Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 6:33 AM
Default Unnamed nails are not tied.
Hello. There is no way I can solve this binding problem.
I found the answer in this link:
(https://modthesims.info/showthread....ighlight=finger)
However, I get nothing.
In the milkshape, everything looks pretty good, but in the game, the nails still fly off.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Am I doing everything right?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 8:29 AM
Have you checked whether the comments for the mesh group are okay?

If you blend two or more joints for one vertex, you'll want the NumSkinWgts to be 3.
If it's set to 1, the joint assignments will reset to 100% for the top joint in the list for that vertex.
If the mesh doesn't have comments, the joint assignments will break, and often act as if they aren't present.

For accessories they'll usually look something like this (keep the bolded as-is. Model name is the name of the group you're working on. Opacity tends to be -1 unless there are several layers)

ModelName: frame
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you checked whether the comments for the mesh group are okay?

If you blend two or more joints for one vertex, you'll want the NumSkinWgts to be 3.
If it's set to 1, the joint assignments will reset to 100% for the top joint in the list for that vertex.
If the mesh doesn't have comments, the joint assignments will break, and often act as if they aren't present.

For accessories they'll usually look something like this (keep the bolded as-is. Model name is the name of the group you're working on. Opacity tends to be -1 unless there are several layers)

ModelName: frame
Opacity: -1
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 3

Wow, I didn't think it would play such a role O_O
And it did help!
Thank you very much for your help!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 3:35 PM
If you're working with unimesh through Milkshape (anything animated/with joints that you import/export via right-click), you need to give each group comments. Otherwise they'll have issues.

If you skip the "HasTangentArray:" line, you could get the "bright CAS issue" for that particular item. If you notice the item is too bright or has a glow you can't figure out, this line missing is usually the problem.

If you replace non-animated items as OBJ meshes through the import/export function in the plugin window, they'll take on whatever comments the original mesh had, but this really only works for objects without animated parts or morphs (chairs,deco items, tables, etc.).
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 8:34 AM Last edited by JavierWhite : 22nd Aug 2023 at 10:05 AM.
How is it going? I really like your project and that is why I would love to know more about it. Please reply to me. I will wait for your reply and till then I am gonna visit This Site because I am looking for the best conclusion generator with the help of a Google search, I found that website link as well as, I found a link to your post and I love your project and that is why I came here to know more updates on this.