Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:24 AM
I made a world to compliment this and am starting the challenge soon. I rolled a six >.< So I have 4 guys and 3 girls. They are a fairly mixed bag as far as traits go. Should be fun. I'm so missing the zombie apocalypse mod and the fight club mob from TS2 though.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:26 PM
...And zombies. xD
Instructor
#28 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 2:23 AM
Well yeah, that's a given.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 6:01 PM
Nevermind.
Well I'm going to start this challenge. :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 11:43 AM
This idea sounds really cool, and if it's a real fortress (and you've got WA) then maybe you could build a basement, like the above ground level looks like a empty wrecked house and the basement underneath is a hideout where no-one other than the family can go. And maybe some certain vegetables have succumbed to the virus and they're infected so you can't grow them. Aswell, maybe one child in every generation could catch the zombie disease (just to make it that little bit harder). Oh... I've just had a thought... If our sims are the only people in the world then how will their children have children...? I know! Maybe we could make different "clans" of sims. And as you unlock more things you could unlock certain clans with them. And the different skin would help aswell, like, first you unlock the blue genie clan, then the green earth clan, then the ash clan (really dark skin), then the fire clan (red skin of course) and the last thing you can unlock should be a clan of humans who had also been surviving underground.

AmyJS
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 9:11 PM
xD I'm trying to find a world that I can play this challenge in. Something that looks dusty and destroyed.

Also I think that for the other families they are supposed to be survivors too and are in a way following their own rules. And for your kids to have children you have to unlock these different objects and locations so your family can be able to go out and interact with the other survivors. And through those meetings and things unlocked you are slowly rebuilding civilization.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KadaChan
xD I'm trying to find a world that I can play this challenge in. Something that looks dusty and destroyed.

Right now there is currently someone over at the sims 3 forums creating Sunset Valley (200 yrs later) after the results of global warming destroyed it, something like that. Anyways you can find the thread HERE.

I think he said he was almost done with it and I hope it's what you are looking for.
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 2:59 PM Last edited by Randab : 1st Feb 2010 at 3:01 PM. Reason: adding information
what would be SUPER fun (at least to me) would be to make one or to families with pale blue skin. The HALF surviving family/families. give them ALL the evil traits. (the zombies are an exact copy of the original family. only flipped genders. Example: human family has 2 young adults (couple), one female kid, and a male teen. Zombie family has 2 young adults (couple), one male kid, and a female teen.)

these zombies USED to be your families best friends, but now... not so much.

to revive your former best pals, you must max out any skill. if the male young adult human maxes out a skill, the female young adult zombie is revived. It is still unsafe to visit this family, you must revive them ALL. for a kid to revive the other kid they must get on honor roll.

once the whole family is revived, remove them from the house and remake them as humans. now you have a place to hide if a zombie walks by.

i will wait for an OK.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:56 PM
If only the Sims 3 had zombies like the Sims 2 You could fill the town up with them and then it would be a real apocolypse challenge
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th May 2010 at 11:43 PM
Hello all, I am trying my hand at this challenge. IT seems rather interesting. I'm just having a few problems with it as of now. 1) I'm trying not to artificially age my Sims, epic lifespan and "natural" birthdays. VERY boring so far. 2) every time my Sims leave the house they have a hard time returning. They will wander into "off limits" zones and have fun. 3) due to InTeen and the flavor packs I have, the 2 brother seem more interested in procreating with each other rather than their wives, it's a bit disheartening for the Simlish race.
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd May 2010 at 5:06 PM
I'm doing this.
I might get around to posting pictures I'm rather lazy about it though.
Space Pony
#37 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Enirei : 8th Jun 2010 at 9:58 PM.
Ended up with 5 people, I got their names and genders randomly. By using www.behindthename.com/random/ . Chosing ambiguous as the gender gave me a random change to have either male or female. So here are my five survivors:

Otso (male)
He was raised in a big family on a farm and moved to the city to earn extra money, but then the Apocalypse occured.
Beatrycze (female)
She loved adventure, still does. She just does not understand why there are tons of zombies running around.
Olwen (female)
She loved playing on computers, but her father made her come camping with him. She picked up fishing, and got handy fixing things. She did not realize she'd be needing these skills this way.
Alexandra (female)
She has pretty much given up. She lost everything and is unsure how she survived. Perhaps because she was a coward.
Nikolche (male)
People wonder if he escaped from a Mental Institute when the Apocalypse happened. He's not telling.

So far Olwen and Nikolche are together, waiting for Olwen to reach lvl 5 in Science career before she becomes pregnant. Otso and Beatrycze are together and Tryc is pregnant. Alexandra is by her poor lonesome.

..... My game got lost.
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:33 PM
Has anyone foudn any cool worlds to download for this yet? I am so doing this asap, but I cbf building my own zombie world. Unless there aren't any out there, then I will have to give it a whirl

Chumcha Sims
Home to the Adam Devereaux + Co. Legacy
Space Pony
#39 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:06 PM
I created a program to random generate "good" and "bad" traits based on what the person wants for this challenge. I figure it you have a sim you want to be a Scientist, you got the three career traits picked you could use this to randomly pick the other two if you don't know what you want. As of right now I don't have it on the web but if people want it, I'd post it somewhere.
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:11 PM
I can't wait to do this one! I've been working on making a post appocalyptic Twinbrook, ridding it of the awful temptation of the bookstore movie store etc. And if I may say so my self, it's turning out pretty Fabulous!(maybe I'll upload...) .I'm starting off my family right now, in a little one room cottage that I made. I'll post some pictures later. Awesome challenge, thaks!

Max
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 3:53 AM
Default It Begins
So here's my family, the Evertsons.

I remember things from before the disease- I was eight when it all started. I remember mom and dad moving into a big, new, house. Mom was so proud of it. It was only a year after we moved in that the disease started spreading. At the time, I didn't really understand what was going on, all I knew was that all the grown ups were really worried about something, and that for some reason I couldn't go to school or play outside. The first time that I actually understood how bad things really were was when we had to move out of the house, and into a wierd underground place under the garage. It was all shiny, and full of wierd computers. It is in this place that I spent most of my childhood. I'm thirteen now, and know all about what actually happened, all about the...the zombies. I miss the old world, we had all sort of incredible things, like theatres, and schools, and places full of books... I remember back when mom and dad were clean, mom especially; she wouldn't even leave the house without her hair and makeup done, and dad always clean shaven, and had his hair combed. They were always so happy together, laughing together, and holding hands.
[IMG]screenshot-513[/IMG]

Now adays, they both look...awful. Dad has hair like a womans and mom looks like a mess. I guess I do too, everybody does, I guess.
[IMG]screenshot-503[/IMG]
[IMG]screenshot-505[/IMG]
[IMG]screenshot-507[/IMG]

Today is the first day out in the town again, they said things are normal again, so we left our little shelter, taking nothing but a a book, a few pieces of food, and the clothes on our back. This is not my idea of normal however, all that's left of the town I once knew is burnt out ruins and overgrown plants. We went to the place where our house had been, but there was barely a trace left behind. Thats how it was with most of the houses in town. The only place we could find was a pitiful shack of a place, with dirty, pre-appocalypse furniture, and an old broken tv. but it had a bed and even an oven and a fridge. Dad says they'll work if we use the genertor from the underground place.
[IMG]screenshot-525[/IMG]

ugh... sorry, my images didn't work, I'll post a photobucket link promptly. Wonder why they didn't work...
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:05 AM
http://s883.photobucket.com/albums/...se%20Challenge/

heres the link to the photos for my ZA family
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:56 PM Last edited by SilentPsycho : 13th Jun 2010 at 10:32 PM.
I think I may have a go at this, once I get my gaming PC back from the repair man. I'll have to tweak it a bit though, if only to add some Ambitions-related stuff in.

I'll probably follow most of the rules written so far by the original poster and the rules suggested by other people, but I'll add the following:

- All lots/items/activites that are unlocked by Science can be unlocked by an equivilant level by an Inventor. That way if I want a paranoid Inventor who is too scared to leave the basement, I can.
- I will create a household of Mummies to act as some leftover Zombies. If one or more of them shuffle onto a lot that has been unlocked, any playable sims on that lot and the surrounding lots will run straight back home.
- After three careers, including the self-employed careers, reach level 5 I will allow my Sims to have the sculpting station in order to reflect the increased amount of resources to use.
- Items that have been scavanged can be kept, but I can only call a repair man to come fix them after level 5 in Politics.
- Only one detonation can be allowed per day, and they can't be done on the home lot until someone reaches level 5 in Military or Law Enforcement to protect the household from the unwanted attention it can cause.
- An Inventor's desk can be bought at the start of the game, but it must be kept either in a basement or in a windowless room to have stopped it being ransacked and looted before your Sims moved in.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:01 AM
Default It continues
Mom and Dad have gotten jobs now. Doesn't that beat it all...there's an appocalypse that ruins almost all aspects of normal life, and yet the least fun part of "normal" life remains; jobs and school. Dad got work as a doctor, just like he was before the appocalypse. He says we need trained doctors more than ever now, even if the zombie disease is over, there's still the side-effects, and withouth the medicine we used to have, people need more care than ever. Since the old hospital was completely destroyed, my dad set up a clinic in the ruins of the supermarket.[IMG]Screenshot-526[/IMG]
[IMG]screenshot-611[/IMG]
Mom's become a business woman. She says she wants to bring back the old economic system, so that their can be stores and things like that. Imagine that.... a store! I haven't seen that in forever... She set up ofice in the old skyscraper. She also formed to community together to make a school on the other side of the building.
[IMG]screenshot-609[/IMG]
[IMG]screenshot-610[/IMG]
[IMG]screenshot-608[/IMG]
Mom's also planted some seeds she kept from before the sickness, and it feels so nice to have potatoes, and lettuce, and take a break from the canned rations.
[IMG]screenshot-579[/IMG]
[IMG]screenshot-551[/IMG]

and I've been doing homework from school. School is pretty bad, all we have is a battered logic textbook, and it's so hard to find paper to do homework on...some people are writing it on old, salvaged, fabrics even.

[IMG]screenshot-535[/IMG]

that's all for now...
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
I'll have to tweak it a bit though, if only to add some Ambitions-related stuff in.

- Items that have been scavanged can be kept, but I can only call a repair man to come fix them after level 5 in Politics.

Thanks for the Ambitions ideas ;D

Withthe scavenging though, do we have to wait to unlock the junkyards? What would unlock them?

Chumcha Sims
Home to the Adam Devereaux + Co. Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:02 AM Last edited by SilentPsycho : 15th Jun 2010 at 9:46 AM.
Hmmm, maybe a combination of Level 10 Military and Law Enforcement for everyone? There junkyards could still be there from the old world, but you need to cross dangerous ground to get there. Or until that point the only Sims who can go to the junkyard are currently level 5 in either the Law Enforcement, Military, or Criminal career.

Edit: Just thought of something. If you want, you could choose this rule option. Untill Level 10 of both Law Enforcement and Military is reached, only those in any level of Law Enforcement, Military, or Criminal may go there. However, if your Inventor Sim build a miner, they could create a hole on their lot, the Law Enforcement/Military/Criminal Sim could take the miner to the junkyard, build a second hole there, and the two could be linked. From then on, until the Level 10 of Law Enforcement and Military is completed, any Sim wanting to go to the Junkyard MUST use the underground path.

For mining, it must only be done during the day. At night it is too dangerous.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:20 AM
So I've seen these before. Sims 2 zombie apoc challenges and all that. But this is getting way too awesome for me to handle. I'm too pumped just reading all the new rules everyone is coming up with so I must, must try it.
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 4:05 AM
Default Part Three
Mom's done really well with her career recently. She's reached the fifth job level on business, and she's succeeded in just what she wanted; stores! There's not much right now, but mom's quit her job as a businesswoman and is now a book merchant. This is another thing that mom's made possible, books that is. She found a whole

basement full of them under the library, all kinds of books!
While Mom is doing great, Dad...well, he isn't. He lost his job as a doctor because he skipped work too much. He couldn't deal with the stress, I guess. Nowadays he mostly hangs around the garden, he's been getting good at it, and we've been getting some pretty good potatoes, so he has been useful.

I've been busy too, with school. I've meet so many new friends, but my favorite one is this really nice girl Marlene.[IMG]screenshot-626[/IMG]
We're going out, me and Marlene, and I know that one day were going to get married.
Test Subject
#49 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 2:59 PM
I tried this and to make it more fun. I downloaded the Weapons mod and assasination skill mod and added a new challenge to kill all zombies in the neighborhood. I first deleted 95% of all households except for a few which i custom build houses to make them look like survivors. Then I just made a zombie like male sim save it, zombie like girl sim, and just keeping doing it until all lots are full with 8 people. Also if any of the zombies make a social interaction with ur sim, it counts as a zombie thus making me use either dexter the bear or the pistol to kill him. It took a awhile to set up but it is a lot more fun to do now.
Test Subject
#50 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 3:56 AM
Just throwing this up there -- over the course of playing this challenge off and on for the last few months, I got really annoyed when my sims would wander off and end up around pretty shiny totally un-Apocalypse-y town.

So, I went ahead and trashed the place in Build Mode, and here're the lots if you're interested -- I tried to keep it to a minimum, custom-content-wise, but I think I did throw in some rust textures:

http://www.thesims3.com/userExchang...sona=jolieblanc

These're mostly rabbit holes, but the library, the park and the gym are included - I left most of the usable equipment still in the usable areas, but blocked off the entrances to keep errant Sims from going inside and violating the challenge rules when you aren't looking. (Mine kept running to the gym for showers, as it happens). It's pretty easy to remove the objects if and when you unlock those challenges.

Cheers.
Page 2 of 3