Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 11:33 PM
Default Hair texture making sim skin lighter on the face
Oh no it's me again, with the same hair, but different issue :p

While I managed to solve the hair clips issue, I ended up noticing that my hair is making the skin on the face to be lighter than it was, and as you can see it's *very* noticeable on black sims
Since again I don't have much idea of what's causing it (because my mesh is properly mapped), here I am.

I'm using the latest TSRW version and also tried version 2.0.86.0 since the latest is known to be buggy (and yet I still use it because I'm stubborn)

I'm thinking that what's causing it is the absence of face texture? Since I won't need it for this hair, I just pressed the "Make Empty" to well, make it empty Is it that or what else?

(btw, all this journey of making my own meshes is really telling me that "porting" it for sims 3 is the most difficult part than the actual meshing oof)
Screenshots

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 5:03 PM
I'm not familiar with this. Perhaps @CardinalSims knows about it? It could be caused by other CC... almost anything can be caused by other CC! If you upload the hair, I can look at it, but no promises.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I'm not familiar with this. Perhaps @CardinalSims knows about it? It could be caused by other CC... almost anything can be caused by other CC! If you upload the hair, I can look at it, but no promises.

With some insight from people on tumblr I was able to figure it out, and then I changed the hair donor to the long one with the wrap (that didn't had any face texture by default) and seemed to solve my problem.

Now I just need to fight some equivalent for child and toddler...
Screenshots

My simblr
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bellakenobi
With some insight from people on tumblr I was able to figure it out, and then I changed the hair donor to the long one with the wrap (that didn't had any face texture by default) and seemed to solve my problem.

Now I just need to fight some equivalent for child and toddler...

Curious, which hair did you use as donor that caused the problem?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Curious, which hair did you use as donor that caused the problem?

The mid pigtails.

My simblr
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 1:33 AM
Likely a misplaced texture (either from Make Empty, or part of the hair referring to an EA key that becomes inappropriate to use with the new mesh).

I think this is something using an S3OC clone can help with (you can then open it in TSRW from New Import), just to make sure everything is unique and included in your package for easier finding and replacing when it becomes mismatched. But the original clone was probably fine, just got a bit mixed up somewhere along the line.

I have a link to some blanks you can use for removing scalp and face textures safely: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dz...?usp=drive_link
Import the black one (blankSpecular) for removing control and specular, and the red one (EmptyOverlay, which is actually invisible because it has a blank alpha) for diffuse. EA's blank spec is grey for some reason, so it's often the culprit of the vaseline shine.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bellakenobi
The mid pigtails.

Most likely from making some things blank. Those pigtails are base for probably 90% of CC hair.

Similar to @CardinalSims, I have several 32 x 32 images that I use... blank, 1 channel color mask, specular and normals map. I keep them in a folder in my templates folder, and just copy them to wherever needed.