Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 7:26 PM
This story is so good and the photoshopped pictures are gorgeous. :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 7:43 PM
Anne - Whee, thankyou! I'm glad you do. I was a bit worried about this chapter since it seems so boring compared to the intro.

Ghanima - Chucky! I was reminded of that as well actually haha. I'm glad you still like it, thankyou! :valentine

chyrun - thanks! My video card is pretty old, so I have to rely on photoshop a lot! The blackboard in the last pic was photoshopped in fact.

Your comments make me happy. :D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 7:55 PM
whoa that is just beautiful.

i love you way of words and the pictures are fabulous. :D

hehe indeed alot of dutch people here, it's a small world afterall.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 10:22 PM
Ooh... wow... this is realllly good. Haha, I'm kind of speechless, actually. But I think the first chapter is just as good - possibly even better - than the introduction!
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:01 PM
you got a fan! i loved this update, thanks!
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:07 PM
Wow.... all I can say is, wow. You have fantastic picture taking and writing abilities!
#32 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 8:03 PM
<3 I want to read chapter 2!
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 11:12 PM
I'm speechless...Your pictures are gorgeous and so is this story.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 2:36 AM
wow, thats all i can say.
i love your writing style, and the mysterious touch you added to it, simply wonderful. im waiting here for chapter 2, please update soon!
also, the pics are great.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 2:55 PM
*is hoping for an update* :D
#36 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 12:43 AM
...wow. I was grabbed at the first sentence. You have quite a talent for this!

*hopes for update* :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 1:04 AM
I'm intrigue....sounds like a very interesting story....can't wait to read more....and the pictures are just simply amazing.....it's cool how you were able to make mei-lin look so doll like....

check out my story http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=9158

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, that's why its call "the present".
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 2:53 PM
Dorka:
Wow! Love the writing and the story so far! Great job...

Oh and I hope you feel better..*points to your signature*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 3:35 PM
Hello everyone! :howdy: I've taken all the pictures for this chapter, writing's still in my head but will be done soon. I was indeed sick, but since I started feeling bad for not updating for so long, I began working instantly!

Babbelsim -- I'm glad you like it! Thank you! I hope I can keep up the pretty writing. Sometimes I just can't get inspired.

qadsjlkahsdf -- Thankyou! I'm glad you think so! I hope you'll like the rest too.

tinuke -- yay, fans!

Tosh -- thankyou! :D

Rayline -- chapter two coming up! Late, I know.. -blush-

Bloodflower -- Thank you! :D

wicked_t0y -- thanks! XD I'm glad you like it!

chyrun -- It should be here by tonight! Otherwise you can kick me. :D

SomeAnimeSimsFreak -- Whee Thankyou!

DejAng3l -- thanks! I spent quite some time on Mei-Lin! Tried to make her as Chinese as possible. Not sure if I succeeded? lol.

Gallowsraven -- -hugs- thankyou! :valentine Woh! I hadn't noticed you updated your own story! Must read now

<3 (so many smilies!)

Forum Resident
#40 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 3:44 PM
Even if it won't, I'm not gonna kick you, you're incredibly cute!
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 4:08 PM
I love this! Great work. I'm intrigued
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 6:57 PM
Default Chapter two
[ note: at last, chapter two! Sorry for the long wait, everyone! Small note regarding the narrators – Motoko speaks in present tense. Mei-Lin speaks in past tense, unless she is writing in her diary. Enjoy! ]

Chapter two: friends till the end.

Dear diary!

-- is that a stupid way to begin my life-story? It probably is.

Anyway, listen up. No lame introductions, no memories (because truly, I could summarise my whole past using one word: Motoko). I am scared she will find this booklet, so I disguised it as a notepad for school. Currently, Motoko is where she always is around this time — in my closet.

She stays there to do what she calls ‘recharging’, although the last time I checked, she did not run on batteries! I do not think she runs on anything, to be honest. . . She does not eat, sleep or even breathe. Yep. Scary, isn’t it?

When I was younger I once opened the door, curious about what I would find. Motoko was standing there motionlessly, staring at the inside of the door — doing nothing whatsoever. Not even batting an eyelid. I don’t think she saw me, or would be able to recall the event if I asked her. It raises questions regarding what she is exactly, but all she told me was that black magic had been involved.

Right. As if that exists.

I made a friend, though! Her name is Ayumi. She is one of the ‘snobs’, like Motoko called them. I make sure only to invite her when Motoko is resting, because I know that she is jealous. I love her, I really do. But. . . meh. She is too aggressive at times. I rather keep Ayumi away from her, just to be safe.

Because where Mei-Lin is, is Motoko.

--

Later that night.

After another, exhausting day, I felt relieved to rest my back on the silken sheets of my bed. The skies had darkened into a deep blue, but thanks to the millions of stars and their lunar mother my room was not completely unlit. I slowly breathed in and out, folding my hands neatly on my tummy and looked around. That was when I suddenly looked straight into the sapphire eyes of Motoko, who apparently had come out of her closet without a sound.

She was staring at me intensely, and it made me feel lightly uncomfortable. I wanted to hide my face under my blankets, instinctively thinking that if I did not see her, she would not be there. But I swallowed and stayed, trying to keep my face as emotionless as hers.

Like a soldier waiting for orders, she stood at the end of my bed. Sweat-drops started trickling down my spine.

“What’s wrong, Motoko?” I asked. Darn, my voice quivered.

She did not answer; sat down on my bed instead and propped up the pillow to support her lithe body. Motoko had always protected me, there was no need to be scared. She would never ever harm me. Nevertheless, I felt nervous.

“Don’t you love me?” she then said, taking me aback. I expected her to be seething beside me, but when I turned my head, her lips were pouting and her eyes almost crying.

“Why do you ask that?” I replied.

“Your friend! You are leaving me, aren’t you.”

I could not help but smile. It was the only thing I was not able to keep inside, because I really wanted to burst into laughter.

“Of course I won’t leave you.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

I thought she doubted my answer, but she said no more. She merely stared at the ceiling, with a strange sort of sorrow shimmering in her eyes. How could one like her feel emotions, without being alive in the first place? It puzzled me. One day, I would probably have to leave her. I kind of feared that day. I wondered whether she would hurt me if I did.

“I will be back soon,” Motoko broke the silence. “I need some fresh air.”

I nodded. “Ok. I will be sleeping when you return.” Or pretending to be asleep.

Motoko gave me another intense look, and then she was gone. Into the night. I rolled over and pulled my pillow over my head.

“You will not have my Mei-Lin!”

#43 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:08 PM
That was brilliant. Motoko is scary!
Forum Resident
#44 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:18 PM
Where did you get the idea? It's so interesting. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:05 PM
obsessedfae -- thankyou!

Rayline -- hehe, she is! And she'll be even scarier.. :devil:

chyrun -- Thanks! Where did I get the idea.. can't remember actually! I've been wanting to write a freaky sims story for a while, but never actually got any ideas. I think this started when I wanted to make Asian sims.. and the idea suddenly popped into my mind.

Thanks for reading!!

Inventor
#46 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:11 PM
Brrrrr, very creepy! But your sims are beautiful and I love the way you write, I can't wait for the next chapter.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:25 PM
Whoa, that's somewhere in between really creepy and really awesome! (Though obviously they aren't mutually exclusive. Nonetheless...)
I'm glad you updated, especially since it is - once again - high quality!
Instructor
#48 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 10:16 PM
I feel like I am going to be having shivers up my spine soon, hehe, wonderful update.

Auroraspirit :angel:
Field Researcher
#49 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 11:03 PM
This is a wonderful story! I'll defenitally be following it!
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 12:00 AM
I actually shivered and it isn't cold here.

This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Motoko is so creepy...She reminds me of everything that scares in dolls. I think it's in their eyes. O.O

I love this!!
Page 2 of 15