Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:24 AM
Settle it however feels right to you.

I tended to compromise in similar ways when such things happened to my thieves - particularly in letting the slave have the run of the house as long as someone was home. That method works to reduce frustration while keeping the spirit of the challenge.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 9:18 AM
Hello there, thought I'd let you know that I'm trying out this challenge! I did quite a bit of changes to the rules to suit my playing style lol, but eh, I'm loving it so far! ^^;

I was lucky in that I only suffered one fire damage and one burglar attempt, both foiled by the fortunately then-available superslavesim. Not all of their relationships are great, but at least none of them became enemies (lol, i made their personalities not too negative, to make it believable that they became a team in the first place). All the thieves wanted treasure (relic collection), except the leader who wanted to be Head Thief.

Attached a few pictures to show the characters, some of them might look familiar to those who read legacy stories, though I did change their personalities, heheh.

Thanks so much aelflaed for this idea! (:
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 6:24 AM
Hi Catharsis, thanks for posting your thoughts. Hope you continue to have fun with the challenge!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 12:29 AM
Default sounds like fun
i just put in a few mods from nraas..... and i think they will go well with this..... and my slave will definately start as a teen... i shall be using really medium lifespans and maybe make it 3 generations for my individual one.....
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 4:30 AM
Okay, this looks super fun and really titillates the author in me. xD I'm really busy with my Legacy right now and with college, but I think I'll have to try it. Maybe I'll make another blog for it if anyone's interested in reading the story. 8B
Alchemist
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 9:51 AM
Good to see people being inspired to try this challenge! Thanks for posting.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 1:19 AM
I wanted a shorter challenge (i.e. not ten generations) to create a really interesting playthrough and this challenge did the trick. I love it! I made five female thieves and a male slave (I gave him Natural Cook and Athletic as his other two free traits). Seems like it took forever for him to be able to get a job (since my thieves kept getting arrested), but after joining the military career, he promoted to a Level 5 after 5 days of work, so that's looking bright. Fun fact: my slave has only had to go on lockdown once since he got his job, and that happened on his two-day weekend when he didn't have to work anyway! Lucky slave.
Some changes I made to suit my playing style: I changed the "one-day lockdown" requirement from having 20 items worth $1,000 each to collecting a bunch of items that add up to $20,000. It still takes a lot of work (I have almost $10,000 worth of stuff now), but since I have every expansion pack BUT World Adventures, I can't get relics and stuff like that (plus, I chose to play in Twinbrook and I have no idea where to find gems or anything...my best luck is whatever the thieves steal and what I can get my slave to find in the catacombs in the graveyard).
For storyline purposes, I decided that my Sim wanted to escape so badly, but he realized that once he finally did he would be too old to have a family or enjoy his life. So I had him sneak some money and buy a chemistry set (the thieves will never know!) and hide them in his lockdown room. The thieves never enter it, so they don't know he has it. So when they lock him down (or other times) he can work on potions until he learns how to make a Young Again potion. That way, after he overthrows the thieves, he can go back to being a young adult and start his life over a free man. I'm looking for another challenge for him to work on after he does that.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 9:28 PM
I like the way you've interpreted the challenge - keep up the good work! It's interesting to hear your experiences.
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:28 AM
My thieves are all occupying 3 Sun Song Ave (the 1 BR, 1BA beach side bungalow in Sunset Valley) which has been remodeled to fit the bulk of a laundry-room/lockdown-room and a set of stairs that leads to a basement level with bedrooms, bathrooms and miscellaneous baddie equipment.

My group is a little more diverse to suit my tastes: one of the thieves is a teenager (another gang member's step-brother) and the fifth is a female young-adult but she's a seductive Loner with hopes of conquering the world. So... she holds her own.

I'm loving the challenge so far, though! I'll upload some pictures once I'm further along.

note: when my den was completed the family funds were at $50,000+ which seemed extravagant to start off with. For some reason I can't get the 'familyFunds' cheat to work so I've currently got x5 $10,000 statues in my inventory... any ideas on a fix??
Field Researcher
#35 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:39 AM
did you put the testingcheatsenabled true' in? i was having issues with the same thing at one point and then i put in the testingcheatsenabled true in and it worked
Field Researcher
#36 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:59 AM
i hate bridgeport! hate it hate it hate it! well the sims that are already there are pretty good but there are not many empty lots which is my biggest issue........ I don't always like to work on a town before i can actually play it(all the new venues, they aren't automatically added like it was with ambitions which was my first ep. ok im finished ranting now to go find a new world, that maybe doesn't have much in the way of custom content but has enough lots to suit my needs
Field Researcher
#37 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:19 AM
oh i definately feel like being evil, so restarting this challenge, rebuilding the house, etc, though since i have the woohooer, i am going to have it be one of the slaves duties to please ALL of the thieves, and again since i have the woohooer, i can do that without it being romantically involved, (there will be alot of kids, that house is going to grow fast) and being more evil, the slave is probably going to be a teen, I can't help it i feel like torturing something.
Test Subject
#38 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:44 PM
I might do this. Could you let me know about any rule alterations you could recommend if a slave AND their child were taken By the thieves and (more importantly) would it be allowed as an alteration (it would also my first attempt at a challenge)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#39 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:51 AM
You can alter it however you like - no one is going to come around and check!

Perhaps the child would have to help with chores...or with thieving. Thieves might banish the child to boarding school if the kid gets on their nerves, Or refuse to send the kid to school at all.

Sounds like an interesting variation - enjoy!
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:24 PM Last edited by Fishyman : 21st Mar 2012 at 7:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
You can alter it however you like - no one is going to come around and check!

Perhaps the child would have to help with chores...or with thieving. Thieves might banish the child to boarding school if the kid gets on their nerves, Or refuse to send the kid to school at all.

Sounds like an interesting variation - enjoy!

Ok seeing as it is allowed I might give it a go when I've get bored of normal sims 3 gameplay and have built my world. How do I send a child to boarding school though?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:19 PM
Use the phone or computer I believe - haven't ever done it myself.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 9:09 PM
OMG Just started this... should have made the house smaller and made less bedrooms, my poor girl is going insane! And she's currently in lockdown getting much needed sleep.... she's been napping and cleaning and napping and cooking and over again until someone went and got arrested... it's like a break, a very dark and depressing break but a break all the same. *lol*
Alchemist
Original Poster
#43 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 1:13 AM
That sounds pretty much as it should be, for the beginning - it will get easier after a while!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 8:03 AM
I told my mom about this challenge and she was like, "What are you doing to that poor girl, torturing her?" Yep.... that's about right! Sending this to my daughter, she wants to try it *lol*
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 5:12 PM
Know what's really fun with this challenge? Getting the Desecrate Weapons' mod and Twallan's Assassination career, so you have an almost-mafia, and then half your thieves are autonomously turned into vampires. Oh, high free will, you entertain me so. Just think of all the trouble my slave can get into with the magical objects!
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Ladygagasimsfan : 26th Mar 2012 at 6:24 PM.
I JUST saw this, and I decided to do it. I'm making a female slave called Jodie Bryne, and she's the slave of four brothers and there friend. I used a few more cheats to make there home seem more dirty, so clothes on the floor, rubble in one place, e.t.c. I might make the thieves have large rooms, and Jodie always sleeps in the kitchen, so she can always get up and start cooking in a minute. I'm giving her a sleeping bag. I'm also making her have a son and daughter who was kidnapped too, but the thieves didn't need three slaves and kids can't help with thieveing really, so they sent them to boarding school. They will return as soon as the thieves are over thrown. I decided that I may need to change some of the rules to suit my playing style, so I might play as the thieves sometimes, but they can only be mean or use a special interaction with the slave, unless romanticly involved. The lockdown room will be given lots of things as soon as they get lots of money. So when they have $10,000 she gets a potion kit and a item of her choice under $1,000. Also, the treasure thing, I was thinking when she finds a rare seed, instead of 20 items worth 1000 or more, she will get that privilage.
Page 2 of 2