Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Project Gutenberg - Real world books for your Sims!

SCREENSHOTS
3,254 Downloads 104 Thanks  Thanks 41 Favourited 8,616 Views
Uploaded: 13th Jul 2022 at 7:51 PM
Updated: 27th Jul 2022 at 2:00 AM
July 26, 2022: v2.0 - now with 400 books!

Hi everyone! If you (and/or your Sims) like books, look no further, this is the mod for you!

What's Project Guteberg?

Project Gutenberg is named after Johannes Gutenberg, who introduced book printing with movable type in Europe. This is an online library of thousands of free eBooks in the public domain. This was one of the first digital libraries available on the Internet.

And now, your Sims can have access to some of the finest books ever written! From Plato to Michael Crichton, from William Shakespeare to Jules Verne. More than 400 books are available for your Sims. Each book comes with a quote. Prices were taken from Amazon (or invented for a few of them).

Please note: This mod is available in English and French.

Requirements

All these books are clones of base game items, meaning that you don't need any expansion or game pack. They've been modded that way, so anyone can enjoy those books in their game.

So what's in it?

The list of books is available below. Careful, this is a long list.

How to get these books in my game?

You can buy all these books from a bookshelf or bookcase. As they are copies of game objects, they will not show up in any bookshelf or library by default. You'll have to purchase them first.

How about book genres?

All the books are split into seven genres in game: Children, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Mystery, Poetry, Non Fiction. I wish I could add additional genres but I have no idea how to do that. As a result, theatre plays are under poetry and drama novels under Non Fiction. If anyone knows how to add other genres, please let me know! I'd love to be able to do that but my programming skills are very bad.

Will it impact my framerate?

The mod works really well on my (old) PC. However, if there are too many books (or if you don't want several of these books), you are free to remove them from your mod folder.

I want MOAR books!

Slowly working on that. I have a full-day job and only play TS4 once and a while, so updates might not be frequent, but I'll do my best. I will first focus on adding more Fantasy, Science Fiction, Thriller/Mystery and (gulp) Romance books.