Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#2376 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 5:41 PM
OI need to stop starting new projects and actually finish the ones im working on ATM!
Especially my series of Gilded Age inspired townhouses!

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Theorist
#2377 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
OI need to stop starting new projects and actually finish the ones im working on ATM!
Especially my series of Gilded Age inspired townhouses!

I think your case is very special so you don't need.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#2378 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 12:58 AM
Putting the finishing touches on this townhouse!
what ya think?

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2379 Old 30th Mar 2023 at 6:16 PM
Putting the finishing touches on this townhouse!
what ya think?

I think that's nice

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#2380 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 7:34 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 1st Apr 2023 at 7:45 AM.
My last post for share is here.

I found similar house plan to this. Was interested why do English call narrow space near the stairs hall. In my country we rather call it hallway or corridor. And all the stairs is more looking like staircase with landings. Even it's wide enough I think floor pieces at the stairs on each floor are not halls too. These are landings.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2381 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Was interested why do English call narrow space near the stairs hall.

It makes us feel posh.
Theorist
#2382 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It makes us feel posh.

Hmmmm ^__^ I see

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2383 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 3:22 PM
Hmmmm ^__^ I see

I was joking (a bit) but really:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/di...ry/english/hall
Theorist
#2384 Old 1st Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I was joking (a bit) but really:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/di...ry/english/hall

OMG you call dorms halls. Now I see Cambridge dictionary is joking with me too.
Everybody is joking today with me. Even dictionary. Happy April Fool's Day everyone.

Theorist
#2385 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 9:37 AM
Guys do you still dislike the Sims 4?
I can say Sims 4 Growing Together went not bad.

I am really interested why there are so few of new TS4 houses here and TSR? I can guess that most of them do not pass moderation phase. As (not very active but still) TS4 player I can say that despite all build mode tools and filters the quality of the houses in the gallery is low. Plumbobkingdom who shared here his houses one day switched to Curseforge and he left MTS. I can't relate what's going on in TS4 community. Feels like TS4 players are tired already by old sharing platforms like TSR and MTS.

Forum Resident
#2386 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 11:58 PM
I for one havent broken down to buy and download TS4 yet! I might here in a couple months tho

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2387 Old 14th Apr 2023 at 6:42 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 14th Apr 2023 at 4:07 PM. Reason: Additionly
I for one havent broken down to buy and download TS4 yet! I might here in a couple months tho

Oh. Good. Goon try it.
I think you will like their share system. You can share your house directly from the game, full lot or just one room.

I'd suggest you to take a bundle of EP/SP/GP with discount:
In my opinion Seasons-LaundryDay-NiftyKnitting is the best
But if you prefer to continue your Gilded Age project in Sims 4. I think you could get next bundle:

Discover university - because its houses and build items are most close to those age style. Britchester looks very fitting IMHO (while other districts are off). Also you could turn student penthhouses into luxury apartments.

Vampires has some victorian style cas items. You could get it to have sims of Gilded Age clothing. If you are not into supernatural or vampires, then... hmmm... Wedding Stories? It also has some nice objects could look like from Gilded Age but game pack itself is completely broken. Vampires with vampires turned off is even better.

And the last is Luxury Party to reach something alike The Great Gatsby.

Forum Resident
#2388 Old 6th May 2023 at 3:33 PM
Started a new house yesterday! Yes its a one storey home!
https://www.eplans.com/plan/3577-sq...uct_feed_eplans

I tweaked it just a little bit but the basic plan is still there!

C.T.HOLKO88
Instructor
#2389 Old 21st May 2023 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
I've actually been playing the Sims 4 some. I grabbed it when it first came out, and I've picked up a few expansions recently. I enjoy playing the Sims 4, but I still can't stand building there. I just can never do what I want or can do in 3 (2 as well really.)

So back in 3, I made an ugly mid-century, cheapo apartment building. I've been really big on liminal spaces as an aesthetic for about the past year and big on kinda ugly utilitarian architecture. Anywho, got to use the great fence expansion by @CircusWolf .

Really unlocked the nostalgia for me, these were EVERYWHERE in coastal cities when I was growing up. They were tired in the 90s, but I still loved the feeling of being on vacation they represented. They're all gone now!

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Scholar
#2390 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 10:44 PM
Guys do you still dislike the Sims 4?

I must admit I don’t dislike Sims 4, but I haven’t actually played it before either. I still haven’t mastered building in Sims 3 yet or even tried all of the EP’s yet, so once I’ve done that then I’ll give 4 a go.
Theorist
#2391 Old 22nd Jun 2023 at 5:35 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 23rd Jun 2023 at 4:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
I must admit I don’t dislike Sims 4, but I haven’t actually played it before either. I still haven’t mastered building in Sims 3 yet or even tried all of the EP’s yet, so once I’ve done that then I’ll give 4 a go.

Sims 4 is full of controversy alike its players.
I feel like controversy is a new black. Mostly regarding to gen Z

Started a new house yesterday! Yes its a one storey home!
https://www.eplans.com/plan/3577-sq...uct_feed_eplans

I tweaked it just a little bit but the basic plan is still there!

I can not see reference source. Amazon Cloudfront destribution is banned in my country.

But cloudflare works so I am on modthesims

Forum Resident
#2392 Old 3rd Aug 2023 at 1:29 AM
what's up everyone!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2393 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 9:31 PM
Well, you guys haven't been overly busy during the past year, have you?

Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
ScaryRob can you show me photos please of your victorian octagonal house? I got curious

I don't have my game running right now, but sure, I'll post some pics in the next few days. I haven't worked on it in about six months and it turned out huge. The furnishing is pretty much done, but the landscaping is daunting, especially since I don't like to do it and am not particularly good at it. But, yeah, I'll post some pics shortly.
A smaller version, which should be more playable, is in a less advanced stage also.

I also made kind of an Edwardian style house that's pretty much done, except for some landscaping. It's one of those older all-brick mansions that one often sees in older, but better neighborhoods, or sometimes even in run-down 'hoods. I think it turned out nice. I'll post pics of this too.
Theorist
#2394 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 9:36 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 23rd Aug 2023 at 2:58 AM.
Here are some pics of the octagonal mansion I started about a year ago. It is still a work in progress. It is easily the largest house I've ever designed - four floors, plus basement. It is HUGE - possibly even non-playably huge. I think the Lot is 40x40. I do have a smaller version in the works.
The design of the house is complete, including the interior layout and most of the furnishings. What's left are the remaining furnishings and all landscaping. And then testing, of course.
I did use several sets of CC build objects, including the large mansard roof set, by feenwald, which has the diagonals. I figure anyone interested in this house would probably already have that set. There's also one custom window set and I believe one custom door set. There are probably some other additional build CC objects, I forget.

I imagine this to basically be an old building, possibly dating back several centuries, that has been modernized over the years. The external wall covering is "Brick Rolled", to give a weathered look. Note that all windows are symmetrical, which made it considerably harder to lay out the interior rooms. There are three connected outbuildings, which I imagine to be former horse stables, but which now are two garages and a work shop. The cobblestone driveway is three additional parking spaces.
I'm not planning on dedicating the playable basement to anything other than storage, but players will be able to use it as needed for whatever. The basement is accessible from interior stairs.

The pool, like the house, is octagonal. I'm not sure what to do with the large grassy area - probably a pond with a walking path around it, with trees, shrubs, and flowers.

This interior pic shows the large living room with high ceiling. The second floor game room with pool table overlooks the living room. To the right on the second floor is a room dedicated solely to pets, and at the top is the TV/Theater room. So the second floor is basically the entertainment level. This house has separate rooms dedicated to various Sims activities.
In addition to the large living room, the first floor also has a large kitchen, formal dining room, formal office, and entry/foyer/hallway. The upper two floors have five full-sized bedrooms, a nursery, a library, and probably a gym. Nine bathrooms of various sizes are scattered throughout the house. All interior wall coverings are "Claydobe" in Tan, again, for an old-ish look.
Theorist
#2395 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 9:51 PM
Here's another large house I was working on late last year. It's just an all-brick house that sits on a custom corner Lot. I still need to finish furnishing and landscaping.
It has four bedrooms, including one in the large, playable attic (really more like a third floor), four fireplaces, parlor, dining room, spare room, two tower rooms, large attic activity room, four bathrooms scattered throughout, driveway, garage with workspace, outbuilding to use as needed, and swimming pool. I know I used a CC door set, but I don't remember what else.

Neighborhood view.

Mad Poster
#2396 Old 18th Aug 2023 at 1:23 PM
Good to see you again @ScaryRob

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2397 Old 22nd Aug 2023 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Good to see you again @ScaryRob

Agreed! Gosh Do i miss the 2 story windows from the Sims 2

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2398 Old 25th Aug 2023 at 4:42 PM
I see myself degrading regarding the Sims game creativity. And I feel that my houses are not good. This is kinda "okay fine" situation and the next step will be to share the whole neighbourhood. Though I still have no intention to share it populated.

I like Justpetro's Paternoster they sent me video of real life reference town. It is just awesome.

Lab Assistant
#2399 Old 26th Aug 2023 at 4:53 AM
Oh my god! I love your two houses ScaryRob! Specially the octagonal house! Still I think the octagonal house needs a bit of landscaping, I can picture a few cypresses and a bit of groundcover or small plants, bushes, etc... plus some terrain paint like dirt, ground, etc... Apart from that I love the small variations in the exterior of the house but I think the two story windows looks a bit out of place? They must look well from inside specially with that nice living room but they don't look very well in the facade, I think?

Apart from that, Victor, your houses are quite nice! But if you feel stuck, maybe try to do something out of the mold? Or maybe try new things and be bold in taking risks and not conventional answers?
Theorist
#2400 Old 26th Aug 2023 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
Oh my god! I love your two houses ScaryRob! Specially the octagonal house! Still I think the octagonal house needs a bit of landscaping, I can picture a few cypresses and a bit of groundcover or small plants, bushes, etc... plus some terrain paint like dirt, ground, etc...

Grrr...people don't read text anymore...
As I wrote in my description, I have not done much landscaping on that Lot. It's nowhere near finished and is still gonna be a while, as I think I'll finish the other one first since it is much closer to being finished. I'll post here again when either is done.

Quote:
Apart from that I love the small variations in the exterior of the house but I think the two story windows looks a bit out of place? They must look well from inside specially with that nice living room but they don't look very well in the facade, I think?

You don't like the big window? That's the main attraction. You gotta have a two-story window with a huge living room that has a high, two-story ceiling. It's bad enough that I rarely get to use those windows.

Page 96 of 98