Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2023 at 10:32 AM
Default Face Template the same across ages and genders?
Hi, I've been trying to find more androgynous versions of the original 26 (not counting elf and alien) face templates, so that male and female look almost, if not exactly the same. I couldn't find one i liked, though a few were close!

But I would also like for the teens and children to look more like the adult faces.

I could go through every age for each face and tweak them bit by bit, but what i would like to do is start with one face (likely base 2 face) and from there, make the faces look older/younger/more feminine/masculine myself from that face.

i wanted to see what happened if i just put the adult face on the teen using the extracted data in SimPE but the face ended up floating above the head!

so my main question is, is there a way to put the adult face on the other age groups and have it be in the right position? would i have to edit something in simPE, or is this something Id have to do to the actual mesh? i have blender, and i know how to shape meshes, but i have no idea about normals and UVs and all the stuff Id need to worry about once it comes to exporting the edited mesh.

How to i make sure the face i export will fit a teen or an adult? what settings do i need to look out for, how do i tell it the correct position to show up at?

sorry, i know that's a lot of information im asking for! thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Sep 2023 at 12:49 PM
Yeah so swapping the face meshes as is doesn't work. They aren't the right shape or height. You can replace the base mesh for one age with the one you want and age down a face to use for a template but it's always going to look a bit different due to how the skeletons work etc. I made infant faces via this method I've got a mini tutorial in the post from them. You'll have to extract the base templates gmdc, gmnd, shpe and cres of the age you have in SimPE and replace them with the age you want. This will auto age down the face for you via the skeleton. Don't change the name or instance or it won't work and for the love of god don't run the actual game with them in and breed or age up a sim lol. https://modthesims.info/d/676276/ma...-templates.html As for editing the meshes in blendr, just edit as usual but don't remove or add any vertices. Don't touch around the neck or edges of face. Watch out for teeth and eyes too. Then export and replace the original mesh.