Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:06 PM
1st Attempt at diluting ugly gene: FAIL

Mommy:

Twins:

XD
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:19 PM
Cloudsdriftby: The girl twin looks worse than her father....
Test Subject
#28 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:27 PM
Aww they looks like the characters from Planet of the Apes
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 6:57 PM
I'm hoping maybe they look better when they age. :P
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 1:01 AM
hHAHAHHAAah this is hilarious! Can't wait to give it a go!

Chumcha Sims
Home to the Adam Devereaux + Co. Legacy
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 2:38 PM
Getting better!

Son of the second twin:

Instructor
#32 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:27 PM
Ugly gene isn't dilluted yet... yikes!:

Emily Gross holding her daughter, Annie.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cloudsdriftby
Meet Barry Barry:

Now to go maketh babies.

Omg xD I love his beard and those fishnets! -wolf whistle-
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chnnature

Such beautiful.. cheeks..
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:15 AM Last edited by loco_senorita : 30th Jul 2009 at 5:03 AM. Reason: adding pictures!
Quote: Originally posted by chnnature

....wow. That was legitimately horrifying...haha!
I must try this. Now. (:

[EDIT]
....Meet Ronda Kole; she's a neurotic snob with a bad temper...and she thinks she's the most gorgeous thing out there.

She ends up getting down and dirty with a Mr. Hal Breckenridge,....EWH.

..now that is the face of conquest.
Can't wait to see the kiddies!

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Instructor
#36 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 5:33 AM
Oh oh oh! I'm not usually interested in challenges but I have GOT to try this!

Expect screenshots from me soon.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#37 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 6:53 AM
Let's meet Gurta. Gurta Hillsden. Gurta was the unfortunate child when Mrs. Hillsden had an affair with an asparagus. She lives in Riverview with her goldfish Gavin.

Let's get a closeup.

Fortunately for Gurta, this lovely lady knows how to accessorize.

She's a little nervous about venturing out into the big world though. What will other people think?

In any case, she wants a real man.

Being half-asparagus, she has a natural ability with plants.

She hopes to have a real family some day...

...If her antics don't get in the way.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 7:47 AM
All these sims are so marvelously ugly! Awesomeness. And wow, Gurta 0_o I think she must be what all ugly female sims aspire to be.

This is my sim, Heather Mikilchuk. I don't really have any story or background for her. She's ugly. That's it.

Not too soon after moving into town, Heather met Kenji Sheets and fell head over heels in love with him. Unfortunately he had no interest in her. Heather didn't take his rejection so well and went a little bonkers. After weeks of stalking him at his work, Heather was finally able to man-nap him and she took him back to her place for the night where she proceeded to "do the deed" with him. This resulted in a baby girl, Casandra. Unfortunately, all the pictures of Casandra's childhood were lost in a tragic fire, in which Casandra and Heather themselves just barely managed to escape. But here she is, all grown up:

She turned out really well(especially her nose!), considering the genetics she could have ended up with. Casandra, like her mother, lusted only after married men, and had an affair with her boss, who's name she can never remember. Right after they ended things, Cas realized she was pregnant. She soon gave birth to a baby girl, Genevieve, who is really quite cute.

I wonder if she'll continue in her mother and grandmother's footsteps and end up attracted only to unavailable men.

I'm a little sad that the ugliness seems to have left so quickly, but maybe it will return. If not, it will be a nice excuse to play this challenge again later.
Instructor
#39 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:11 AM
Aww, Cassandra is gorgeous! Her daughter is very pretty too.

I have mixed feelings about this, I'd get thrilled that they turn out beautiful, but at the same time I'd be disappointed that the line ended. LOL.

EDIT: It seems like the real challenge for me would be to see if the ugliness stayed by ten generations!

-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#40 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 10:56 AM
Oh my!

The green one reminds me of PlantSims, and then the others are basically in-game clowns or gnomes.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:00 PM
Hehe, have to try this out. And what I've seen I'm starting to agree that the challenge would maybe be more of a challenge if you'd have to try to keep the ugliness for 10 generations Obviously EA likes to weed out ugly people...

Quote:
but it works like the regular legacy challenge... Follow regular 10-gen legacy rules

I apologize for my dumbness, but I've never participated in any sims challenges, so could I get some clarification what this means? Thanks
Field Researcher
#42 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Let's meet Gurta. Gurta Hillsden. Gurta was the unfortunate child when Mrs. Hillsden had an affair with an asparagus. She lives in

ROFL an affair with an asparagus

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Theorist
#43 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:49 PM
Oh my...I feel sick. I actually can't look at some of these sims!

Quote: Originally posted by sinus
Hehe, have to try this out. And what I've seen I'm starting to agree that the challenge would maybe be more of a challenge if you'd have to try to keep the ugliness for 10 generations Obviously EA likes to weed out ugly people...

I apologize for my dumbness, but I've never participated in any sims challenges, so could I get some clarification what this means? Thanks

sinus, you basically keep a sim family going for 10 sim generations without using any kind of cheats, choosing one child as an heir from each generation to carry on the line:
http://www.legacychallenge.com/

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:47 PM
Think I've managed to dilute the ugly gene!

Started with:

His great granddaughter:
Instructor
#45 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cloudsdriftby
Think I've managed to dilute the ugly gene!
I can still see her grandfather in her...a little bit >>

-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
sinus, you basically keep a sim family going for 10 sim generations without using any kind of cheats, choosing one child as an heir from each generation to carry on the line:
http://www.legacychallenge.com/

OK, thanks. Hmm, although is Awesomemod & IndieStone allowed then? And can you only reproduce with NPCs or are townies also allowed? Not that there'd be much difference in this challenge of course. But just checking so I don't begin anything that's not allowed
Instructor
#47 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:21 PM
Default Gurta, Part II
When we last left our heroine she was trying to forge out life anew in Riverview. Well it seems that Gurta got a stroke of luck. The very first day in town she went to the grocery store, and on the way home, she saw him.

One look into his eyes, and she know he was the one.

Granted, Jebidiah was an older man. Much older. But he was single, and the sweetest thing she had ever met. They fell in love that afternoon. They had a private wedding that evening. They consummated their marriage that night.

My friends, you are looking at a man with very low standards.

Now Jebidiah was already pretty far into the medical track, so Gurta felt safe knowing someone would be able to pay the bills what with the baby and all. And, let's be honest, Gurta has big dreams.

The pregnancy went off without a hitch, and the night before the baby came, Jebidiah was able to tell that they would be expecting a boy! The only slightest problem, was that half an hour after Jebidiah went to work, the baby was coming. So he got a coworker to take him home only to realize Gurta had already taken the car to the hospital so he had to take a taxi back.

Let's meet Devin. Devin Hillsden. Devin is a boy who is very artistic and gets excited about pretty much everything.

As you can see, he has his mom's almost everything. His nose at least looks normal...for now.

The legacy of Gurta Hillsden lives on for another generation.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#48 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sinus
OK, thanks. Hmm, although is Awesomemod & IndieStone allowed then? And can you only reproduce with NPCs or are townies also allowed? Not that there'd be much difference in this challenge of course. But just checking so I don't begin anything that's not allowed
You cannot reproduce with anyone you created, so no purposely creating studs just to balance out the gene

-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
You cannot reproduce with anyone you created, so no purposely creating studs just to balance out the gene

Haha, roger that.

Well, expect some awfully hideous screenshots from me any time soon.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 10:14 PM
Bertha had a child! With Geoffrey Landgraab, surprisingly!

And here is the..lovely child; Jenny! The ugly gene isn't 'quite' gone just yet.

Jenny as a Toddler, much more like her mom, but she got her dad's hair! Luckily for Geoffrey, he has nice genetics, so Jenny isn't that...horribly ugly...

Bertha and Jenny (For comparison)

Aged up Jenny, she's now a child. She seems to have grown into her...er, nose.

Page 2 of 16