Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 10:12 PM
Default Shadows appearing on roofs
Hey everyone! I noticed some weird shadows on my roofs. I had just finished a lot with a roof a bit below the default angle and had no issues. Then I started a new one and shadows popped up whenever I tried to lower the roof angle.

Here's a video of what it looks like:
https://youtu.be/mjZ7yvEJ91k

I saved that first lot to the library and when I placed it on the world, the shadows were there as well. I'm attaching a picture of the newly placed lot and the original one side-by-side:

These shadows are now on every lot I build or place. I deleted the folder The Sims 3 under Documents>Electronic Arts but the issue persisted on a clean save. My built-in GPU is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 but the game is set to run on an NVIDIA GeForce 940MX.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 3:10 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 21st Jan 2024 at 7:11 PM.
Are those CC roofs? If so, what happens when you place non-CC roofs? Do you have the same issue?

ETA: Have you updated your GPU lately, or have you recently updated?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
Are those CC roofs? If so, what happens when you place non-CC roofs? Do you have the same issue?

They are, same thing happens when I use non-cc
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 4:51 PM
But did you update or have a recent update to your GPU? Perhaps it needs an update, or it needs to be rolled back in case it was recently updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 3:37 AM Last edited by zumzumbaba : 23rd Jan 2024 at 6:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
But did you update or have a recent update to your GPU? Perhaps it needs an update, or it needs to be rolled back in case it was recently updated.

Oh hadn't thought of that. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and things went back to normal but if it happens again I think I'll try rolling back the last update. Thank you!

Edit: just noticed it's still there lol I hadn't seen it because I placed the lot on a different angle so the lighting was not the same. Off to GPU updates I go