Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 21st May 2010 at 11:31 AM
Hi everyone!May I know such interesting thing as setting custom thumbnails for accessories?:D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TAMSims
Hi everyone!May I know such interesting thing as setting custom thumbnails for accessories?:D

Here you go.
Test Subject
#178 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayx
My Bodyshop keeps crashing and I have tried reinstalling the game, removing all downloads, everything I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas? If not, then were could I download Bodyshop as I see someone else here has?? I made a really good Sim that has been asked for but can't package it to upload it. Bummer.

i want to know if you download body shop too, it worked fine on my computer with just the Sims 2 double delux but after i installed other expansions it disappeared... is there any reason for this and can i download it from somewhere else?

thanks!
Mad Poster
#179 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frannetteski
i want to know if you download body shop too, it worked fine on my computer with just the Sims 2 double delux but after i installed other expansions it disappeared... is there any reason for this and can i download it from somewhere else?

thanks!

I don't know why the original would disappear. But each expansion comes with a new version of Body Shop, so you can use the one that came with your most recent expansion pack.
Test Subject
#180 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayx
My Bodyshop keeps crashing and I have tried reinstalling the game, removing all downloads, everything I can think of. Does anyone have any ideas? If not, then were could I download Bodyshop as I see someone else here has?? I made a really good Sim that has been asked for but can't package it to upload it. Bummer.

That happened with me until I got a new expansion pack... It's nothing to do with cc, I never heard of custom content then...
Test Subject
#181 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 2:48 PM Last edited by The Madd Hatter : 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:03 PM.
HP, Where can I get the down-loadable version of body shop? I'm looking into trying to create something and my body shop won't open. Also I have a relatively new computer, so do you think it could support the downloaded version along with 7 eps? (all except FT)

Thank You!
Test Subject
#182 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 8:46 AM
I REALLY need help finding a good website that displays good fabrics or like, textures to put in bodyshop. Most of my sim "Recolors" are all 1 single color from paint xD Thanks.
Site Helper
#183 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 4th Dec 2011 at 9:13 PM.
jajaja1, please don't post the same question in multiple threads. There's an answer in your other thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=462692
Instructor
#184 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:36 PM
this is what I know:
ALT + Enter
Will toggle The Sims 2 Body Shop between windowed mode (default) and full-screen mode.

F3
Toggle between normal camera and free camera.
When you are in free camera mode, you can do the following:
- Click and drag the Left Mouse Button -- Orbits the camera around the Sim’s head.
- Click and drag the Right Mouse Button -- Controls the camera zoom. Move the mouse away from you to zoom out. Move the mouse toward you to zoom in.
- Click and drag Left and Right mouse buttons together -- Changes the center point the camera is looking at.

F5
Changes the background to a solid black color. If there is a bitmap graphic named “userBkg.bmp” in the “\EA Games\The Sims 2\” folder in My Documents, the image will be displayed as a backdrop.

F6
Changes the sim pose. The sim will have the arms held straight out.To return the sim to the normal pose, click on any sim thumbnail or content thumbnail.

F7
Zoom out in the normal camera mode.

F8
Zoom in in the normal camera mode.

F9
Toggles the UI off and on.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#185 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:13 AM
My body shop crashes when I try to import anything. It works for other things but not importing. I have NO idea why.

Quote: Originally posted by LillianAllen
this is what I know:
ALT + Enter
Will toggle The Sims 2 Body Shop between windowed mode (default) and full-screen mode.

F3
Toggle between normal camera and free camera.
When you are in free camera mode, you can do the following:
- Click and drag the Left Mouse Button -- Orbits the camera around the Sim’s head.
- Click and drag the Right Mouse Button -- Controls the camera zoom. Move the mouse away from you to zoom out. Move the mouse toward you to zoom in.
- Click and drag Left and Right mouse buttons together -- Changes the center point the camera is looking at.

F5
Changes the background to a solid black color. If there is a bitmap graphic named “userBkg.bmp” in the “\EA Games\The Sims 2\” folder in My Documents, the image will be displayed as a backdrop.

F6
Changes the sim pose. The sim will have the arms held straight out.To return the sim to the normal pose, click on any sim thumbnail or content thumbnail.

F7
Zoom out in the normal camera mode.

F8
Zoom in in the normal camera mode.

F9
Toggles the UI off and on.
Site Helper
#186 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 4:40 PM
namaste203, I think that you'll have a lot more luck getting help if you post in the Sims 2 Help forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Your question has nothing to do with this tutorial, but is just a problem with your game.
Test Subject
#187 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 3:12 PM
Sorry if I'm in the wrong place but this is the closest place I can find for my problem (it's been awhile since I've been on MTS and the changes they made is a bunch of crap!)...My body shop seems to be working fine but the sims I make will not show up in the game. Except for one that I redid. Others I redid will not show up as well (I just changed the clothing). I am using Windows 7 with a Radeon HD 7450 video card.

I did go to the CAS in the game and see some of the older sims I created but not anything newer than, let's say, 8 months. I've done this before without any problems but it seems since EA made their changes onsite it seems a lot of stuff craps out. When I start the game I get a small screen stating it can't run a script and asks if I would like to continue. I click YES and then the game will start up. It seems everything else in the game is working correctly. Just can't get the newer sims I created.

Any ideas out there?
Site Helper
#188 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 5:47 PM
tanina, you're much more likely to get help with your game in the Sims 2 Help forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Test Subject
#189 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 8:06 PM
Thanks for the redirect. This new site is difficult to manuever.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#190 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 8:26 PM
If you have any suggestions on how we could organise the menus to be more intuitive, please let us know.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#191 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 5:00 AM
I'll get back to you later, Nysha. I just had problems finding a way to post a thread asking for help. I did most of my searching through google which led to results to your pages. But if I went onto your site through old links I had I couldn't find any help. The troubleshooting page was useless. I'll have to find the page so I can post the link later so you can see what I was seeing. And search results ended up with either things that had nothing to do with my problem or with no results. I kind of like the way things were back, let's say, a couple of years ago.
Forum Resident
#192 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 9:54 PM
For some reason my version won't let me zoom in or use any other of the hot keys. I'm using a laptop, so all they do is peform their function when I press them (turn off the mousepad, adjust brightness, etc.)
The right mouse button doesn't help either. The only one that works is ALT+Enter. Does anyone know how I can get it to zoom in? It's really hard to work when I can't get a close-up look at my sims' faces...
Mad Poster
#193 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
For some reason my version won't let me zoom in or use any other of the hot keys. I'm using a laptop, so all they do is peform their function when I press them (turn off the mousepad, adjust brightness, etc.)
The right mouse button doesn't help either. The only one that works is ALT+Enter. Does anyone know how I can get it to zoom in? It's really hard to work when I can't get a close-up look at my sims' faces...

That's odd.

I use a laptop for Simming as well, and I don't have any problems with the F keys in Body Shop. In fact, if I want them to do an actual function, I have to press the "function" key and hold it while pressing the F keys. If I just hit F8 by itself in Body Shop, it zooms me in.

Have you tried using the "function" key in conjunction with F8? Maybe your computer likes to be opposite and contrary.
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:40 PM
How do you reset the thumbnail of the clothes? I made one and at first, it was showing that mesh wasn't linked and now that I linked a mesh, I can see the mesh but the thumbnail stayed the same.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#195 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:58 PM
Ctrl-right click on the affected thumbnail.
Test Subject
#196 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:32 AM Last edited by Treehawk : 19th Jul 2018 at 2:35 PM. Reason: solved
How can I make the model sim wear underwear when recoloring accessories? The cape I'm trying to recolor clips with the shirt she's wearing so I can't see my entire recolor. :/

Edit: Apparently just clicking over and over will eventually get you to the underwear. Seems like there must be a better way but this one ended up working fine.
Page 8 of 8