Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 8:37 PM
Default New Simulation Games In Development - General Discussion - Your Thoughts?
This is a place to chat about and compare all/any new games being developed with each other and to give current thoughts about which do and do not have appeal to you and why? This way we can try to limit comments in the actual thread for each game to pretty much just what is going on in that game? And it might save from some duplication and keep the other threads cleaner?

I will start that so far I will watch Life By You but am not a fan of the no speaking, some of the graphics, and so on. I will watch Vivaland as so far like what I see but would be interested probably only if there is a single player also? Zoi, whatever it is called, is so realistic it is almost creepy, but I like that in many ways, and want so see more as that develops. Paralives is a total no go for me as I will not play those Para as dislike them so much, and do not need it as just a building game.

Renee probaby will be too juvenile for me, but I am sure many will want it.

I am gong to be very selective and maybe try/purchase only a few of these if any. I am still very pleased with Sims 3, so before I plunk my simoleans on anything I will be very picky. As said we can try as many or as few as wanted.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 9:25 PM
"Renee"? Do you mean Project Rene? If so:

I am sure that good people from EA read my post in TS5 thread, smiled crookedly and whispered "Gotcha!" Yes, the game will be free but ... do you want a beard for your Sim? Pay. Do you want a bearded lady? No problem, just pay double.

As for the others: gameplay will decide. I won't buy any of them until I am sure they are as good as TS2 and TS3 combined - TS2 for most of its gameplay and TS3 for open world and CAS. And, of course, that it is open to modding, because it was modders who made the old games really great.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
"Renee"? Do you mean Project Rene?

My intent in starting this was really to chat about the other games as there is a specific thread for that already. Some comparisons of these games to Renee would be good, but generally I thought this would be good to chat about the other games in the pipeline.

And I see you have a thread about more games. So we have many choices coming, which is good.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2023 at 8:59 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 6th Dec 2023 at 9:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Vivaland *seems* like what TS4 should have been, a multiplayer Sims game. Feels rather fishy: a lot of ideas were taken from TS4, some others from Paralives. Also, I found a roadmap which mentions a "playable demo to be completed by the end of 2022" (sic!); it seems that it appeared and disappeared. Now they are promising a build mode demo; you can wishlist it on Steam. Do it and see what happens; my guess is nothing. Possibly another scam.

Vivaland I too felt sketchy itch as it felt new and fake-vibes going, as unlike other two-three competitors, somewhat no new information cross my way passively what it entails more with details. And because lack of much hype and buzz surrounding it from reception point, I too shifted my focus from it away and didnt took it seriously.

Paralives: like it, but I want to know more about gameplay.

Life by you: mechanics are fun and enticing, the customizing part what hooks me (can you imagine modding and making your own mods in a sims game? If animation could be created easily and the game includes many elements, you could potentially be a blast experience shifting your game to your liking by making new mechanics and what not! Say last airbender and fantasy power-based universe). Downside being how, in comparison to The Sims 3D games, animations of characters and artstyle need heavily tuning for a dollhouse game (I mean sure, games such as minecraft is cool without ULTRA 1030p graphics, but I be lying if I said I wouldn’t making screenshots and wish to be immerse with families/households I play from time. Playing with just mechanics eith poor looking carton characters with roblox SFX might end up being awkward/cringy if you suspend your disbief,
- InZoi (or whatever its called): now, this could be polar opposite of Paralives, and slightly with LBY: Graphics are there, animation…. Actually scratch what I said. It does seem subpar with Paralives in terms of attention to detail, opposite to LBU in terms of artstyle/graphics, but regardibg gameplay - there’s so little I can say based on what I know. I can conclude that if inZoi gets to have at least the live mode gameplay that of TS3, if not better, then it may as well take off the trophy of being the best game and deal some damage (still would need something akin CAS and House Building of the latest EA’s LifeSim iteration to kill it of the fresh water). If Zoi gets many attention to detail to how characters act with idle animation, I would put it first before paralives. As for it with LBU comparison, I doubt it will try to recreate cistomizability aspect like hows everything tweakable/configurae/customizable from what we are offered from Paradox team. Though, if both get released and have decent elements of gameplay, I’m certaintly positive it will sell more copies (though, while I express some positive here, I also doubt the legimitate of this game, because from trailer it looks good to be true)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2023 at 12:03 AM Last edited by daisylee : 7th Dec 2023 at 2:42 AM.
I think the problem for me and probably many of us is that there are things I like and dislike in each, and of course want what I like to all be in one game. And that is not going to happen. And right now am very upset as my 3 is about unplayable now due to some Windows or driver or something update. Not happy. So as of now really can just play 4.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 9:09 PM
(Necroing, but new life Sim is out so not to create every thread, I'll neat add here)

Not sure what is with 2020, but I think we will be seeing a new renaissance of the Life Simulation genre trending. I present AlterLife

Quote: Originally posted by Steam's Description
Create your avatar from scratch, matching every element of its appearance and personality, and then start your new life in AlterLife. Choose from hundreds of different hairstyles, shapes of nose, mouth, eyes and other physical features. The most comprehensive character editor on the market will even let you recreate yourself and your friends in a virtual environment. Then use the money you've given on start, to buy an apartment or a house in the suburbs and lead your life the way you've always dreamed of it!

ETA: Although from the comments, seem like the developers left the fanbase in the dark to speculate, whether they drop the ball or just very preoccopy to give us an update. I certaintly think its the formal

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I present AlterLife

Looks really fun, I like it!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 8:14 AM
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 8:18 PM
I don't blame and can't critique this creator for things he doesn't know (since it's locked behind a paywall and all), but besides basic features resembling the Sims, pretty much all of Paralives gameplay systems are completely unique. Needs, jobs/careers, personality, conversations and social life? It is more similar to Life by You and Inzoi than it is the Sims to put it simply. People shouldn't view Paralives as simply an indie version of the Sims. These devs are just as ambitious as the other new life sims.

That said, I dunno how the general life sim community will react, but each game has their fans. After all, despite LBY and Inzoi potentially releasing first, Paralives is still the game I'm most interested in and the other two don't come close for me right now. I think there will always a place for Paralives after Life by You and Inzoi because none of them are really tackling the life genre in the same way. Each game is their own flavor of life sim, which is exactly what this genre needed. We shouldn't root for just one of them to come out on top because that's how you end up with a franchise like The Sims. Large expensive and all encompassing game with little to no passion left.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
Each game is their own flavor of life sim, which is exactly what this genre needed.

It is good that there are several new games coming, and there is no reason anyone has to pick one over the other, as we can try and play as many was wanted.