Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
I've not played TS3 for very long and can see I'm going to need help on Generation 2.

Background: My sim just hired someone to repair the kitchen sink and instead of going to the kitchen he went upstairs to play chess. There were words between him and the founder and after she left the room I took off the door so he would be trapped and die a slow, painful death. (I really don't make a habit of killing off sims. Really. But he charged her for the non-work.) You folks probably know where this is heading - he transported out of there. So, for Gen 2, what are some effective ways to bump off an older, rich spouse?

My personal favourite is the "Room of Firey Death"

Make a small room, 3x3. Place a stove in one corner, a fridge next to it and direct your sim to cook. Once cooking has started (ie the food is in the oven) cancel the interaction, and direct your sim to stand by the (now removed) door. Place objects all around the stove so that they can't get to it. (plants work well, as they are flammable). Now just wait.

Alternative: Make a small 4x4 room, and make the floor into a pool. Direct your sim to jump in and remove the door. Now just wait. (the pool has to be walled in, otherwise they climb out when drowning).

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:56 PM
Seems my heir inherited her father's pyro trait - so "Room of Firey Death" it is! (cackles gleefully)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:04 PM
Haven't been here in a while, so I'm seriously happy that so many people like it!

As for some death methods, my favorites are also The Room of Firey Death and the Pool of Persecution.
I also like starving the SimVictim in a really small room, so they can't move that much, if not at all! It's fun seeing sims suffer!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Instructor
#29 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 7:04 AM
Yes! I finally moved onto the second generation (ie, the first part of this challenge)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 10:13 PM
The subject of making Sims suffer made me think of this comic... :/
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=122

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EleanorElephante

Why do I think that's morbidly funny?

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Scholar
#32 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EleanorElephante

Heh heh heh....

I'll have to try that now. : D
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 7:12 AM
The name of this challenge is epic, btw. Shame I couldn't think of that, lol. Oh and Generation 1 can be just the typical family right? They have their problems just like any other family but they love each other. Is that what you mean? I'm totally gonna go do this after the challenge I'm working on.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 3:03 PM
@astrotheif ~ Yeah, you got that right. You can do their plot however your heart desires!

Thanks for the title compliment!

Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 2:28 AM
i started this last week, my generation 2 just had her first baby and her husband, Michael Bachelor is waiting to die in "The Cubicle of no return"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peridotted
i started this last week, my generation 2 just had her first baby and her husband, Michael Bachelor is waiting to die in "The Cubicle of no return"

What method is that?

Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HannahTheSimmingFool
What method is that?

starvation
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peridotted
starvation

Nice!

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 11:56 PM
My generation three heir just grew into a child, and so far I'm really enjoying your challenge. It's the first one I haven't grown bored of by the second generation. I have one suggestion, though. In generation seven, I think it would make more sense if the heir had to steal their spouse from someone else. Envy desires what doesn't belong to it, I suppose.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymous Miss
My generation three heir just grew into a child, and so far I'm really enjoying your challenge. It's the first one I haven't grown bored of by the second generation. I have one suggestion, though. In generation seven, I think it would make more sense if the heir had to steal their spouse from someone else. Envy desires what doesn't belong to it, I suppose.

Added that.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 4:21 PM
I started this challenge about a week ago; the mother had a LTW of raising 5 kids, so I was obligated to let her do that- she had 1singlet and 2 sets of same-sex twins. O.o I chose the firstborn child (a girl named Monica Pendleton) as the heiress, and she has these traits: Friendly (yeah, right ><), Genius, Ambitious, Frugal, and Workaholic. Her LTW is to become a CEO, so that's perfect for generation 2. Monica's dating Sam Sekemoto right now, but I'll probably have to get rid of him to find her a richer, older mate.

This challenge has been a lot of fun so far, but I'm afraid of moving out my spare kids because they might emigrate from the neighborhood forever... Does anyone know if Twallan's Story Progression is Generation-compatible yet? I want to download it so that I can regulate my family better.

The Pendletons are celebrities, so the paparazzi keep stalking them.
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 5:02 AM
I started this challenge about a week ago also, and have just moved onto the 2nd generation. The male sim I created found a mate and married, then had 2 daughters. The oldest just aged up and is soon moving out. She has the traits of Genious, mean, brave, athletic and evil. She will be looking for an older mate soon!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 3:22 PM
Here are a few pictures! I lost quite a few of them, but I salvaged a fair few from my second generation's teenage years, so my founder is still pictured.

Here's the unsuspecting and goodhearted founder, May Belue, teaching Penny how to walk.

Generation Two heir, Harry Belue, seducing his first wife, Holly Alto.

His second wife, Emeline. (I hate having children with townies.)

The wrathful heir, Christian Belue. His traits make him very conflicted.

Christian and his final girl, Lucille.

All hail the fourth generation, Hazel Belue!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:21 PM
@ Anonymous Miss ~ Nice!

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:53 PM
Whoo, my fourth generation heiress is nearly a young adult. I got some more pics, and I hope that they're better this time. (:

Hazel Belue as a toddler. I don't know how her legs are still working after sitting like that.

Christian and Lucille are still in love even as they're reaching elderhood.

Here's Harry, getting his swag on just before his death.

Hazel's brother, Luke, wishes that there was NASCAR in Twinbrook.

Hazel's sister, Ophelia, always finds herself eating the healthy alternative to her sister's box of pizza.

Here is Hazel in her late teen years. I think she's gorgeous even with the weight gain. For some reason, though, she won't stay overweight. The pounds just fall off every couple of Sims days. :\
Test Subject
#46 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:06 PM
how come it is called the SEVEN deadly sims but theyre r 8????
Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:39 PM
sorry about my text talk i wrote that before i read rules
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:25 AM
The first generation isn't one of the seven deadly sims.

Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 8:04 PM
This looks great- off to start it now! Thanks
Test Subject
#50 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 10:07 PM
ohhh ok YAY i got the patchh
Page 2 of 4