Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 8:16 PM
Default Group ordering for correct alpha display
Right now I'm fixing some transparency issues of a hair I made. I always use MS3D since it's simple and easy to correct these issues via group ordering. The problem is that there's only UP and DOWN buttons. When I have more than 100 planes in a hair I need to press the mouse button like I'm playing some competitive shooter game and at the end of the day my fingers and wrist are sore. Is there any shortcut I'm missing that could move the plane to TOP or BOTTOM? If not someone knows any other modern 3D program that could do what MS3D does? Even 3DSMAX can't do that (as far as I know).
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 11:56 AM
Possibly this tutorial could help: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=582345

Steps 7 and 8 talk about resolving transparency issues using CAS Tools to separate the hair into layers as close to the correct order as it can, and Milkshape.to reorder them if needed. It's not exactly what you're asking but maybe it could help.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:13 AM
I didn't know your program could help me doing this. I'll check it as soon as I can. You have some very interesting programs and, it seems, a rare mind. God bless you ♥