Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:11 PM Last edited by GiveTheNineARide : 1st Aug 2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Patch 1.3 changed lot pricing. So the chalenge needed to be updated to work.
Default Kissing Bandit Challenge
:lovestruc Kissing Bandit Challenge
(Codename: Operation Dirty Rotten Scoundrel)

Background:
First I will give credit to MrAlex and thatmadgirl here at MTS. Inspiration from their challenges helped me with this challenge.

I started playing both the Klepto King Challenge (by MrAlex) along with Family Man Challenge (by thatmadgirl) at the same time, with the same Sim. I was having a fiendishly delightful time so I thought I would share this merged version, with a couple twists added, for others to try if they’re feeling “Evil”.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario:

As Special Agent 666 at Evil Agency you are being offered a mission to infiltrate Sunset Valley to create and nurture an atmosphere of deceit, distrust, anxiety, confusion, corruption, and moral and ethical decay. (This type of mayhem is only part of what we do, here at Evil Agency.) You have been selected for this mission because you possess all the necessary traits we at Evil Agency feel would be most beneficial to this mission.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, will be two-fold:

The first part of your mission is to swipe stuff. You can swipe from community lots or residential lots. You can swipe inside or outside. You can “hit” the same place as often as you want. You will need to do this because we only have a budget of §300 to fund this mission. All the rest of our money is being used to undermine good causes in Sunset Valley.
We will provide you with a hideout. Swipe anything you need or want for your hideout. If you don’t want something you have swiped, we will fence it for you. Make sure that you don’t want it; this isn’t a pawnshop, no purchases or buy-backs.
You can swipe one car for personal use. Actually, we encourage that you do this. Taking a taxi from crime scene to crime scene isn’t the best idea. But, we are not in the stolen car business, that’s a different game. Do not swipe any more cars.
The money you receive from fencing the stolen goods can be used only to pay bills, anything you need from the spa, theater, stadium, grocery store, bookstore, and restaurant. Your hideout is unfurnished, other than some plumbing, lighting, kitchen appliances and a counter. Still, you are not allowed to make any other purchases. If you need something, swipe it! We don’t want any traceable transactions. There is a bed upstairs; you’ll need that for part two of your mission.

The second part of your mission is to spread your demon seed. Father as many illegitimate children as possible. Married, single, young adult or adult Female Sims are all potential breeding stock. In particular we want you to seek out Sims with the “Good” trait and members of Law Enforcement for breeding. This will help quash any rebellion against our cause by passing your “Evil” trait on to the next generation of Sunset Valley.
Be warned though, all Sims will become wary of you once they discover your “Evil” trait. “Good” Sims and Cops will be even more difficult to get or keep a relationship with once they know you are “Evil”.

We know you are a very resourceful and capable Sim, we have all the utmost confidence in your success.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Challenge:

The world:
Start a new game in Sunset Valley. Never play any house except the challenge house in this saved game. Story progression on.

The Sim:
Create a Young Adult Male Sim with any looks and cloths you want. Make him look as evil or as charming as you like, or somewhere in-between.

Traits: Charismatic, Evil, Great Kisser, Kleptomaniac, Mooch

He can have any favorite music, food and color you choose, or random.

Lifetime wish: Living in the Lap of Luxury.
(Wants to have a household worth of §100,000 or more.)

This should be easy enough to achieve, but it gives you a secondary goal on your way to the challenge end. During this challenge you’ll think of lots of ways that different Lifetime Rewards could help. This will be very welcomed when it happens. Spend the points wisely.

The house:
Move your Sim into Mosquito Cove unfurnished (§15,250)
36 Sim Lane in Sunset Valley.

Purchase B.R.A.S.S. Double Bed (§450).
It is also the only Buy Mode purchase you’ll make during this challenge.

This should leave you with §300.
Just some petty cash until you get him on his feet.

The Rules:
· NO CHEATS OR MODS!
Nothing that helps to Swipe or Try for Baby, nothing for money, needs, mood or any other unfair advantage.

· Lifespan set to normal – 90 days

· You cannot add custom lots to the challenge. You can only swipe from base game lots.

· You cannot add any other custom Sims to the challenge. Base game Sims only.

· Only enter the Buy Mode to sell (fence) what you don’t want. You cannot make any purchases.

· You can sell any stolen item or original item from the house, at anytime. You’re not starting with the best stuff so if he can swipe something better he can upgrade.

· Enter the Build Mode anytime and do whatever you can afford and want to the house. Remember to watch the bottom line and keep a low profile.

· The only source of income is what he can swipe or mooch. No jobs, no tips, he can’t accept any opportunity that offers a cash reward. If he somehow gets income from an unacceptable source the challenge doesn’t have to end. Simply donate an amount equal to or just greater than the amount received to undermine some good cause. You cannot donate exact amounts. If you round up the extra is punitive. To do this click on the mailbox and you’ll see the appropriate selection(s). He will get the Fiendishly Delighted Moodlet (from donating to undermine charity). (updated July 29, 2009) You can only donate once per day. If you have to donate §500 you should donate §250 and then another §250 the next day. You would not have to round up and donate §1,000 all at once.

· By default your Sim can swipe a maximum of 3 items per day between the hours of 7PM and 6AM. Do not use any mod to alter this.
To steal click on the ground and select “Swipe Something”. You take what you get - you can’t direct your Sim to steal a certain item. But with practice he’ll get what he’s after. It’s all in where you click.

· Your Sim can never return something that was swiped, by mail or in person.

· No gardening, collecting or fishing, he’s on a mission.

· He can interact with any Sim he wants, anytime he wants, anyway he wants and anywhere he wants. (With the obvious exception that he can’t accept a job offer or anything else that could produce income.) This includes his offspring, friends, good friends, acquaintances, strangers, enemies, and romantic interests.
Getting more than one birth from a relationship is important to getting a good score. Mooch, steal and impregnate all in one visit. Don’t forget to steal the baby’s candy on the way out. He’ll get the Fiendishly Delighted Moodlet (from watching Sim suffer).

· He cannot go steady, get engaged or obviously marry at any time. No Sim, related or not, can move in with him. No adoptions. These things would only distract him from his mission.

· He is not allowed a burglar alarm or to call the police if a burglar comes to his house. He can attempt to fend off the burglar himself. Evil Agency doesn’t want any messy police reports. Actually he can’t call for any services ever. Not even pizza. There is a fire alarm to summon the Fire Department if needed. If something needs fixing, he can fix it or swipe a different one. He needs to maintain a low profile.

· He can spend money at any rabbithole in town. Any item or service available at these can be purchased. Any available interaction at any rabbithole is allowable except nothing can be sold and he can’t invest.

· No Life Fruit or Ambrosia. Nothing that could alter lifespan. Only exception is he can harvest the Death Flower at the cemetery. In case he gets electrocuted fixing the dishwasher that he swiped from the Altos or any other demise of that sort. This is his only “Mulligan”.

· If he has some spare time (this should be a rare event) he can go and explore the catacombs at the cemetery. He cannot keep collectible type items. No seeds, gems or metals. If he gets any of these just drag them out and leave them on the ground by the Mausoleum. Any “Buy Mode” type of items and books must be kept and never sold. (Nothing found in there can be a source of income.) If he can get a Magical Gnome he can proudly display it at home.

· Nothing can be kept in your Sim’s inventory; all items should be on the lot, or in the house. Only exception is one Death Flower and any one book for your Sim to read while he scouts out his next heist. He might as well build a skill while waiting for the Art Museum or Gym to clear out. He also can have “his” car in his inventory when he is out and about town.

· Nothing can be kept in Household Inventory. This is where items go when swiped. Empty it out when your Sim gets home from swiping. Go to the Buy Mode and click the tab with the box on it. Drag everything out and place it somewhere or delete it for cash.

· He can only swipe one vehicle, and only for personal use. Only exception is if it gets stolen he can swipe another. Keep it in the parking spot at home when not in use.
Repaint it and change the owner if you want, but it isn’t necessary. While testing this challenge my Sim (Lance Boyle) took Agnes Crumplebottom to the hospital to give birth to his bastard child in the sports car he’d swiped from her driveway the night before. It was still assigned to her. - “Agnes Crumplebottom’s Bwan Speedster YL”. He’d gone over to mooch some money and she went into labor.

· He can purchase and use any Lifetime Reward except:
Change Lifetime Wish
Mid-Life Crisis
Collection Helper (he’s on a mission)

Again, no cheats or mods, he must earn happiness to buy the rewards.
The object of the challenge:
Have fun swiping stuff and spreading evil!
The challenge ends:
As soon as your Sim turns 90 days old.
Scoring:
Part 1: Add the total money your Sim has and the furnished value of the house. Make sure all bills are paid before you total. Every Simolean is a point. That is your score for part 1.

Part 2: Check your Sim’s Family Tree in his Simology panel. Each offspring counts 5,000 points. That is your score for part 2.
(Pregnancies don’t count. The Sim must be born.)

Alternately for this part you can score an additional 1,000 points for any offspring produced with a Sim having the “Good” trait or with a Sim in the Law Enforcement career path at the time of conception. You will have to keep track if you want to do this. If you post your score here and scored this way - let us know.

Add the points for your total challenge score.
Finally:
I tested this challenge for about 25 game days, but probably didn’t encounter everything possible. If you find any problems or get wrapped up in the confusion and mayhem, post here and I’ll see if I can help.

The most interesting and challenging thing I found in this challenge is how a romantic relationship with a Sim sours when they learn that you are evil. They suddenly become real cold. Sometimes it happens quickly; sometimes you’ll produce a number of offspring before it happens. You can be persistent or just move on when this occurs. A good way I found to move on was to tell her that you just wanted to be friends after fathering one or more children with her. You gain an enemy, but get that Fiendishly Delighted Moodlet again (from watching Sim suffer). My Sim could not get Agnes Crumplebottom to ever find him extremely irresistible again no matter what. This was after only one child (Son: William Crumplebottom). Maybe she discovered he was evil when he drove her to the hospital in her own car.

If you are using any mods you are on your own. I only use the “No Newspaper” mod, but not even that for this challenge. All the old newspapers add nicely to the look of this house.

I tried to cover everything I could think of so hopefully the rules can stay intact. But if I missed something let me know.

Well, as much as I tried - EA's screw-up and patch 1.3 to fix it changed this challenge. If you started this challenge prior to applying this patch you end up with a slightly better bed and less money. Before the patch Unfurnished lots cost less than they should have because the cost of trees and bushes was not included. After the patch we pay for them.

Have Fun and Good Luck

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:49 PM
You know what? This actually sounds really cool! XD I think I might give it a try!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:56 PM
I rather like this idea! I'm one of those people that always plays her sims all nice and proper. I've gotten bored with the game, and this sounds like just the thing to break me out of my boredom.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:09 PM
I got bored of my kelpto challenge too,I'll try it~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:27 PM
Can we have the Indie Stone Mod? It only fixes story progression. It doesn't really affect gameplay other than making more people get married.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
You know what? This actually sounds really cool! XD I think I might give it a try!

Let me know how it comes out if you do.

There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HisBeachgirl
I rather like this idea! I'm one of those people that always plays her sims all nice and proper. I've gotten bored with the game, and this sounds like just the thing to break me out of my boredom.

I'm the same way that's why I started this. It worked for me.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarlequinnRomance
I got bored of my kelpto challenge too,I'll try it~

I never tried the Klepto challenge alone. I liked both of these so I started right in with them combined. Good luck, hope it keeps your interest.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilyJud
Can we have the Indie Stone Mod? It only fixes story progression. It doesn't really affect gameplay other than making more people get married.

I'm not familiar with the Indie Stone Mod. If it doesn't help you swipe, produce more kids, boost mood or give you money or any other advantage over someone that doesn't have it. Sure.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:56 PM
So here's one, same sex preg mod, is that cool or does he have to avoid the men?

It sounds tempting. I've got some evil klepto sims and they used stolen goods to upgrade their stuff, so this should be interesting since it has a goal. :D

The voices in my head say you're the weird one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DBZMerciter2005
So here's one, same sex preg mod, is that cool or does he have to avoid the men?

It sounds tempting. I've got some evil klepto sims and they used stolen goods to upgrade their stuff, so this should be interesting since it has a goal. :D

I think using that mod would give an advantage over someone that didn't have it and could only get females pregnant. With that mod your Sim would have more potential breeding stock.

If you wanted to use that mod to add another twist to the game. Maybe create a female Kissing Bandit and only persue other Sim females. At least then you would have the same potential mates to choose from.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:28 PM
So I made my guy and his name is Bandit (clever : D ) He's stolen quite a bit of stuff by now. So far he's had a girl named Chelsea by Agnes and another girl by Erin Kennedy named Danica.

I had a question though. If we steal a better sink,can we sell the old one and replace it with the one we stole?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarlequinnRomance
So I made my guy and his name is Bandit (clever : D ) He's stolen quite a bit of stuff by now. So far he's had a girl named Chelsea by Agnes and another girl by Erin Kennedy named Danica.

I had a question though. If we steal a better sink,can we sell the old one and replace it with the one we stole?

You can sell any stolen item or original item from the house, at anytime. You’re not starting with the best stuff so if he can swipe something better he can upgrade.

Instructor
#14 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM
This challenge sounds fun and twisted. I can use the evil Mr Dracula sim from this site with HP's bald hair piece and...*trails off and cackles madly*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Killmur
This challenge sounds fun and twisted. I can use the evil Mr Dracula sim from this site with HP's bald hair piece and...*trails off and cackles madly*

I play with the sound way up . . . I love all the manic cackling and hand wringing. Mwahahaha!

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:05 PM
i so wanna do this but everytime i try to flirt with a married woman she rejects me... an we are really good friend and everything.. its soooooo annoying... and its not just with married woman, single ones too! SOOO FRUSTRATING!

anyone else have this problem?>
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lushious_lozza
i so wanna do this but everytime i try to flirt with a married woman she rejects me... an we are really good friend and everything.. its soooooo annoying... and its not just with married woman, single ones too! SOOO FRUSTRATING!

anyone else have this problem?>

You need to take a slower approach. Sims in S3 need to warm up before you move ahead with interactions. Some take longer than others. Married women will take more "encouragement" to cheat. Start off with singles first, maybe. Your Sim for this challenge has the Charismatic Trait, as he builds charismatic skill interactions become easier. Be a little patient.
I find that this challenge moves along nicely once you get in a flow it will keep you interested.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:29 AM
oh lol whoopsies
Thankyou
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:37 PM
I don't know if what other people do with your challenge is of great interest to you. But I thought you might be curious. I've played a couple days of this challenge and I'm enjoying it so far. It's made me play outside of my box, which I am very thankful for!

Anyway... if you're curious to see what my evil Vincent is doing in game you can check up on him at my new blog for the challenge. http://vincentvegacase.blogspot.com/

Thanks for freeing me from my Sims 3 boredom!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:23 PM Last edited by puppyluver0811 : 29th Jul 2009 at 10:41 PM.
This sounds so good, I'm going to do it is the Sims 2 =]

*doesn't have TS3*

EDIT: Well I just remembered you can't steal things at will on TS2, but I'm gonna do the rest like your idea!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:42 AM Last edited by GiveTheNineARide : 31st Jul 2009 at 4:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HisBeachgirl
I don't know if what other people do with your challenge is of great interest to you. But I thought you might be curious. I've played a couple days of this challenge and I'm enjoying it so far. It's made me play outside of my box, which I am very thankful for!

Anyway... if you're curious to see what my evil Vincent is doing in game you can check up on him at my new blog for the challenge. http://vincentvegacase.blogspot.com/

Thanks for freeing me from my Sims 3 boredom!

Yes, yes I care! I was only hoping to get others to post their scores here. This is great! I subscribed to the blog. I'm also having a blast playing this way. So different than the norm for me.

I'm surprised you got Vincent to sign a release form to write his story , considering he's trying to keep a low profile.

Hope this keeps working for you.

I see you updated Vincent's blog. I'm sure the camo couch and plaid chair look wonderful in his hideout.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puppyluver0811
This sounds so good, I'm going to do it is the Sims 2 =]

*doesn't have TS3*

EDIT: Well I just remembered you can't steal things at will on TS2, but I'm gonna do the rest like your idea!

Even if you can't do the Bandit part the Kissing part is still good fun. Spread that demon seed

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:31 PM Last edited by GiveTheNineARide : 3rd Aug 2009 at 1:46 PM. Reason: Simplified Offspring list
Challenge Progress
This is my Sim for this challenge. His name is Lance Boyle . . . never turn your back on him . . . ever!

I choose Lance from the Sim bin and didn’t change anything about his looks or his clothes. I just set his traits and Lifetime Wish. He likes Indie Music, Cheese Steak, and (of course) Black. When I first saw him I thought, “ I probably wouldn’t walk down a dark alley with that guy.” So he was perfect for this challenge. After watching him wreak havoc in Sunset Valley for 19 game days I KNOW I wouldn’t walk down a dark alley with him.

Lance just aged to an adult in my challenge, so I thought I would post my progress so far.

Part 1: Lot value §27,283 + Cash: §3,910 = Total: §31,193

He has fathered 9 children with 6 different women.

Van Mae - Zelda Mae

Consuelo Jolina - Jamie Jolina

Gabriel Jolina - Jamie Jolina

Gerald Crumplebottom - Agnes Crumplebottom

Timmothy Donner - Tamara Donner

Charla Morris - Monika Morris

Jordan Morris - Monika Morris

Dustin DeMayo - Dorothy DeMayo

Saul Donner - Tamara Donner

- Good Trait

- Law Enforcement

- Good Trait & Law Enforcement

Part 2: 9 x 5,000 = 45,000

Part 1 score: 31,193
Part 2 score: 45,000
Total: 76,193

None of these mothers have the “Good” trait or is in the Law Enforcement career path. So if I were to score with the corruption bonus, my score would be the same.

Currently Holly Altos is pregnant by Lance and she has the “Good” trait. I’m not sure right now but if I remember correctly Jamie Jolina is pregnant again. Lance already dumped Agnes Crumplebottom – she is a pain! I’m thinking it is because of her “Grumpy” trait.

Lifetime Rewards Lance has selected so far:
Discount Diner
Fertility Treatment
Observant
Attractive
Never Dull

Skill challenges achieved:
Charisma Skill
Celebrity
Personable

To this point the most interesting thing going on with Lance is he seems to quickly have become the target of the local crime syndicate. Perhaps they don’t know with whom they are meddling!

The very first night of the challenge Lance went over to Agnes Crumplebottom’s to swipe her car. He likes that little sport car. Right after he scooped it up he gets a message that there is a burglar on his lot. I’m thinking, “Go ahead, the place is bare.” Then I watch as he takes the stove. Well, no problem, I send Lance around the back of Agnes’ house and swipe her grill and table off the deck. I figure He’ll just eat hotdogs when he’s at home. Two weeks later while Lance is in the middle of a heist at the Art Gallery he again gets the message that there is a burglar on his lot. Now I’m worried, he has a good amount of stuff there now, and no alarm. I watch as the burglar takes the very grill I swiped from Agnes. Maybe they’re trying to starve him into submission.

Well, more later!
Screenshots

Instructor
#24 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 6:20 PM
Lol poor Lance. He'll never get a chance to have home cooked meals will he?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Killmur
Lol poor Lance. He'll never get a chance to have home cooked meals will he?

He's pretty much living on ice cream, jam sandwiches and cereal, that is when he's not using his discount diner reward. He started getting fat from the quick meals and diner food, so I've taken to sending him jogging between heists.

Page 1 of 3