Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 1:30 PM
Rayline: Thanks... ^^ That's how I see my story too, when I write it or take pictures for it... if I had the right stuff for video-editing I'd definitely make a sims video as well!

Loco: Thank you... :'D Glad you enjoyed the flashbacks, I was afraid they would be a bit boring! And that's ok, I should really stop downloading too with all the lag I'm getting! xD But it's so tempting... whenever I see something nice I just have to have it!

Mearii: Thank you!

Metatwaddle: Hehe, I think you might indeed be one of the few, if not the only one! xD Everyone wanted her gone so Mei-Lin could date Rush... and look what Mei-Lin did now! I love Keiko too though... although her face is starting to bug me a bit... rofl. -perfectionist- >D

Gallowsraven: Gallows! ^^ Long time no see! It's awesome that you're reading my story again too! Thanks!! n__n

Vinhou: Yay thank you Vinnie! Glad you're back too ^^

-working hard on next chapter- :valentine Should be finished soon.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Advertisement
#52 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 3:30 PM
Ack Mei-Lin! What have you gotten into with all this backstabbing *shakes head* Poor Keiko, I always did like her

I was a lurker on your first story and absolutely loved it and you haven't failed to deliver on the sequel. Excellent job so far Dorka ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 11:38 AM
Default Chapter four
Schnixy: Yay! Thanks so much for reading, Rina! ^^

Sorry for the delay of this update, had some trouble in real life! But everything is well again now, so here it is!

This chapter takes us back to the present by the way. :'D

Chapter four: remember.

Even though it was day, the sky had darkened so much that it could have been dusk. There was no wind; not a breeze, not the slightest sigh. The world was quiet, calm, waiting – waiting for the storm. Then, in the distance, thunder rumbled for a few seconds. A momentarily mutter, followed by a flash of lightning crashing onto the horizon. It was an angry song, an omen for that peaceful afternoon...

... and Mei-Lin shivered. She had knelt down in the tiniest room of her house, being confronted with memories she wished to forget. However, she wanted to remember them at the same time. They brought her pain, writhing through her guilty body. But they also stirred those faraway remnants of pleasure, remnants she had assumed to be all gone. Ruins of the past, they were...

Her trembling fingers caressed the edge of a blossom-adorned box, which held her old wedding dress.

Quit reminiscing, Mei-Lin, she reprimanded herself with a stern inner voice.

The storm had tiptoed closer, suddenly rattling and clashing pots and pans above her head. The thunderous noise startled her, and she instinctively hugged her chest with her arms. It was cold; it crept up her legs like a snake, making her shudder involuntarily.

“What is this cold, it’s freezing!” she hissed. “Did I forget to close the windows?”

“It does not matter whether you closed them or not...” a voice called out to her sweetly.

Sweetly, but not sincerely. The kind of sweet that holds a secret, the sickly sweet sort that makes you nauseous, like the scent of death on a graveyard. The kind of sweet that is not real.

“I will be able to enter either way...”

All Mei-Lin could do was gasp.

“You... you are dead! You cannot be here, this must be a dream!”

“You dream of me? My dear Mei-Lin, I had never expected you to even remember me in your dreams.” Motoko smirked innocently, though the rest of her features remained expressionless. “I am dead? How can I be dead, when I have never been alive in the first place?”

Mei-Lin pressed her ice cold hands against her mouth, her digits digging into her skin so deeply that it turned white.

“Don’t you have anything to say to me, my darling? I have been gone for so long, haven’t you missed me?”

“This is not real, this is not real, this is not real!”

Then, everything before her eyes faded away. Everything became black.

Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 5:43 PM
Oh no shes bbbaaaccckkk...sweet update Dorka! Your pics are always so amazing. :D
Field Researcher
#55 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 2:25 PM
Wheeee! Motoko is back! I'd actually think Mei-Lin would be happy to see Motoko at a time like this, when the rest of her life is falling apart, and she's practically turning into Motoko herself.
#56 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 5:18 PM
hey dorka, i gotta say the second installment of mei-lin and motoko is awesome so far....very creepy....basically picking up where u left off in puppet master....can't wait for the next update
Inventor
#57 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 12:33 AM
Eep! She really is back! I wonder if she's after Mei Lin this time or Ali..? Awesome stroy as always Dorka, can't wait for an update! :D
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 5:15 AM
OMGNU. Scary, but awesome at the same time.
Update sooon~! Pleash. =3
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 7:58 PM
Oh dear, Motoko's back...this should defnitely be an interesting turn in the story! I have to say, you really are good at getting across a dark and foreboding, yet slightly melancholy mood in your writing.

I look forward to more!

--Gallows
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 12:12 PM
Thanks guys n__n <3

Next chapter should be done really soon now, definitely today. And the one after that as well. Chapter 5 bugs me a bit, it's not good enough, but well x_x'; That's why it took a while, I keep nitpicking over it. xD -bangs head on keyboard-

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 1:03 PM
Default Chapter five (part one)

Chapter five: Mistaken.

The quiet had been soothing, until now. Even though it was the perfect circumstance for pondering, Rush still knew that something was missing. It wasn’t truly silent, for the clock on the wall ticked and outside of his office, people’s muffled voices chatted. But those weren’t the kind of sounds he wished to hear so badly.

He stared through the dusty, book-packed room, attempting to picture his children running around it, screaming and playing. He longed to see their bright smiles again, instead of remembering their confused, saddened looks when he left. How he wished that he could have taken them with him, but he guessed that Nathaniel and Ali were way happier with their mother. His chest hurt.

“Guess who!”

Rush startled, his feet slipping off the chair he had placed them on. When had she come in? He felt like being mean, he really wasn’t in a mood to play along with her childish antics.

“Lemme guess,” he sighed. “Poppy? Margueritte? Alice?”

The woman who had pressed her slender hands against his eyes huffed. “Lilah-chan of course. Your favourite secretary!”

“Yes, totally...”

Annoyed, Rush stood up, leaving his chair swivelling behind the messy desk. With large, impatient strides, he paced towards the tall windows that surrounded him on all sides. Walls made him feel too confined, he needed to see the world no matter where he was. Walls had ears, eyes – someone could easily hide in them.

“Cut to the chase, Lilah. What is it this time?”

‘Let’s hope she isn’t trying to chat me up again.’

“Well,” the bubbly blonde commenced, moving back towards him. Her heels loudly clicked on the floorboards. “An important phone call just came in. Apparently, your ex-wife is in hospital.”

Abruptly, Rush whirled around to face her. “What?!”

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 1:07 PM
Default Chapter five (part two)

Hers was a soul that immensely reeked of innocence. It was a foul scent clinging to Motoko’s nostrils, one she could not shake off no matter what. She could try thinking of more pleasant smells, like the musky odours of death and decay, but Ali was never banned completely. This was exactly how Mei-Lin used to smell, and she had loved it – but now it only brought her misery. Like heavy perfume, it clouded the air around her, making it harder to breathe. Like a pillow, slowly suffocating her. Something had to be done about this.

Ali had pressed her back against the cool wall behind her. She wasn’t really doing anything, save thinking confusing thoughts, but thinking was the only thing that could be done here. This was an old, ruined building. No one ever came here because of the danger of it collapsing, but that was why the girl loved it. She preferred being alone, to avoid other people, although she suspected that she wasn’t the only one fleeing here. Ever since last week, a music stand and violin had joined her here on this deserted floor, and she hadn’t placed them there.

“Who are you?” she asked the person with her thoughts, for she had been mute since birth. Everyone thought she was also deaf, but that was not right. She simply ignored people. She did not wish to respond to them, and that was why they thought she was retarded too. The truth was, that she would never trust people again. Not after the things he did when she was a child. Of course, she couldn’t speak, she couldn’t think (or so he assumed) so doing that to her hadn’t been a problem.

“Past, go away... you are too dark!”

“That child is really insane,” Motoko said with her singsongy voice as she watched Ali cringe and cover her ears. “All for the better, then nobody will realise it’s no longer her spirit inside... hehe.”

She knelt down next to the violin. Everything was covered with a layer of dust, except for this musical item, which had been polished so neatly that it shimmered in the dim. Slowly, she made her fingertips walk across it. “This isn’t Ali’s, is it?”

“No, not again. I DON’T WANT TO REMEMBER!”

Then, suddenly, her silent screams stopped. Screams that could not be heard, yet made a deafening noise in her head. She was no longer alone. Her dark eyes enlarged. There was a woman sitting close to her on the cold, concrete floor, but she wasn’t paying attention to Ali. “Is that her violin?”

WHAM.

A loud bang startled them both. Their pairs of eyes immediately raced toward the rusty door that had let them in, and noticed that they had now allowed access to a man. The door bounced off the wall behind him, its hinges making a nasty screeching sound that pierced Ali’s soul. Although Motoko leaped up in fright, Ali’s face lightened up straight away when she recognised that panting figure.

“Grayson!”

Out of all people, Grayson was an exception. Ali really adored her mother’s new boyfriend, as he would always take special care of her. Even though he was a man, she did not fear him.

“How many times have I told you not to run off without notifying me!” he shot at the girl as soon as he noticed her. “Jeez, looking after you kids is hard enough, and I’m not even getting paid!”

However, the angry expression on his visage instantly faded when Ali sprinted towards him, a huge smile gracing her innocent features.

“Are you alright?” he asked worriedly, glaring at the unknown, black-haired woman.

Ali nodded. She really loved Grayson.

Motoko hated Grayson.

‘I need a plan, a better one... I cannot do my job with all these idiots writhing into my way with their maggoty lives. I will have to eliminate them one by one!’

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 1:10 PM
Default Chapter five (part three)

When Mei-Lin reopened her eyelids, the first thing she saw was a ceiling, slightly yellowed by years of sunlight. That, and a wall with awful, flowery wallpaper that was sure to haunt her nightmares. A soft groan escaped her lips as she attempted to move. Her entire body was sore, as if she had been lying in a wrong position for ages. ‘Where am I...?’

It was only when she listlessly turned her head to inspect the chamber that she realised this was her mother’s house. And next to her, sat a man she had not wished to see. Her ex-husband.

She tightly pressed her eyes shut. ‘I hope this is a nightmare.’

Tearing her messed up lashes away from one another again, she wished that that chair was now empty, and that she would be able to sigh in relief. But when she adjusted her eyes again, Rush was still there, and fear pressed against her heart like cushions.

“You,” her voice croaked.

Surprised, Rush looked at her, grinning from ear to ear. “You’re awake! How are you feeling?”

“Like hell just froze over.”

She averted her gaze once more. What just happened? Why was she here, and not at home? Where were her children? Most of all, what was Rush doing here?!

Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 1:28 PM
Wow, awsome update Dorka, I loved it...I was a bit confused by it though...only chapter 5, part 2. lol I really like Grayson aswell, although he must be cold in that jumper, hehe.

EDIT: I only just relized Grayson was Keiko's ex...lol I'm so slow...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 4:18 PM
Thanks, Bethan! 8D Sorry about the confusing part... hehe! Grayson is indeed Keiko's ex, and Mei-Lin's current boyfriend. :3 Even though he's a bit of a player, he seems to be quite loyal at the moment... for now. Bwhaha.

Lol! That jumper xD I guess he's one of those guys who never ever get cold.

Test Subject
#66 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 5:33 PM
Lol, I'm the opposite of thatI'm never warm...well hardly ever anyway, hehe. I bet he's going to cheat with Ali :o I hope not though...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 5:49 PM
Same, I'm always cold too. xD It's rather annoying isn't it! Family always says "Eat more, then you'll get warm!" But that really doesn't work either.

No worries, Ali is safe! From Grayson that is... She undoubtedly has a bit of a crush on him, but he isn't interested in 'kiddos' I do have other evil plans for him though. Heheheee. n__n

Test Subject
#68 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 3:53 PM
Oh good, she is a bit young. lol. I can't wait to see what happens to Grayson though xD
#69 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 8:12 PM
This story is amazing! I must confess, I'm not Mei-Lin's biggest fan (always been more for the bad guys), but I can't wait to see what Motoko is up to.
Inventor
#70 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 11:09 PM
Weeeell... Just wanted to drop in and say, I just read the WHOLE first story, and then all of this one. Took me a few hours, yeah...
YOU'RE AWESOME!!!!
I love this! You have great photoshop skills! And the plot is masterful. I am now a dedicated fan!
#71 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 11:33 PM
I am sorry I did not comment for past additions, but your story is excellant. I love every word of it. I cannot wait for the next update.

Lastly, where did you find those walls with writing on them. I would love to use them in my game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 3:58 PM
Bethan: 8D Grayson's future might be a bit... ehh... grim -cough- xD

agentmaimer: Thanks! n__n I'm a big bad-guy lover too... hehe.

annachibi: -blush- Wow thank you! xD -feels all shy now- Really glad you like it! :'D

Game Shark: That's ok! ^^ Thanks so much! The walls are actually transparent 'paintings', which you can use on every wall. They are pay on TSR here but also in the Booty, here, called "carbon-wallwritingset1-crazy.zip". n__n

#73 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 9:29 PM
Loved the update Dorka! A little confused but let me sit with it and I'll get it! Lol

Later Gator
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorka
Bethan: 8D Grayson's future might be a bit... ehh... grim -cough- xD

Hehehe, so can't wait for that...I mean er, poor, poor Grayson...^^'...btw, Mei-lin looks so pretty in that last pic and Rush looks so cute, like he is so happy to see her like. Aww I love, love, love Rush =)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:43 PM
simmingurl06: Thanks! Oohh my stories do tend to be a bit confusing. I'll try to cut down on confusing parts xD

Bethan: Bwhahaha xD You really don't like Grayson I see Rush is indeed very happy to see Mei-Lin! I think Mei-Lin secretly is too, although she won't admit it!

Chapter 6 and 7 are both almost done, so next update will be a double update! ^^

Page 3 of 8