddenly, he stepped behind me and started to embrace me. Instinctively, I moved to get away from his grasp. “Relax, I’m just showing you how to hold it correctly,” he laughed. I stood still and felt his strong arms come around me, guiding my hands down the length of the handle. “You need a firm grasp, and keep your hands further apart. There you go, you’re getting it,” he said approvingly as I obediently moved my hands.

I was thinking that gardening wasn’t so bad, apart from getting a little dirty, when Emilio unexpectedly grabbed my left hand.

“What’s this?” he asked, grazing the diamond ring with his thumb.

“Oh, um… it’s nothing,” I stumbled for words. I had forgotten that I’d put it on that morning.

“It doesn’t look like ‘nothing,’ it looks like you got engaged.” Poor Emilio looked a little disappointed.

“No, I’m not engaged. Sean proposed, but I said no,” I explained quickly.

“Ah, he is not your true love?” Emilio said, perking up a little.

“What? Of course he is!” I protested. “I’ve loved Sean since high school.” Emilio knew my feelings for Sean. As my only friend in this town, he’d heard a lot about my relationship.

“Hmmm. I don’t know. If he is your true love, nothing would stand in your way of being with him. What is more important than love?”

“Oh, so you’re a romantic now?” I giggled.

“Of course, didn’t you know this?” he played along.

I told him about the proposal and he listened intently. Emilio was a great listener, and he always found a way to make me laugh. I was lucky to have his friendship.

“Is it hot out here, or is it just me?” I said, fanning my face. We’d been outside for a while and the afternoon sun was beating down on us, causing me to break into a sweat.

Emilio saw my discomfort and offered to get us some drinks. As he was washing his hands in the kitchen I ran upstairs to my room. After washing up, I hesitated in front of my mirror. Looking at my reflection, I slowly took off my heart locket and set it on the bedside table, along with the diamond ring.

Not pausing to question my motives, I hurried back down to the kitchen. I took a seat at the table just as Emilio was grabbing some bottled water out of the fridge.

“So, have you ever been to the summer festival?” Emilio asked casually.

“I think I went once when I was a little kid and was visiting my grandparents, but I don’t really remember it.”

“Oh. Well, I was thinking that maybe you’d like to check it out with me? It’s actually pretty fun.”

“Like a date?” I asked, frowning at him.

“Well, you aren’t married or branded,” he started, rubbing his neck uncomfortably. “You’re free to do what you want, and I was hoping you’d like to go with me? We could just go as friends if you want.”

“Okay… sounds like fun,” I said, a little unsure. What was the harm in going to a little town festival?

----------------------------------------------------

The festival was a blast! There was food, games and even an outdoor movie. We spent the day dancing to live music, checking out a few of the livestock and produce contests – you should have seen the huge watermelon that won a blue ribbon, it was bigger than me! – and filling up on popcorn and cotton candy. We ended the day by watching the movie under the stars.
Emilio brought me home and walked me to the doorstep.

“I had a good time tonight. Thanks for making me get out of the house. It was good for me to get my mind off of Sean.” Whoa, did I just say that? Did I just MEAN that?

“Anytime,” Emilio laughed, taking my hand and bringing it to his lips. As he pressed a kiss to my knuckles, the strangest sensation ran through me. My hand started to tingle and an incredible warmth spread from his kiss, traveling up my arm and back down to the pit of my stomach. My head was swimming with… desire?

“Goodnight, my beautiful Katarina.” He turned and walked back to his truck, leaving me bewildered.

I started having these dreams. They usually took place at the pool. Emilio would be cleaning the pool, and when he noticed me he’d climb out, but in slow motion. His muscles flexing to hoist himself up, the water dripping down his tan skin – I was putty. Then he’d come over to me and take me in his arms, planting the most irresistible kiss on my waiting lips.

I tried to stop the dreams by thinking about Sean just as I was falling asleep, but that only made my dreams weirder! I was caught in a love triangle, not only in my dreams but in real life. Whenever I saw Emilio my blood ran just a little bit faster. He wasn’t making it any easier. Now that he knew I was having relationship issues, Emilio seemed to flirt relentlessly. I found myself having trouble staying away from him.

As the summer dragged on we got a lot closer. My grandparents must have picked up on this, to their utter pleasure I’m sure, because they started inviting him over for dinner. One night, after watching a TV marathon for several hours, I sleepily walked Emilio to the door. I was half asleep and straining to stay awake.

“Sean is the luckiest guy in the world,” he was saying, “because he has your heart.”

I felt his hand come up to caress my cheek.

Perhaps it was inevitable, or maybe I was too sleepy to stop what happened next, but I eagerly complied when he kissed me. All the emotions I’d been trying to hold back seemed to rush forward and overpower my senses. I melted into his embrace and we kissed for what must have been ages, but seemed so short when it was over.

I watched him leave when what I really wanted was for him to stay. Why did it always seem like I was watching him leave?

Next: Now that summer is over, who will Kat choose?

Back To Love
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:39 PM
I have to take more pictures before I can continue, so it will be a while, but I have more free time next week. Until then, leave some comments and I'll respond! :D

Back To Love
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:18 AM
Wow, wasn't expecting that, I feel so bad for Sean, and I think Emilio was wrong for making the move on Kat..

Otherwise,
Great chappie!!
#60 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:25 AM
*Gasp* I'm so caught up in this series. Great work. Apsoulutely great work!
#61 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:48 AM
This is such a shocker. I still would love Kat to bean with Sean though. She has known him from a long time and his super cute..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 7:39 AM
Oasis, JanePstar & Dristina: I loved hearing your reactions! It was kind of hard for me to get Kat to this point, I was having difficulty understanding her motive. Since it's based on a true story, I'm trying to report what actually happened, but since I wasn't there I don't know all the emotions involved. Shock is good! I think Kat was probably shocked as well.
:jaw:

Back To Love
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:58 PM
wow three updates , you are fast :D. LOL. I loved these chapters and i hope Kat does'nt dump sean.He's so sweet and caring and has been with her since high school, but as this is a true story, she COULD go with Emilio, us readers can't change what happens (how ever much we want it! :D:P) haha.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#64 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 10:16 PM
more. nao. please?! I love it. :D
#65 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 1:04 AM
you all might want to beat me but I actually want her to be with Emilio LOL... thanks Treena!! lol

I was shocked by this chapter and I loved it!! (I was waiting for that to happen hehehe)

And now I can't wait to see what's going to happen with her and Sean!!!!! WAAAA
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunatic Asylum
you all might want to beat me but I actually want her to be with Emilio LOL... thanks Treena!! lol

I was shocked by this chapter and I loved it!! (I was waiting for that to happen hehehe)

And now I can't wait to see what's going to happen with her and Sean!!!!! WAAAA

Woo! I was waiting to hear what you thought since you were all for Emilio from the start. Thanks!

Back To Love
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 11:31 PM
Chapter 12: School Daze
I know it might seem like I was a horrible person for kissing Emilio, but I swear, it was only a kiss. We didn’t see each other very much after that night, his real job prevented him from stopping by my grandparents’ house as often, and since I was there to help them out he wasn’t needed as much. A few weeks later I was saying goodbye to my grandparents and heading back to school.

Apparently the summer had been really good for Kelli. Her art and writing was exceptional, like she had a surge of creative energy. I think it was due to the inner peace that came with sorting out things with Damion.

Speaking of which, the two of them had reunited over the summer and had started dating again. They were trying the long distance thing too.

We settled back into our campus apartment with Shawna and prepared for the new semester. I was most excited about the anatomy class I had signed up for.

On the first day of class I arrived to the classroom a little bit early and had to wait in the hallway for the class in progress to end. I must have been lost in my thoughts because the next thing I knew I heard someone saying my name and looked up to see… Emilio.

“Kat … hello? Uh, you awake in there?”

“Emilio? What are you doing here?” I asked, snapping out of my reverie.

“Um… going to class,” he said. “I go to school here remember?”

Of course I remembered. I just never expected to run into him on the large campus. He was an Accounting major, so it wasn’t like we’d ever have classes together.

“What class are you headed to,” I asked, courteously.

“Anatomy 101.”

“Really? I’m waiting for an anatomy class too, but with Dr. Burke.”

“You’re kidding me! We’re in the same class then,” he laughed.

Oh yeah, Accounting majors had to take the required science classes too. I flashed him what I hoped was a convincing grin. I couldn’t believe I was going to have to see him every other day for the rest of the semester. I sighed and walked into the classroom, Emilio on my heels.

I signed up for a study group for extra credit. I was smart, but my classes were getting tougher and I wanted to make sure I maintained a high GPA. The first meeting was a few weeks into the semester. Emilio and another guy from my class were in the group, along with a girl from Dr. Burke’s other anatomy class.

We reviewed the material for the upcoming test, exchanged phone numbers and called it a night. As I was stuffing my notes into my backpack, Emilio asked me to wait for him. I watched as he put away the library books we’d borrowed for our study session. Did he get a haircut? It looked really good on him. Had he been working out? … Not that I cared.

He walked back over to me when he was done. “Ready to go?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

We headed out the door.

“Hey Kat,” he stopped me outside, “I know that I was out of place to kiss you this summer, but I think there was something between us that night. You’re an incredible woman and I’d really like the chance to take you on a real date sometime.”

“I’m can’t Emilio,” I frowned. “I’m still with Sean.” He had to understand that what happened this summer was a mistake.

“Oh… I’m sorry. It’s just that you haven’t mentioned him lately, and I thought… well, never mind. Of course I’ll respect that you’re taken. Hey, at least let me walk you home.”

I agreed and we walked back to my apartment in silence.

Several weeks later I was checking my voicemails after getting home from class. There was a new one from Sean. I smiled thinking about him.

‘Hey Kat… it’s me. Listen, can you call me when you get this? I was hoping we could talk. I know you’ve been busy, but I really miss you. I don’t know why you haven’t returned my calls…’ BEEP

Oh my gosh! That’s right! I meant to call him back last week. I can’t believe I forgot.

I scrambled to disconnect my voicemail so I could call him immediately, but before I could do that my phone started vibrating in my hand. I had an incoming call, but the number didn’t show up because I was still in the voicemail screen. Thinking it was Sean I answered it frantically.

“I’m SO sorry for not calling you sooner! I missed you, baby… Why are you laughing? ... Who is this? … Oh, hi Emilio … No, I thought you were Sean … Oh, stop it! Why’d you call?”

“Well, you always seem to understand the material in our study groups,” he started, “and I’m having a little trouble with it. Do you think... ah, if you have any free time that is… could you help me study for tomorrow’s test?”

“Oh, well I guess that’s okay. I was going to spend the night studying anyway, so sure. Come on over.”

I hung up the phone and started cleaning up the living room. We’d let dishes and empty pizza boxes pile up on us this week and I didn’t want to be a bad hostess. I stacked my books and notes on the couch and started making some coffee when Emilio knocked on the front door.

We spent most of the evening going over the study guide. Three hours and two snack breaks later I asked him if he was getting any of it.

“Not entirely, but I think I’ll be okay on the test tomorrow,” Emilio said, closing his book. “Thanks again, Kat.”

I walked him to the door and said goodnight, yawning.

“You know that boy has straight A’s, don’t you?” Kelli said, startling me. She was cleaning up in the kitchen and I hadn’t noticed her.

“What?” I asked, puzzled.

“My friend Cassandra has Lit class with him and says he’s the top student and has a 4.0 GPA,” she explained.

“Then why does he want a tutor?”

“Exactly – he doesn’t. What he wants is you.”

That fall I was able to make the trip to Sim State to see Sean. I met him at the student center.

We grabbed some food and then found a spot to sit and talk. We hadn’t seen each other since the summer and desperately needed to talk and have some time alone. Having a long distance relationship was turning out to be a lot harder than either of us ever imagined.

We watched the sunset and then I had to head home. When Sean kissed me goodbye I had a strange sensation come over me. It felt like a last kiss. You know, the kind in movies that is overdramatic as a couple says goodbye and never sees each other again. I tried to shake the feeling, and when I couldn’t I figured I was just being weird since the last person I had kissed was Emilio. Anyway, I memorized that kiss with Sean. It was full of emotions and sort of territorial, as if he were trying to merge the two of us together.

The holidays were rough. Both Sean and I were at home, but things were different. His parents knew that he had proposed and that I turned him down. They got all protective of him, warning him that I was too flaky and was going to break his heart. I constantly felt like they were trying to break us up. And it wasn’t just problems with his family, the romance was gone. It was like we’d used it all up too quickly, and now we were left with only a mere fizzle of what had once been.

In the spring I returned to school a little downhearted. I was starting my nursing classes that semester and was so glad to finally be working on my chosen degree. Those boring required classes were finally behind me!

Sean’s phone calls had almost diminished completely Since neither of us were doing so great at returning calls, we had a ‘rule’ that we’d make time once a week to have an internet date where we’d chat online for an hour. Kelli was concerned about me and kept telling me I was overworking myself and ignoring a sinking relationship. She thought that these were the best years of my life and I should be out there living it instead of relying on an internet relationship.

Then one day, on our regular trip to the gym, we walked in and saw Emilio was there working out too. As we walked past him, he winked at me.

“Kat, why don’t you go over there and talk to him,” Kelli said as she started her treadmill workout.

“Nah, I don’t want to bother him,” I replied

“I doubt he’d mind at all, he’s been staring at you since we walked in.” She smiled a wide grin and crinkled her nose at me with a look that said ‘I know you like him.’

I continued my workout. “He can come say hello if he wants to.”

“Why would he want to after all the times you’ve turned him down? You’ve scared the poor boy off. Such a shame, he’s cuter than Sean, and that accent! Oh my gosh, can I have him?”

I knew she was joking about that last part, but it still made me laugh. We giggled and went back to our workout.

A few weekends later Shawna and Kelli had begged me to go out with them. I usually didn’t go to bars, but I liked dancing. We were dancing to our favorite song when I noticed a guy staring at us. It was Emilio! I swear he was stalking me or something. I waved at him mid dance and motioned for him to come over.

As we danced together, we talked and flirted. I was having such a good time that I invited him to go grab some food with us when we left. Unfortunately, he declined. Squeezing my hands, he said goodnight and left me with my friends.

The next morning I woke up, feeling really groggy. After a large cup of coffee I sat down to check my e-mail.

I was not prepared for what I found…..

Back To Love
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 11:33 PM
The next chapter is going to be really fun! I'll get it up as soon as I can.

Back To Love
#69 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 5:45 AM
WHAT? WHAT??!!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO US??!
(I'm just been "noisy" (yeah I'm the kind of person that thinks she's screaming when she writes in capital letters 8 D))..

is Sean breaking up with her?? cause I'm still voting for Emilio lol
She needs a change. Sean is sweet but, he is TOO sweet he seems to say "oh look at me, I'm so sweet! you can punch me now".. I bet he just found another girl at his college and that's why he's breaking up with her (ok, I'm just asuming that he is breaking up with her).

and why did Emilio turn down her invitation?? THAT'S NOT NORMAL! It's suspicious :disagree:

ok I better stop imagining things...

Quote: Originally posted by Treena
Woo! I was waiting to hear what you thought since you were all for Emilio from the start. Thanks!

hey thanks a lot :clap: !! It's good to know my opinion counts <3

I just went back from a vacation trip and the first thing I did was coming here to see if there was any new chapter LOL.. I'm addicted
well, I'm leaving now
:bombface:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunatic Asylum
is Sean breaking up with her?? ... and why did Emilio turn down her invitation??

You'll find out tomorrow! heehee :D

Back To Love
#71 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:24 PM
OMG I have been reading this story since you started and I want to tell you i absolutely love it. I can't wait for the update and I hope its soon
#72 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:54 PM
Wow, you have so many fans! Your story is wonderful, I just love it. I'm so fighting against Emilio (lol, no offense Lunatic Asylum). Yea, he is sweet! Gosh, Sean don't do anything to Kat, you love her, don't you? YAY Sean and Kat...
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 5:06 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... YOU EVIL CLIFFHANGER WRITER PERSON. :D
I wanted to know what she see's - tell us, tell us, TELL US :P
haha update pleaseee.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 6:22 PM
Oh Noes!! hopefully Sean didn't break up with her...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 7:30 PM
Chapter 13: Inbox
To: Katarina Antonelli <[email protected]>
Subject: Ur phone is gay!!!!1
OMG I have been calling u all nite! I guess ur phone is dead cuz it sends me straight 2 ur voicemail. Charge that stupid thang and call meeeeee!!! I have BIG news and can’t wait to talk 2 u. OK, like, I can’t wait so I attached a little hint for u. Jenn was there and secretly taking pictures. CALL!!

Attachment: snapshot_956d9158_9589535c.jpg – 49K

=========================================

Subject: <none>

You must be so excited for your sister, as we are! We can’t believe that she is getting married, it seems like only yesterday she was taking her first steps.
Mrs. DeLuca can get us a great discount on linens for your sister’s wedding. As her maid of honor I was hoping you could come over next week to look at patterns. Let me know what your schedule is like, your Nonno and I would love to have you over for lunch.
Emilio is working in the garden today. It was a pleasure to have him around so much last summer, and the two of you would make such a nice couple. I know, I know, you won’t hear of it. But I wish you would be proud of your Italian heritage and give him a chance. He comes from a very nice family and he talks of you constantly.
I hope school is going well. Your Nonno sends his love.

A presto,
Nonna

Subject: I’ve been thinking…

I’m sorry I had to miss our last internet date. I think I did really well on the tests I was studying for though, thank you for being so understanding.

You know, the transformation to college has been really difficult for me. Things aren’t as easy as they were in high school. I’ve been trying to meet new people and get ahead in my classes and I haven’t been giving you the attention you deserve as my girlfriend. I hope that I haven’t done anything (or not done some things) to make you think you aren’t loved. I love you more and more every day and I’m sorry if I haven’t been showing it lately.

The reason I haven’t been calling as much is because I don’t want to smother you. I know that after the proposal you wanted your space, so I’m trying to give it to you. You seem a lot happier when we do talk if we haven’t talked in a while. Sometimes I feel like if you wanted to talk to me, you’d call me. I just can’t figure out a strategy that makes us both happy.

This distance is killing me. I’ve looked into transferring to Le Tour next year so we can be together. Please tell me what you want and I’ll do everything in my power to make you happy.

This summer I am studying abroad in Spain so I can spend some time with my mom again and still get college credits. I hope to see you before I leave.

I love you.

Yours always,

Sean

Subject: Re: Hey

You’re right, I didn’t need a tutor last semester. I just wanted to spend some time with you, and you seemed like you didn’t even want to be my friend. I thought the only way to be around you was to pretend that I needed help with school. But in my defense, I thought you knew I was faking, since I told you last summer about my grade based scholarships.

Dancing with you last night was amazing. I thought you never wanted to see me again, the way you’ve been avoiding me. You looked great. It took a lot of willpower for me to walk away from you last night, but I knew that if I left with you and your friends, I would be thinking of you as more than just a friend. It wouldn’t be respecting that you’re taken.

The thing is - I can’t get you off my mind. You know I’m crazy about you. I’m sorry for being so forward. I think the only way for me to respect your wishes is to move on. If you ever find yourself single, you have my number.

Respectfully,
Emilio

--------------------------------

I closed my inbox and sat there dumbfounded. I needed to think.

I paced my room, rubbing my chin, trying to process all the information I’d just received. Sophia was getting married… wow. It seemed so natural. Why on earth was I so afraid of something so wonderful?

And then there was Sean and Emilio. I had feelings for them both. I couldn’t continue living in this tangled web.

I made my choice and picked up my phone. Quickly dialing his number, I fidgeted as the other end rang.

“Kat?” his voice answered.

“Hey, I know you’re out of town, but can you meet me tonight?” I asked hopefully.

“Sure, but is anything wrong?”

“No, nothing’s wrong. I just really want to be with you. Pick me up at 7 and we’ll go to dinner.”

--------------------------------

That night I put on my little black dress and got ready for my date. Kelli laughed at me for all the trouble I was going to.

When I heard the knock at the door I ran to greet him, smiling. I grabbed my purse and followed him to his car...

Next time: Who did Kat choose? :confused:

Back To Love
Page 3 of 16