Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 5:54 PM
A New Scuba Diving Game?
Hello all,

Just testing the waters as it were (little pun there). Looking to see if anyone would be interested in playing and/or supporting development of a small indie project: A Scuba Diving Video Game. I literally have nothing done except some ideas in my head about how it would play out. Long story made short, you have 2 worlds: above the water and below it. Above the water, you have a dive shop where you can sell things you find at wrecks and such like and you can also buy new equipment for diving. Maybe more to be added above water. Below the water however is completely sandbox. Diving wrecks, find lost relics, maybe even a few other things (keeping that secret for now).

The only REAL scuba diving game that I can find that's worth anything at all is Treasures of the Deep for PSX. Loved that game as a kid and now, I'm interested in possibly making one that's 10 times that size, scope, and with a loooot more to it.

Like I said, this is just an attempt to see if I should start the ball rolling on this idea or if I'm crazy in even thinking that people would be interested. I'll be happy to give more information about ideas if people are interested. If this gets a lot of interest, I'll probably do a kickstarter or something to get some funds to get the ball rolling on it. Also, accepting ideas for things to do in game both above and below water.

Thanks for the input guys.

EDIT: Love the scuba diving in sims 3. just hate how limited it is :/
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 6:04 PM
It sounds very interesting, but I doubt I'll ever play it. (not really my type of game)
Good luck, though. Don't stress yourself on this project, and remember to take your time. Good games usually take a while to make.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 6:13 PM
Ha! Found one on steam awaiting greenlight.