Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tim and dan
Should we use Dexter the Bear so we can kill people?

I figured that was what the OP meant becasue that is the only way we can get arrested or have witnesses to begin with.

Is the Dex bear compatible with the base game plus updates or do you have to have WA?

Do all the offspring have to have the evil trait? Do they have to be born with it and if they aren't we kill them, or can we just change the trait ourselves?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 4:27 PM
I think Dex Bear has versions for base game and the updates -
It works fine in my game and i have all the downloads - but i remember having to re-download, do i'm guessing there are more then one.

this is officially going to be my first ever challenge! (I'm off to build a house and a family!)

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 7:45 PM
i love this challenge. i never even knew that Dexter existed until this. this might make me sound like a lunatic, but this challenge has made the sims fun for me again. i took some pics, but i don't have them uploaded yet or anything so i'll just write what's been going on.
my founder was named Sherry Green. i had her earn some money & then moved her into that Riverview Ranch that's $24000 & has 4 bedrooms. The only trait that I require is these deep red/maroon eyes. Or, if the child is born with the evil trait & doesn't have the red eyes, they can live.
Anyway, Sherry is an author. She met Tom Shallow & they had a daughter together. Her name was Kerry. Kerry wasn't born with red eyes or the evil trait (she had some weird purple eyes. i don't know where those came from). So since Tom came into Sherry's house she had to kill him. Which she did. She also killed Kerry when Kerry was a teen. Sherry then met Jebidiah Wilson. He fathered her second daughter, Maura. Maura was born with red eyes (& is really gorgeous! i think she's the best looking born in-game sim i've ever played). She also has the evil trait now. Sherry killed Jeb soon after Maura was born. So then, without even thinking about it, I had Sherry call a babysitter for Maura one day. Well, since the babysitter entered the house, she was killed too. The latest person Sherry killed was Meagan something. Meagan insulted her. Sherry has since met Larry Cooper, who is also evil, & he fathered her first son, Cooper. Cooper was not born with the evil trait or with red eyes, so he'll have to die later. So will Larry. Sherry & Larry are elders now & Maura is a young adult. She will take over. The first one Maura will kill will probably be a Grisby boy. He comes over to their house a lot.
So yeah... that's my story so far. It's been an interesting time. haha

I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sammi10393
Sadly just drowning and setting sims on fire will bore me.. since those are the only two ways you can kill sims which arn't in your household

Great challenge by the way.

there are other ways. look up Dexter on this site & download Dexter the bear. it's real murder

Field Researcher
#30 Old 2nd May 2010 at 1:08 AM
I don't do challenges often enough. I think I'll play around with this. I'll start right now.

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 2nd May 2010 at 1:40 AM
i was going to start this challenge, but then riverview got messed up and decided to not show up in the town drop down menu, no matter how many times i tried to redownload it.
i don't remember what made it stop working.

but anyway,

this family went along with riverview. it was the family i made for the challenge. even though i barely got into playing, i miss them.

the 'evil genes' were going to be green eyes, really pale skin, and the thinnest on the slider.

i showed my mother these pictures and she said the guy looked like eminem. - that was when i decided that i missed this family. i might try to do them over again, but the dead walk in riverview will have to be in sunset valley. i'm not too excited about that.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th May 2010 at 3:25 PM
Okay, So i started the challenge a while ago and haven't really updated ever so:

Meet Casey and Lilly Maslow.
They moved into Sunset Valley, chose the house they liked the looks of and killed the original occupants (The Landgraabs - it was very fun, I used that Chaosmodpainitng and set fire to them, only time i didn't use the Dexter bear, i hope that was okay?)

They then proceeded to lie and say that the Landgraabs had just gone to their home in Champs les Sims and that they were the caretakers (Seemed like it'd fit...)

I don't have many screen shots right now, but I'm about to start playing again in an hour or so, so I'll be back with graveyard screenshots and a list of the dead soon XD

(Oh as their jobs outside of murder? Casey doesn't work, he's rarely out of the house, someone needs to guard the homestead - but Lilly is a police officer, with wants to be a forensic person - couldn't help it, come on! Dexter!)

The family traits are relatively simply, the dark hair and eyes, and the tanned skin. Nice easy traits so i don't have to massacre to many kids.

Test Subject
#33 Old 8th May 2010 at 5:00 PM
This sounds sooo fun! (Heres a helpful hint to!!) ;)
I am gonna go play this now! Ohh and somewhere on this website is a MOD(Dexters Bear) that allows your sim to MURDER!!! I have it and it works good with WA and the loft stuff! I had been playing around with this mod and the graphics are slightly off like they stab in the stomach and hit with a hammer in the stomach but the grim reaper shows up just fine and takes them away and leaves their graves!!! I had a sim go pyscho at a wedding and kill everyone!! *evil grin*... :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th May 2010 at 11:43 PM Last edited by That20issmokin : 11th May 2010 at 4:40 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Here's my evil Sim:

If any of her offspring look half as evil, I'll be pleased.

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th May 2010 at 5:21 PM
Yay I finally got it to work, I had to uninstall everything and then I reinstalled only the base game (which is fine with me since I never play WA anyway) but I was wondering how do I get the grave stones in my inventory? Do they have to be a part of my household? or just on my lot? To try it out I was just going to random neighbours houses, I would murder them and the grim reaper would come but the grave stone would disappear when grimmy did. Is there anyway to keep the gravestone if I kill them at their house or on a community lot? Thanks so very very much for your help!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 11th May 2010 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robngrace4ever
Is there anyway to keep the gravestone if I kill them at their house or on a community lot?

I think they usually end up at the mausoleam place in town. You can go there and it has a 'organise the dead' option. That's usually where they turn up, most of the time, but I've never paid much attention to where they were killed and such.

Hope this helps.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th May 2010 at 7:43 PM
Love this challenge.

The LeFay family is known for their golden eyes and their claim to be descended from King Arthur's infamous half-sister/lover, Morgan LeFay. They are also known for madness and evil. Each generation of the family has different reasons for killing, but each one must possess the family trait of golden eyes and the streak of evil.

The first generation to move into Riverview is Dorian LeFay. He is an artist, and he believes that death is the purest of all art forms. He is an artistic snob with extravagant tastes and relishes his own vanity. Portraits of himself -- and photographs of his victims -- adorn his walls...particularly in the bug-infested dungeon where he keeps their graves. Each one reads "Here lies ....., a martyr of art."

Dorian also happens to be a hopeless romantic, and has dreamed of finding true love all his life. He found it in France, with a man named Laurent Durand.

Dorian never lets his love visit him in his home in Riverview. No, then he would have to kill him, as he kills all witnesses.

But Dorian knows that his preference for the company of men will not help him continue the family line. The LeFay family must have an heir. He takes a lover in Riverview by the name of Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes. She is Good, and naive enough to believe that he wants to raise a family with her. Little does she know, he is disgusted by her, and will dispose of her once she produces a suitable heir. This may take a few tries, so pulls himself together and puts on his best act. As long as she doesn't find the secret dungeon, accessible only by a dive well, she can live long enough to play her small role in the LeFay legacy.

Test Subject
#38 Old 20th May 2010 at 12:01 AM
DIVE WELL! Omg thats the best idea yet! Amazing i have to try this like now!!!!!!!

Theres no half-singing in the shower, your either a rock star or an opera diva.

Theres no half-trying in Sims, your either a Newbie or a experinced player

SiMs FoReVeR
<3 <3 <3
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st May 2010 at 7:57 PM
MasterForger Your sim's story is just fantastic. The use of a dive well is awesome!

Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd May 2010 at 3:56 PM

This is a great challenge idea ;D
My Family is the Lott Family. The Adults are Mort and Chérie, and The two twin girls and Martha and Magda. Chérie is also pregnant but she isnt showing yet. The genetics they must carry are; black hair, red eyes, and LIGHT blue skin. The traits they must have are Evil and genius. Martha has all the genetics and both traits plus bravery, so she will be hier unless the next baby has everything i need. i plan on making the youngest with all the right stuff my hier. And i will be having five children in my family. I cant wait to kill off Magda!

iliek's<3
Test Subject
#41 Old 24th May 2010 at 8:32 PM
MasterForger i really like your story. the use of the dive well is awesome. keep us updated!

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th May 2010 at 3:15 AM
Well, there are a couple problems with my game. First off, the ghosts stay around ALL the time, which seriously lags my computer since there are already so many of them. Since Dorian's preferred mode of killing is stabbing, all of them technically died of "hunger" and, thus (I believe this is the cause anyway) raid the fridge constantly and cook nasty burnt meals and never clean them up. Secondly, my game crashed the other day and I lost a LOT of progress. I still have the pictures to remind me what I was doing (I'll show you the pictures too) but it probably won't be exactly the same. But I'm still going to do it, don't worry! I have big plans for the LeFay family.

I must say I've broken some rules. I *do* CAS the sims; well, I use the mirror anyway. I don't change anything like hair color, just hairstyle and makeup. I hope that's ok. If it's not, then, well, I'm probably going to do it anyway because I'm having fun.

Dorian eventually offed Meadow, along with two of the children she bore him. She was not producing a suitable heir and he was tired of her presence around the house and all those pesky questions about where the ghosts came from, and how they resembled the neighbors more than they did any sort of relatives. Bye-bye!

He then met Hannah Jones. He charmed her with his talent, wealth, and infamous physical beauty. She bore him a golden-eyed son, whom she named Ashley Jones. "Pah!" said Dorian to himself, as he wiped Hannah's blood off his clothes. "What a horribly plain and feminine name! And the 'Jones' also has to go." He marched right to City Hall and renamed his son Nostrus LeFay.

From the very beginning it was clear that Nostrus was a very serious child. Which was good, because Dorian didn't feel like playing games. His job was to raise an heir, no more, no less.

As the boy grew, it became clear that he was every bit as evil as his father, but not quite as mad, it seemed. He loved books and the color black, and hated brushing his teeth. Even as a child, his thirst for knowledge seemed insatiable.

As a teenager, he became a total loner and dressed the part. He wore hooded cloaks and the like, which disturbed the other kids. Nostrus didn't seem to mind, though. He liked that they were afraid of him.

When he turned 15, his father took him down to the dungeon to show him the graves of his victims and the bloody portrait of himself. Although he had never hid from Nostrus the nature of the LeFay "family business," seeing the display of death gave Nostrus a tingling feeling of excitement. But when Dorian invited a neighbor over and tried to teach Nostrus how to handle a knife, Nostrus felt rather disgusted by the practice of stabbing a victim to death. He found it unpleasant and barbaric, as well as unnecessarily time-consuming. There had to be another way.

Meanwhile, Dorian was rather unhappy. He was aging--gray hairs were appearing on his luxurious black hair. Gray hairs! On *him*! It was unthinkable. The lines of age were there, as well, and bags under his eyes. Dorian spent hours in the mirror, fretting over his appearance.

On top of this, he was lovesick over Laurent. When could he see his love again? He planned another trip to France, to his castle vacation home, and decided to take Nostrus with him. Dorian figured it was about time his son got some cultural education, and what would be a better place than Champs Les Sims, with its world-class art gallery and winery?

Dorian is thrilled to be...reunited with his beloved.

While his father was...busy, Nostrus was left to wander the castle alone. He found a strange mirror and a wooden rod. Somehow he felt power emanating from the rod, and was drawn to it. He picked it up and gripped it. Then, as if by instinct, he shouted a word that was quite unfamiliar to him and lunged forward.

He felt a current of energy rushing through his body. At that instant, he knew this would be his path. He knew that magic -- for this was surely magic -- would be his preferred method of death and destruction. He knew this was the way of true power--a power that his father, with his pathetic butcher knife, would never know.

While Nostrus practiced his magic, Dorian had gone to visit the winery, trying to forget his woes and retain his class and dignity as he felt himself falling apart. He was torn between two worlds: his seemingly normal life in France, complete with true love and a home without the scent of decay and death, and his life in Riverview, full of the most sadistic delights and brimming with blood. He used to love those things, pain and art, art and pain and suffering. But now he was not so sure that was what he wanted. Perhaps he could escape his old life. Of course he would never give up the ways of Evil. He would have to at least take up kitten punting or something. But having a normal life...this was something that called to Dorian.

Dorian and Nostrus returned home, just in time for Nostrus' birthday. But Nostrus was not one for celebration. No, he buried himself in a book instead, wanting to know more and more about magic...and the immortality that he craved.

Now that Nostrus was grown up, Dorian painted a portrait of him to immortalize him and confirm his place in the family line.

But privately, Dorian was suspicious of his son. He felt he was plotting against him somehow. Dorian considered killing Nostrus, but with the onset of age, he feared he would not be able to produce another suitable heir before he became so old and haggard that no woman would want him.

Dorian was correct to fear Nostrus. Nostrus sensed his father's desire to forsake the LeFay traditions. He was weak; love had made him willing to give up all the principles he had taught Nostrus. By the weekend after he returned from France, Nostrus had already killed many of his old schoolmates using a magical immolation technique. He planned to test it on his father next. Will he be successful, or will Dorian surprise Nostrus and escape and retire without warning? Will Dorian slay Nostrus out of fear and suspicion?

Time will tell.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 25th May 2010 at 11:51 AM
Wow that is one powerfull story!! Haha I might start with an easy challange tomorrow!!
Space Pony
#44 Old 26th May 2010 at 9:16 PM
Is it okay if it's a child from another challenge that gets the letter? For example I'm doing this poverty challenge where my sim married Holly Alto and they had a son named Azrael Angelos who has Nick Alto's hair coloring. Thinking of the bloodline traits being evil and the brown hair with the white tips and gray highlights.
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:06 PM
IDEA! better than using the dexter bear, why not use dexter AND the assassination / mobster career from Nraas? that'd be more, ummm, in theme? what do you think?
Test Subject
#46 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:36 AM
GRR!! I have no way to kill the sims! I downloaded Dexter and the game kept closing down, and every time i start a fire and lock a sim in there, they don't die they just say "I have to go now, bye" and they disappear!! Can someone give me a link to a mod or something that allows me to kill sims. And the magic mod won't work for me either!
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chelsea199710
GRR!! I have no way to kill the sims! I downloaded Dexter and the game kept closing down, and every time i start a fire and lock a sim in there, they don't die they just say "I have to go now, bye" and they disappear!! Can someone give me a link to a mod or something that allows me to kill sims. And the magic mod won't work for me either!
God! I got rid of Dexter and the game keeps closing! Now it won't even let me into my family, or start a new game.
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:01 AM
OK! I finally got my game working and created a new Sim

but I can't figure out how to get them on here So can someone tell me how? :D
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:28 AM
Gentlemen, the Game has just changed.
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chelsea199710

I don't have Dexter either. I use 'testingCheatsenabled true' to add them to the family, so they can't leave, then kill them. Great Challenage btw.
Page 2 of 5