Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 1:52 AM
Yay!! I'm so glad Griffin's going to stick by her...as he should! great update!

Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:03 AM
Yaaaay, Griffin's not too mad/upset! It's all gonna be fine! ... Touch wood. Lovely update, so much suspense!
#53 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 4:52 PM
oh my god, i love this!!

griffin is so sweet!
#54 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 10:34 AM
I totally love this story! I'm glad Griffin is all good about it! I hope those mean nasty girls don't be all... well... just mean and nasty! Can't wait for another chapter!
Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:18 PM
Default Chapter Twelve
Chapter Twelve

The next months pass quickly. Griffin and I find a
cheap house and we move in together. it's strange
at first, not having Kam there. But I get use to it
after awhile. Or more likely I'm to busy to worry about it.

After Griffin graduates he goes right to work looking for
a solid job. Unfortunately, that's not as easy to find as
you might think so end up having to find a job. I managed
to find a job at Happy Burger for a few months but I end
up having to quit after I can't see my feet anymore.

Lucky Griffin finds a job as a record store clerk and
he even finds a coffee shop that pays him to come
in for a few hours on the weekends as one of the musical
guests. Neither job pays very much but he's happy with them.

At first pregnancy doesn't seem that bad. I hardly ever
get morning sickness and aside from some food cravings I
don't feel that different. No one bothered to tell me that
by my fifth month I would be getting morning sickness,
backaches, heart burn, sore feet and gas.needless to
say that even though many of the side effects of pregnancy
are less then fun, I would live like that for the rest of my
life if I never had to go through labor again.

No amount of pregnancy books, lamaze class or yoga
could prepare me for labor. I don't care how much you
practice breathing, it doesn't matter when an eight pound
baby is trying to squeeze it's way through an opening the size
of a lemon. She is beautiful though, my little Anabel Wyatt.
The minute I held her nothing else mattered. It feels like I barely
get to hold her at all before the nurse is sweeping her out of
my arms and out of the room. Huh, I guess that's what I get
from a nurse that looks surprisingly like Cali Morrison.

I don't notice until after the nurse is gone how tired I really am. I fall asleep
dreaming of my gorgeous little girl and our lives to come. I'm not sure how
long I'm asleep before the alarms wake me. At first I think maybe it's a fire
alarm but I don't smell any smoke and the sprinkler is off. "Hey!" I yell as a
nurse runs by. "What's wrong?!". "A babies been taken from the nursery."
She says breathlessly. "Someone should tell the parents." I say. "What's the
baby's name?". The nurse gives me a sad look. "Anabel Wyatt"

Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:19 PM
Default Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

The women quietly closes the door being her and tiptoes towards the staircase.
"Mommy, what are doing" five year old Cali asks, wiping sleep from her eyes.
"Nothing honey, go back to bed" The women coos soothingly.

"I can't, I'm not sleepy anymore. What's in that bag?" Cali asks. The women
glances around quickly before opening the bag and gently lifting out the infant. "oooh, a baby!" Cali squeals. The women smiles at her daughter nervously. "Go sit on the floor sweety and I'll let you hold her."

The little girl runs down the stairs and plops herself onto the livingroom carpet.
"Gently, she's very small" her mother warns her, placing the sleepy infant into
her daughters lap and settling next to her on the floor. "Mommy, where did the baby
come from?" Cali asks. The women chuckles softly, "You know where babies come
from silly." She says, ruffling her daughters hair. " I know that, but where did this baby
come from?" Cali says, impatiently.

"I brought her from the hospital." The women answers.
Cali's quiet for a minute before asking " Won't her mommy and daddy
miss her?" "They're bad people Cali, they don't deserve to have her."
The women answers darkly. " God frown's on their actions and he
sent me to punish them."

"Oh.." The girl says, quietly. Glancing down at baby. "Don't tell
anyone though,It's our little secret sweetie" Her mother warns her.
"Yes mommy." Cali says. Handing the baby back to her mother,
she makes her way quietly back to her room.

Cali awakes in the dark, gasping for breath. Shaking, she gets out of bed
and stumbles to the bathroom for a glass of water. Returning to her room
she flicks the tv on an immediately stifles a scream. On tv is an Amber Alert
for Anabel Wyatt, an infant stolen from the hospital. Cali lets out a moaning
sob, sinking to the floor. "Noooo" She whimpers quietly. "Not again. This time
I'll do the right thing."

Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 6:36 PM
I really like this! From the first eye-grabbing picture to the way it just keeps moving.
Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 7:36 PM
I've been lurking so far... but this story is just so great that I had to post something! You are doing a fantastic job! I am anxious to see what happens next....
#59 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 8:03 PM
Wow.
Creepy.
"Not again"?
That lady has problems.
Instructor
#60 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:08 AM
Oh, wow. This just gets more and more interesting... I can't wait to see what happens!
Inventor
Original Poster
#61 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:17 PM
Chapter Fourteen, Fifteen and the Epiloge are on there way. I'm done but I don't have internet right now so it might be a few days....
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 7:09 AM
Take your time; we'll wait.
#63 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 5:03 PM
I just read this story all the way through and I have to say you're doing an amazing job! I can't wait for the next chapter.
Inventor
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 5:38 PM
Default Chapter Fourteen and Fifteen
Ok, I still don't have internet but I'm can luckily use my cousin's computer for a little while. I didn't get to photoshop these like I wanted, sorry. I hope it's still ok.

Chapter Fourteen

It's like being in a dream. A horrible, nightmare. It's the not knowing that's the worst.
The fact that you don't know where your baby is or if they're ok. Is she sick,
unhappy?....dead? I can't think of anything else but her. The hospital must have
called Griffin because I can see him coming down the hallway now. I don't say
anything though, I can't. Griffin standing near me now, crying. Why aren't I
crying? The doctor is here to. He's saying something about finding her but I
can't seem to understand. Everything sounds dimmed, like I'm hearing it underwater.

Someone's screaming, I can hear them but I can't see who it is. Why is everyone staring
at me? What's wrong with all of you, shouldn't you be trying to find my daughter? Why
is everyone staring at me like sheep, wasting time that should be spent finding Anabel?
I can still hear the screaming, full of pain and punctuated by sobbing. There's a sharp pain
in my left arm and I glance over to see a nurse pulling a needle out of my arm.

The screaming stops as waves of sleep wash acrossed my brain, pulling me under
there dark waters. I blink, trying desprately to keep my eyes open but they're to
heavy and slowly, they begin to close. I fall deeper into sleep as the drugs take effect.
Griffin's face looms in front of me as I drift to sleep. My pain and fear mirrored in
his eyes. I reach a limp hand up to touch my face, my fingers come away wet with
tears. "Anabel" I whisper, drifting into nothingness.

Chapter Fifteen

I shiver in the early morning air. Not so much from the cold but from fear. "It can't be" I
mumble to myself. "That was years ago, she's too old now". I stare at the small, brown house,
willing myself to go inside. "Cali, is that you honey?" calls a thin voice behind me. I stiffen, turning
around I force a smile onto my face. "Yes momma, it's me." The old women chuckles, holder her arms
out to me. "Come here dear, I haven't seen you in awhile." I inch forward forcing myself to imbrace
the women. "Come inside Cali" She says, more an order then an invitation.

The house is much the same as it was when I was a child. Stark and clean without the
warm,homey-ness of a normal house. But then I guess it isn't a normal house, It holds
secret's. My mother sets her bag down and disappears into the the kitchen. "I'll make
some coffee, make yourself comfortable." " No chance of that." I mutter.

As soon as she disappears I dive for the phone, hurriedly dialing the police. "I know
where you can find the missing baby and the women who stole her" I whisper. "They're
at 432 West-" "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Hisses a dark voice behind me.

Whipping around I freeze. "Please, no" I whisper, staring at the gun. " They aren't married"
She spits with distaste. "The little whore doesn't deserve a baby, and neither does your stupid brother"
"Mother, she's your granddaughter." I say louder, my voice quavering. "Your brother is a
disappointment already and I won't have people knowing he had a child out of wedlock." I glance
quickly at the window, wondering if I could move quickly enough get out it but the chances are slim.

A cry breaks the thick silence and mother moves swiftly over to her bag, reaching in to bring the baby
out. Her glance hardens at the sight of the child, it's not the loving gaze of before but a distasteful glare,
the look you give to something that disgusts you. "She can't be saved you know." She says, glancing back
at me. Realisation and horror surround me. she has no plans to find a new family for Anabel, she plans to
kill her.

A loud rap at the door shakes me back to reality. I glance down at the phone one the floor where I
dropped it, the green light tells me it's still on. a smiles spreading acrossed my face. "Your done."
I say, my voice brittle and full of hate. "Anabel will get to go back to her family and you'll go
to prison for all the babies you kidnapped."

"I never kidnapped them, I saved them from they're sinning parents!" She screeches at me, making
Anabel's cries double in volume. "No, mother!" I scream "You're the only true sinner!"
With an angry yell she points the gun at Anabel. " I may be going to prison but this little
abomination is going were she belongs!" "No!" I scream. There's two shots, a scream and
then only pain.
Inventor
Original Poster
#65 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 5:39 PM
The End

Kamryn, hurry up!" I sigh, shifting Anabel to my other arm. "I'm coming,
go ahead and I'll be there in a sec." She says, glancing down at her feet again.
" Move a little quicker ok? Cali got shot and she's moving faster then you!" I snap
as Anabel gives my hair a sharp pull. Kamryn rolls her eyes. "She got shot eight
months ago" She says, kicking at a rock. "Here" I say, handing Anabel to Griffin.
"No, let me hold her" Cali says. "She's my godchild after all." Cali has changed
for the better. She can still be rude and selfcentered sometimes but she's alot nicer
and she loves Anabel.

She's silent for a minute before quietly saying "What if he doesn't like me?
"I smile at her. "He'll like you."I say. "Your his daughter". Kamryn sniffs,
brushing at her cheek and looks at me. "But I'm not like you." She says sadly.
"Your all cute and perfect and I'm all....weird." I laugh. "So's he"

Soon enough we reach the house and I can't help smiling at the sight of the
chipping paint, cracked front walk and weedy lawn. To passersby it looks like
a dilapatated mess, but I grew up there and I can feel the love and memories
without even opening the door. Kamryn starts to squirm again, backing away slowly.
She hardly has time to move though before the front door flies open and a blur of
black hair races straight for me. "Kyla!" He screams, slamming into me with enough
force to almost knock me over. I smile and reach down to pry Dylan off of me.
"Hey Dil" I say. "See over there? Thats your sister Kamryn. Why don't you go say hi"
Dylan smiles and races over to her, slamming her into a powerful hug also. "Hey cool!"
He squeaks.

"She looks just like you Kyla!" I roll my eyes. 'that's because we're twins Dylan."
"Cool! do I have a twin too!" He squeals. The door slams again. "Dylan, let go of Kyla
before you squish all the air out-" Dad stops talking and stares from me to Kamryn.
"Oh my god..." He mumbles. "It's really her." "Um, hi?" Kamryn says quietly.Dad stumbles
over to her and wraps her in a deep hug, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I missed you without
ever even knowing you." He whispers.

~ One Week Later ~
~*~ Kamryn ~*~

Sunlight filters through my bedroom window and roll over, savoring the lazy comfort.
I can hear Griffin and Kyla laughing and talking in Anabel's room next door to mine.
Tucker and Dylan are outside playing catch and the alluring smell of pancakes is wafting
into my room so Audrey must be making breakfast. This is all still so strange so I'v been
calling them by name instead of Mom and Dad but they seem to understand. I grew up
thinking someone else was my dad and I'll always love him. Because even if he wasn't my
real father, his love for me was real.

" I think my luck has finally changed for the better." I say, rubbing Kirby's head. I smile,
confident in the idea that maybe, maybe I can be happy. I watch Cali walk down the
driveway to the car. She's probably going to visit her mother's grave. I think she still
feels guilty for her mother getting killed. When her mother tried to shoot Anabel, Cali knocked
Anabel out of her hands and ended up getting shot herself. Her mother also got shot though,
by the police. She wasn't as lucky though. Cali got shot in the arm and lived to annoy another
day, her mother got shot in the neck.

"Kamryn, come down. There's someone I want you to meet!" Kyla calls. Pulling myself
from my daydream and hurry to get dressed before running downstairs. Kyla is standing
next to a tall man with dark hair and pale skin. "Kamryn, this is my friend Jude." Kyla
says with a knowing smile. "Yep, my luck is definately changing." I think to myself,
with a smile.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 5:44 PM
Whoa, nice ending.

I hope Jude's got a buzzcut, though. Otherwise, he's got a rather distinct lack of dark hair... ^^;
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 8:26 PM
I just caught up on everything and I loved it!!! :clap:
Wonderful story Penny, and wonderful ending!! <3 <3

Instructor
#68 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 2:03 PM
Eeee! I love happy endings. So sweet! I'm glad Cali's all good now (mainly)... and that her mother's dead! I love this story!
Instructor
#69 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 2:57 PM
This was wonderful.
#70 Old 30th May 2007 at 10:51 PM
I just read this and its awlsome! I can't really believe its the end! :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#71 Old 30th May 2007 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChrstyFarie07
I just read this and its awlsome! I can't really believe its the end! :D

LOL thank you! I have a prequel to this one called "Who's Your daddy?" Posted here and I'll probably use decendants of these sims for my next story.
#72 Old 30th May 2007 at 11:00 PM
You're welcome, yay! You're writing another story! I can't wait!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 31st May 2007 at 4:01 AM
ahhh, great story Penny, just finished reading the whole thing..well done
#74 Old 31st May 2007 at 5:51 AM
Aww that was an awesome ending! Great job Penny!!!
#75 Old 31st May 2007 at 7:17 AM
AWESOME story!!
Page 3 of 4