Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Better Romantic Jealousy

SCREENSHOTS
7,135 Downloads 102 Thanks  Thanks 24 Favourited 16,538 Views
This download has been published by the creator but not yet checked by staff.
Uploaded: 19th Mar 2024 at 9:23 PM
This mod alters the behaviour of jealousy reactions when Sims are caught cheating, or when a Sim tries to flirt or otherwise interact romantically with a Sim who’s already in another relationship.

Simler90’s mod “Better Romance” made me take notice of the fact that Sims don’t react to cheating quite the way I thought they should. In my opinion, the most ridiculous and perplexing aspect of the default jealousy behaviour is that Sims do not take into account whether a romantic interaction is accepted or rejected. They also never take notice of the third Sim involved in a potential love triangle. So, if a Sim catches their best friend kissing their spouse, they won’t be upset with the friend in question! All the blame lies with the spouse and no grudges are held between the friends. I find that lacking and unrealistic.

This mod changes those things and allows for more interesting reactions when Sims become jealous. They will yell at, shove, or slap, one or both of the two Sims involved in cheating depending on the situation (whether the interaction was accepted or not) and their personalities. There’s relationship loss between appropriate Sims and occasional mood buffs will appear on all the involved Sims after they’ve experienced a jealousy scenario. The moods depend on the Sims’ traits. For more information on the specific manner in which jealousy is handled in the game by default as opposed to how it's handled in this mod, see "jealousy details" below.

I suggest using Simler90's Better Romance alongside this mod, so there's a greater chance of romantic interactions (especially cheating) being rejected. This mod should also work with any mods which add new romance interactions as long as those interactions use the default jealousy mechanism.

Important! Requires XML Injector by Scumbumbo