Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 9:33 AM
Default All that came after Norah... [Chapers 22 + Epilouge!]
Hello all! Long time no see =) I bring a new story. A little swearing, a little sexual reference, but I'm hoping it's not too bad.

- Tixi

Prolouge - Norah

I met Norah at a party when she was fifteen. Her hair was more of treacle than straw, but her eyes were blue and her breasts firm below her t-shirt. Alluring, she fluttered her eyelids and my heart, barely nearing nineteen, jumped into my throat. The first kiss tasted of warm bourbon leeching from my own saliva, and her cool, flicking passion pop tounge.

As a pregnant sixteen year old, she yelled a 'fuck you' to her parents, and stormed out the door. Dumped books on my sofa and threw herself down after, stomach swelled, waistline stretched, she opened The Tempest and sat silent as I made her lunch, thinking through a cloud of tobacco, that i would very much like to marry this girl someday.

Her anger grew as hormones filled her stomach, turning her sweet, plump lips into a scowl, freckles the color of chocolate on palid skin. I rotated my thumbs, faster and faster, the controller sweating in my hand, her voice reverberating in my ears.

Ferocious, she gave birth to James Elliot White a month premature, and a month after she had stormed to her room, a cake decorated with seventeen candles untouched on the kitchen table.

James had charcoal hair and milk skin, set with eyes like a tropical ocean. I loved him more than I thought possible, and set down my Woodstock & Cola to heat up his bottle.

Norah lay on stinking sheets, packets of crisps open around her, crumbs in her socks.

She had never been one to keep weight on, and when her skirts slid back into place with ease, she threw the door back on its hinges, peeling off down the street while i sat on the stained shagpile carpet, puppets on my hands, a chubby toddler asleep at my knees.

I worked as a cleaner, mopping floors three nights a week. I shuffled in the door as dawn broke, James' cries greeting me, Norah and a bottle of vodka arm in arm on the sofa, TV buzzing softly.

Norah never worked, except on good days, when she attemped to write essays long overdue. I'll graduate one day she'd whine, brow furrowed, it's just so goddam hard with a kid!

At nineteen, she was pregnant again.

I don't want this, you know, she sighed angrily, dealing out the cards, James asleep in his crib, I never wanted any of this

Yvette Jane White, perfect at full term, ten fingers, ten toes, a fine sprinkling of hair. I gave the crying bundle her first bath, changed her first nappy, warmed her first bottle. Norah binged, cursing when Size 10 gave her a muffin top.

Norah died when she was almost twenty-one. Heatstroke. She'd been at the beach. I made arrangements for her funeral with a weight off my shoulders, and two innocent-faced children staring up at me.

2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 9:42 AM
OT: Yay! First post!
On Topic: That was a really good beginning. This is sure to be an awesome story. I'm lurrrving it, Tixi. Can't wait for the update so we can see where the journey goes...shame about Norah though. But it seemed at the end she wasn't particularly sweet.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 12:49 PM
I just found this story and im already starting to like it
#4 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 1:03 PM
This is so good!!!
I hope this man will be a good father and take care of the kids well.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 1:08 PM
This sounds really good! Ill be reading it as you update

There's a thunder in our hearts, baby.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 1:16 PM
i love it hope you update soon
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 4:27 PM
Interesting, haven't seen something like this before.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:34 PM
This sounds fabulous so far, and your writing is very beautiful. I think it sounds very real.
#9 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:34 PM
I like it very much. You've got a good writing style. Cant wait to read more
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 7:42 PM
Even the title made me curious. It's a very promosing start :D, and it sounds like a real life situation!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:31 PM
Default Chapter 1 - Kids
Yvette squirmed as I sloshed warm water over her back. Muted squeals from behind her pacifier, hands beating the surface, sending sprays of water over my shirt.

Hold still, for gods sake! i cursed her in my head, longing for the familiar sag of the couch cushions, the cold of a VB, the jeering of my 'mates'. Haven't heard that in a while.

The dummy dropped from between her gums and piercing wails filled the dingy bathroom.

Nyyyyerrrrrr! Nyyyyerrrrr! Bsscchhhh! Pchhhhhhhh! James swooped and jumped his model fighter plane through the door Take cover dad! Nyyyyerrrrr! Pyow! Pyow!

James please, keep it down! I gritted my teeth, massaged my temples. Scooped Yvette up and she caught on the rusted tap. A gash on her arm, near her shoulders. The wails became frantic.

Fuck!

Crimson seeped from the fine line. Naked toddler on my hip, I fumbled for antiseptic.

Daddy swore! Nyyerrrrr! Dudududududududududu!! simulated machine gun fire charged bullet by bullet at my head

I'm so sorry, baby screams as I rubbed the stinging, clear liquid on her skin, I'm so sorry, that was an accident.

Nyyyyyerrrrr! Pyow! Bschhhhhhhh!
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:36 PM
This story is so well written, and so realistic. Keep it up!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:58 PM
Default Chapter 2 - Dora
A ball of fur barely as big as my palm. White with grey flecks. Curious brown eyes.

Holy shoot! A dog! That's awsome! Greg Marten from school has a doberman. It's black and brown. What kind of dog is it dad? What's it called? Thank you soooo much!

James bounced, circling me as i held out the whimpering bundle.

It's a husky, not a doberman, but it'll be just as strong he took the dog eagerly, putting it up to his face, rubbing his nose in its fur, and we're going to let your sister name it

What! Why? She's too young to name a dog! James drooped, ideals of Goku the Husky, Vegeta the Husky, Ash Ketchum the Husky, melting from his mind

Yetty! Come in here, bubs

Yvette toddled in, eyes wide

Doggy!

That's right I smiled, taking the dog from James, now, you have a very important mission. What do you want the doggy's name to be?

She frowned, thinking, for several moments.

Dora the s'plorer! she gurgled happily

I laughed, But Yvette, this is a boy dog, wouldnt you rather call him something like...Rex? Rover? Spot?

Dora! her voice raised above mine angrily. How dare we not agree with her suggestion.

I sighed, scratched the back of my neck and looked at James, eyebrows raised.

Dora it is, I smiled again, passing Dora the Boy Husky to Yvette

#14 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 11:49 PM
This is really good! Can't wait for more! :D
Inventor
#15 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 12:58 AM
Awesome! You have sort of a... I dunno... "minimalistic" writing style, which is very unique! I love it so far! ^_^
Poor kid, having a dog named Dora...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:02 AM
Hmm, this is a really pecuilar style of writing. Very short and abrupt, but for some reason I luvs it. Update soon and happy simsing!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:07 AM
I love the style of writing It's really descriptive, and I havent seen that in sims stories lately. I feel sorry for the kids AND the dad This stuff is really awesome!

There's a thunder in our hearts, baby.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:49 AM
I too love the style of writing. As people have said it's very minimalistic, but that's so unique. I love it. And the pictures are really well done.
Inventor
#19 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:59 PM
As people have said, you have a very unusual writing style. I love it though, this story is really addictive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 8:14 AM
Default Chapter 3 - Moving
East of the mall, all the houses are made of fibro. Windows rotted wood. Doors bang all night, babies cry. Women scream, husbands drink.

The kids, now at East Jefferson Public School, years three and one respectively, knew more choice words than a lewd sixteen year old. James told dinner table stories of a girl in his class that lifted her skirt for a dollar a look. Yvette traded sandwiches for Mars Bars with a boy with a black eye.

Year six kids have cigarettes in their pockets! James laughed eagerly, racking his brain for more shock value

I shook my head and smacked Yvette's elbows off the table.

Tucked them into bed at seven-thirty and eight. Front door locked, deadlocked and bolted. Back door blocked with a chair. Windows latched. Front light on, a radio buzzing in the front room. A baseball bat in the umbrella bucket.

I lay on the quilted doona and flicked on the television. Fell asleep to Lateline, and dreamed of Norah. Hair more treacle than straw. In the dream she stood by my bed. Crying.

Woke up shaking. Kids in the kitchen slopping milk on the countertop. Cocopops littered the floor.

Buckled the kids up at eight-twenty-three. Dropped them at school and did an illegal U-turn. Nobody looked up, but the man with the mullet, chain smoking, leaning on a telegraph pole. His daughter had unwashed hair and food on her trackpants.

Into town to collect my pension. Answer questions about my unemployment.

Wife died. Young kids. Cant afford daycare.

Sauntered out of the Centrelink office, past the bank. Stopped at the real estate. Jotted the number on the back of my hand.

Hello, Stephan White speaking. Um...yes. I was thinking of selling my house. East Jefferson. Yes, i know it isn't a high demand area, but i was hoping you could...oh, really? This weekend? Yes, we can be out of the house at that time. Thank you! Thank you so much!

On Saturday, I took the kids out for icecream. Double choc-fudge and Rainbow Ripple, and Baileys and Almond for me. Stood by the play equiptment in the park, two dripping cones in my left hand. Yvette whooped from down the slide and James hung one handed from the monkey bars, model plane swishing through the bars.

Monday, i sat them down on the lounge.

How would you kids feel about moving? Upstate, perhaps. Into the city.

Moving! James shrieked Why?!
Yeah, why! Yvette mimicked. drawing out her 'y'

Say you wanted to buy...some pot, for instance. Where in town would you go, James? I raised my eyebrows, as if to show my interest in his answer

James swelled, Out the back of Pete's Deli, and the loading dock of the IGA, and the kebab shop after midnite!, beamed with pride

And that, i grinned, clapped my hands together, is why we're moving

The children shrugged at one another.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 11:41 PM
i LOVE this.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 11:45 PM
Now theres a smart child, admitting to his father he knows where to get pot. Update soon!! Happy simsing.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Inventor
#23 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 12:34 AM
This chapter is pretty funny! ^_^ I'm glad their situation is going to get a little better. I don't even know where to get drugs in my tiny little city, and I'm 19!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 6:17 AM
Default Chapter 4 - Redstone
All morning i lifted crudely sellotaped boxes into the boot of the car. Children whalloped each other with pillows on the lawn. Dora zigzagged underfoot.

Settle down guys, please, I sighed, a box of plates balancing perilously on top of a waffle maker

Strapped in the car, Yvette and James hollared and argued down the Princes Highway and through the sidestreets. Brain pounding in my ears, I contemplated heading over the barricades and hurtling down the slope beside the road.

Entered the city, buildings towering above the car, silenced the children as they stared in awe. Never seen skyscrapers before.
Drove one handed, swerving slightly, consulting the map on the seat beside me. Polished glass windows and BMW's faded away as we turned into Redstone. Historical sandstone buildings. Run down factorys. Backwards cap boys on bikes leaning on the window of the 7/11 choking down blue slushies. Laundrette's. Inner city slums, but no fibro. No women strolling down the sidewalk in carpet slippers and hair curlers. No blood shot eyes slumped against the front fence of the Primary School. At least, not yet.

Almost missed Bellview Cl. Swerved left. Narrowly avoided a head on. James and Yvette, hysterical in the back seat.

Found number twenty-three and pulled up on the gutter. Rows of identicle terrace houses ran down both sides of the street. Kids got out.

This is it? James looked around
Yvette ran her eyes over the dirt stained bricks. Wanted a house with a yard and a swingset. Room for Dora to have a kennel.

It'll be great inside, just wait and see! I beamed, hands on their backs, ushering them up to the door, you kids are gonna love it here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 6:42 AM
Default Chapter 5 - Carla
A sharp knuckled bang on the door. Tumbled out of bed, wrestled with a pair of Levi's. Kids still asleep. Swung open the door, a woman standing on the porch.

Hey, i'm Carla! she beamed, healthy white teeth, expensive clothes, enthusiastically shot out her hand

Stephan I mumbled, licking the gunk from the side of my lips away

I live next door, Carla explained with a short laugh. I snuck a glance at my watch. Nine-o-clock.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded, Ah, cool.

She looked around at the toys that had already managed to make their way onto the verandah.

You have kids? a weary smile, the kind you give a girl in a bar when her boyfriend approaches

Yeah, two. Girl and a boy. James and Yvette. I kicked Dora's bone a few feet to the left, wishing for more to say, or Carla to bounce off home.

I love kids! she grinned again, too optimistic for this time of day, So anyway, where abouts are you from?

And the routine started. Jefferson. Yeah, moved because of the area. No, just the kids. Yes. No. Yes. Yes. No.

Well anyway, Carla stretched, I have the day off today, so i better go get started cleaning the bathrooms

Yeah i'd better um...go grocery shopping, I scratched my neck, eyes apologetic. Didn't mean to suck at small talk.

Oh, no, hey! I'll save you the trouble! How about the three of you come round for dinner tonite? I'll cook my famous spag-bol!! she could have passed for a friendly southern chick in a romantic movie, except she wasnt southern

Uh, yeah, sure. That'd be great, I smiled weakly. The kids would love some proper food.

Great! Number twenty-one, obviously. Come 'round at about...six? Yeah, and she turned on her heel, clomping away in boots that i noticed probably cost more than my car

I put one hand in my pocket and patted Dora absentmindedly on the head, watching after her.
Page 1 of 4