Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 6:24 AM
Default The Goths of Simrose Place - Update 1/11/08
A story by longtime lurker, Jillysolo

Warning: This story contains occasional mild nudity and naughty behavior.

Simrose Place, the lazy seaside suburb of Pleasantview, is where the true story of the Goth family took place. But it all started many years before in a small inland town called Simville. And so, the story begins with the tale of the person who started all the trouble......

Part 1--Bella’s Story

Chapter 1. The Meeting

We first meet 17 year old Bella Bachelor, teenage beauty, coming home from cheerleader practice following her favorite route through the park.

She would often stop to sit and watch the little creatures that played there. The squirrels, the birds, even an occasional rabbit loved the park as much as she did. Sometimes she would sit there until almost dark, much to the exasperation of her mother, who had pretty much given up the concept of family dinner.

As she headed toward her favorite bench, Bella was brought up short.

“Oh no”, she thought. “There’s some old coot sitting on my bench!”

She approached the bench to …what? Maybe if she made him uncomfortable with her presence, he might go away.

As she got close the man turned and smiled at her. “Oh, he is very handsome….but he’s still sitting on my bench! Why is he smiling like that?”

The man motioned with his hand, “Would you care to join me Miss?”

“The nerve of the old coot. He must be at least 25, but he is very handsome.”

Bella did sit, and the man introduced himself as Morty Goth. She recognized the name. He was the heir of the well placed Goth family, old money don’t you know. Interesting….and have I mentioned that he was very handsome?

Bella was impressed. She introduced herself and was soon chattering like she had known him forever. They talked for hours about everything.

Morty suddenly looked up and saw that the lights were coming on in the park. “I am afraid that I have kept you too long. Your family will be worried.”

After Bella assured him that it was alright, he took her hands in his and said “I really must see you again Miss Bachelor. Would you go to dinner with me on Saturday night?

Bella was stunned, an older man wanted to take her out. “Wow, she thought, “all my girlfriends will be so jealous.

She looked up into Morty’s soft brown eyes and said, “I would simply love to have dinner with you on Saturday, Mr. Goth.”

4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 6:30 AM
Oooooh! It sounds really interesting so far! Bella does look really pretty as a teenager

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 9:02 AM
I like this idea, and it's a very cute start too!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:31 AM
Default Chapter 2. The Early Years - Part 1
The next months went by like a dream. Romantic dinners in dark restaurants, sunny picnics on the beach, moonlight walks in the park. Morty was smitten with the lovely Bella. And Bella was thrilled with her foray into the exciting adult world.

And Bella had changed in those months, from a giggling teenager to a beautiful young woman. It should therefore not come as a surprise that on Bella’s eighteenth birthday, Morty asked her a very important question.

#5 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:35 AM
WOW that was a fast update! 5:31 pm! I was looking at this story at 5:28!! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 12:13 PM
[Quote] “The nerve of the old coot. He must be at least 25, but he is very handsome.” [Quote]

old!!! at 25!!! sheesh, what does tha make me??? ancient
#7 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 1:02 PM
loooool Starwyn. Gosh your funny on all kinds of threadsBella is very pretty in this story!!
#8 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 4:02 PM
I really like it. This story has some good potential!
#9 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 4:07 PM
Nice, very nice I'll make sure to keep my eye on this story
#10 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 5:16 PM
Hi!
I love this story.
But I wonder.....
Why did u make Bella's eyes blue? It's not that I have anything against it but maxis made her have brown eyes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 11:37 PM
Slytherin, Inkbottleblue, Diamontegirl, BlackRoses and Fayreview—Thanks so much for reading and for your kind comments. Keep reading. Things do get more exciting later on.

Starwyn—Age is certainly relative. If Bella would think that you were ancient, she would think that I was Methuselah. And I am.

Oceanborn – Why blue eyes? Well……..Maxis was wrong!! Actually, I’ve never seen either of the ingame Bellas. I Made her with blue eyes because it makes her look so ethereal. (I think.)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 11:45 PM
this looks interesting, pleasantview families are soo fun:D
Can't wait to read more...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=starwyn]
Quote:
“The nerve of the old coot. He must be at least 25, but he is very handsome.” [Quote]

old!!! at 25!!! sheesh, what does tha make me??? ancient

prehistoric I'd say :D

nah, In my eyes people above 30 are considered off limits..... except for viewing pleasures :D(im 16 so for me 30 is way old)

but I must say, that comment captured the teenage way of thinking pretty well. Most of us go somewhat like that at least 15 times a week. "oww he's hot, omg he's got kids (toddlers)....nevermind!"

I like it, keep up the good work :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 5:52 AM
Default Chapter 2. - Part 2
And after a lovely wedding the young couple moved into the little house at 5
Sim Lane.

It was one of the Goth family homes and Bella wasn’t at all sure about the cemetery in the backyard. Morty assured her that this was common practice in his family so Bella decided to accept it as she was now a Goth.

The happy couple soon settled into married life. Bella was learning to cook and clean. She loved her new life and her doting husband.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 6:47 AM
Default Chapter 2. The Early Years – Part 3
It wasn’t very long before Bella had some interesting news for Morty.

It was an exciting time for the two of them. Morty was really getting into the fatherhood thing.

Bella was getting bigger everyday. And then one day, when she felt like she would not even be able to get up and walk, she knew it was time. And like millions of sims before her and to the surprise of her husband she suddenly gave birth to a darling baby girl.

Little Cassandra was the apple of her father’s eye from the start.

As time went on, father and daughter only became closer. Bella sometimes felt a little left out, but she tried to remember that she had everything a sim could want. She had a nice home, an up-and-coming husband and a beautiful daughter.

When Cassandra was almost 8, Bella found to her surprise, that she was pregnant again. When she told Morty, he didn’t seem to be very happy about the news. “Gee Honey,” he said, “this is going to complicate things. I hadn’t said anything yet because I wasn’t sure, but I just got a big promotion and I’m being transferred to the Spline Research Facility at Pleasantview.

Bella felt crushed. “I have to leave my family and all my friends? What about my home? I love this house. I don’t want to live in Pleasantview. There’s crime on the streets. And what about Cassandra? I hear the schools are really bad.”

They fought into the night over the move until Morty lost all patience.

“Bella, be reasonable. This is a wonderful opportunity for me….for us. It can’t be that bad in Pleasantview! I don’t want to hear another word about it!”

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 6:55 AM
i like this story
can't wait to see how little cassandra looks grown up!
#17 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 9:58 AM
Excellent!... I just realised that origionally the Calientes must have lived where the Bachelors did because Dina married Micheal.... so I guess half the sims didn't origionally live in Pleasantview... well done for working that out
Scholar
#18 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 5:56 PM
I like it! It's never any fun when everything's all sunshine and roses after all :P

(And Bella is a lovely bride by the way )

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 1:03 AM
Default Chapter 3. Simrose Place by the Sea – Part 1
Bella’s outburst was not the last on the subject of moving. She was used to getting her way and really did not want to leave her home. Morty however, was uncharacteristically firm. He felt this was the right move to make for his career and his family. They moved to a suburb of Pleasantview, Simrose Place by the Sea. As luck would have it, it was also the ancestral home of the Goths. Goth Manor had stood empty for quite awhile but now it would be filled once more with the laughter of children.

Alexander was born soon after the move and Bella was once again busy with cooking, cleaning and childcare.

This was good because Morty was spending more and more time at work. When He wasn’t working late into the night at the Research Facility, he was locked in his home office analyzing data.

Bella tried to get him to spend more time with the family. She argued that she and the children needed him.

The couple argued about it over and over. Morty interpreted this as Bella working too hard and decided to hire a nanny to take care of the children. This essentially separated Bella from the children and she lost their trust and devotion.

The children were growing up. Alexander was a lonely little boy. He never really got a chance to relate to his father, who was always too busy, and he became excessively shy and made no real friends. As time went on, little Alex retreated into his video games. Bella didn’t know how to reach her unhappy son and he just hid out and pursued his solitary interests for the most part, pushing his mother away.

Cassandra was well into the screaming teens. Nothing Bella did could please the girl. She began wearing black and accessorizing with dog collars.

She hung out at weird places with weird looking boys. Bella prayed every night that Cassandra wouldn’t get pregnant with any of those strange boys.

Bella tried to talk to Morty about the children. But the children were a mystery to him and Bella seemed determined to tear him away from his research at crucial time.

The more Bella pushed, the more he pulled away. Once again, Morty misinterpreted the situation as Bella’s problem and hired a maid and gardener to help out. This unilateral decision angered Bella. She had a great void in her life and as we all know, nature demands the filling of such a void.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 1:54 AM
Default Chapter 3. Simrose Place – Part 2
Bella began to make increasingly more frequent visits to the city. Sometimes she would even stay overnight. She told Morty, when he bothered to ask, that she was visiting friends, shopping or taking classes.

In reality, Bella had become addicted to the club scene. Once exposed to it, she couldn’t get enough of the bright lights and music. It was like a drug to her. She had played the quiet housewife for too long. The rebellious teenager had resurfaced. Bella became a fixture at all the trendy clubs and was the darling of all the men who frequented such places.

And it was said that she was one of the few women admitted to the infamous men’s club, Degenerates. While the townswomen hung around the front gate, fighting and hoping to catch their husbands coming out, Bella quietly let herself in by a side gate with her very own key. There Bella danced and drank and tried desperately to make up for the void she felt in her life. She was out of control.

Bella was about to make the worse choice of her life, the one that would bring everything crashing down.

It was at Degenerates that Bella met a handsome young intern, Don Lothario. She was smitten by his charming ways and good looks.

Don saw in the young housewife, the ticket to a better life. He started borrowing money from Bella. Medical School was expensive and Don wanted to go in style. Soon there were romantic trysts at Don’s house with marathon hot tub sessions and drinking and dancing on the balcony.

The selfish Don had Bella so entranced that she missed the signs that should have told her what kind of person her new lover really was. He not only took her money and her heart, but his next act took her dignity.
#21 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 5:32 AM
This story is amazing! Love the updates!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 6:37 AM
Hey, eruwenfuin--I was a teenager once and I didn't like it.

Fayreview - I never really liked the way Maxis handled the change from Sims 1 to Sims 2. There was no continuity, so I made my own. (Continuity, that is)

Slytheringirl - S and R definity does not apply to the Goths. Mark my word, there's trouble brewing on the horizon.

jenny - I think Cass will probably surprize you.

msnicolejones - Thanks, there's plenty more updates coming.
#23 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 6:59 AM
I know what you mean! I mean look At Brandi, that's just a mine field.... Brandi was born and raised in 25 years and so was Dustin? I don't think so.......

If you really wonder why I point this out I was upset when the Newbies turned out to be dead..... So i turned my attention to their daughter....
Instructor
#24 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 11:30 PM
I caught this story in lurker mode yesterday and wanted to let you know that I loved it.
I was a big Sims1 fan and though I never played Pleasantveiw in Sims2, I'm a sucker for the stories. It's cool how each writer has a unique twist on the same characters. I'm glad you decided to share your vision with the rest off us. Looking forward to the update.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 1:09 AM
I just found the story and Im really really looking forward to reading all the twists in this story
Page 1 of 8