Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Granny's Old Sheets - TS2 Beddings-as-Blouse!

SCREENSHOTS
335 Downloads 20 Thanks  Thanks 5 Favourited 846 Views
Uploaded: 20th Aug 2023 at 11:34 AM
I blame The Sound of Music for this, inspiring the notion of taking old (in this case, Sims 2) bedsheets and turning them into clothing items. For my first released clothing item, I present a nice blouse. Yes, that's right, folks! My first MTS-released new clothing mesh!

The mesh is a modified frankenmesh of two base-game meshes, as is the base texture, though I had to do a bit of remapping of my own. It comes in 35 swatches (34 beddings and a blank one for the convenience of recoloring), and while some of them are mind-bogglers (what's with the funky striped one, Maxis?), others look quite nice and I would dare even to say cute! They're all appropriately material-flagged and in some cases style-flagged (Island and Asian mostly, though a couple of Rocker ones that made me think of punk stuff). Almost all of them are flagged for random, except the danger zone striped one because why, and the blank white one. I also had a bit of trouble wrangling in-game thumbnails and I'm not sure why, simply deleting the thumbnail hasn't worked. Sorry about that one. I'm also not sure why the poly count is registering so high nor why MTS is showing it nearly a thousand higher than S4S, since I neither added nor deleted polys while frankenmeshing.

Unfortunately, on masculine frames, there's a gap in the neck, so I don't recommend that, but you'll find them in Everyday and Party > Blouse.

As always, big thanks to HugeLunatic for helping me figure out how to extract bedding textures!