Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Agnes and Cornelia are more than just friends. They are Sisters. Cornelia's maiden name is Crumplebottom.

I discovered the fact by using a interaction that came with University, and I gave the justification by making them Get to know each other.
(Meta post)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M-hzer
I discovered the fact by using a interaction that came with University, and I gave the justification by making them Get to know each other.
(Meta post)

But do you think she would kill her sister?
Instructor
#53 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 3:38 PM
Claudia, my PI, believes it was Agnes who had dinner with her sister at the coffee house, due to the hints about them having a very specific favourite dish. Only problem I'm having is that it's a coffeehouse. I've never heard of a coffeehouse that serves lobster thermidor.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Claudia, my PI, believes it was Agnes who had dinner with her sister at the coffee house, due to the hints about them having a very specific favourite dish. Only problem I'm having is that it's a coffeehouse. I've never heard of a coffeehouse that serves lobster thermidor.

It only refers to them eating it behind closed doors, not necessarily at the coffee house. The killer was just trying to point you toward Agnes as someone who knows the truth "This one knows the truth, you’ll seek". Keep in mind that doesn't necessarily mean she's sharing all the truth with you....or maybe she is
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Only problem I'm having is that it's a coffeehouse. I've never heard of a coffeehouse that serves lobster thermidor.

The clue didn't specifically say they ate lobster thermidor there. Plus, it's the Sims; not everything makes sense.
Edit: Oops, Misty beat me to it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 3:48 PM Last edited by MistyDW : 8th Mar 2014 at 4:14 PM.
I did create a group so that we could have a thread for each individual case. It's not private. You can join it (if you like) and post there or continue posting here. I just wanted to have a separate area to make it easier to go back and look at the case info without having to pick through our main discussion on here

Murder/Mystery Case Files
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
I did create a group so that we could have a thread for each individual case. It's not private. You can join it (if you like) and post there or continue posting here. I just wanted to have a separate area to make it easier to go back and look at the case info without having to pick through our main discussion on here

Murder/Mystery Group

umm Mysty that link isn't a link. You can click on it all day and you won't go anywhere.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
umm Mysty that link isn't a link. You can click on it all day and you won't go anywhere.

Well crud! I fixed it Thanks for letting me know.

If anyone is still having trouble, the direct link is...

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=831

I also have this on the original post.
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 4:20 PM
Oh dear, I do hope I'm not late! I'd hate to miss the first mission. ;-;

Quickly making a sim!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 4:37 PM
Will post PI pics tomorrow, just a quick note: nobody drove Cornelia to the spa, since she actually went to the salon, not the spa.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Test Subject
#61 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 6:28 PM
Finally got my sim created, she lives with her boyfriend (so he can take over, when I get her killed by guessing wrong). She's a wannabe superhero - had to find a use for that SP somehow.

Field Researcher
#62 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 7:09 PM
Ada is trying to figure out how Agnes' relationship is with her sister
Field Researcher
#63 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 7:20 PM
Somethig odd...Agnes is rich and unemployed.
Instructor
#64 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
Somethig odd...Agnes is rich and unemployed.

Probably inheritance. The Crumplebottom family is a fairly wealthy family, according the the Sims wiki.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 8:45 PM
Just FYI, I will be posting the next part of the case tonight so if you still need to interview anyone (you get to pick two suspects) let me know by this evening. The next update will probably be around 8P EST.

Also, if sometime in the future you'd like to create your own mystery for us to follow, let me know. Everyone is free to participate.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 1:10 AM
Alright guys the killer has left you the last instructions you'll receive before tomorrow night's big decision!
I've posted it on our case files forum below:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4344321
Test Subject
#67 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
Alright guys the killer has left you the last instructions you'll receive before tomorrow night's big decision!
I've posted it on our case files forum below:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4344321

Ooh, this is puzzling.

Also, I have a question. Is there a certain way we should be improving our skills? Like, does it come as we get clues or? Or should we just be doing it normally?
Sorry, I've just been kinda stumped XD
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 4:08 AM
Oh i hope i can still participate, id love to join
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 5:06 AM
This is so fun. I can't wait till the second mission ^_^
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 5:21 AM
Does anyone have any ideas on what the waterfall and the Prince are? My sister currently has the laptop with the sims on it and we are trying to figure it out through texting. It's not going well...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:24 AM Last edited by MistyDW : 9th Mar 2014 at 7:39 AM.
OK I've stumped you guys so here is a hint!

Roll up your walls! The waterfall and the prince are both objects on walls.

One clue lies beneath a Prince's watchful eye
Look for something that's watching (on the walls). Keep in mind I did say "prince". If you see something and you don't know the name of it, try going into build/buy mode and finding it there. I guarantee you, there is definately a prince on someone's wall.

While the other is not far from where the waterfall meets the tide
This has nothing to do with a name, it's absolutely literal. Look for a waterfall meeting the waves (ocean or body of water).

Also think about who you think did it. If you've made the connection between the 3 families (and some of you have) then where in their house might such a clue be? There is a VERY clear connection between all 3 families that has nothing to do with them being rich. They all share something. If you haven't figured it out, try following the key suspects around during the day from the Goth, Landgraab, and Alto family.

If you're absolutely stumped, just guess. You've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right (two houses have the clues (one in each) and two don't.
Test Subject
#72 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 3:00 PM
So I was investigating, already found what the 'prince' meant and I was right outside a suspect's house when...

My sim got abducted by aliens.
Oh dear.
Test Subject
#73 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 3:03 PM
oh no, not the aliens, as long as they don't impregnate you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 4:11 PM Last edited by MistyDW : 9th Mar 2014 at 4:46 PM.
Just a reminder - If you find one or both of these just PM me and let me know and I will tell you what you found at the clue. You just have to tell me where you saw the prince and/or waterfall (specifically so that I know you actually
saw it).

Also if you want to post tips on how you distracted anyone that was home, please do! I'd love to hear about it. Did you let loose a flask of angry bees or disguise bladder flow or stink juice as a bottle of wine? LOL

EDIT:
Here is something I just read that might be helpful to a PI (very helpful when you want to get into someone's house when they aren't at home). I have no idea if this works yet, I haven't tested it.

1. Get enough Lifetime Happiness points to buy the teleportation pad

2. Go up to the house you want to break into

3. Click on one of the windows and you'll get the option to "Peek In Window"

4. You'll be able to see the interior of the house. Click on a point inside the house and click "Teleport Me Here"

5. Voila - you're inside and able to search for clues.

EDIT: OK I should have researched that a bit more, it costs insane amounts of lifetime reward points to get it. There is an easy enough cheat to let you teleport (I personally think that you should be able to break into any house in the PI career but you can only do it when a case calls for it). Since this is a case and it does call for it, I wanted to ask what you all thought about adding that to our challenge (teleport cheat). If we did, I would have to put in a stiff penalty for getting caught (if you broke into a home and someone was there). What do you think?
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 5:16 PM
The painting of the Prince was at multiple people's houses and so was the painting of the waterfall. Is it not what house they're in but what they are looking at/what's under them?
Page 3 of 4