Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:22 PM Last edited by sugartoo : 17th Mar 2014 at 6:07 AM.
Mount Olympus Has Fallen Challenge
Really Epic and Sorta Weird Backstory
There was chaos, and then 5 rulers were born from space. Tartarus (boy), Gaia (girl), Eros (boy), Nyx (girl), and Erybus (boy). Then, Gaia, the Earth sister married her son, Uranus, and had 9 titans, 3 monsters, and 1 god. Cronus and Rhea, two titans, born from Gaia and Uranus, got married! They had 6 children, Hestia, Hades, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, and Zeus. Cronus ate 5 of the children but Rhea saved Zeus and taught him basic skills. Now, Zeus wanted to overthrow his dad. He had charm so it was pretty easy to convince others to join his army. He went into the underworld, and met a Cyclops and made a deal. If Zeus freed him, he would grant him the control over the sky. Zeus gave a potion to his dad to free his brothers and sisters AND the rock wrapped in cloth Rhea gave Cronus instead of giving up Zeus. He gained power over everything and continued his journey...

Characters!
Even though Rhea had 6 children, you will only be playing 5 of them which are:
Hades
Hera
Poseidon
Demeter
Zeus
First you'll make Hades, he is:
Mean Spirited
Evil
Grumpy
Loner
Keptlomaniac
He should be wearing darkish clothes, but be CReAtiVe!!!
He has a good side sometimes though...
Next is Hera, she is:
Nurturing (if not, choose any other trait)
Ambitious
Perfectionist
Family Oriented
Flirty
She is the goddess of love and marriage, so I kinda see her wearing white and red pretty clothes!
She threw her son of a mountain because he was ugly...
Then, make Poseidon, he is:
Flirty
Evil
Mooch
Friendly
Loves to Swim (if not, choose any other trait)
He's the god of the seas, so that explains a lot...
He likes killing people for fun...
Now, you'll make Demeter, she is:
Family Oriented
Shy
Friendly
Green Thumb
Loves the Outdoors
She is the goddess of growing and harvest, so I see her wearing a pretty, neutral dress.
Demeter is awesome...
Finally, Zeus...
Good Sense of Humor
Genius
Flirty
Charasmatic
Irresistable (if not, choose any other trait)
We all know who Zeus is, so...
He's a good, strong ruler but, a bit of a cheater...
Please donut be overwhelmed if this is long for you

House
Make the house as epic as you can! No seriously though, go crazy
Also, you should only have the grocery store and 2 other houses with 1 family living inside each of them...

Gameyplay!
After you build your fantabulous house, (excuse me, your "super epic mansion") it's time for playing!

Mount Olympus has fallen, so Zeus and his siblings go and find another capital for them, but they have needs that needd to be fulfilled...
Zeus is a cheater, (as we all know) but in this way 1, he will NOT be marrying Hera. Zeus wants to continue the chain of gods/goddesses to care for Olympus. You may create a world from scratch or start in a pre made world. Living with his 5 siblings, they all have resonsibilities. DO NOT let any of them fail a responsibility. Lifespan is whatever you like
Responsibilities:
Hades -
Hades is a mean guy, so he would live underground in a basement. He doesn't really help the team. In fact, he wants the control Zeus has over everyone, so he always tries to find a way to mess them up... But it's not his fault he's like that...
Hera -
Hera is the goddess of love and marriage, right? She is also very caring too. She will care and teach the children that Zeus has. She has to -
Baby - keep happy!
Toddler - teach the three basic skills and also get them to three levels on any two objects
Child - get to level 5 in cooking, level 5 in art, a 50% relationship with all the gods/goddesses
Teen - master cooking, art, and music, reach level 5 in charisma
Poseidon -
He's in charge on fishing and fixing water damage. He also can go on dates if hr really wants to.
Demeter -
- She gardens and cooks! Gimme a "YAY"
Zeus -
He needs to continue the rein of gods and goddesses on Mount Olympus so he needs to have children with other people to continue the legacy. He may NOT marry anyone either, though...
Generation II
After you have about two children in adulthood, make one kill Zeus to gain power (you can kill any other existing siblings of Zeus too)!
Now, one sibling needs to build up the city while the other marries and has children to populate the city.
To determine how many motherlodes you get for this generation, roll a die...
1 = 1 motherlode
2 = 2 motherlodes
3 = 3 motherlodes
4 = 2 motherlodes
5 = 5 motherlodes
6 = 1 motherlode
You will use this money to build up the city and fulfill needs...
Generation III
This gen starts when you have three kids at adult and 3 community buildings.
Use the motherlode dice method above to determine the amount of motherlodes you may have for this gen.
Keep going!

Extras, Extras!
I will probably add on to this challenge in the future!
Questions? Ask!
Ideas or new rules? Tell me!
Screenshots? Love!
Need new challenge? Check out "Locked Up for Nothing" listed under asylum!
You know, I really like turtles...
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:30 PM
Screenshots should be coming soon!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:49 PM
Ha, if that were the real Hera I'd never trust her with Zeus' kids. She'd straight-up murder them.

Question: Are Zeus' children with townies (if I understand correctly, there's only one other family in town)? If they are, do you just move them in using Edit Town for Hera to raise? When you say the teens master music, does that mean one instrument or all instruments?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:59 PM
Hades is NOT mean. In fact, he's almost the nicest of the Olympians (Hestia wins out because nobody cares about her enough to make her a jerk. Poor Hestia). The only reason we see him like that in modern retellings is that he gets hijacked by the idea that underworld = Satan.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Hades is NOT mean. In fact, he's almost the nicest of the Olympians (Hestia wins out because nobody cares about her enough to make her a jerk. Poor Hestia). The only reason we see him like that in modern retellings is that he gets hijacked by the idea that underworld = Satan.

The Disney movie certainly didn't help. I always felt bad for him–everyone hates him on Olympus just because he had the misfortune to draw the underworld. The kidnapping thing wasn't cool, but Zeus and the other Olympians (except Hestia) have all done horrible things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
Ha, if that were the real Hera I'd never trust her with Zeus' kids. She'd straight-up murder them.

Question: Are Zeus' children with townies (if I understand correctly, there's only one other family in town)? If they are, do you just move them in using Edit Town for Hera to raise? When you say the teens master music, does that mean one instrument or all instruments?

Great question! I meant to say there are 2 families in one world and you try to create households with your kids! And teens only need to master one instrument I'd love if you'd send screenshots!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:15 PM

I know he's not mean, just people wouldnt understand if I made hades good, and friendly. But he did kidnap Persephone and he enjoys locking people in the underworld... But I'm not saying youre wrong. I appreciate your opinion
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
The Disney movie certainly didn't help. I always felt bad for him–everyone hates him on Olympus just because he had the misfortune to draw the underworld. The kidnapping thing wasn't cool, but Zeus and the other Olympians (except Hestia) have all done horrible things.

I'm sorry but other people just wouldn't understand if I made him friendly and good
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugartoo
I know he's not mean, just people wouldnt understand if I made hades good, and friendly. But he did kidnap Persephone and he enjoys locking people in the underworld... But I'm not saying youre wrong. I appreciate your opinion

Most of the people who'd be interested in this sort of challenge like the mythology. They would probably understand.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:23 PM

I made captions under the gods if that makes you happy