Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 10:31 PM
I don't think Skylah is in the wrong at all, even though I can't exactly relate (I'm a guy and still at school) I know what it's like when you never see a loved one because they are always busy with something else, you'd give anything to be with them. And in this case Skylah is willing to give up a bit of money so that her family is complete - fair enough!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 10:51 PM
I don't think Skylah is in the wrong at all. Michael and Skylah remind me so much of my mom and dad. My dad is always at work and my mom knows that he has to support the family but we barely see him and when we do see him, it's only for a few hours then he's asleep. I think they're in a very hard predicament. All Skylah wants in love from her husband, not more material things. All Michael has to do is make some adjustments to his job and they'll be happy. Wow, I made them sound real. LOL

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 12:58 AM
FreakAboutSims, i think you should open your mind and stop generalizing that all women are shallow and materialistic.

Great updates!! i love this story.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 9:13 AM
That doesnt mean all women are like that.
If Skylah is unhappy, that doesnt make her unhappiness wrong.
It means she has different priorities than you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 12:07 PM
Wow i've started a war here.
FreakaboutSims i appreciate you're feedback, and am happy you're liking the story and are obviously very involved but i have stated in the story that Michael makes MORE than enough money to support them, also Skylah works part-time (which i hadn't mentioned yet) so it's Michael that wants more 'posessions' i guess you would say whereas Skylah wants some quality time with her husband every now and again and there's a communication breakdown in thier relationship.
Hope that clears things up.
Remember..they are only sims and this is only a story.

So anyways i think i've just wasted a whole entire weekend making a Mall because now i've sent people there my the game slows down until it eventually freezes. My computer just can't handle it.
Tomorrow i will continue writing the story again...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 1:33 PM
Ok i have written the next 2 chapters and will go in game tomorrow and get the pictures and post
seeya soon
#57 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 7:57 PM
I'm really enjoying this story. It's original and I really like the depth the characters all have. Keep up the good work.
retired moderator
#58 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 10:21 AM
FreakAboutSims... Enough with the violent and unnecessary dramatic hate-words pertaining to the character, Skylah. Please remember this is a SIMS STORY and is written purely for entertainment, not to spur debates. If you would like to state your opinions, please do so in a respective and organized way in the Debate Room.

This is a great story, and Im looking forward to seeing an update soon

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 11:03 AM
Default A godsend
Ben seemed a little less depressed last time I visited. He seems to have taken well to Jennifer’s company.

He was telling me they often have a chat after she’s finished the cleaning and she told him what led her back to Simvalley Heights.

Jennifer’s husband Wayne would often come home drunk and was often abusive towards her, both mentally and physically.

She had put up with it for Brayden’s sake until one night when Wayne had been particularly violent;

Brayden came out of his room to defend his mother when Wayne swung a punch at him.

Her original fear of leaving Wayne had, in an instant, turned into an even bigger fear of staying. It was one thing for her to take a fist from her husband but it was her responsibility to protect her son.
She waited until her husband had passed out on the couch before grabbing what little she could in her haste, grabbing Brayden and fleeing.

Jennifer was thankful she had bought herself a cheap old car 2 months earlier or she couldn’t fathom how she would have got away so quickly. Worse, she may still be stuck there with the Beast as she refers to him.

I was curious as to why then, there was a truck dropping off furniture outside her house and I was informed that the Salvo’s had donated furniture to help her get back on her feet.

Ben then said that hearing Jennifer’s story made him realize his world isn’t all that bad. ‘Don’t get me wrong Mary’ he said. 'I will always suffer the heartache of losing Sarah but it’s time I stopped feeling sorry for myself, especially when there’s people out there a lot worse off than I am, and who have suffered more than i have. I was blessed with a loving wife and the happy times i shared with her.’

I was quite engaged in what Ben was telling me, or rather that Ben was focused on something other than losing his wife. It was terribly brutal what Jennifer suffered but I was relieved to see there may be hope for Ben yet. Although I didn’t say anything, I kept my fingers crossed....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 12:53 PM
Default Enlightenment
I ran into Michael at the mall as he was coming off the escalator. He was off to buy himself take-away again.

I knew of his situation with Skylah as I sometimes mind Jeremy when she goes to work, if her parents aren’t available. It wasn’t hard not to see the strain this left on Michael’s face, so I asked how he was.
At first he didn’t want to discuss it and I said goodbye and was about to walk away when he stopped me and asked if I would mind coming over for a chat when I was done with my shopping.

Michael couldn’t understand why Skylah was so unhappy so I asked if he’d asked her and he relayed what she had told him. Eyes opening as if he had just heard this for the first time.

Michael then paused for a moment. ‘I thought this was what she wanted’ he seemed confused. ‘A big house, nice clothes. I bought a big flat screen TV not so long ago.’
‘And she can go shopping whenever she wants’
‘Perhaps it’s not shopping she wants’ I responded carefully.
‘But isn’t that what all women want?’ He asked perplexed.

‘Well I would say most women do enjoy clothes and gifts and I’m sure she is very grateful’ I also know she appreciates how you look after her and Jeremy financially, but tell me Michael, What is the point of having all these things if there’s no-one to share it with? I asked gently.

‘It seems Skylah is willing to sacrifice these things to spend time with the man she loves, and it would be a terrible shame to miss out on the growing years of your young son. Surely there is a way to compromise?’
Michael seemed to be struggling to comprehend this information so I slowly continued.
‘You know, my Harold, god rest his soul, worked very hard too, we were on a very tight budget back then and jobs were sparse, but he always made time for us. Even if it was a picnic in the backyard with a bottle of apple cider and some sandwiches, and every Christmas we would take a walk together around the streets to see all the Christmas lights people had put up.’ I recalled.

‘I cherish those moments Michael and no amount of money could buy them.’ I smiled.
'why don't you call her, pet? I'm sure you two have a lot of things to talk about'.....
#61 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 1:14 PM
Yay! Awesome update!
Instructor
#62 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 2:09 PM
Yay! I'm hoping Michael will get the point and sort things out with Skylah. Very nice update, things are looking happy!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 9:38 PM
nice update!
Theorist
#64 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 10:04 PM
Just got caught up, great updates! Good to see that Ben is recovering more now.
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 2:06 AM
Good job on making the mall. And it looks like Michael is finally beginning to understand why Skylah left.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:57 AM
yay ^_^ im so glad he's going to call her
great updates
Field Researcher
#67 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 8:21 AM
Great story anyways.

I hope Skylah still dies through.

All women want is things, and Michael is becoming brainwashed.

Skylah, I hope you die!

Now won't this be interesting, what if Skylah and Michael gets back together and then Michael is drafted into the military during a war. Now that will be interesting.

In the neighborhood, it might be interesting to see how the whole neighborhood deals with a war.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 5:05 PM
Freakaboutsims..you just don't get it do you....

Great story!..I love it, well written and good realistic storylines..thanks Starwyn
Field Researcher
#69 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 2:09 AM
No, I get that Skylah is evil and everyone is brainwashed that she isn't.
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 5:44 PM
you know, I think you've got in for women freakaboutsims. She has every right in the world to do what she did, I would do the same.

Skylah, I give this advice though, michael is good husband and you should go back to him, he is trying really hard and, being a man, he doesn't really know what women truly want

SKYLAH IS NOT EVIL!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 5:44 AM
Default A trip to the Mall
This next chapter isn't well written, apologies in advance. I needed to put across a relationship for a later chapter and was basically just too lazy to go back in the game to take specific pictures as it would have taken forever
ie: load game, load town, load house, send people to community, you know the drill...10 hours later...yes i have way too many downloads lol
So anyways i whipped this one up quickly-ish with the pics i already had.

Warrick dropped his daughters off at the mall while he did some grocery shopping.
‘You girls stay together won’t you. Don’t go wandering off anywhere on your own ok.’
‘No dad’ they replied in unison before heading off.
‘And meet me back here in an hour’ He called after them.

‘Hey there’s Evalina’ Bethany pointed toward Evalina coming down the escalator.

Both Evalina and Warrick had lived in Simvalley Heights all their lives and now lived on the same street.
Brionne and Bethany always got a kick out of seeing her. Apart from the fact she was practically famous she was also a good influence on the girls and always had time for them.
‘Hi girls’ She waved. ‘Where’s your dad?’
‘He’s buying groceries and we get to go shopping by ourselves.’ Bethany chirped. ‘But can we hang out with you?’
Evalina laughed. ‘Of course you can, I’m just going to SMV to buy some CD’s for a party we’re having next week.’
‘oh that’s where we were going too’ Brionne replied. ‘Dad gave me some money to buy the new Greenday album.’
‘Cool’ Said Evalina as they entered the store. ‘And what about you Beth. Did your dad give you money for a CD too?
‘Yep!’ I’m buying Britney Spears. ‘She’s so pretty’ Beth giggled.
‘She’s got nothin’ on you Bethy.’ Evalina winked as she paid for her CD’s. ‘You girls had lunch?’

‘Not yet.’ Brionne replied.
‘Want McDonald’s?’
‘I do, I do’ Bethany cheered hugging her around the waist.’Can we have a sundae too?’
‘Bethany!’ Brionne gently pushed her arm. ‘That’s bad manners! You can’t ask that.’
Brionne smiled apologetically at Evalina.
‘Oh it’s alright’ Evalina smoothed Bethany’s ponytail.’She’s just excited’.

Evalina let Bethany order their food while she chatted with Brionne at the booth they were sitting at.
‘So your dad tells me you’ve got a boyfriend’
‘HAD a boyfriend’ Brionne corrected.
Just then Bethany returned to the booth. ‘He was yukky. She said overhearing their conversation. ‘and he always called me Beffany’

Evalina chuckled. She adored Warricks daughters and loved spending time with them as much as they did with her.
After they had eaten Evalina finished off her coke.‘Well I better get going.'

'I need to pop in and see Jennifer and you girls need to meet your Dad. Come on, I’ll walk back down with you.’
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 5:54 AM
Default A friend in need
Hearing of Jennifer’s predicament, Evalina paid her a visit.

‘Now why didn’t you tell me you were looking for a job?’ She asked her when Jennifer greeted her outside in her pj's.
‘Well it’s kind of embarrassing’ Jennifer cringed slightly. ‘And I’m not exactly qualified for anything decent.'
'I left school early being pregnant with Brayden.'
Evalina shook her head at her. ‘Now You don’t need qualifications to deliver flowers for me ,I could use a delivery girl, I’m run off my feet with the business and photo shoots. What do you say?’

Jennifer could hardly contain herself. ‘Oh Evalina you are the best!’ Thank you sooo much for this, you won’t regret it I promise.’ She squealed.
‘Don’t be silly’. Evalina replied happily. ‘We’re friends aren’t we?’

As they were chatting on the front porch Brayden walked out after hearing the commotion. Jennifer introduced him to Evalina before dashing inside to change out of her pajama’s.
While Jennifer was inside Evalina, noticing Brayden looking down the street nervously, asked what the problem was.
Brayden explained that some of the older kids from school walked past on a Friday on their way to the skate park and had been picking on him and calling him a loser.

‘A loser! Evalina exclaimed. ‘But you’re so cute! Why would they call you that? I see school hasn’t changed much then, God I’m glad those days are over.’
Jennifer, back in regular clothes, nodded in agreement.
Brayden blushed ‘But wouldn’t you have been like a cheerleader or something? Really popular?’ Brayden stumbled.
‘Oh god no’ Evalina replied. ‘I was called Gonzo at school.’ Heard every nose joke under the sun.’
‘But you’re a model!’ Brayden was dumbfounded. ‘And you don’t have a big nose at all.’

Evalina laughed. ‘No not now I don’t, I had my adenoids removed and had the surgeons make some adjustments at the same time. Now these boys you’re having trouble with. I think I have an idea.’
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 5:56 AM
woops i just noticed Evalina has 2 different outfits on, let's just pretend we didn't see that LOL sorry
Test Subject
#74 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 7:38 AM
oh yeah, I thought something was a little funny, but hey who cares, she could have changed her top sometime in the story, lovin it. When are you gonna do another update with skylah and michael, I wan't to hear what happens next
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 10:47 AM
I've just finished it, but photobucket is down :/
So i'll give it half hour and try again
Page 3 of 8