Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:32 PM
Default Trapped in the Classroom Challenge
A small class of gifted students went to school today. They were inside the classroom when something hit the door! The kids and the teacher are now trapped inside the classroom with little food and (obviously) no money.

To start:
Create a family with one young adult/adult/elder (the teacher), four teens, and three children. Gender does not matter, but you should have one girl and one boy so you can have children in the future, and to create a third-generation sim, you need at least two couples at the start of the game. Use motherlode ONCE, and only once. Then build a "house" that looks like a classroom and a lunchroom. You can put anything in it that would make sense, but you need: A fridge, a couch or bench, chairs and tables, a countertop, a sink, a toilet (the toilet stalls work best), somewhere to WooHoo (a gym/nurse's office shower would work perfectly, or a bed that was in the nurse's office), and either a planter or an area where you can plant things. Bring all of the Sims inside, then delete any exits. If you have leftover money, just use it to pay the bills (bills do not matter, but they are the ONLY thing you can spend money on).

Rules

-Money no longer matters, so bills are the only thing you can spend it on.

-The food inside the fridge should be planted, so that the kids have food later. They can live on quick meals until the first crops grow, then delete the fridge. Think of it as the kids having their packed lunches for a little while.

-No cell phone use is allowed. The battery died.

-No adoption. Also, Sims can only age up naturally.

-You cannot replace destroyed objects! Where would you get a new one if you never leave the building and no one enters either? If the oven burns up, it just means no more warm meals. Sorry.

-If all the sims die without having any children, you lose.

-If anyone leaves the building, you lose. This includes children being taken away by the social worker.

-To win, a third-generation sim must be born.

-Absolutely no cheats!

-You can't buy anything from buy mode. Anything you want in the room should be placed when you create the classroom.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:40 PM
By the way, leave me your opinions. I am new at this, and I would love to know if my challenges are good, and what I can do to improve them!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:04 PM
Interesting. Where do they sleep?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 8:09 PM
Default Where they sleep
Quote: Originally posted by Kittens!
Interesting. Where do they sleep?

You can build couches (if you build a playroom or something similar) and place beds in a "nurse's office" where you might also put a shower. I gave several children sleeping bags because they could have been planning on heading to a sleepover after school. I also made a "dramatic" Sim who gains energy by "fake passing out".
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 8:11 PM
Lol where was the fire department? Aren't they supposed to help out in these emergencies? :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 8:58 PM
Can you sell your food for money, just for the bills? Oh and are you alowed to goto the stor and buy all of the seeds before you start?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:34 AM
Can you sell your food for money, just for the bills? Oh and are you alowed to goto the stor and buy all of the seeds before you start?

You can use money cheats or do that for the bills. Technically money is no longer useful, so do whatever you want with it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 1:00 AM
So their parents went 'yawn' good riddance that Jonny didn't come home from school, and the kids are growing food inside their classroom? Lol sorry but as a parent my first thought was where are their parents! Let alone the fire department. I'd be outside the school with an army if my kids were locked inside! Maybe it should be that the entire neighbourhood was invaded by aliens and everyone else is dead and they have the whole school plus grounds to use, otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 1:57 AM
So, are we allowed to buy seeds before we start?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 12:38 AM Last edited by queenkitty : 1st Nov 2013 at 8:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So their parents went 'yawn' good riddance that Jonny didn't come home from school, and the kids are growing food inside their classroom? Lol sorry but as a parent my first thought was where are their parents! Let alone the fire department. I'd be outside the school with an army if my kids were locked inside! Maybe it should be that the entire neighbourhood was invaded by aliens and everyone else is dead and they have the whole school plus grounds to use, otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

The idea is that it's impossible to get the kids out of the classroom. No one has any way to get in or out no matter how hard they try, so the kids are on their own with the teacher.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 12:39 AM
So, are we allowed to buy seeds before we start?

Sure. Maybe the class was planning on doing a plant growth lab.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 1:07 AM
Okay.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 3:49 AM
sounds like fun, I might try it
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 5:16 AM
if they have children where do the baby's and toddlers sleep?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Let alone the fire department. I'd be outside the school with an army if my kids were locked inside!

Well, you would, sure. But these are sims we're talkin' about.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queenkitty
The idea is that it's impossible to get the kids out of the classroom. No one has any way to get in or out no matter how hard they try, so the kids are on their own with the teacher.

...For that to be possible, the walls would have to be harder than diamond, otherwise people could drill/saw their way through the walls. For that matter, so would the doors, the doorknob, the screws holding the hinges, etc. And what's the door supposed to be sealed with? A black hole? I can't think of anything else that would be able to hold the door shut.

I'm just going to go with the "everyone else is dead and there are irradiated zombies running around outside who are too stupid to use doorknobs" explanation.
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 8:20 PM
Could be like "Under the Dome" and the school is the only thing trapped instead of an entire town.

belissimo simsxistence: blogger | tumblr
if you read the blog and like it, I hope you'll let me know
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th May 2014 at 9:29 PM
I like this challenge
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:52 PM
Can we cheat to get the no bills reward or is scrambling to delay the repo man's coming part of the challenge?
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 11:59 AM
Question: Why no cell phone? Theres got to be a sim having a portable battery bank or a phone charger. Even if it means mini-usb cable from computer(in library) to phone charge. If everything I said above failed one sim could have high handiness skill level and convert a computer cable to a mini-usb cable from a phone. (1 sim must sacrifice)
Question 2: Why not just get a wrecking ball to break down walls lol.
Question 3: The 'house' that have a classroom and lunchroom (and also added nurse room, library (to learn handiness), lab ( for crops) plus art & music room (to learn music and art)) start to look more like a school ROFL. And what kind of school doesn't have an emergency exit? A bunker?
Question 4: Are TV allowed?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by funkydude63
Question: Why no cell phone? Theres got to be a sim having a portable battery bank or a phone charger. Even if it means mini-usb cable from computer(in library) to phone charge. If everything I said above failed one sim could have high handiness skill level and convert a computer cable to a mini-usb cable from a phone. (1 sim must sacrifice)
Question 2: Why not just get a wrecking ball to break down walls lol.
Question 3: The 'house' that have a classroom and lunchroom (and also added nurse room, library (to learn handiness), lab ( for crops) plus art & music room (to learn music and art)) start to look more like a school ROFL. And what kind of school doesn't have an emergency exit? A bunker?
Question 4: Are TV allowed?

Because if they got a wrecking ball they would just kill the people inside the school. Or at least it would be too risky.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:20 PM
Nice!
Hi! I like the idea!
I'll probably tweak the rules a little (I'm not much one for strict rules!), but the idea's nice!

Anyone here ever read the Gone series, by Michael grant? Because in the books, there's a mutation that's too long for me to explain here, but anyway, the whole town gets stuck in this giants unbreakable opaque ball, and only children under 15 are left, the adults are gone. Your challenge sort of reminds me of that book!
(amazing series, by the way)

I'll definitely try it! :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 3:24 AM
Maybe the school was somehow sucked into an alternate dimension? That would explain why the teacher and students aren't being rescued.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 7:57 AM
Im gonna try this! The logistics don't matter, as long as we have fun, right?
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 7:18 AM
Oh hey I have another scenario: The school isn't just a school - it's an interstellar School Ship that has crashed on an uninhabitable planet. That's why they have enough emergency rations to last till they can get a garden started, and each student and teacher has their own quarters (it's like a flying boarding school) so everyone has a place to sleep. The crew died in the crash, so there are extra quarters for when they start having kids. Once someone maxes out their electronics skill, they can repair the subspace radio and send out a distress signal. You decide for yourself how long the rescue ships take to get there.
Page 1 of 2