Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 3:13 AM
I just found this story too and it's really cute! I've always wondered about the Goth family and what happened. Good updates! Can't wait to see what happened next.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 2:33 AM
fayreview - I also reconstituded the Newbies. They have a sweet set of triplets. And they just might do a cameo appearance later on.

Montridge - Thanks so much. I agree that it is so interesting to see each person's take on the same characters. I think it tells us a little bit about our own personalities.

sweetbabyhnd - I'm glad to have your support. I think you'll find that this story has about everything in it but the kitchen sink.

Stormy - Thanks for reading. I hope you continue to enjoy.
#28 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 10:53 AM
I really like it. It's a great story and it's from the side we don't really know about. I can't wait for the next update.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 11:10 PM
Default Chapter 3. – Part 3
When they were apart Bella thought about her handsome lover all day and dreamed about him all night. The only glitch in the relationship came when Don insisted that she have a nude painting done by infamous artist, Simcent Van Gogh. "Please darling, I could never pose for such a thing,” protested Bella.

“It’s just once Bella. Is that so much to ask to give me a present that I really want. If you really loved me….”

Bella did not want to do it, but in the end she could refuse Don nothing.
Van Gogh had a set in his back yard where he painted most of his nudes. Out there in the open, she felt very vulnerable and exposed but that was nothing compared to dealing with the artist himself.

“Strip off girlie and let’s get started,” he growled, leering at her.

She kept telling herself that it would make Don happy, but the old pervert poked and prodded at her and made crude remarks until she could not longer hold back her tears. And the more she wept the more he seemed to enjoy the situation.

Van Gogh worked into the night and at one point told her to sit down and rest while he finished. She laid down on the bench and closed her eyes. She felt the bench move and opened her eyes to see him crouching over her like a huge ugly spider.

He jumped and grabbed her and they wrestled for a minute before she pulled free and started crying hysterically.

His response was to laugh as if it were the world’s funniest joke. “Relax girlie. That was just a little tip for the artist. We’re done here. Get dressed. I’ve got a cab waiting for you.”

He carried the portrait out and placed it in the cab. Bella thought that maybe he was trying to make up for the way he had behaved. A few seconds later she knew she was wrong.

“Another little tip for the artist, girlie,” he called after the cab.

Don hung the offensive creation in his bedroom, a constant reminder to Bella of the humiliating experience.

Still, Bella forgave Don and she missed him so much when they were apart that she finally made a decision. She couldn’t wait to tell Don. When she arrived at his house that night she said, “Darling, we have to talk. I have something very important to tell you.”
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 11:38 PM
Default Chapter 4. All Dreams Must End –Part 1
“Darling, we have to talk. I have something very important to tell you.”

“Oh, oh,” thought Don, “this can’t be good. Is she pregnant? That would really upset my gravy train.”

He tried to divert her attention but finally Bella blurted out, “I’m going to leave my husband. We can be together all the time.”

“Oh damn, that is the pits.” That’s what Don thought, but he said,”Now darling, we can’t afford to set up housekeeping right now.” You know how expensive Medical School is. And I really need to devote more time to my studies, which I couldn’t do if you were here all the time tempting me. In fact, finals are coming up and we’re going to have to cool it for awhile so that I can get caught up. Just be patient a little while longer. You understand don’t you?”

Bella was crestfallen but had to agree with Don. She couldn’t jeopardize their future by being selfish.

Then Don called a taxi for her and sent her on her way with the promise to call her just as soon as he got caught up with his work.

Several weeks passed and Bella was aching to see Don. It seemed like forever since she had heard from her lover and so to pass the time Bella went to a little café for lunch. Of course, it just happened to be near the hospital.

If she couldn’t be with him, she could at least be near him. And who knows, she might just catch sight of her love.

Bella entered the café and sat down near a table of nurses.

They were gossiping about the doctors. “Dr. Lothario is usually quite the womanizer,” said the blond nurse. “He usually prefers the married ones. But I heard that he has become quite serious about one lady.” Bella’s ears perked up. “She’s quite rich and young.”

“Well, I’m not all that young,” Bella thought, feeling quite flattered.

“And for a change, she’s single and they’re talking marriage”

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:00 AM
Awesome update
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:07 AM
cute i like this story. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
#33 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:23 AM
There's no surprise. We all know how Don is. Great update!
#34 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:47 AM
Poor Bella..... And poor Cassandra. They have no clue how Don is......
#35 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 1:33 PM
Oh that slime ball deserves to die. I say get him together with Dina and let her kill him like she might of killed Michael B.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:24 PM
sweetbabyhnd, alayay - Thanks. I'm glad that you are enjoying my ramblings.

Stormy, oceanborn - Well, I guess he feels that he has to live up to his name.

Vengeance - Oooooooh, remind me to never get on your bad side! :hide:
#37 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:07 AM
One more thing, jillysolo: Simcent Van Gogh looks really adorable!
I'm sure he isn't supposed to be but I cannot resist. He's so cute and especially cute for being old.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 10:32 AM
How do you see the moon? I can't get my camera to tilt :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 3:51 AM
oceanborn - Adorable? I guess, if you go for the leacherous old goat type. Seriously, I really need to work on making my villians more villianous.

ani - Press the tab to enable the free cam. You can then pan up and all around the sky. Sometimes there are two moons. Who knew?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:16 AM
Default Chapter 4. – Part 2
“What………I’ve got to see Don now! This must be some awful mistake!”

Bella grabbed a cab and headed for Don’s place. It was dark by the time the cab pulled up to the curb. She jumped out, throwing money in the general direction of the driver. She ran to the door and pounded on the door as hard as she could.

When Don finally came to the door he looked angry.

“What do you want Bella? I told you that I would call when I have time.”

“Are you seeing another woman?”

Then Bella noticed that he was dressed for the hot tub and she heard music coming from the balcony. Then a woman’s voice, “Donnie darling, are you coming back?” Bella gasped!

“Look Bella, we had a good time, but it’s done.

“But I was willing to give up my marriage for you.”

“And how would we live then? I doubt that your husband would finance my education after you left him for me. Go home Bella and don’t make any more of a fool of yourself than you already have. It’s over!” Don stepped back and slammed the door in her face.

“This doesn’t end here,” Bella raged. I’m going to find out who this tramp is and scratch her eyes out.”

Bella ran around the back to the balcony stairs and climbed the stairs quietly.

She crouched down beside the hot tub.

If she was really careful, she could peek over the edge of the tub without being seen, or so she hoped. Just a little more….a little more.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:32 AM
Oh Bella....this is funny!
Bella does look like a tramp though....but I guess most of the pleasantview gals are....hehe
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:40 AM
Default Chapter 5. And It All Comes Crashing Down – Part 1
“Oh, no! It can’t be.”

The other woman was….Cassandra!

Bella scrambled down the stairs, falling to her knees at the bottom.

“That sleazy, slimy bum!” She finally saw Don for what he really was. And he had her daughter in his clutches. She had to warn Cassandra. She would wait until Cassandra left.

Bella hid in the bushes, waiting for what seemed like hours

Finally the door opened and Cassandra left the house. Bella rushed to her.

“Mother, what are you doing here?” There was irritation in her voice.

“Cassandra, you must never see this man again. He is the town’s worst womanizer and he takes advantage of women for their money.

“I don’t believe you Mother. Actually, Don told me that you would say that. He also told me that you have been stalking him and trying to get him to sleep with you.

“That’s not true, Cassandra!”

“Oh, and I suppose it’s not true that you have been at that perverted men’s club, drinking and carrying on with any man who will look at you? My mother, the s**t!”

“Please, don’t say those terrible things. It’s not like that.”

“Not like that? Mother, Don has taken me to that club and shown me the naked portrait of you, done by that foul artist, Simcent Van Gogh. It hangs right there in the front hall. But I guess you know that. Just in case there’s one man left in town that hasn’t seen my mother naked.”

“Don begged me to have that portrait done. He hung it in his bed room. I don’t know how it got to Degenerates. Look Honey, Don and I met there and we had an affair. It was a terrible mistake. I now realize that he was only using me for my money, and he’s doing the same to you now.

“No! Don and I are in love and when I turn 18, we are getting married.”

“Your Father will never permit you to marry that man!”

“Oh, I think I can convince Daddy, especially after I tell him what an embarrassment his wife has become.”

“You can’t do that Cassandra. I’m your mother and I love you!”

“Well, I hate you. I’m ashamed of you and I wish that you would just disappear from my life forever.”

Bella could take her daughter’s cruel words no longer. She burst into tears, turned away and ran.

#43 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:29 AM
That's mean of Cassandra. Good update.
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:46 AM
I have just started reading this one and it is darn cool. Very well done!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:50 AM
haha...thats great....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 9:11 PM
jenny - Bella gave up her more sedate classic look when she started doing the club scene. Although, I never fully understood why a housewife would hang around the house in a strapless red gown.

Stormy - Cass is in love. I'm pretty sure that she will eventually regret her present actions even if it is too late.

Kaitco - Thanks for the support from the Buckeye state. I was born and raised in Xenia-if you know where that is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 9:38 PM
Default Chapter 5 – Part 2
She had to get away from there. She ran blindly. She ran until her side ached and her legs were weak. She ran until she thought her lungs would burst. She ran until she tripped on a rock and fell on her face.

Bella lay there sobbing until there were no more tears left. After a while she raised her red, puffy face.

“Where am I,” she thought.

It was the cliff, up hill from the old fishing village. It was called the Widow’s Leap because in the old days the village women would come to the cliff in bad weather to watch for the returning boats. If a boat didn’t return it was said that the grief stricken woman would throw herself to her death on the crashing waves and rocks below.

Bella got unsteadily to her feet and walked to the edge. The wind picked up over the ocean and carried the billowing fog onto the land, obscuring the details of the landscape and hiding the sins of man.

“It’s all true,” she thought. “Cassandra was right. I had everything and I threw it all away for a conniving man and a little illicit excitement. I’ve lost my daughter and when Morty hears what I’ve done, I’ll lose him and Alexander as well.

As she watched the heavy mist roll in from the sea and swirl around her, Bella made her decision.

With one tiny tear rolling down her cheek, she sighed heavily….

....and stepped off the edge.

Stay tuned on this thread for Part 2 of The Goths of Simrose Place: The Perils of Cassandra.
#48 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 7:19 AM
OMG did she commit suicide?? OMG OMG OMG!!1
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 2:13 AM
oohh ah! Well she can't be dead! Or this would be a really short story! Btw, i can't believe after all these chapters it's still on page 1! Anyway, great update
#50 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 3:15 AM
I guess so. I'm just confused when Jillysolo said ...and stepped of the edge... I mean that sounds awfully familiar!!
Page 2 of 8