Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 12:23 PM
Default Elven Life, Love and Loss - UPDATED 8/1- Chapter 11 and the Epilogue - Finished!
This is my first story, I had the prologue written for a whole different thing which I never wrote. This will be a short story, because I don't have the motivation for long ones and I want to actually finish it. I'll give you the prologue today, but I'll warn you. You won't know the meaning of it til a couple of chapters in.

-

Elven Life, Love and Loss
Prologue

She stood in the last of the daylight, her black hair flowing down to her waist. It was straight, silky and shiny. Her face was blank; she showed no emotion. Around her forehead was a piece of velvet. It was tied under her hair. Her ears were pointed and she was very tall, compared to a human.

Her features were those of a regular elf - angled features, broad cheekbones and most of all, unearthly coloured eyes.

She stood on a tall hill in the middle of the forest. Her clothes consisted of a thick, rough material. The material was very light, but also very protecting. It was a shade of light green. She wore a long sleeved top, to protect her.

The elf just stood. The moon started to shine down, and in the distance cars could be heard. The elf herself didn’t notice, still she stood with no emotion showing on her pale face.

As if her life was being held by a single string, it suddenly snapped. She fell down the hill to the ground motionless.

-

Well, there it is. I dunno if people will like it or not. I'll update in the next few days.
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 3:04 PM
Elven Life, Love and Loss.
Chapter 1.

Hi! My names Alice and well, I’m an elf! I’ll just move my hair back and there! Look! Pointed ears. Cool huh?!

I’m pretty rare for an elf. My mum and dad died when I was a teen, so since I was 17 I’ve been living by myself. Now, I’m 22, have a job and a wonderful best friend! Anyway.. my rarity. Basically, all elves have black hair and amazingly coloured eyes. As you can see, I have blonde hair and grey eyes. My mum was a human; my dad an elf. I inherited my mum’s blonde hair and grey eyes and I also don’t have angular features. So, it makes me different.

Yeah, anyway, enough about me. More about my friends! Right. This is Selene. I LOVE her to bits. She's my only elf friend - there aren’t many of us around anymore. Living as an elf is more difficult for her. She has the black hair and purple eyes. Purple!! How cool is that? The only problem being is she has to wear coloured contacts ALL the time. Elf eyes are the weirdest. They start off normal colours and then develop into say, purple by the time you're about 14. So, from your teens you have to start wearing contacts. Anyhow, she's so pretty it's unbelievable! Here she is..

See what I mean? And that black hair totally suites her. She's been my friend since the beginning of secondary school - since I was about 14 and she was 11 so we're as close as anything. We do everything together! She stays round at my house at weekends to give me company so I don't get lonely. Neither of us went to Uni, we just felt it wasn't for us. She’s still in school right now, but it’s the holiday and she doesn’t have to go back to school after. Woohoo!

This is Joe. I met him at work. He doesn't know I'm an elf. It's a strictly secret thing. We don't know what people would react to if we told them. We can tell our spouses, else they'd start notice stuff when our hairs up. Joe's great. I can tell him anything. I don't really see him outside of work though, I'll have to phone him sometime and invite him over.

Bless him. He's one of my closest friends but he's such a dork! That pictures generally shows what he usually wears. Black polo shirt (ugh in itself), TARTAN BOXERS ON SHOW!! and black trousers. The trousers arn't too bad but the boxers, HAHA! But he's soo adorable, even if he is a dork and wears those stupid glasses because he thinks they look cool.

I have a few other friends around but I don't class them as close friends who are worth a mention. I'll tell you their names if they come up. I spend a lot of time online chatting to people. I have one particular friend, gosh, he is so hot. Oh, and he has a great personality of course. He lives a couple of towns away over in Strange Town. I have a picture of him somewhere on my PC. Lemme find it.

Ah there. See, didn't I tell you he was the hottest thing alive on this planet! He has the HUGEST eyes. Anyhow, that's enough about my friends and stuff. I'll start my story.

Selene was off and about as usual. We'd taken a walk in the woods and she loves it. I tell ya, she's more of an elf than I'll ever be. Elves don't really do anything - just avoid being seen in public. We mainly come from a long list of descendants who used to own the land way back. Slowly elves have become rarer and rarer, mainly because like my dad, they have children with non-elves. But yeah, back to us. Selene and me often hang in the woods. There we can be our true selves. She takes this elf thing way seriously. She wears like, all of this freaky green elf clothing. It’s a good job no one else can see us! I just wear normal stuff; I try to look normal outside. I guess I’m lucky I don’t have to wear contacts, as grey eyes are normal in human society.

Off she runs straight ahead of me. Jeeze, I know there’s a few years age gap between us but sheesh, she has so much energy – I’m like an elder compared to her! And so she runs up to her favourite spot in the wood, on top of a big hill that is a very steep climb. It’s no wonder she doesn’t fall down!

When we get to the top and sit down she starts talking to me in a serious manner.

“I wish I was born when the old elves ruled. At least then I can be myself.” Selene sighed.
“But you are being yourself, look at you, green clothes and purple eyes on show and all.”
“Yeah but that’s only with you. I can’t be myself in public, everyone would freak!!”
We both laughed.
“I bet some scientist freak would want to study you and find out if you actually had purple eyes and pointed ears.” Selene looked down the hill with sorrow in her eyes. “Ohh, come on Sal, you’ve got me for company, I’m not that boring am I?” I stuck my tongue out at her and she laughed in response.
“I guess it’s not that bad, at least I don’t have to hide my personality or anything.”
“That’s my girl. Come on, let’s go back to my house and have some ice cream!”

And so we half walked, half ran back to my house and had some ice cream. Ice cream makes everything betteeer, but it also gives you a bit of a belly. Ah well, it’s worth it!

-

Well, there's the first chapter. If anyone wants to give feedback please do and I'll also appreciate constructive criticism. Enjoy!

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 4:05 PM
I really like it, I'm wondering what the link could be between chapter one and the prolouge, I'll have to wait and see but I'm definately keeping an eye out for this story! :D
#4 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 6:42 PM
I like it too!

keep it u!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 10:12 PM
Thanks guys. It's nice to have some encouragement! ^^ I've got the next chapter written out and I'll get the pictures tonight and update tomorrow. It'll provide the link between Selene and the prologue!

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 10:36 PM
Yay, I can't wait, chop chop! :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 11:07 PM
Sounds like an interesting update! I'll be waiting!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 11:48 AM
Elven Life, Love and Loss
Chapter 2.

After finishing our ice cream, Selene walked home. I went and studied for my job, I was hoping for a promotion sometime soon. I then went and talked to Sim. (He was the hot guy – I don’t think I told you his name, oops!)

Alice: Hey, how are ya?
Sim: Good thanks, you?
Alice: Fine ta.
Sim: You ALWAYS say fine. What’s really up?
Alice: Ah, you know me too well. Well, my friend, Selene, she’s just been a bit down lately and she, well, uh, feels she doesn’t.. fit in..
Sim: Aw. I’m sure she’ll be fine. It’s probably just a phase she’s going through. Most teens do it, I’m sure you did?
Alice: A bit. Anyhow, short conversation but I have to run and get my beauty sleep. I have work early tomorrow. Night xx
Sim: Night, sleep well gorgeous x

Gorgeous? He’d never called me gorgeous before. Ah well, he can be weird like that sometimes. As I said, I got ready for bed and got my beauty sleep.

I got up early and left for work. I came back in the evening and Selene phoned. She asked me to meet her on the hill in the woods. She sounded upset. I said okay, frowned and changed quickly and walked to meet her up by the hill. What I found will never leave my memory..

The woods were dark so I had to step carefully. Good job I came here practically everyday. I was worried about Selene being by herself at night, sure she was 18 but she was still like a little sister to me. I couldn’t bear it if she got eaten by wolves or anything. I laughed aloud at this thought. Good job no one else was around else I’d be carried off to a mental asylum.

I finally got to the hill. I looked up the top and I couldn’t see Selene there so I walked around to the other side. I saw her laying at the bottom of the hill looking cut and bruised.

“Oh god, oh god, oh god. SELENE!”

She didn’t respond to this so I went to see her. All I could see were cuts and bruises so I thought she’d be okay. I shook her and still there was no response. I shook her more.

“God Selene. Stop mucking about. You’re making me cry! Please wake up..”

I had tears streaming down my face. This little prank wasn’t funny anymore.

“SELENE! Wake up.. please.. I’m starting to get real worried now!”

I shook her even more. Still no response. I started to cry even more, losing control of my sobbing. I wiped my eyes on my sleeve and thought right, stay calm. I’d totally been taught this first aid rubbish at work in the training sessions. Pulse.. pulse. I stumbled and grabbed her wrist and placed my fingers and thumb in the right place. I tried to feel a pulse. Damnit. I could never feel a pulse especially not when I was in a panic. Oh god. Well, she’s clearly unconscious. There are no visible signs of big damage, so everything will be ok.

When I turned around I couldn’t believe what I saw. I saw.. I saw.. the Grim Reaper! No, this meant, that meant.. she was.. de.. I can’t even bring myself to say the word. Grim was there with his clipboard and pen. I ran up to him and begged him. I sat on my knees and pleaded for her life over and over again. Finally, he finished with his clipboard and told me to stand up. He placed a weird ball of glowing substance in his hand and then put his hands behind his back. It was a hard choice but in the end I chose the left one. He brang his arm round and in his hand was..

Nothing. I cried even more. I couldn’t even save her! What had I done? I had my chance and I got it wrong!

Grim was surrounded in a bright light and him and Selene went. In the exact spot where she died was left a gravestone. I knelt down to it and mourned. All of this from a fall down a stupid hill! Wait, fall? Did she fall? Did she.. did she do it on purpose? Did she call me to come find her? She wouldn’t have done that! She can’t leave me after what I’ve been through before. No way would she put me through that again. Could she? She wasn’t acting very happy.. I couldn’t think about that stuff right now. I ran deeper into the woods.

I stayed there til morning.

-

I had fun taking these pictures. I like to set up scenes and stuff ^_^ Now you finally know the link between the prologue and Selene. Don't get me wrong, it isn't because anyone can predict the future, I just wanted to give you a part of the story to show people what the story was about. Now you know! I'll update in a few days, I'm updating this way to quickly at the moment. Enjoy it whilst you can!

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 3:59 PM
ooo its goodddd!
#10 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 9:47 PM
Yay I have my own account, so I can commentt x]

I'm really getting into this story now ;D It's great. Keep on going with it x]

xx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 10:20 AM
Chapter 3.

It was 7am and I decided I should go home. As soon as I got in I purchased the phone where you can bring back dead sims. At the moment I didn’t have enough money to bring her back and I didn’t want her as a dismembered zombie. Instead, I phoned Grim and the conversation went as so.

“Please select the friend or family member to resurrect.”
“I don’t want to resurrect a friend.”
“Don’t start to annoy me because you’re in a bad mood.”
“I’m not going to, Grim I just phoned to find out.. Selene, she.. di.. came into your hands last night.”
“Yes well, get on with it I don’t have all day.”
“Well, I just phoned to find out, what killed her? She didn’t have anything wrong with her! She only had small cuts and bruises!”
“I’m not here to dilly dally woman. I don’t have the time to answer phone calls about how your friends died!”
“Please Grim! I beg you!”
“Beg me how much?”
“Err.. a lot?”
“No, in simeleons you idiot!”
“$500 is all I have..”
“Fine, that’ll do. Better than nothing. She died of internal bleeding.”

I then heard the click of the receiver being put down and then the ringing of a dial tone. Internal bleeding. It all made sense. But god, how long had she been lying there in that state? Did she phone me when she was lying there? Oh god Selene. I started to cry again but fought the tears and wiped them away as well. I decided to try and sleep but I was haunted by dreams of death, Selene and Grim.

I woke with a start from this, sighed and looked in the mirror. I looked awful. My eyes were puffy, I still had last nights mascara running down my face. Then it hit me again, as if I was there looking down at the unconscious Selene again. Tears started trickling from my eyes, this was one action I couldn’t control.

Selene was always there for me. When my parents died I went through a rough patch but Selene was there to help and comfort me. She was the only one there for me because I had no other family. Now whom did I have to help me? No one. I couldn’t go to work in such a state. Work would have to wait.

I made myself some cereal; it’s all I could think of doing. I couldn’t eat it. My throat felt as if it was closed up and I couldn’t swallow. I kept coughing it up and nearly chocking myself to death. Death seemed welcoming now. Atleast I’d see Selene and my parents again.

I went and had a bath. I hoped it would rid me of the bad omens from last night. Cleanse me if you will. Help me relieve some memories. Instead I just sat there and cried. Why did you have to do this to me Selene? Did you do it on purpose or did you fall? She sounded pretty sad on the phone. She’d been pretty sad lately. Why don’t I noticed these things like a proper friend should? I was more than a friend, I was practically her sister. Why didn’t I notice? I couldn’t tell you now if she was sad enough to take her own life. Was it because she was a longing elf? Was it because of something else? I didn’t know! I was such a bad friend. I slid down into the water and brought myself back up again. All I knew is that I couldn’t stay here anymore.

I got dressed and put on a bit of make up to make myself look respectable. I tried to cover up my eyes but it didn’t work. I thought about where I could go. And then it hit me. I quickly phoned a friend and was on my way.

I got a train and the station and by my judging it would take me a couple of hours to get to my destination. I sat on the train looking out into the scenery whizzing by. I got a few funny looks by some sims on the train but no one said anything to me. I think if anyone talked to me I would have broken down. It was better than way. Two hours later I made my way through the crowds to the street outside the train station. I looked at the piece of paper in my hand and looked at the address. I called up a taxi and went to my friends house. I arrived and he was waiting for me outside.

I paid the driver and looked at him. I didn’t know what to do. I was standing outside Sim’s house. I’d never met him before but he was the only one I could turn to. I shyly started walking up to him with tears coming down my face. I started to mumble an apology for coming over in such short notice but he just grabbed me into a hug and told me everything would be okay. This is exactly what I needed. Love and care from a friend.

-

Sorry it's quite short guys. I didn't want to leap right into the next part of the story in this chapter. You'll have to wait til number 4 ;] Oh, and I changed the title because it's not really about elves. Alice and Selene just happened to be them. Enjoy, and some FB would be nice ^_^

#12 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 10:43 AM
I like it!! It's so sad...

and Sim should take good care of her!!

hmmm isn't that Apples' tear mask I see?? Don't you just love them they're AMAZING!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 10:51 AM
It certainly is! It beats the one I had before and it will probably make many more apperances, sorry to say!

#14 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 1:45 PM
Aw <3 I hope everyone comes back to life in the next chapter for a big reunion. Maybe you should get Sabriel and her Necromancer folks in.

xx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 2:20 PM
Hah xD I actually have a Sabriel who lives next door to the lot that they are based in.. from the house that I built. I don't think she came round when people come to visit though xD

#16 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 12:05 PM
Ring her up! xD Or maybe Alice can nick all of Sims money and pay for Grimmie to come.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 2:17 PM
Interesting! Really sad about Selene......she seemed so sweet!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 8:09 PM
Chapter 4.

He invited me into his house and I was a little shocked. He was 25, so a bit older than me and he lived by himself. His house was very modern and in the corner of the living room was a bar. He saw me looking at it and he said his second thing to me face to face.

“Want a strong drink love?”
I mumbled yes in reply.

A few drinks later and he was hugging me on the sofa.

“I know this is going to be hard Alice, but you’ve gotta be strong. I know this is the first time we’ve met and everything, but do you want to stay with me for a while?”

I looked into his eyes. This is exactly what I needed. He was so kind and caring, giving me exactly what I wanted and he didn’t even mind we’d never seen each other before!

“Oh god, yes please, I don’t want to be alone anymore.”

I hugged him closer.

We stayed like this for a few minutes til he got up and poured us more drinks. I continued drinking for another hour or so and at this point I don’t really remember what happened. I was kind of drunk and on the verge of passing out. I was so sleepy and quiet he just picked me up and put me in his bed.

I woke up the next morning with a huge headache. I felt so groggy it was unbelievable. That was the first time I’d drunk like that and I don’t think I wanted to do it again. I turned over to find an empty space next to my bed. I was in a double bed? I didn’t have a double bed at home. Then I remembered where I was and how kind Sim had been to me. On the bedside table was a note from him.

“Gone to work, make yourself at home. I left you some breakfast and help yourself to anything else you want. I’ll see you tonight.”

Again he was being a great host. I had a quick shower and then I went to the kitchen to find sausage and eggs waiting for me on the table. Mmm, the smell of it was so.. GROSS! I ran to the bathroom and threw up.

Ugh, must be a hangover. I’d never experienced one before and I’d only ever heard of them. Headaches and sickness, sounded like one to me. I went and laid down on the sofa. Slowly I fell asleep. I had a really weird dream. It was like a reply of last night but with added extras. It was Sim and I. He’d just carried me to his bed and laid me down. He came and laid next to me and run his fingers through my hair. The next minute he was kissing me and then he was on me. It wasn’t rape no, heck, I responded to him. I was so dulled down by alcohol even though I was responding; I didn’t have a clue what was going on. When we were finished he pulled away, kissed me goodnight and told me to sleep well.

I woke up at this point feeling confused. Then the thoughts of last night came rushing back to me. My dream was true. It was true. He took advantage of me when I was vulnerable! I sat on the sofa and cried. Surely he saw how drunk I was? What with Selene, and now this with Sim, I couldn’t cope anymore. I didn’t want a relationship right now, or anything intimate, it was too soon. What if that person got hurt? I got up and felt my head spin then rushed off to be sick again. I left his house shortly after.

I left more with anger than sadness this time. Anger at myself for letting me get so drunk, and anger at Sim for taking advantage. I didn’t cry a bit. This was some sort of an improvement I guess.. but still I thought, Is there anyone that truly cares for me? Was some of it my fault for responding to his advances? Would I ever talk to him again?

-

I hoped you liked it. I've had Chapters 3 and 4 written since Chapter 2. I've got some of 5 done so you, and I will have to see what happens next ;]

#19 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 9:17 PM
Aww, poor Alice. I still like Sim though. He did leave her breakfast after all. And give her a house. And really can't be responsible for drunken tomfoolery.

Ah I wanna know what she says to himmm.. And whether she stays at his place!

xx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 9:27 PM
You're online here but not on MSN? xP I have an idea what she'll say, after all, it was only "tomfoolery" as you put it x]

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 2:57 PM
Chapter 5.

After the long ride I got home about midday. I paced my house feeling grateful that the hangover sickness had gone. I had no idea what to do. I had no one to talk to, no one to see, nothing. The one friend I thought I could count on betrayed me. I sighed. Life had never been easy for me, what with my parents, Selene and now Sim. I understand that some of it was my fault, but surely he knew I didn’t approve of drunken woohoo? I can’t believe I let him.

I picked up my phone and phoned work. I explained why I’d been away and they totally understood. They told me take as long as I like and I’d be welcome back when I was ready. After this I went to visit Selene's grave. It was in the woods by the hill. I didn't have a heart to move it. I took one look at it and started crying. So much had happened.

I spent half an hour there. I talked to her just like normal. I told her what had happened and asked for advice. Of course she didn't reply but it felt like she was listening. I felt better after I had talked with her. I got up, placed some of her favourite flowers down by her grave and went home.

The next morning I decided to go to work. It was annoying that I had to go so early, but after being up for several hours and not knowing what to do I decided work was best to keep me busy. I wanted to forget everything that happened. Just as the carpool was pulling up I ran to be a sick again. I frowned, this couldn’t be right, my hangover should have ended by now. I heard the furious beeping of the carpool and soon forgot about it as I went to work.

When I got home I just crashed out on the sofa. I’d been thinking about Sim all day. I didn’t know what to do. Should I talk to him or just ignore him? I loved him as a friend and I was really close with him, but this has just mucked everything up. I soon fell asleep on the sofa but got woken up by the sound of a phone. I automatically got up and picked up the phone without thinking. On the other line was Sim.

“Hello?” I asked.
“Alice? God Alice, I’ve been trying to phone you all day! I was so worried!”

It was Sim. Oh god. Why did I have to pick up the phone?

“Um, Sim.. I..”
“Alice, no offence, but please just shut up and listen. I know yesterday you came to me for support and a friend. I was flattered, really. I’m so glad you came to me. What happened, I didn’t want to scare you away. I thought that was what you wanted and to be honest, I wanted it too..”

I scoffed at this part. Of course he wanted it.

“Alice please, it’s not what you think. I know you think I took advantage of you. I didn’t I thought you felt the same way.”

“Of course I didn’t want it! I was drunk! And you did take advantage of me! You were the one who got me drunk. I didn’t even know what I was doing! You knew what you were doing though, didn’t you?”

“God damn it, why won’t you understand? I don’t know how to say this Alice, but well, I..”
“Spit it out. I don’t have all day.”

He said something so quietly I could hardly hear.

“I love you.”
“…What?”
“I love you, okay, I love you. There I said it. I’ve liked you since I started talking to you. And when you were cuddling me yesterday, it just felt so.. right..”

He sighed heavily.

“Sim, I..”
“Alice, it’s fine, I know you don’t feel the same way. It’s better that you know now, but it will make things a little awkward. For now, I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Okay, but Sim..”
“I’ve gotta go Alice. I’m glad to find out you’re okay.”
“Sim –”
“Bye Alice.”

He hung up. Sim loved me. He wasn’t taking advantage of me. He had thought I felt the same way. He was going to support me. He was being a friend. More than a friend. It’s clear at the moment he didn’t want more because he thought I didn’t feel the same way.

It hit me as soon as he said the three words. My emotions about Selene and his mistrust had clouded my vision. It was as if the words had parted them and my true emotions had shone through. I loved him too.

-

Well, there it is. I hope you like it. We have a pair of lovebirds now. :lovestruc I like FB ^^

#22 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 6:29 PM
Bless =] I like the pairing. What will happen nowww? She'll go back to him? What about her elf-ness? =o! I had a thought. But I'll keep it to myself in case I'm right xD
#23 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 6:47 PM
i really like this story... keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 8:07 PM
Heh, yeah, your ideas gave me ideas. Not ideas that you'd like mind. ^^ and thanks sweetbabyhnd.

#25 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 10:16 PM
Bet you'll like, make Sim an elf-hunter or something xD
Page 1 of 3