Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rideable Motorcycle - The Beast, V2: FIXED version after EA broke it

by Esmeralda Posted 7th Dec 2019 at 7:22 PM - Updated 11th Aug 2023 at 7:45 PM by Esmeralda : EA broke the bike with a recent gamecode change, new version now added

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 11:34 PM
omg I've been waiting for some mod like this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:06 AM
This is the coolest mod that I didn't know I needed. My current sim happens to be a badass villain lady and this is so perfect for her.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 3:55 AM
Awesome! Also, ts3 has bikes, can you convert those as well? Maybe even make ts3 bikes override ts4's, like as default replacements?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 4:29 AM
Man looks pretty a-w-e-s-o-m-e in the game. Fantastic idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 4:50 AM
Thank you so much for this!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 9:16 AM
I'm impressed that you added multiple different engine sound, not just one. Will not use the engine sound thought I'm fine with the default one... It's a really good idea and I hope it will spark some ideas to you or others creators to add more 2 wheelers! Thanks for this!

So some more ideas :
female bicycle based on the default maxis one, like this : https://imgur.com/oo0a7lu
small scooters like this https://imgur.com/EHAJpvd
I think they would be easier than motorbikes to do because they would be closer to the original maxis bicycle so no issue with taillight...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 11:09 AM
Thanks looks fantastic and I will try this in game. Good to see you here again
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 11:24 AM
Can this be used inside a TS4 house / apartment?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 11:42 AM
I love this soooo much! <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:24 PM
This turned out really well! Everything looks good and the very slight leg motion could easily be motorcycle vibrations. Even the tail light is inconspicuous. It was a hoot watching Mr Skeleto riding his hog!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:55 PM
Thanks, everyone!
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
Awesome! Also, ts3 has bikes, can you convert those as well? Maybe even make ts3 bikes override ts4's, like as default replacements?

Hope you'll find it fun, as you were the first one to ask me to make The Beast into a bike clone!
Quote: Originally posted by talinte
So some more ideas :
female bicycle based on the default maxis one, like this : https://imgur.com/oo0a7lu
small scooters like this https://imgur.com/EHAJpvd

To both of you, thanks but I won't be making any more bikes, I only wanted to do this one. But, I'm sure there will be plenty more bikes from other creators. I would bet that after having to wait so long for vehicles to be added to TS4, there will be quite a few creators working on new rideable creations now!
Quote: Originally posted by Coeur
Thanks looks fantastic and I will try this in game. Good to see you here again

Thank you! Good to see you and other familiar names again too!
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This turned out really well! Everything looks good and the very slight leg motion could easily be motorcycle vibrations. Even the tail light is inconspicuous. It was a hoot watching Mr Skeleto riding his hog!

Thanks! Ha ha, yes, Mr Skels looks quite the expert biker!
Quote: Originally posted by Dolph
Can this be used inside a TS4 house / apartment?

Heh, I didn't think of riding a motorcycle indoors so I didn't try it, but yes, I think I did read that the bicycles can be ridden indoors. So as this motorbike is just a simple clone of a bicycle, it will do whatever a bicycle will do. Should be pretty funny to see it driving around indoors, especially if using the custom sound.

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 6:18 AM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 10:33 PM
This is really cool! Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Dec 2019 at 3:31 PM
This is a watershed for the sims community. I'm sure a lot more will come from this. Excellent work <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 3:33 AM
You're the best! <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 6:56 AM
This is absolutely the coolest thing I've seen in a long while. Bella Goth never looked so bad-ass! Thank you Esmeralda oh and the skeleton riding a motor bike had me laughing (too cute)...
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 6:17 PM
I am having some trouble with this mod. I don't have the University pack and saw that this works in the base game. The only bikes I see are the ones used for the Bar Stool, not sure if it was just a mislabel saying it can work in the base game. I do have the latest version for Dec 12th 2019.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Marionette
I am having some trouble with this mod. I don't have the University pack and saw that this works in the base game. The only bikes I see are the ones used for the Bar Stool, not sure if it was just a mislabel saying it can work in the base game. I do have the latest version for Dec 12th 2019.

Hi there, sorry you're having trouble finding it! If you don't have University, it is found in Activities and Skills, then Outdoor Activities. See the attached screenie from my Base Game-only laptop, hope that will help:

Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
This is absolutely the coolest thing I've seen in a long while. Bella Goth never looked so bad-ass! Thank you Esmeralda oh and the skeleton riding a motor bike had me laughing (too cute)...

Thanks! LOL, Bella is indeed such a badass for riding in just a mini-dress and no protective gear! And yes, Mr Skels looks cute whatever he does!

Quote: Originally posted by homerettethefirst
You're the best! <3

Thanks!

More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Hi there, sorry you're having trouble finding it! If you don't have University, it is found in Activities and Skills, then Outdoor Activities. See the attached screenie from my Base Game-only laptop, hope that will help:
Thanks!

I am looking at it, but it is still not there. The text shows up when I search for "bicycle", but not the item itself. I am guessing it is some sort of mod conflict, but I didn't get an error when I used a program to check. I am slowly trying to figure out what it could be or if it is some limit for the total mods I hit. The one under the stairs is the barstool version.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 1:02 PM
I am looking at it, but it is still not there. The text shows up when I search for "bicycle", but not the item itself. I am guessing it is some sort of mod conflict, but I didn't get an error when I used a program to check. I am slowly trying to figure out what it could be or if it is some limit for the total mods I hit. The one under the stairs is the barstool version.

Oh that's strange. Maybe try a test of running your game with only this package in your Mods folder? Then at least you'll know whether it works in your vanilla game or not, without any mods to potentially conflict with. Another thing is, did you put this item in the root folder of your Mods folder, or in a subfolder? Some creations don't work if you put them in a subfolder. If you put it in a subfolder, try moving it to the main Mods folder instead. Or, as you mentioned, there may be a limit as to how many mods one can have. I don't use many myself so am not aware of what the limit is.

Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Oh that's strange. Maybe try a test of running your game with only this package in your Mods folder? Then at least you'll know whether it works in your vanilla game or not, without any mods to potentially conflict with. Another thing is, did you put this item in the root folder of your Mods folder, or in a subfolder? Some creations don't work if you put them in a subfolder. If you put it in a subfolder, try moving it to the main Mods folder instead. Or, as you mentioned, there may be a limit as to how many mods one can have. I don't use many myself so am not aware of what the limit is.

I tried removing everything except the mod and it is still the same. Maybe it could be a pack issue, what I have installed are Get to Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Kids, Romantic, Movie, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio and Luxury stuff packs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 5:33 PM
I tried removing everything except the mod and it is still the same. Maybe it could be a pack issue, what I have installed are Get to Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Kids, Romantic, Movie, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio and Luxury stuff packs.

That's baffling. I can't think how another pack would interfere with the item, because it uses code that was added in the University-level patch and so whatever packs you have installed, as long as you have your game patched to University level, it should work. But as we know, TS4 does sometimes work in mysterious ways. I've messaged a friend who has the Uni patch and several packs but not the Uni pack, and who has downloaded my bike, to ask her if it shows up OK in her game - am waiting to hear back.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 10:55 PM
Heya! Necrodog make his wheels animated, you should ask him for help with animating your motorcycles, after all he does state that he's gotten the inspiration for his vehicles from you!
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 10:21 PM
I can't find it anywhere. I've looked everywhere in my game, including outdoor activities, and still no bike
Page 1 of 2