Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 4:19 PM
Default Help with a mod
Hello, I don't know if i'm on the right section of the forum.

So basically I made a cemetery business, that use a ticket machine for money. My cemetery is quite big and have a lot of plant and sprinkler that need maintenance and since normal employee can't do it, I was looking for a mod that make gardening / repairman employee possible.
I only found this https://modthesims.info/d/286864/al...nny-090429.html . and it work but the problem is that the npc keep trying to sell to the customer instead of gardening / repair and there are no option to make them stop selling.

I try using SimPE to remove the code that tell them to sell but not being an expert it only made the mod not work at all.

Can someone help me by telling me how to remove the code that tell them to sell or maybe recommending me an other mod that can provide the service I need ?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 7:58 PM
You could expand the existing "Tidy Up" work role to also do functional trees for gardening and repair in whatever order you please, like the buttler does. I think that once an employee or family member is given this role, he can't also be in "Sales" unless switched out of it. Someone said that the work roles are stored in some other data, so it might not be so simple to create additional roles.

The Tidy Up does a CT from the Maid so mods that improve the intelligence of the maid also apply here, and there is no need to copy the gardening logic into employees, or write from scratch. I'm working on a more efficient gardener's mod now. There is a CT (since OFB) called "CT - EP3 - Do NPC Job" to do the core job of those NPC, including those not featured in OFB already.